This week in Islam

kimmy

6 hours ago, Goddess said:

I don't agree with everything the Dog posts, but I've never gotten the impression that he is saying all Muslims everywhere are terrorists.  

I think you both agree that not all Muslims are terrorists, the only difference is he believes there are more than the handful you assert.  You both agree that the bombings, terrorism and killings are wrong.  The only difference is he asserts it is mainly Muslims doing it right now and you assert it is mainly Christians.  You both agree that some things need to change in the Muslim religion, the difference is he feels there is a problem with Islam right now and you assert there is no problem.

What he's saying is that every Muslim is a bad one. Every single one of them.

14 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Come on Godess. That's exactly what he's insinuating along with many others.  Including you. 

I'm using Islam's own words. Sorry if it offends you.

Edited by DogOnPorch

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

https://quran.com/

My source

Nutty right wing website - your source. 

Given this violent legacy, religion historian Philip Jenkins decided to compare the brutality quotient of the Quran and the Bible.

Defense Vs. Total Annihilation

"Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible," Jenkins says.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124494788

Just now, hot enough said:

You're free to believe that you possess a degree of scholarship that is obviously far beyond you. Just your rank partisan nature completely wipes you off the board as any sort of objective viewer. 

Says the Troother.

:lol:

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

I agree, which is why I said, "This is a discussion site." Perhaps I should have said, This IS a discussion site. Fire away. 

I had exactly the same problem a few days ago in a status update.  I had to show the emphasis too.

Just now, hot enough said:

More indication of your scholarship, Dop. Keep up the good work. 

Why didn't you reply to the scholar I quoted that has found that the bible is much more violent than the Quran?

Ah, expert opinions. Where would we be without them?

You're always free to post what you find GOOD about the Quran/Islam.

1 hour ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Made my point.  UK had appropriate response.  Not hysteria.

....when did England become part of North America though?  We living in Pangea?

That's why I said "in the UK", because I knew you might try to do a silly little dodge like that. Good argument- the UK is not North America, so that makes the situation irrelevant, hey? I suppose you would like to wait until similar events happen here, as if Islamacists wouldn't jump at the first chance to do it, as if they haven't tried already.

Any rate these are the kind of people they want to kill, ordinary people, even children to increase the level of "terror" in the minds of the public. It happens whenever there's a terrorist attack somewhere in the West, in nations that are similar to us and are threatened by Islamic terror, just as we are. They pledge to kill large numbers of anonymous persons, and give their own lives while doing it. This is done by affiliated groups who are networked around the world. You didn't answer the question, what other killings make these terror attacks insignificant in your view?