America under President Trump

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

I believe he does have evidence, what it says I'm not sure, let's wait and see.  

Then why hasn't he presented any? He shot off his mouth on a bunch of early AM tweets with nothing to back them up yet he thinks that justifies Congress going on a fishing expedition with absolutely no evidence. You Trumpets will swallow any bit of BS that comes out of his mouth without fact checking one iota of it. 

• Like 2

Until Trump comes forward with this evidence we just have to wait,  BUT GCHQ, does do favour for the US along with Australia, New Zealand, Canada and in this case, the finger is pointing to the British which has TEMPORA computer system which was pointed out by Snowden and has Global Telecoms Expolitation. They have access to US internet programme PRISM, since June 2010, which has easy access to top internet companies. 2010, Obama brought in "going dark" were they can wiretap and leave no evidence. Again I'm not sure what documents  Trump has  but for his sane I hope he can prove it because no matter what it is , I'm sure the media  and the Dems will cut it up in pieces!

What information do Trump or his supporters think was obtained by wiretapping Trump Tower?  Everything we've learned so far has a more plausible explanation.  Jeff Sessions' meetings with Sergey Kislyak didn't happen in Trump Tower.  Michael Flynn's phone conversations with Sergey Kislyak may or may not have happened in Trump Tower, but it's far more likely that Michael Flynn and Sergey Kislyak were both being monitored.   It's also very likely that Paul Manafort and Carter Page were being monitored.   It's very likely that these individuals with high-level Russian contacts were being monitored.

What have we learned so far that indicates that Trump Tower must have been under surveillance? None of the info that has come out so far seems to suggest surveillance of Trump Tower. Rather it seems to indicate that the intelligence services were spying on exactly the kind of people you'd expect them to spy on.

I also find it odd that Trump supporters are upset by this.  Certainly when the DNC was hacked Trump and his supporters were delighted that foreign criminals had Exposed The Truth.  But since the election Trump supporters' enthusiasm for Exposing The Truth has diminished tremendously. They're not interested in the The Truth anymore, they're anxious to figure out why their guy is being exposed. Why is that?

And why DID Trump surround himself with Russian-connected people like Manafort, Page, and Flynn? Why did Sessions and Flynn lie about simple questions regarding their contact with Kislyak?  Why has Trump continuously lied about his financial ties to Russia? Why does Trump Tower have a server in communication with a Russian bank?  Why did Republican change their platform regarding military assistance to Ukraine during the RNC?

When it came to Hillary, Trump and his supporters said "where there's smoke, there's fire!"  But when it comes to the smoke currently billowing out of the White House, Trump supporters are stuffing wet towels under the doors and window-sills and shouting "LALALLAAA THERE'S NO FIRE" as loud as they can.

-k

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kimmy said:

What information do Trump or his supporters think was obtained by wiretapping Trump Tower?

There certainly was just cause to wiretap that computer in Trump tower communicating with Russia, but we have learned nothing beyond the fact it was primarily a conduit to a Russian bank with close connections to Putin & the FSB.

On 2017-03-14 at 1:29 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

So what ?   Cancer outcomes are better in the U.S. compared to Canada.

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/research/articles/concord-2.htm

I want health insurance to be priced and capitated like any other insurance product based on risk and costs.

If the government wants to underwrite all health insurance, then go for it and see what happens.

Are those outcomes corrected for stage? I took a quick look at the paper and it seems they are not. A good example of why this matters is prostate cancer. If a man lives long enough he will probably get it but many remain dormant in the prostate. In a fee for service system, the urologist has an incentive to do as many surgeries as possible so people get their PSA measured who shouldn't get it measured and end up having costly and dangerous surgery - and making the stats look better. Rudy Giuliani, a prostate cancer survivor, failed to appreciate this basic point when he compared US and UK stats on prostate cancer. Even the scientist who discovered PSA now says it is used too freely. 

The US is good on procedures and quality; where it falls down is access and cost.  Many poor people don't get simple, chronic diseases like hypertension and diabetes treated, with predictable results. 

10 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Sorry, could you explain what you mean a little more there. 

I was just pointing out that both hypertension and diabetes (type 2) are by a large measure influenced by environmental factors and can also be treated that way. That is not to say that the complications arising from these diseases don't require medical intervention, but for a large percentage of those who suffer from the disease there are non-medical solutions. Other chronic diseases like cancer may have an environmental factor influencing them but they cannot be treated that way.

3 hours ago, Topaz said:

Until Trump comes forward with this evidence we just have to wait,  BUT GCHQ, does do favour for the US along with Australia, New Zealand, Canada and in this case, the finger is pointing to the British which has TEMPORA computer system which was pointed out by Snowden and has Global Telecoms Expolitation. They have access to US internet programme PRISM, since June 2010, which has easy access to top internet companies. 2010, Obama brought in "going dark" were they can wiretap and leave no evidence. Again I'm not sure what documents  Trump has  but for his sane I hope he can prove it because no matter what it is , I'm sure the media  and the Dems will cut it up in pieces!

Why do we have to wait? If he or anyone else has evidence the British or any other country did anything they need to present it. You parrot this crap without an ounce of evidence to back it up. He is the one who beaked off and accused a former President of a crime. The asshole needs to put up or apologize and then shut up.

1 minute ago, Wilber said:

Why do we have to wait? If he or anyone else has evidence the British or any other country did anything they need to present it. You parrot this crap without an ounce of evidence to back it up. He is the one who beaked off and accused a former President of a crime. The asshole needs to put up or apologize and then shut up.

Unfortunately, he doesn't.  It's like the Birth Certificate.  He's put the idea into the heads of enough people that it will stick with some when the issue dies down and that's all he wants.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Unfortunately, he doesn't.  It's like the Birth Certificate.  He's put the idea into the heads of enough people that it will stick with some when the issue dies down and that's all he wants.

No he doesn't and he won't because it is what an ethical person would do.

Just now, Wilber said:

No he doesn't and he won't because it is what an ethical person would do.

Exactly.  In fact, I can see the claim that Obama tried to hit it off with Melania coming soon.

31 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I was just pointing out that both hypertension and diabetes (type 2) are by a large measure influenced by environmental factors and can also be treated that way. That is not to say that the complications arising from these diseases don't require medical intervention, but for a large percentage of those who suffer from the disease there are non-medical solutions. Other chronic diseases like cancer may have an environmental factor influencing them but they cannot be treated that way.

The environmental factors that partly cause them aren't going away. If you're not going to take on hunter-gathering full time, you will continue to live in a society that tends to make you fat. I could have mentioned high cholesterol as well - most of that is produced by the person, not ingested. On its own, lifestyle modification is not an effective solution for most people as anyone who has tried it can tell you. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

3 hours ago, Wilber said:

I know a lot more than I'm saying but its not me that needs to  show the evidence it's Trump and certain people lives could be in danger. The Elites are very powerful people and for all I know he could have been setup by them. I'm waiting, if I'm wrong than I'm wrong.

59 minutes ago, Topaz said:

I know a lot more than I'm saying but its not me that needs to  show the evidence it's Trump and certain people lives could be in danger. The Elites are very powerful people and for all I know he could have been setup by them. I'm waiting, if I'm wrong than I'm wrong.

Where is your evidence? You are as bad as Trump. All sorts of inuendo and accusations and nothing to back it up.

Trump is going to be on  FOX at 9PM and talk about it and Graham  just said he wants to know if any wiretap was done IN AMERICA?  He must know there wasn't it was a foreign country, so are they playing on words...someone should ask was there  wiretap on Trump inside or outside from other foreign countries like Britain made by the US?

4 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Trump is going to be on  FOX at 9PM and talk about it and Graham  just said he wants to know if any wiretap was done IN AMERICA?  He must know there wasn't it was a foreign country, so are they playing on words...someone should ask was there  wiretap on Trump inside or outside from other foreign countries like Britain made by the US?

Maybe you just have to reconcile yourself with the fact Trump is a serial liar.

More Canadians taking American jobs have been rejected at the border....this is getting interesting.

Canadian nurses working at Michigan hospitals were shocked last week when border security officers stopped them from entering the U.S. because of changes to their working visas under new immigration policies.

... She was told advanced practice nurses and nurse anesthetists no longer qualify for the working visas because of policy changes under U.S. President Donald Trump.

... The nurses have been advised they need to apply for H1B visa status, which is a separate category under NAFTA for more specialized employment. But those applications can cost between $3,000 and $4,000 depending on the applicant, according to Topoleski.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/canadian-nurses-working-in-us-rejected-1.4026554

I will predict that many Canadians will decry this move by President Trump while still moaning about TFW's in Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

On 2016-05-05 at 5:55 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Contrary to popular understanding, this is not Donald Trump's first presidential rodeo. Back in 1999 he actually predicted the future:

Trump told reporters: "It's not so much the Reform Party, it's really the fact that I'd want to make that if I ran and spent a lot of money I could actually win, I could beat that Democrat-Republican apparatus."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform_Party_presidential_primaries,_2000#Trump_enters_race

https://usatelections.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/donald-trump-president-campaign/

In the 56 days Trump has been in office, we’ve counted 219 false or misleading claims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims/