This week in Islam

kimmy

6 minutes ago, kactus said:

Are you serious?

have you read the commentaries by DOP, Goh Shenas, Taxme and a few others and their views? Do you really think the refrence is only some mulims not all??

As I said, I either respond or I don't respond to  comments I don't agree with.

But I will not be dictated to by you (general MLW forum poster "you") or Dialamah, about what I do or do not respond to.

Y'all can judge me and name-call me all you want.   The only thing I'm serious about - is that I seriously don't care how you or Dialamah judge me, based on some comments on a few topics on an internet forum.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kactus said:

That was just a hypothetical question.

I just wanted to illustrate that some bad things that has happened recently in Manchester seems to be blamed on all muslims who follow islam. Now if you are a muslim regardless if you are moderate or not you would get told off....

I just gave that example to put myself in tgeir shoes with the kind of abuse tgey would have to endure. That's all...

The thing is, there is a punishment for leaving Islam.  It can be quite bad, depending on who gets to decide your fate.

I agree with you that no-one who does not deserve blame should receive such, but given that, and the fact that blame can be difficult to apportion when a person's views are not known, it should be generally understood that any villification of Islam and Muslims is aimed at those who deserve it.

11 minutes ago, kactus said:

I just wanted to illustrate that some bad things that has happened recently in Manchester seems to be blamed on all muslims who follow islam.

Maybe I'm not reading the right news streams, but I didn't see it being blamed on "all" Muslims anywhere.  In fact, most news items stated that specifically - that not all Muslims should be blamed.  One news item showed how Manchester had affected Muslim children and one school brought all the children down to the memorial.

Don't know what you're seeing in the news....

**shrugs**

Edited by Goddess

Just now, kactus said:

I have just read the definition you have posted in that wiki and in my mind there is nothing that tells me anything is wrong...

I fully expect you to lie for your Islam.

Post a peaceful bit you admire. There's even a thread...

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

But I will not be dictated to by you (general MLW forum poster "you") or Dialamah, about what I do or do not respond to.

Y'all can judge me and name-call me all you want.   The only thing I'm serious about - is that I seriously don't care how you or Dialamah judge me, based on some comments on a few topics on an internet forum.  

Dictating is a strong word and I don't think it has ever been the intention for me to tell you how to think. So not sure where that us coming from!?

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Maybe I'm not reading the right news streams, but I didn't see it being blamed on "all" Muslims anywhere.  In fact, most news items stated that specifically - that not all Muslims should be blamed.

...and isn't THAT getting tiresome after what? 30,000 or so terrorist attacks by Islamists (whatever the f*** that means) since Sept 2001.. 

Edited by DogOnPorch

Just now, kactus said:

Dictating is a strong word and I don't think it has ever been the intention for me to tell you how to think. So not sure where that us coming from!?

1 minute ago, kactus said:

But I will not be dictated to by you (general MLW forum poster "you")

Note my words.  I have no issues with you, Kactus.

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Maybe I'm not reading the right news streams, but I didn't see it being blamed on "all" Muslims anywhere.  In fact, most news items stated that specifically - that not all Muslims should be blamed.  One news item showed how Manchester had affected Muslim children and one school brought all the children down to the memorial.

Don't know what you're seeing in the news....

**shrugs**

It is not so much the news but the way certain MLW forum members "interpreting" the news....

*shrugs*

2 minutes ago, kactus said:

It is not so much the news but the way certain MLW forum members "interpreting" the news....

*shrugs*

Oh dear...do you mean portraying Islam as a violent cult of death obsessed with the Infidel?

Wherever would anyone get that idea?

Edited by DogOnPorch

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You have not read the Quran.

Understood.

Symbolic and allegorical language can, and has been, interpreted in many different ways. If you have actually read anything, and then wish to assume there is only one way to interpret it, you only demonstrate your narrow mindedness.

Just now, Omni said:

Symbolic and allegorical language can, and has been, interpreted in many different ways. If you have actually read anything, and then wish to assume there is only one way to interpret it, you only demonstrate your narrow mindedness.

You haven't read the Quran but know what it preaches.

Understood.

16 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

The thing is, there is a punishment for leaving Islam.  It can be quite bad, depending on who gets to decide your fate.

I agree with you that no-one who does not deserve blame should receive such, but given that, and the fact that blame can be difficult to apportion when a person's views are not known, it should be generally understood that any villification of Islam and Muslims is aimed at those who deserve it.

Under Sharia, it is DEATH.

Pretty simple...and compelling.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It is this bit that made me think you are referring only to me and Dialamah.

Anyway glad to have sorted out the misunderstanding....

• Like 1