Hey let's talk about the Leafs

Boges

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But a 25th first round pick is a 25th first round pick. Armia is one of the prospects and Lemieux is the other. Do you have specific information that they are questionable prospects or, like you would argue if it were the Leafs, do we have to wait a couple of years to see if they pan out?

But a 25th first round pick is a 25th first round pick. Armia is one of the prospects and Lemieux is the other. Do you have specific information that they are questionable prospects or, like you would argue if it were the Leafs, do we have to wait a couple of years to see if they pan out?

That pick ended up being Roslovic.so essentially Roslovic, Armia and Lemiuex for Kane. Jets win that trade.

That pick ended up being Roslovic.so essentially Roslovic, Armia and Lemiuex for Kane. Jets win that trade.

I kind of agree. I really like Roslovic. I was looking at him for the Leafs when they were still higher up in the standings.

They have Marner anyways in a few years so they have their own "patrick kane" so to speak in the system. They'll trade in Phanuef if not now then in the next year or two.

Marner, Nylander, and if they keep Kadri are 3 talented centres, if they play them all there.

When I heard that the Leafs had acquired Harrington, naturally I was hoping it was Kit Harrington.

UgOPh1z.gif

The trade is basically Phil Kessel and a 2nd round pick for Kasper Kapanen and a 1st round pick. The other parts of the trade aren't worth very much.

The pick Toronto gets will probably be in the last half of the first round, and the pick the Penguins get will probably be very early in the 2nd round, so the net effect of the swap of picks is to improve Toronto's 2nd pick by 10-15 places at next year's draft. And they have to pay $1.2 million of Kessel's contract every year.

I don't know much about Kasper Kapanen, but it doesn't seem like they got a whole lot in return for Kessel...

-k

Marner, Nylander, and if they keep Kadri are 3 talented centres, if they play them all there.

I think Marner will be a better winger for the leafs than Center. He just doesn't have NHL #1 Center size. That and he's a goal scorer so he fits that role better on the wing. Kadri is good but he seems to be more of a middle 6 Center to me. The leafs need to draft one of the big mobile centers available in next years draft. They should be trading Phanuef and stocking up on 1st round picks next year.

Auston Matthew is the best right now but that would require winning the lottery, one that really catches my eye is a kid named Logan Brown. 6'6, 216 lbs. He's fast, has a booming shot and smooth hands for a big boy. I expect his stock to rise by the draft next year though. The leafs should be aiming for him. In fact every team should be aiming for him. He has the upside of a Ryan Getzlaf, power forward #1 centerman.

• 3 weeks later...

Big news in Leafs Nation today! Lou Lamoriello stepped down as president of the New Jersey Devils to become the next general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs. He won't have the same control as he did in New Jersey but he'll have significant input and handle the day to day general manager duties. He'll also make a great person for some of the new and younger front office people to learn from like Kyle Dubas.

They now have an all star type front office with Shannahan, Lamoriello, Hunter, Babcock and Dubas.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They will never leave. I've never been able to figure out whether the Leafs have the best fans in the world, or just the dumbest.

both!

They just keep showing up and shelling out cash to the team despite their ineptitude... great fans!

They thought the problem was coaching - dumb fans.

Edited by The_Squid

They beat Dallas and they were within a couple of minutes from taking the Jets to overtime. They seem to run a tight defensive system that is working. I hate the Leafs but I think they're getting better under Babcock. They just need more firepower. I wonder if the fans watching Nik Ehlers last night realize they could have had him instead of William Nylander.

Edited by BubberMiley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...