Islamophobia in Canada

7 minutes ago, jacee said:

You are still trying to incite and wilfully promote hatred against an identifiable group in Canada.

You can pretend that I wrote the Quran all you like.

3 minutes ago, jacee said:

That's debatable, in another appropriate thread. Go start one.

How is that relevant to Islamophobia in Canada?

No it isn't. The Arabs started the war.

Your Palestinian Cause was started by one of Hitler's Nazis.

These are facts.

On 19/09/2017 at 7:44 PM, bcsapper said:

Did it work with you?  Do you hate them?

Well, see here's the facts:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/page-73.html#h-93

(2) Every one who, by communicating statements, other than in private conversation, wilfully promotes hatred against any identifiable group is guilty of ... 

Mapleleafweb discussions are not "private conversation".

Edited by jacee

On 20/09/2017 at 4:24 AM, Altai said:

Here I searched for some more details,

Yehudi derives from Yehud.

Yehud (Judah) is one of the sons of Jacob.

The word Jewish is just a linguistic difference, so Yehudi and Jewish means same things. 

Its for sure the word Yehudi (Jewish) is also used the name of a belief because Allah says "They wanted you to accept to be a Yehudi or Christian." 

So in summary, the word Jewish does not only mean an ethnic but it also mean a belief.

I don't know.

You should start a thread to engage DogOnPorch on these religious issues.

This isn't a religious discussion, though there's a forum for that.

This thread is about Islamophobia in Canada. 

This discussion is about hate crimes against Muslims in Canada.

Edited by jacee

34 minutes ago, jacee said:

(2) Every one who, by communicating statements, other than in private conversation, wilfully promotes hatred against any identifiable group is guilty of ... 

If you're so concerned about this conversation, why haven't you gone to the RCMP?

On 20/09/2017 at 2:02 PM, PIK said:

WTF do you mean I am not in Islam, you are a women, get it.  Bill m103 jacee is nothing to do with inciting hatred, any criticism of it will be unlawful. Don't you read up on anything. I am now believing you are nothing but a troll, you can't be a white grandmother like you say you are. Be truthful.

Omigod.

Could you be any more obtuse?!

Ya I'm a 250 year old orange troll. B)

The motion, known as M-103, became a matter of acrimonious debate, with opponents painting it as a slippery slope towards limiting freedom of speech and even bringing in Sharia law

So ... How's it working so far?

Is your freedom of speech somehow limited, beyond the current criminal laws?

Is Sharia law affecting you personally somehow? Eg, Are you divorcing a Muslim woman?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

So...when the Communists set their eyes on Iran as the USSR's latest R...the 'West' should have allowed the theft of property and handed it all over to Russia.

Excellent idea...for a Communist.

Complete washed up lies to cover up the involvement of British intelligence and CIA in the coup of prime minister Dr Mossadegh in 1953. But you are so determined to carry on with the propaganda...

Imagine all that oil was nationalised by the democratically elected Iranian goverment back then. What would have happened if BP didn't get their oil from Abadan installation at subsidised prices? Those evil Eyeranians were too smart and damn Churchill didn't want to have that....Who cares about democracy flourishing....hmmmmm! You certainly don't...

Edited by kactus

41 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Of course the irony here is that Jacee is doing exactly what many have said - the motion will be used by idiots to stifle any discussion about Islam.

Where?  I only saw her ask exactly what restrictions M103 has placed on speech, or what Sharia we were now being subjected to as a result of M103.  

Edited by dialamah

2 hours ago, jacee said:

I wasn't worried about the law. I was wondering if it worked. 

7 hours ago, jacee said:

I don't know.

You should start a thread to engage DogOnPorch on these religious issues.

This isn't a religious discussion, though there's a forum for that.

This thread is about Islamophobia in Canada. 

This discussion is about hate crimes against Muslims in Canada.

You dont have to read. I am quiting you because the part which I am interested written by you. I am not talking to you but I am postings in general. I dont care what you think. Someone mentioned "hate speech" done by in mosques to justify his anti-islamic ideas and I am examining the issue. Okay.

Edited by Altai

11 hours ago, dialamah said:

Where?  I only saw her ask exactly what restrictions M103 has placed on speech, or what Sharia we were now being subjected to as a result of M103.  

I was referring to the fact that she keeps popping up here to use the motion to accuse people here of violating the law by inciting hatred against Muslims by engaging in this conversation. While at the same time saying that Muslims should not be allowed to question their own religious beliefs because if they joined a religion that limits their free speech, it's their own tough luck.

Which is why I asked her why she's not reporting this conversation to the RCMP if she feels this conversation is a violation of the law, due to the motion.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I was referring to the fact that she keeps popping up here to use the motion to accuse people here of violating the law by inciting hatred against Muslims by engaging in this conversation.

She's trying to use actual hate speech laws, not the motion.  I don't agree with her that what is said on here rises to breaking the law, but laws against hate speech already exist, and that is what she is referring to and quoted farther up.   Not the motion, which she did say was only a motion for study and had no effect on laws.

35 minutes ago, Goddess said:

While at the same time saying that Muslims should not be allowed to question their own religious beliefs because if they joined a religion that limits their free speech, it's their own tough luck.

I didn't see her say that, either, but not going back to double-check.

36 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Which is why I asked her why she's not reporting this conversation to the RCMP if she feels this conversation is a violation of the law, due to the motion.

In 2010, the Ottawa Protocol on Combating Antisemitism was adopted in response to growing anti-Semitism around the world.  It's not a law, but an action plan to address what many people on this forum agree is a problem.  It defines what 'antisemitism is, and reads in part:

Calling for, aiding, or justifying the killing or harming of Jews in the name of radical ideology or an extremist view of religion.

Making mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such or the power of Jews as collective - such as, especially but not exclusively - the myth about a world Jewish conspiracy, or of Jews controlling the media, economy, government or other societal institutions.

Accusing Jews as a people of being responsible for real or imagined wrongdoing committed by a single Jewish person or group, or even for acts committed by non-Jews.

So, some questions:

Do you object to the Ottawa Protocol, which has been criticized for much of the same reasons Motion M103 has been criticized?

Do you agree that making "mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing or stereotypical allegations" about Jews is antisemitism, or should it be considered part of free speech?

If growing antisemitism was considered a problem to be addressed, is there a reason why growing anti-Muslim sentiment shouldn't be addressed?

20 minutes ago, dialamah said:

It worked for us, when the dickhead neighbor had to move because he broke hate speech laws.   :)    

A threat. That's the way Islam rolls.    

The Quran encourages revenge as it isn't a sin. And you seek revenge for my showing you a fool.

Fitnah...like I'm causing your particular cult...is punishable with death....under Islam's Sharia.

You did like the idea me dead at the hands of Jihadis if I recall.

---------------------------------------------------------

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

https://quran.com/5/32

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

A threat. That's the way Islam rolls.    

The Quran encourages revenge as it isn't a sin. And you seek revenge for my showing you a fool.

Fitnah...like I'm causing your particular cult...is punishable with death....under Islam's Sharia.

You did like the idea me dead at the hands of Jihadis if I recall.

---------------------------------------------------------

What are you talking about?   We had a neighbor who harassed his non-white neighbors, and made death threats.  He was charged, and was given a restraining order, which meant he had to move.  This really has nothing to do with you.

Geez.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dialamah said:

What are you talking about?   We had a neighbor who harassed his non-white neighbors, and made death threats.  He was charged, and was given a restraining order, which meant he had to move.  This really has nothing to do with you.

Geez.

Geez yourself. A veiled threat, none-the-less. RCMP and 'hate crimes'....arresting "Islamophobes"...forcing them out of their homes.

You and jacee can give it your best shot. 

Islam needs your protection.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Geez yourself. A veiled threat, none-the-less. RCMP and 'hate crimes'....arresting "Islamophobes"...forcing them out of their homes.

You and jacee can give it your best shot. 

Islam needs your protection.

Wow.  You need to lay off the meth, its making you delusional and paranoid.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jacee said:

Okay, I found it.  However, there are defenses for that:

Defences

(3) No person shall be convicted of an offence under subsection (2)

• (a) if he establishes that the statements communicated were true;

• (b) if, in good faith, the person expressed or attempted to establish by an argument an opinion on a religious subject or an opinion based on a belief in a religious text;

• (c) if the statements were relevant to any subject of public interest, the discussion of which was for the public benefit, and if on reasonable grounds he believed them to be true; or

• (d) if, in good faith, he intended to point out, for the purpose of removal, matters producing or tending to produce feelings of hatred toward an identifiable group in Canada.

Mapleleaf may be a public place, but it is also a discussion board.

(c) if the statements were relevant to any subject of public interest, the discussion of which was for the public benefit, and if on reasonable grounds he believed them to be true; or

Edited by betsy

14 hours ago, jacee said:

Omigod.

Could you be any more obtuse?!

Ya I'm a 250 year old orange troll. B)

The motion, known as M-103, became a matter of acrimonious debate, with opponents painting it as a slippery slope towards limiting freedom of speech and even bringing in Sharia law

So ... How's it working so far?

Is your freedom of speech somehow limited, beyond the current criminal laws?

Is Sharia law affecting you personally somehow? Eg, Are you divorcing a Muslim woman?

I don't think anyone here expects Sharia Law to be on our doorstep tomorrow. 

It's the chipping off of our rights - at the same time going in-lined with "blasphemy" laws by Islam - that will eventually lead to that! 

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

It worked for us,     when the dickhead neighbor had to move because he broke hate speech laws.   :)   

So, all these talk about you being an ex-Christian and now a non-religious......it's all ptooooey.  :)  
You're a Muslim.

.......you finally came out of the closet!  :lol:
Edited by betsy