War Against ISIL

Big Guy

I'm sure the ones responsible for the current "rivers of blood" in Yemen had reasons to come into being too. At some point you have to blame the people doing the bombing.

"The group posted an online statement saying that five suicide bombers carried out what it described as a “blessed operation” against the “dens of the Shiites.”"

Very simple. They obviously enjoy killing. Why else is that a common denominator in each country in the area except Israel?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is stupid to stereotype either Jews as a people or Muslims as a people enjoying the death of each other.

You Marcus are as tribal as JBG in that sense.

When the majority bring a petty, gaudy, racist warmonger to power and support the killing of gazans in the recent attack on gaza, then there is an obvious problem.

Many Israelis are too brainwashed to realize what they have turned into. It's time for the world to intervene, because Israelis cannot be trusted to make the humane and just decision.

On Guard what is it with you? Seriously. What the hell is going on. Canada not that you noticed has F-18A Hornets. It has never had F-16's. Saudi Arabia, the U.S., Israel, the UAE and Kuwait do. Not Canada. The Royal Canadian Air Force has never bombed any refugee camps.

The Harper government like Netanyahu is for a two state solution.

You and your entourage need a vacation. How about you travel to Gaza and find out what it is, how Hamas runs it.

Yah like that will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a sad day....warmonger Canada has now violated "international law" and is guilty of "war crimes"...again:

The Canadian military conducted its first airstrike on an ISIS target in Syria today, according to the Department of National Defence.

Two Canadian CF-18s were involved in the airstrike against an ISIS garrison near Raqqa, Syria, the department said in a release,

adding that the Canadian Armed Forces aircrew and aircraft have safely returned to base.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/isis-mission-canada-conducts-1st-airstrike-in-syria-1.3025559

Democracy is the most sophisticated method of public order and at the end of the evolution of social organization. Societies have to evolve into that position. I do not believe that you/we can impose a democracy on any society - the people have to evolve into it.

Imposing democracy is an oxymoron.

It's also extremely difficult to have democracy (and peaceful transfer of power) in countries that were created by Western Europe, like much of the developing world, including much of the Middle-East. You jam multiple rival cultural groups into the same country and you're going to get power struggles and instability unless a dictator rules with an iron fist to keep order. Look at the freaking political problems that have occurred in Canada with english and french-speaking people barely able to get along without separating the country.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a documentary on what is happening to those people who live on that land in Iraq and Syria that ISIS has taken over.

On Western TV we see people beheaded, those black turbaned guys shooting people and those terrorists demolishing ancient ruins. ISIS is composed of Sunni fanatics. The land they now occupy is populated mostly be Sunni Iraqis and Sunni Syrians.

The documentary I saw shows how ISIS occupied land is being run. Sharia law reigns - thieves get their hands cut off and murderers are obligated to look after the responsibilities of those who they murdered. A health system has been established where all people have access to medical help. There are social services provided for those who need them. Personal security for individuals is guaranteed by Sharia Law. There are vaccination campaigns and maternity wards for expectant mothers.

This radical anti-West documentary is from ... CNN!

It looks to me like many of the occupants of Iraq and Syria are a lot better off under ISIS then they were under the USA puppet government in Iraq and the Assad dictatorship in Syria.

And we wonder why ISIS is doing so well in that part of the world.

But Canada keeps dropping bombs helping Assad the butcher to maintain a stranglehold on dissidents in Syria.

Maybe our involvement in Iraq and Syria will be as successful as it was in Libya and Afghanistan.

Maybe it will not be.

On Western TV we see people beheaded, those black turbaned guys shooting people and those terrorists demolishing ancient ruins. ISIS is composed of Sunni fanatics. The land they now occupy is populated mostly be Sunni Iraqis and Sunni Syrians.

The documentary I saw shows how ISIS occupied land is being run. Sharia law reigns - thieves get their hands cut off and murderers are obligated to look after the responsibilities of those who they murdered. A health system has been established where all people have access to medical help. There are social services provided for those who need them. Personal security for individuals is guaranteed by Sharia Law. There are vaccination campaigns and maternity wards for expectant mothers.

It looks to me like many of the occupants of Iraq and Syria are a lot better off under ISIS then they were under the USA puppet government in Iraq and the Assad dictatorship in Syria.

Just great. The Black Panthers served breakfast to the needy as well as murdering police officers. Does one excuse the other?

Edited by jbg

My point is that it is a civil war. The Sunni's are being looked after by ISIS. These Sunni's are better off under ISIS than they were under the USA puppet government in Baghdad. If they were not, there would be uprisings and chaos.

We are being fed the spin that ISIS is some kind of invading force. The Sunni's have been suppressed in Iraq and butchered in Syria. These folks see ISIS as a liberation army.

Why are folks surprised that ISIS is in such solid control of the Sunni areas - the Sunni's want them there !!!! HELLO!

I try to understand why people and groups of people do what they do. I believe that the simplistic point of view is to write off some movement as crazed or ultra fanatical and certainly evil. I do not.

For example, the people in Gaza get far more from their government than they got from Israel. There is a reason they are loyal to Hamas - Hamas tries to provide for them.

http://www.economist.com/node/21526779

There are many movements around the world with which I disagree and many governments with which I have little respect - but - in most cases they do what they do because they believe it will benefit their own people. That is their role. And if it means that their actions make it worse for others then so what?

Does anybody really think that Americans and Canadians do things to make things better for other people and worse for Americans and Canadians? Any government that does that will not last very long.

Edited by Big Guy

We are being fed the spin that ISIS is some kind of invading force. The Sunni's have been suppressed in Iraq and butchered in Syria. These folks see ISIS as a liberation army.

Why are folks surprised that ISIS is in such solid control of the Sunni areas - the Sunni's want them there !!!! HELLO!

There's a term for that; tyranny of the majority. Sort of like the French Revolution. Is that what you're advocating?

Does anybody really think that Americans and Canadians do things to make things better for other people and worse for Americans and Canadians? Any government that does that will not last very long.

I guess it's West bad, Islamists good no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

The good news is that our bad enemy Assad has lost control of the Syrian province Idlib to insurgents. The bad news is that the insurgents are our really bad enemy Al Qaeda. Our coalition controls the airspace over Idlib so the bad guys from the Assad government could not use their airplanes against the really bad guys from Ai Qaeda.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/04/reports-syria-goverment-loses-stronghold-idlib-150425083733226.html

BTW - Our latest sortie has killed at least 52 innocent civilians in another part of Syria.

If this was not so tragic it would be comical.

We are being played like a fine fiddle.

Edited by Big Guy

The good news is that our bad enemy Assad has lost control of the Syrian province Idlib to insurgents. The bad news is that the insurgents are our really bad enemy Al Qaeda. Our coalition controls the airspace over Idlib so the bad guys from the Assad government could not use their airplanes against the really bad guys from Ai Qaeda.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/04/reports-syria-goverment-loses-stronghold-idlib-150425083733226.html

BTW - Our latest sortie has killed at least 52 innocent civilians in another part of Syria.

If this was not so tragic it would be comical.

We are being played like a fine fiddle.

We could do nothing and stand down. But what about the demands to rush in with aid from the inevitable "humanitarian crisis"?

• 2 weeks later...

Big Guy it is a civil war(kind of), but one perpetuated by the West and the East backing one side in the conflict. So, it's more of another proxy war via a proxy army.

It is really serious when both sides are ignoring national boundaries and sovereignty. Are we officially at war with Syria? Does bombing in Syria violate some international agreements the perpetrators are ignoring? Agreements both sides had a part in setting up to begin with? What is really going on here?

How efficient was the raid really? How many others were killed in that incident? What is the acceptable death ratio of innocents to terrorists for a mission to be classified as a success?

Edited by GostHacked

Do not get me wrong. This situation is an abomination. It is also the first example of American "BOOTS ON THE GROUND" in Syria. I am trying to be honest in coverage of what is happening on the ground. I have noticed that the American networks are really playing up this raid and I assume that it helps to bury the disconcerting news for the West that Isis is close to taking Ramadi - only 65 miles from Baghdad.

Score one for the "bad" guys.