America under President Trump

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

My slave ancestors worked tobacco in Virginia, not cotton.

My Volga-German Mennonite relatives fled oppression in Russia. One I know of fought in the US Civil War and was wounded at Seven Pines. NY Regiment. A bloody affair.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's right....you are beginning to figure this game out....but taking much longer than others.

American content....American forum engine....American hosting.....Americans.

Ignore America and I go away forever....but you (Canada)...can't.

So you come to a Canadian chat forum round the clock seven days a week because.....why?

8 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

So you come to a Canadian chat forum round the clock seven days a week because.....why?

Because I want to be the "Ugly American" that you love to hate, and have a jolly good time doing it.   I want to present glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one means, to be used as evidence against you.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because I want to be the "Ugly American" that you love to hate, and have a jolly good time doing it.   I want to present glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one means, to be used as evidence against you.

You can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant.

Except Alice...

20 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well you are the ugly American but your arguments are irrelevant. Replace “USA” with “China”  in any of your comments and you’ll see what I mean   Canadians are kore concerned with China than vice versa. Canadians rely more Chinese made products and tech vice versa   Yet China is not a better country you couldn’t pay me enough to live in that undemocratic shithole and no American would prefer a life in China to a life in Canada. 

So I really don give a shit where this forum is hosted or with what kind of engine it uses, any intelligent person would know that’s irrelevant.  Your country is broken, quality of life is worse by almost every measure, and YOU are here obsessing over us 

43 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Well you are the ugly American but your arguments are irrelevant. Replace “USA” with “China”  in any of your comments and you’ll see what I mean   Canadians are kore concerned with China than vice versa.

I do not see many threads with thousands of posts about China, Chinese politics, or culture in this Canadian forum.    Canadians worry about a lot of things that they have no control over.

Canadians rely more Chinese made products and tech vice versa   Yet China is not a better country you couldn’t pay me enough to live in that undemocratic shithole and no American would prefer a life in China to a life in Canada.

No, Canada is far more dependent on the U.S. economy than China's....for a very long time.   Donald Trump is seen as an "existential threat" to Canada because of his trade and foreign policy, far more than China, which only exported $45 billion to Canada in 2019.  

So I really don give a shit where this forum is hosted or with what kind of engine it uses, any intelligent person would know that’s irrelevant.  Your country is broken, quality of life is worse by almost every measure, and YOU are here obsessing over us 

I am just one American enjoying the Canadian circus, but millions of Canadians watch ours.   America will elect a president tomorrow, and Canadian media will be all over it...again.    That's what Canada does....the least I can do is return the "favour".

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I do not see many threads with thousands of posts about China, Chinese politics, or culture in this Canadian forum.    Canadians worry about a lot of things that they have no control over.

No, Canada is far more dependent on the U.S. economy than China's....for a very long time.   Donald Trump is seen as an "existential threat" to Canada because of his trade and foreign policy, far more than China, which only exported $45 billion to Canada in 2019.  

I am just one American enjoying the Canadian circus, but millions of Canadians watch ours.   America will elect a president tomorrow, and Canadian media will be all over it...again.    That's what Canada does....the least I can do is return the "favour".

None of the points you make matter. The number of Canadians who pay attention to the US and lack of Americans who reciprocate means nothing, its just some childish argument  

Your country is the one that is tearing itself apart and barely functioning as a democracy.  Whatever shortcomings Canada has don’t come close to youe existential crisis  

8 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Your country is the one that is tearing itself apart and barely functioning as a democracy.  Whatever shortcomings Canada has don’t come close to youe existential crisis  

So you are saying that when Canada fails it matters far less to the world ?   What happens in the U.S. matters a lot more ?

OK....

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So you are saying that when Canada fails it matters far less to the world ?   What happens in the U.S. matters a lot more ?

OK....

I’m saying only someone with the maturity of a teenager would give a shit if either of the above statements are true or not. Shit like that doesn’t matter in the real world.   Grow up. 

Nobody is like “Oh I lost my home because I can’t afford American health care, the schools are among the worst n the western world, my kid was killed in a school shooting, my drinking water is full of lead, the fire department won’t put out  house fires unless we pay them a $1,000 per year subscription and police legally confiscate cash from law/abiding citizens at will, but at least the ‘US matters a lot more’, that’s what’s really important, so glad I moved from Canada!”

Edited by BeaverFever

6 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

I’m saying only someone with the maturity of a teenager would give a shit if either of the above statements are true or not. Shit like that doesn’t matter in the real world.   Grow up. 

Grow up ?   You are the one whining about the U.S. and China....from Canada !

Nobody is like “Oh I lost my home because I can’t afford American health care and my kid was killed in a school shooting and my drinking water is full of lead but at least the ‘US matters a lot more’ that’s what’s really important, so glad I moved from Canada!”

People live in many nations around the world for many different reasons.   The U.S. and Canada are just two of them.   Hating on China or America because neither meet your expectations in Canada doesn't make a lot of sense.

7 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Grow up ?   You are the one whining about the U.S. and China....from Canada !

People live in many nations around the world for many different reasons.   The U.S. and Canada are just two of them.   Hating on China or America because neither meet your expectations in Canada doesn't make a lot of sense.

....but hating on Canada from the USA does? You’re the one whining about Canada on a Canadian chat forum....from the USA!

On 11/1/2020 at 8:59 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

I have socks that are older than Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Maybe if you didn’t have to spend your entire income on shitty inadequate health insurance you could afford new socks. That’s what really matters in this world: quality of life foe their citizens, not whose constitution is older or whose citizens are more or less knowledgeable about other countries. 

4 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

....but hating on Canada from the USA does? You’re the one whining about Canada on a Canadian chat forum....from the USA!

I don't hate Canada...far from it.   Have worked with Canadians for decades.  But I do engage the smug Canadian hate directed at Americans, and gladly turn it back in their direction in spades, citing Canada's failures and shortcomings in equal measure.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Most Canadians have a very big problem. They cannot seem to mind their own business when it comes to other countries affairs like America. While Canada burns under Castro Trudeau, Trump is their big main concern. They have no opinions on China the real enemy of Canada. 

When asked as to why they seem to despise Trump most of them will come up with, well, Trump is always arrogant, ignorant and rude. That is the only comeback for them to try and save their foolish azz faces. As if those same buffoons have never themselves in their whole lifetime been rude, ignorant or arrogant. Most Canadians can be such leftist liberal a-holes. 

The Canadian circus will go on forever until Canada can finally get a real and true conservative leader like Donald Trump to lead us out of the big top circus tent. Wishful thinking on my part. :D

On 11/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, taxme said:

Most Canadians have a very big problem. They cannot seem to mind their own business when it comes to other countries affairs like America. While Canada burns under Castro Trudeau, Trump is their big main concern. They have no opinions on China the real enemy of Canada. 

When asked as to why they seem to despise Trump most of them will come up with, well, Trump is always arrogant, ignorant and rude. That is the only comeback for them to try and save their foolish azz faces. As if those same buffoons have never themselves in their whole lifetime been rude, ignorant or arrogant. Most Canadians can be such leftist liberal a-holes. 

The Canadian circus will go on forever until Canada can finally get a real and true conservative leader like Donald Trump to lead us out of the big top circus tent. Wishful thinking on my part. :D

What a load of made up horse shit from top to bottom ROTFL 

Canada isn’t burning, Trump’s America is in the middle of an existential crisis as we speak. Canadians don’t hany criticism of Trump other than his demeanour. Read practically any thread on this forum or anything any critic has ever written about Trump in the last 5 years to see what a load of crap your statement is. 

The alternate reality Trumpsters create for themselves is absolutely ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Trump is the white-man's president. If he wins, blame "whites".

CNN- Millions of White voters show who they are

And now, bring on the Defunding. It's the future they voted for themselves.

Yeah, I saw this. I almost posted it as an example of how oblivious much of the mainstream media is to the realities of life. In reality, support for Trump is probably based as much on dislike for the Democrats as anything Trump says. White people vote for the Republicans because the alternative is a Democratic party obsessed with political correctness, identity politics, and with a hierarchy of importance which puts white people at the bottom. People in middle-American are tired of being looked down on and lectured by urban elites. They're patriotic and don't buy the incessant guilt-mongering of the progressives and their liberal allies. They also resent what has been done to them, with their jobs outsourced and all the new jobs, even in factories, requiring technical abilities and education which causes them to be placed in and around the big cities.  Do people like this think the opiod epidemic is because they're having so much fun there?

Trump at least spoke to them. He lied through his teeth, of course, and has done nothing for them, but at least he pretended he cared about them. And that's not something they've gotten from the Democrats.

55 minutes ago, Argus said:

They also resent what has been done to them, with their jobs outsourced and all the new jobs, even in factories, requiring technical abilities and education which causes them to be placed in and around the big cities. 

This is definitely a country-mouse town-mouse type of contest.

I heard Trump has helped US blacks more than any other president, at least in recent years.