Islamophobia in Canada

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

He caused multiple "mischiefs" against Islam and showed no remorse! Off with his head!

Wait...we're not Saudi Arabia or Pakistan yet...

But they are allies!  Canada sold them weapons!  We love Islamic tyrants. Just not the ones supported by those pesky Russians.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

No, I was wondering if the incitement to hatred worked.  I wonder how easy it is.

Research some sites, perhaps starting with this one:  Life After Hate

Our core services stem from the foundation of our members’ reformed ideology and unique experiential immersion within the world’s most violent extremist organizations.

Your neighbour shouldn't have lied.

Lied?  He threatened to kill people.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

There are lots of shootings in Canada and the US. Crazy people even shoot children. Are you going to build an ideology around creating  a word to describe that other than crazy? Your complaint of a rise in hate crimes is without merit. People are reacting to outsiders and the news. Virtually all such 'hate crimes' are minor in nature, and consist of verbal abuse or vandalism.

Even when those crimes are directed against Jews?

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Research some sites, perhaps starting with this one:  Life After Hate

Lied?  He threatened to kill people.

Threatening to kill people is definitely against the law.  Don't need hate speech laws for that. 

Edited by bcsapper

14 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

But special laws are needed...a reading of Quran 3 109 on should provide the answer as to 'why'...

Did anyone catch it? 

Here we go....

1. Everything belongs to Allah. EVERYTHING.

2. Muslims are the BEST people ever and superior to the unbeliever.

3. The unbeliever must be made to feel humiliated for not being Muslim.

4. Don't worry if the infidels fight back. Islam will still triumph.

5. Not all unbelievers are the same. Some are useful while some are stubborn in their disbelief.

6. If they switch sides and become Muslim...treat them as family.

7. If not punishment awaits. 

33 minutes ago, Argus said:

The biggest threat against Jews is Muslims.

Do you have some facts to back that up?  As far as I have been able to determine, white nationalists are usually the culprits when it comes to Jews, Blacks and now, Muslims.  In 2015, hate crimes against Jews declined over the previous year and increased against Muslims; that seems odd if Muslims are the biggest threat to Jews.

Anyway, if the crimes against Jews and Muslims are similar in both type and number (178 to 159) should they also be dismissed as minor? 

Edited by dialamah

23 hours ago, Goddess said:

Of course the irony here is that Jacee is doing exactly what many have said - the motion will be used by idiots to stifle any discussion about Islam.

Discussion about Islam is not relevant in this thread topic.

Freedom of religion is a fact in Canada. Doesn't matter which one, but Islamophobia is a current concern in Canada.

Trying to justify hate crimes against Muslims by poking through their religion is nuts ... or Islamophobic trolling.

Hate crimes are just crimes.

1 minute ago, jacee said:

Discussion about Islam is not relevant in this thread topic.

Freedom of religion is a fact in Canada. Doesn't matter which one, but Islamophobia is a current concern in Canada.

Trying to justify hate crimes against Muslims by poking through their religion is nuts ... or Islamophobic trolling.

Hate crimes are just crimes.

No discussing Islam in the thread about Islam.

That would be FITNAH.

:lol:

30 minutes ago, jacee said:

Check it out:

"Incites hatred" is a crime in a public place, with a likely breach of the peace. 

"Promotes hatred" is anyhow anywhere - eg here on mlw, etc.

I'm still wondering if it worked.   Not overly interested in the other bits.

44 minutes ago, Peter F said:

If he keeps writing stuff on public property after he gets out then good. Is there supposed to be an exception if you approve of  whatever graffiti he pens?

FIVE MONTHS...for graffiti as Doctor Soong posted above.

Good thing he didn't burn a Quran.

Edited by DogOnPorch

54 minutes ago, Peter F said:

If he keeps writing stuff on public property after he gets out then good. Is there supposed to be an exception if you approve of  whatever graffiti he pens?

I wonder what Banksy will get when they finally figure out who (s)he is.  Probably never get out of jail.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I wonder what Banksy will get when they finally figure out who (s)he is.  Probably never get out of jail.

I have zero clue who this poor bugger is...perhaps he's a real jerk. FIVE MONTHS though...and we're just starting our voyage, my dear Winston Smith.

Lots of bluster about FREEDOM OF RELIGION...and that's swell.

I'm more concerned about freedom from religion

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I have zero clue who this poor bugger is...perhaps he's a real jerk. FIVE MONTHS though...and we're just starting our voyage, my dear Winston Smith.

Lots of bluster about FREEDOM OF RELIGION...and that's swell.

I'm more concerned about freedom from religion

Five months in jail is ridiculous.  I would be curious as to how much his own previous graffiti crimes, and the precedence set by the punishment for others committing graffiti crimes, had to do with the harshness of his sentence, compared to the message he wrote, which, while not being one I would subscribe to myself,  is a legally held opinion without any chance whatsoever of inciting hatred in those who don't already feel it.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it because of something they read in a bus shelter - Not Blaise Pascal

...and I have to say...Islam has been a pill all my life. 

Those old enough might recall the Oil Embargo of the early 70s.

Do you know why it occurred? 

Canada was being PUNISHED by Saudi Arabia for supporting Israel....Jews. That hurt a LOT of good people for no reason other than revenge.

Not to mention making airline travel a REAL adventure...Entebbe put a halt to that nonsense for a while...

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Five months in jail is ridiculous.  I would be curious as to how much his own previous graffiti crimes, and the precedence set by the punishment for others committing graffiti crimes, had to do with the harshness of his sentence, compared to the message he wrote, which while not being one I would subscribe to myself,  is a legally held opinion without any chance whatsoever of inciting hatred in those who don't already feel it.

If I wrote "No More Atheists" on a bus stop....well...you know the rest.

(crickets chirp in the background)