This week in Islam

kimmy

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Gee...it is death if I leave Islam...and it is death if I am kafir infidel.

Is it death for illegal parking too ?

Islam has death on the menu for many things.

Fasad is the catch all...(mischief making against Islam) illegal parking as an infidel might indeed constitute fasad.

Fasad is punishable by death.

:D

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Naw, been there.

So you've read the Quran and lied about it. This is permissible in Islam as part of taqqiya and kitman.  The Quran has several verses dictating exactly how to do this and when. More a Shia tradition due to their Apostate status among Sunni believers. But both sects have found its uses in the modern world of lying to Westerners.

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

If we could all agree on this point, I think a lot of arguments would be eliminated on MLW.  :)

Islam has had OVER a decade to get its radicals under control. They said "no thanks, we'll keep them..."

Just now, Omni said:

You actually do eh? well you're free to expect all you like.Including a lot of push back on your xenophobic blather.

Xenophon had good reasons to distrust anything coming out of Persia.

13 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam has had OVER a decade to get its radicals under control. They said "no thanks, we'll keep them..."

I do agree that the religion is not/has not done enough to get this under control.  It seems to me like the parent of a super bratty child who freaks out if anyone else says anything to the child, yet refuses to discipline them themselves.  Unfortunately, it's getting to the point where the rest of the world needs to step and in and deal with them.  Same with bratty children - eventually, they get out into the real world and it's becomes a really hard life for them because they are so offensive to others that they are avoided.

• Like 1

Let's see: the lexicon is getting exotic...

Racist!!!: Islam isn't a race.

Bigot!!!: Islam most certainly is.

Xenophobe!!!: as mentioned Xenophon had his reasons to be xenophobic about Persia...anybody know Greek history? The answer is there.

Islamophobe!!!: But can't point out the peaceful bits of Islam.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Let's see: the lexicon is getting exotic...

Racist!!!: Islam isn't a race.

Bigot!!!: Islam most certainly is.

Xenophobe!!!: as mentioned Xenophon had his reasons to be xenophobic about Persia...anybody know Greek history? The answer is there.

Islamophobe!!!: But can't point out the peaceful bits of Islam.

Here, read up a bit.

http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_1551_1600/quran_many_interpretations.htm

42 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

1.  Yes, really.  I do see a difference between those killed by accident in a genuine attempt to kill those who deserve killing, and those killed randomely for maximum outrage.

2.  I do agree that the course is set.  It's one of the reasons I pick sides.

1.  When Bush invaded Iraq, did those people 'need killing'?   When Saudi Arabia kills its own citizens or a few Yemenis with Canadian and US supplied weaponry, is it because those people 'need killing'?

2.  Yes, as odd as it may seem to some here I pick "our side" too, but that doesn't mean I must also believe our side's motivations are purer and so the collateral killing and maiming of innocent men, women and children is more acceptable.

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Your syndrome of blaming the victim suits you.

If DOP would just SUBMIT to your cult of Islam...there would be peace. No need for Jihadis to kill him and for you to "like" it.

Nah, you don't have to submit to Islam, all you'd have to do is give up the 'one true' extremist version of Islam you currently preach and start accepting that moderate and even progressive Islam is valid.  Then you could fight extremist Islam by preaching the moderate or even progressive interpretations.

Edited by dialamah

19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

1.  When Bush invaded Iraq, did those people 'need killing'?   When Saudi Arabia kills its own citizens or a few Yemenis with Canadian and US supplied weaponry, is it because those people 'need killing'?

2.  Yes, as odd as it may seem to some here I pick "our side" too, but that doesn't mean I must also believe our side's motivations are purer and so the collateral killing and maiming of innocent men, women and children is more acceptable.

Not all of them, no.  Still, given the situation we have now, I have no objection to any and all attempts to rid the planet of certain people.  It's always a shame when others have to go too, but it's always been that way.  The only thing one can do is try to avoid them.  As for the Saudis, I already stated my contempt for them.

I differ on the second point.  Our side's motivations are purer, as it's not possible to be less pure than theirs.  When the motivations are the basest and most vile, every way from there is up.  And as I explained earlier, i believe they are more acceptable.  That does not mean I celebrate them, of course.  I just make a distinction.

Edited by bcsapper

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Nah, you don't have to submit to Islam, all you'd have to do is give up the 'one true' extremist version of Islam you currently preach and start accepting that moderate and even progressive Islam is valid.  Then you could fight extremist Islam by preaching the moderate or even progressive interpretations.

Says the woman that "liked" the idea of me getting murdered by her Jihadi coreligionists. 

Pretty extreme there, dialamah.

Okay...you say this thing exists...moderate Islam. Point to it in your Quran for me, please.