Islamophobia in Canada

1 hour ago, PIK said:

So is trudeau trying to sneak in sharia law? I never thought I would ever say it, but did he become muslim,when he went thru the act of becoming one. Why the love affair with Islam?

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/09/25/stop-normalizing-sharia-law-in-canada

Comparing Sharia law to Canon law is the height of dishonesty. Canon Law only governs religious behavior and applies only within the church, and its worst punishment is expulsion. Sharia law has a list of vicious and brutal punishments which include every form of mutilation and violent death, and is perhaps the most misogynistic set of laws ever written.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Yes, it's sad.  At least JW's don't have an actual death policy for those who leave - it's a symbolic one - shunning and disowning.  You can still get on with your life.

Shunned I was....right until the day they respectfully died. I hope Heaven is worth the fuss.

Just now, Argus said:

Comparing Sharia law to Conon law is the height of dishonesty. Canon Law only governs religious behavior and applies only within the church, and its worst punishment is expulsion. Sharia law has a list of vicious and brutal punishments which include every form of mutilation and violent death, and is perhaps the most misogynistic 'law' ever written.

Sharia applies to both Muslims and Non-Muslims...thus the problem.

3 minutes ago, Rue said:

"There is no God but Allah.  Muhammed is the messenger of God."

Just to explain what Dog refers to its the above saying which is known as the Shahada and Dog singles it out because many believe  only a Muslim will state this . The term "THE" before the word messenger is interpreted to read that ONLY Muhammed is the true  messenger of God, no different then when Christians put the word "THE" before the word "saviour" or "messiah"  or "son of God" when referring to Jesus. It is the first of 5 pillars (fundamental beliefs) of Sunni Muslims.

It is the most common and so important of statements Muslims make and supposedly devout Muslims say it to their newborns and on the deathbed of those on their way out.

Interestingly its the words on the Saudi Green flag in white on top of the white  sword.

It is said if you quote the above with conviction that is all you need to convert to Islam, which is why many say when Trudeau recited openly that is what he did.

Did he do that to pander to Muslims or because he really converted? Lol I suspect the former not the latter but technically a Jew or Christian or believer in any other religion should not say it because its intent is to exclusively select Muhammed as THE no. 1 messenger. To be fair it does acknowledge other prophets, but none at the same level of truth or righteousness as Muhammed, so Jews who practice Judaism would not say that since they are still waiting for the messiah. Christians wouldn't say it since they believe Jesus is the messiah or messenger of messengers. So its a controversial phrase to be sure if you are not Muslim and say it.

Now me I believe anyone, I mean anyone is a messiah or messenger of God and we were all "born" from God and sent to try heal the world.

That makes me a form of Kabbalist Jew or what others call Gnostic Christians, Taoists, Buddhists, certain kinds of other Eastern religions were we believe God is not a person but an abstract approximation for a source of energy we believe travels infinitely and mutates in expression and form. We believe there is a point where all and nothing are one and the same and from that point all and nothing decides to share itself by creating from a  portion of itself a detached form of its energy which in turn does the same and an infinite wave or progression of dettachments then cascades creating infinite numbers of universes and life forms.

This believe expressed in most religions is reserved for the mystics, the elders who evolve passed the literal meanings of words and the perceptions of the five senses in our material world which these mystics would call illusions, mistaken constructs caused by the distortion of our material world that leave sus to believe that which is can only be of our 5 senses say so.

Now when you get into fundamentalist Islam like fundamentalist Judaism or Christianity, we don't go into discussions about God as an abstract notion of the infinite movement of energy-it says rooted in tales of humans and lessons through Moses, Jesus, Muhammed.

Its only when you become a mystic Jew and unlock the Kaballah or are a mystic Christian sworn to the secrecy of the inner lawyer of elite Jesuits or perhaps a rare sect of Suddis or Wahabi Muslims do you get into this mystical world of abstract energy flow as in animistic or aboriginal belief systems or  Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism or certain Martial Arts disciplines.

Its probable there are very deep profound mystical Muslims who have transcended the Koran's literal words as Jews and Christians have but we common folk would never know.

As for this chant its a faith creed. It is similar to the one in Judaism that says "Here oh Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." or affirmations by Christians in prayer about Jesus being The So of God and all salvation must be through belief in him and his purpose.

I treat all humans as having originated from the same source of energy so I would not declare the second part of the saying. In discussions I would say Muhammed, Jesus, are considered equally as divine by their respective followers and in that sense infallible. In Judaism Rabbiahs, learned scholars, are fallible and to be questioned. The expression "messiah" is taken by the majority of religious  Jews to literally mean one person who has yet to come.

For non religious Jews or modern Jews, like modern Christians or very progressive modern Muslims, we don't read messiah to be one person, just a figurative expression of the potential in all of us to do good and therefore heal or save the world or do bad and injure it. So in that sense it makes us both good and evil not just one or the other, which is ironically in physics what is claimed to make energy-negative and positive poles clashing. The negative and positive poles some believe was made into a coded reference as Adam and Eve.

Either that or we are all inbred and that would explain why the planet is full of crazy humans.

This deserves to be on this page.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Sharia applies to both Muslims and Non-Muslims...thus the problem.

No, it's a brutal, misogynistic, bigoted set of medieval laws, regardless of who it applies to. That is the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, Argus said:

No, it's a brutal, misogynistic, bigoted set of medieval laws, regardless of who it applies to. That is the problem.

Well...that too. But, let's be honest...if the Muslims could confine their beheady activities to certain remote sections of the Middle East...we'd call it a day...and a victory...perhaps a tad Pyrrhic. 

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Well...that too. But, let's be honest...if the Muslims could confine their beheady activities to certain remote sections of the Middle East...we'd call it a day...and a victory...perhaps a tad Pyrrhic. 

Yeah, but we're talking Sharia law in Canada. I don't want it here even if it only applies to Muslims.

• Like 2

Just now, Argus said:

Yeah, but we're talking Sharia law in Canada. I don't want it here even if it only applies to Muslims.

By definition...it applies to ALL....not only Muslims. It supersedes human law according to devout Muslims.

24 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Again...your ONLY defence is to lie and claim I made the whooooooole thing up.

I do admire your ability, however, to support an organization that is as devoutly anti-woman as it is anti-West/anti-Semitic.

Some women long to be told what to do.

I didn't claim you lied.  I merely made clear that I doubted the accuracy of your claim.  Lying is deliberate deceit, but you may only be mistaken in what you believe.

I notice you continue to misrepresent what I say.  Why is that, I wonder?

Edited by dialamah

Just now, dialamah said:

I didn't claim you lied.  I merely made clear that I doubted the accuracy of your claim.  Lying is deliberate deceit, but you may only be mistaken in what yoy believe.

lol...so am I accurate???

Or will you say I'm lying?

:lol::lol:

Allahu Akbar, dialamah!

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

He does still attend the Church he was raised in, so even if what you say is remotely accurate, he is no longer a Muslim.

Or he engaged in blasphemy and had to recant in confession before he could return to the church. Technically what he said is in direct conflict with the most basic of Christian values-that Jesus is  the only messenger. Its weird that is for sure. Then again there are rules for the rich and privileged and those for the unwashed masses in all religions.

Oh hell what was it yesterday Prince Harry stood next to Melania Trump and gave what many believe was the sign of Satan on his jacket while he posed standing next to her. You can see him selecting his fingers to hold sideways on his jacket!

If Trudeau is one of the "illuminati" he has no fear travelling anywhere and being an impostor.

warning: the above contributor is inbred and can be traced back to Adam and Eve the original sinners

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

He does still attend the Church he was raised in, so even if what you say is remotely accurate, he is no longer a Muslim.

The secret oath of the Jesuits found on the internet is to be whatever will further their ultimate objectives.  If being a Muslim ostensibly is what it takes, then certainly be a Muslim ostensibly.  He supports "pro choice" (pro abortion) dogma and has banned anyone from being a candidate in his party if they are not "pro choice".  Whatever will get him elected within a certain constituency is what he supports.  If open borders and welcoming the world to walk in will please his constituency, then support open borders.  If opposing "white privilege" and "colonialism" is useful to appeal to his constituency, then oppose that as well.  If divide and conquer will ensure support from a certain constituency, then divide and conquer.

Edited by blackbird

18 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

lol...so am I accurate???

Or will you say I'm lying?

:lol::lol:

Allahu Akbar, dialamah!

I do not think your statement is accurate; you think it is.  This could be considered a difference of opinion or even belief, but if you prefer to claim I am calling you a liar, fill your boots.  :) 

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is a religion and political system similar to Nazism. It's not a race or a skin colour.

It is the way you concernists treat it.

From a Muslims perspective there's is zero difference between you and a Nazi.

Your uncle would clearly recognize a kindred spirit if he saw one.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Trump just did it too.

So what ?   Bill Clinton did it in 1993:

“We would overwhelmingly retaliate if {the North Koreans} were to ever use, to develop and use nuclear weapons. It would mean the end of their country as they know it.”

He added, “North Korea is just one of many renegade nations that would like to have nuclear weapons and be unaccountable for them, and we can’t let it happen.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1512422/clinton-threatened-end-north-korea-long-trump/

What does wiping out North Korea have to do with Islamophobia in Canada ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

Trump just did it too.

I don't think the Jews were threatening either Mohammad or Hitler with nuclear destruction even though you claim otherwise.

It is the way you concernists treat it.

From a Muslims perspective there's is zero difference between you and a Nazi.

Your uncle would clearly recognize a kindred spirit if he saw one.

Oh, you worked with my uncle in Yugoslavia during WW2?

Do tell.

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So what ?   Bill Clinton did it in 1993:

What does wiping out North Korea have to do with Islamophobia in Canada ?

The principles and/or lack thereof in play.

The amount of stock people put into Iran's threat to wipe Israel off the map, not to mention the disparate reactions to threats of this nature did cross my mind.

What Israel and Iran have to do Islamophobia in Canada is plainly obvious. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

The principles and/or lack thereof in play.

The amount of stock people put into Iran's threat to wipe Israel off the map, not to mention the disparate reactions to threats of this nature did cross my mind.

What Israel and Iran have to do Islamophobia in Canada is plainly obvious. 

So pretzel logic with mustard....Islamophobia in Canada => DPRK nukes => Donald Trump => Iran => Israel

Got it....NHL hockey season can't come too soon, eh ?

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So pretzel logic with mustard....Islamophobia in Canada => DPRK nukes => Donald Trump => Iran => Israel

Got it....

You're the one slathering on the mustard. Must be to make it easier to pretzel your way around the principle and/or lack thereof on display at this point in this thread.

NHL hockey season can't come too soon, eh ?

I have no idea, I don't watch it myself. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

I've been reading a history book about the Silk Road - A History of the World, that ran through the middle east to Asia from Europe down through the ages.  That refers to the trade that went on between the Roman Empire and Asia, Persia, India, China, and the middle east.  If you look back a thousand years or more ago, I don't think there was so much trouble with Islam and jihadists in the middle east.  They did a lot of trading with the Roman Empire and parts of the Roman Empire sold slaves to them.  There didn't appear to be the tension between the west and parts of the middle east that there is today.  The parties did try to conquer each other at times such as in the Crusades and during the spread of Islam into Spain and France, and struggles in other areas, but I don't think there was an ongoing general hostility between the parties.  I could be wrong about that and am just speculating as there was so much in the history of that part of the world.  I will have to re-read the book but it is very long.  But it seems there were even areas that Islam took over and allowed the Jews or christians to practice their own religion as long as they followed the laws or rules. But I guess not every place was like that.  

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I've been reading a history book about the Silk Road - A History of the World, that ran through the middle east to Asia from Europe down through the ages.  That refers to the trade that went on between the Roman Empire and Asia, Persia, India, China, and the middle east.  If you look back a thousand years or more ago, I don't think there was so much trouble with Islam and jihadists in the middle east.  They did a lot of trading with the Roman Empire and parts of the Roman Empire sold slaves to them.  There didn't appear to be the tension between the west and parts of the middle east that there is today.  The parties did try to conquer each other at times such as in the Crusades and during the spread of Islam into Spain and France, and struggles in other areas, but I don't think there was an ongoing general hostility between the parties.  I could be wrong about that and am just speculating as there was so much in the history of that part of the world.  I will have to re-read the book but it is very long.  But it seems there were even areas that Islam took over and allowed the Jews or christians to practice their own religion as long as they followed the laws or rules. But I guess not every place was like that.  

Islam post-dates the Roman Empire by many centuries. What was left over from Rome was the Byzantine Empire that controlled much of the Middle East in the 7th century. It was in decline as Islam was rising.

The law you refer to is Omar's Law/Covenant aka Pact of Umar...etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pact_of_Umar

Omar was one of Mohammad's Companions and was Caliph after I believe Abu Bakr. It was under Omar's regime that Jerusalem was besieged and taken by force to be Islam's Third most Holy Place...a fairly modern term actually...coined by the Mufti al-Husseini.

The Pact allowed infidels to retain their religion as long as they paid a tax (Jizya) and followed numerous points (listed on the wiki). It's part of Islamic Jurisprudence today.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam post-date the Roman Empire by many centuries. What was left over from Rome was the Byzantine Empire that controlled much of the Middle East in the 7th century. It was in decline as Islam was rising.

The law you refer to is Omar's Law/Covenant aka Pact of Umar...etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pact_of_Umar

Omar was one of Mohammad's Companions and was Caliph after I believe Abu Bakr. It was under Omar's regime that Jerusalem was besieged and taken by force to be Islam's Third most Holy Place...a fairly modern term actually...coined by the Mufti al-Husseini.

The Pact allowed infidels to retain their religion as long as they paid a tax (Jizya) and followed numerous points (listed on the wiki). It's part of Islamic Jurisprudence today.

You are absolutely correct.  You seem to be quite up on a lot of the history around Islam.  The Roman Empire ceased to exist before Islam started around the 7th century.  But there was the Holy Roman Empire which existed after the Roman Empire.  Then I think, if my guess is correct, around 1000 A.D. the Holy Roman Empire split creating the Byzantine eastern part which went their own way.   I'm not sure how long the Holy Roman Empire lasted but I think it was around well into a few centuries ago in part of Europe.   Do you know if the Jizya tax is collected anywhere today?

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

You are absolutely correct.  You seem to be quite up on a lot of the history around Islam.  The Roman Empire ceased to exist before Islam started around the 7th century.  But there was the Holy Roman Empire which existed after the Roman Empire. I'm not sure how long that lasted but I think it was around well into a few centuries ago in part of Europe.   Wonder if the Jizya tax is collected anywhere today.

Oh yeah.

The Holy Roman Empire was actually the German/Frankish states and Northern Italy combined back in the 800s to end of the 18th century. Charlemagne and all that...

Proto-Germany