War Against ISIL

Big Guy

Maybe you should try reading your own sources .....

"They’re not going to be leading the fight on the ground, but they will be essential in providing the training and assisting local forces that continue to drive ISIL back."

The president will deploy an additional 250 Special Operations Forces to Syria to assist local forces in their fight against ISIS. This adds to the 50 personnel aiding fighters in Syria, bringing the total number of US troops in the country to 300.

No where does it say they will to fight ISIS.......

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like in Vietnam, Iraq peace keeping, Canadian Kandahar Provincial Reconstruction Teams (KPRT's) etc? Mission creep !!!!

What business has the USA or any other country (except for Russia because they were requested in) have putting troops on Syrian soil. Syria is still a sovereign nation last time I looked.

And if you believe what you are told about military deployment by current military and political leaders then I can understand your position. I believe neither. I remember how Canada's beneficial KPRT mission ended up in bloody war.

Oh - And I do read my own sources and have an opinion based on the credibility of who the source is reporting on.

Edited by Big Guy

That is your whole problem, failure to fully understand the info presented to you....and to make up for this shortfall you fill in the blanks with your own twisted opinion to try and present some head lines that are false...

Such as your opinion on Canada's PRT mission....to send 300 non combative soldiers into the Taliban heart land would have been a suicide mission , the Battle group that was sent along with that mission was for their protection, one can not start the rebuilding process unless the bad guys combat power has been minimized....It was part of the mission from day one.....but some how you twisted it to be mission creep.....Because it sells your position in a better light....

You say you remember the PRT mission can you name 4 projects that they completed.....can you remember the cost in life's of those projects, and what did they provide the Afghan people.....

Same as this article your make a lot of assumptions and fill in the blanks......The US mission is the same one Canada has signed onto.....and those trainers are in Iraq....not Syria, but it sounds much better when you make shit up.....

That is your whole problem, failure to fully understand the info presented to you.

Same as this article your make a lot of assumptions and fill in the blanks......The US mission is the same one Canada has signed onto.....and those trainers are in Iraq....not Syria, but it sounds much better when you make shit up.....

You believe what you want to believe. I believe what I read, what has been cross referenced and verified to my standards. I have no desire to or interest in trying to change your mind. History has a way of filtering out crap that is mixed in, in an attempt to spin defeat into victory. We did wonderful things in Afghanistan, just look at the results!

If you feel it is a positive that a nation is told it is sending in a provincial reconstruction team and ends up with 160 deaths, $billions of wasted dollars , thousands of innocents killed then that is your view. It certainly is not mine. You go ahead and re-fight that Afghanistan war in your mind and come out a winner. I am not interested in revisionism of a debacle.

As to understanding, I agree that I do not understand how anyone could see the past through your eyes. But then again, if I thought that you had "twisted opinions" and made "shit up" I would not only ignore your views but certainly not waste my time in commenting on them. I guess we differ in more than one respect.

Hey your entitled to an opinion , that is not my issue with you....my issue is when you make shit up to suit your argument or talking point.....you can't post shit with the intention of selling others to your ideas....... and have nobody call you on it.....you want to present facts then fine...do it....but when you post shit, prepare to swallow....

Hey your entitled to an opinion , that is not my issue with you....my issue is when you make shit up to suit your argument or talking point.....you can't post shit with the intention of selling others to your ideas....... and have nobody call you on it.....you want to present facts then fine...do it....but when you post shit, prepare to swallow....

Thank you for your candor. You have crossed the line into being rude. I no longer have interest in your views. One could say I no longer give a sh*t.

Goodbye.

Looks like the USA escalation in Syria is based on American frustration with Turkey and an attempt to elbow out the Russians in their quest to befriend the Turks.

http://video.aljazeera.com/channels/eng/videos/expert-analyses-obamas-decision-to-deploy-250-troops-to-syria/4862037573001

I wonder how the Turks are looking at the USA aiding their enemy.

But it is getting more and more difficult to figure out who are allies and who are enemies over there. I hope our troops do not find out the deadly way.

In order to stop the terrorism wars you first have to stop the rise of extremism. And unlike weepy lefty liberals the cause of extremism is not us, but the oil sheikdoms which fund it.

The export of Wahhabism by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and some other oil sheikdoms is the source of modern Islamist terror. From Africa to Asia and now Europe, Arabian petrodollars have played a key role in fomenting militant Islamic fundamentalism that targets the West, Israel and India as its enemies.

Since the oil-price boom of the 1970s, Saudi Arabia has spent more than $200-billion on its global jihad project, including funding Wahhabi madrassas, mosques, clerics and books. Wahhabism legitimizes violentjihad with its call for a war on “infidels.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/how-to-shut-down-the-jihad-factories/article29452621/

However, Saudi Arabia had very close ties with some western nations. Until those western nations take Saudi Arabia to task, this will be ongoing.

So why wont those nations take Saudi Arabia to task?

However, Saudi Arabia had very close ties with some western nations. Until those western nations take Saudi Arabia to task, this will be ongoing.

So why wont those nations take Saudi Arabia to task?

Because we hate walking.

Thank you for your candor. You have crossed the line into being rude. I no longer have interest in your views. One could say I no longer give a sh*t.

Goodbye.

I would explain the above response Army Guy where Big Guy refuses to debate with you described as follows:

source: http://www.winning-teams.com/narcissism_control.html

" The narcissistic personality manifests itself in the narcissist's behavior. He (or she) will seek to dominate every individual and every group with which he interacts. The narcissistic personality and its obsessive desire for control is not about control just for control's sake, but an essential defense against the risk of receiving a narcissistic injury; a blow to the ego or self-esteem.

Narcissism is almost entirely about gaining control over others, as is codependent behavior. Narcissistic behavior is most probably a reaction to an adolescence completely dominated by a narcissistic and/or codependent parent (or parents), controlled in all aspects of his young adult life, in a period when he needed to be allowed to develop control over his own life. Healthy parenting involves reprimanding their children so that they know where the boundaries lie, whereas narcissistic parenting involves the parent(s) establishing complete emotional control over their offspring.

The narcissist lives in fear of losing control. He sees other people in his environment - at home, at work, friends, relatives and neighbors - as extensions to himself. He sees himself at the center of the world, the controller, an idol to be adored and admired; in his mind this makes it acceptable for him to abuse others - he continually tries to rearrange the 'significant others' in his life to look towards him, and admire him. "

and in specific regards to fleeing from your comments:

http://personalexcellence.co/blog/escapism/

"It is important to understand that escapism is a form of defense mechanism. It occurs as a product of you trying to protect yourself from something. Specifically, your ego trying to protect yourself.

Except it really isn’t (protecting you from anything, that is).

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that avoidance does not solve anything. The proverb, Ignorance Is Bliss, is probably one of the single most deluded proverbs of all time. If there is an issue you are facing with, that issue doesn’t disappear by avoiding it. It’s still there; it always will be until you face it. It’s like an ostrich burying its head in the sand – Just because you are turning your head away from everything else and pretending everything is okay, does not mean it is okay."

Big Guy its your choice to hide from Army or debate with integrity but your petulant response is loud.

Just once transcend your narcissistic defect and try debat.

Edited by Rue

It appears that Big Guy is on the philosophical and factual flip side of the Argus/Rue consortium.

Big Guy is very, very comfortable in that position and thanks both Argus and Rue for their assistance.

"“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt

It appears that Big Guy is on the philosophical and factual flip side of the Argus/Rue consortium.

Big Guy is very, very comfortable in that position and thanks both Argus and Rue for their assistance.

"“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Is that what you call it philosophical and factual flip side, with some sort of conspiracy that Angus and Rue have cooked up...You give yourself to much credit sir......Perhaps, maybe,readers are just tired of your lack of reading comprehension or understanding of the topic at hand, like trying to explain something to a 3 year old over and over again......there is no philosophical point in any of your remarks , unless you compare your self to some BC tree hugger .. there is very little "factual" anything in your posts, I was hoping it was your lack of reading comprehension, but you have changing the story lines and selling them as facts....here in New Brunswick we call it BS....In fact across most of the country it is called BS....You have not made any enemies here....just a few people who don't like the smell of BS....

Is that what you call it philosophical and factual flip side, with some sort of conspiracy that Angus and Rue have cooked up...You give yourself to much credit sir......Perhaps, maybe,readers are just tired of your lack of reading comprehension or understanding of the topic at hand, like trying to explain something to a 3 year old over and over again......there is no philosophical point in any of your remarks , unless you compare your self to some BC tree hugger .. there is very little "factual" anything in your posts, I was hoping it was your lack of reading comprehension, but you have changing the story lines and selling them as facts....here in New Brunswick we call it BS....In fact across most of the country it is called BS....You have not made any enemies here....just a few people who don't like the smell of BS....

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I accept your views in the spirit, civility and reality of your thinking.

I do not believe that Argus and Rue have "cooked up a conspiracy" nor would care if they did. From what I have read, neither has the capacity to agree with anyone else to form a common bond that is required to create a "conspiracy." I believe that they share a common view, a common method of communication of their views and a very apparent dislike for what Big Guy has to say. Big Guy is very comfortable to be viewed through their particular partisan prisms.

"... maybe,readers are just tired of your lack of reading comprehension or understanding of the topic at hand" - I did not realize that you have been elected or appointed as a spokesman for other posters here (especially since you were not even mentioned in the post that you referenced) but I accept your leadership.

I intend to continue to post here and spend my limited and precious time that I have allocated to interacting in this medium.

I share your opinion that there is a lot of BS that is posted on this board. I have learned to ignore it and avoid the authors as a waste of time.

I would recommend that if you, and those whom you represent, consider what I post to be BS, then deal with it the way I deal with what I consider BS and those who post it -- ignore it.

If you do take my advice and ignore my BS (your term) postings then I will not hear from you again.

Thank you for taking the time for our previous communications and I wish you well for the future. It has been interesting.

Maybe you should try reading your own sources .....

"They’re not going to be leading the fight on the ground, but they will be essential in providing the training and assisting local forces that continue to drive ISIL back."

"At least 150 US soldiers have entered Kurdish-controlled territory in northeastern Syria, the government's official news agency has reported."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/syria-civil-war-150-soldiers-enter-kurdish-region-160428134351946.html

"The US has previously denied operating a base in Rmelan despite satellite imagery showing the expansion of an airstrip in the area.

US-backed Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) had previously said the the US had taken control of the disused airfield, just kilometres away from the Turkish and Iraqi borders.

Media activists said at the time said the YPG and its allies had handed over the base to the US so that it could provide air cover to Kurdish forces in their war against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group.

US troops have been stationed in neighbouring Iraq since 2014 where they are training Iraqi soldiers and Peshmerga to battle ISIL (also known as ISIS). Special forces soldiers from the US have also carried out a number of raids against ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq.

You believe your sources and I will believe my sources.

I guess it was inevitable that "action loving" cowboys would soon get involved in that murky war in the Middle East. No body knows who is on what side so a bunch of guys can get together, get some guns and jump into the game without any supervision, inspection, control or responsibility. They can kill at will and be responsible to no one:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/the-223-a-secretive-unit-of-international-veterans-went-on-its-first-mission-against-isil-last-november-hours-later-a-canadian-was-dead

As to why somebody who has seen action would want to go back, one of these folks said: "But adjusting to non-military life was a struggle. Adrenaline sports like skydiving and motorcycles couldn’t replace the thrill of Afghanistan. “You miss it,” he said. “You miss it so much.” The October 2014 attacks in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and Ottawa upset him deeply. Terrorists had killed two unarmed soldiers on Canadian soil."

So these "soldiers" who decide within themselves who the enemy is, what are the terms of engagement, what is an "acceptable" level of "collateral damage" (innocents killed by mistake) are fighting the good fight.

I can certainly sleep better knowing that there are self appointed mercenary killers in the Middle East showing the rest of the world just how much more civilized we are than those blood thirsty ISIS killers.

And if/when one whose background happens to be Canadian comes home in a body bag, we line Highway 401 to pay tribute.

I wonder what those Canadians currently in our armed forces think of this "elite" 223?

Edited by Big Guy

While Canada has decided to send ground troops into Iraq and Syria to fight ISIS and support that phony, American created puppet government in Iraq, that government is starting to tear itself apart:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/protesters-storm-baghdad-green-zone-parliament-160430120004964.html

Get our troops the hell out of there and out of that civil war. Those Iraqi folks on the ground have no idea of who the good guys and the bad guys are and we are in there without a clue who we are supporting!

Get our troops out now !!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - Some of my readers have commented that my sources are prejudiced towards my views and appear to be prepared to comment without researching other sources. Perhaps references from the Associated Press will satisfy their concerns. Perhaps not.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_IRAQ?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-30-14-08-45

Edited by Big Guy

• 3 weeks later...

ISIL is a Sunni organization which currently holds, controls and governs Sunni populated areas. During their initial offensive they did expand into Shia areas in both Iraq and Syria. The Kurds have managed to push them off the Shia lands and now ISIL has backed into Sunni land.

The Kurds appear to be the only ground troops (except for the thousands of American trainers - remember Vietnam?) and have done the heavy lifting. This civil war between Shiites and Sunnis is ready to explode and escalate. Russia also has thousands of troops there who are fighting along side Assad troops against ISIL (and Syrian rebels) and buzzing the Kurds. Turkey considers the Kurds as terrorists and are fighting them and ISIL. That fiasco and killing ground is not getting any clearer with fighting beginning to escalate.

Canadian troops are in there somewhere doping something for somebody.

Time for Canadians to come home and wait to see who are friends and enemies are supposed to be.