Taylor Swift Derangement Syndrome

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Well then...lets wait and see if she does anything.

I hope she does if only to PROVE YOUR STUPID PREDICTIONS WRONG AGAIN.

For every tween's daddy who likes Trump, there are probably at least 10 moms who are royally pissed about their rights being trampled by the orange misogynist .

Edited by robosmith

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Has not to do with her being a woman, but some people try to use these remarks to paint conservatives as misogynist. It's a cheap tactic. Conservatives love their daughters too.

I doubt anyone would have said much of a bad word had she not chosen to use her celebrity to air political views against Don Trump. Once you do that you have entered the fracas, and are fair game I would say. Whatever is or isn't dangling between your legs, 'irregardless'.  ;)

What is Trump if not a lightweight celebrity? He's not a thinker or a politician. Just a guy with an insatiable ego who was looking for the next fix after hosting a reality TV show. 

Maybe he should shut up and pretend to be a successful businessman on TV?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Hodad said:

What is Trump if not a lightweight celebrity? He's not a thinker or a politician. Just a guy with an insatiable ego who was looking for the next fix after hosting a reality TV show. 

Maybe he should shut up and pretend to be a successful businessman on TV?

You are confused and getting things mixed up in attempt to judge them by comparison. 

The way I see it, Trump chooses to say whatever he wants and people are going to react in kind. The same goes for anyone else. No one gets a pass just because they're a woman. If Swift wants to enter the political arena, her ass becomes fair game.

Live by the sword... etc.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

You are confused and getting things mixed up in attempt to judge them by comparison. 

The way I see it, Trump chooses to say whatever he wants and people are going to react in kind. The same goes for anyone else. No one gets a pass just because they're a woman. If Swift wants to enter the political arena, her ass becomes fair game.

So you believe Swift deserves the death threats from the MAGA CULT that are common when Trump attacks people who oppose him, just for endorsing his opponent?

That doesn't seem REMOTELY FAIR. In fact it would be another case of Trump inciting VIOLENCE for political advantage. 🤮

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

No one anywhere "gets a pass." But the silly--and common--refrains like "shut up and dribble" or "shut up and sing" that are often leveled at celebrities are just saturated with irony. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hodad said:

No one anywhere "gets a pass." But the silly--and common--refrains like "shut up and dribble" or "shut up and sing" that are often leveled at celebrities are just saturated with irony. 

It's good advice actually, unless they don't mind alienating 50% of the population and hearing complaints. 

My preference is to keep politics in a bottle. Do not make the arts and sports political. 

I've said this before, politics pervading every aspect of society, sports, arts, theatre, is a form of totalitarianism.

And that has nothing to do with your party preference.

20 hours ago, Aristides said:

Everything is political now. You can't have a discussion on anything before someone eventually makes it political.

Celebrities should be able to express themselves as they see fit like anyone else. 

Exactly. A truck driver from Manitoba (or whatever) feels perfectly qualified and comfortable holding forth on US political and social issues, but will turn around in the next breath and say that a star athlete should "shut up and dribble."

20 hours ago, Aristides said:

Everything is political now. You can't have a discussion on anything before someone eventually makes it political.

Celebrities should be able to express themselves as they see fit like anyone else. 

You made two conflicting statements in a row. On the one hand, everything is politicized now. Next, it's ok for celebs to join in the fun.

There are plenty of people who want to keep politics out of the dialogue when it comes to sports and the arts. We don't need to have divisive conversations about things that can't be resolved. Some would rather just enjoy the football match, not talk about political conflicts all the time.

A celebrity has millions of followers. It's not like when you and me make a statement. Yes they can still express themselves, it's a free country, but then they open themselves up to the same level of criticism as anyone else. Can't have it both ways. I don't see why you have a problem with that. Other than, you are politicized about everything as well and showing your bias in protecting her.

At the NHL all star game one of the anthem singers wore a palestinian cardigan. It turns out she had been making anti-Israeli statement on her public media since the attack in October. Even going so far as to say Jewish people should "stay the f*ck at home". I guess to you that's simply 'expressing her views.' How many Jewish people were in the arena attending, and why was that necessary? I don't see why you don't have a problem with that. But again, because you are politicized about everything as well and showing your bias. It's all good, as long as they're singing the song the way you like.

Don't forget to polish your halo today. Oh and maybe read a book once in a while, that would probably be a good idea in your case. Learn some history,

Why shouldn’t celebs join the fun?  
Kelce isn’t making any statements, it’s his girlfriend. 
How the hell does her being there ruin a game for you? What exactly is she doing other than being there and cheering for her boyfriend? Is she mouthing off to reporters, holding up signs with Vote Biden? What? 

Do we ban all celebrities from attending sporting events if they have ever expressed a political opinion?

Or just ones you don’t like?

Edited by Aristides

37 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You made two conflicting statements in a row. On the one hand, everything is politicized now. Next, it's ok for celebs to join in the fun.

There are plenty of people who want to keep politics out of the dialogue when it comes to sports and the arts. We don't need to have divisive conversations about things that can't be resolved. Some would rather just enjoy the football match, not talk about political conflicts all the time.

A celebrity has millions of followers. It's not like when you and me make a statement. Yes they can still express themselves, it's a free country, but then they open themselves up to the same level of criticism as anyone else. Can't have it both ways. I don't see why you have a problem with that. Other than, you are politicized about everything as well and showing your bias in protecting her.

At the NHL all star game one of the anthem singers wore a palestinian cardigan. It turns out she had been making anti-Israeli statement on her public media since the attack in October. Even going so far as to say Jewish people should "stay the f*ck at home". I guess to you that's simply 'expressing her views.' How many Jewish people were in the arena attending, and why was that necessary? I don't see why you don't have a problem with that. But again, because you are politicized about everything as well and showing your bias. It's all good, as long as they're singing the song the way you like.

Don't forget to polish your halo today. Oh and maybe read a book once in a while, that would probably be a good idea in your case. Learn some history,

Because the comments I cited about Taylor Swift are utterly deranged. They aren’t criticisms of her, and they aren’t disagreements with her opinions. 

She comes to her boyfriend’s football games and gets on-camera for 20 seconds a game, and even people here claim they don’t want to watch football anymore… because the camera panned to the most famous celebrity of the year.  That’s deranged.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

Because the comments I cited about Taylor Swift are utterly deranged. They aren’t criticisms of her, and they aren’t disagreements with her opinions. 

She comes to her boyfriend’s football games and gets on-camera for 20 seconds a game, and even people here claim they don’t want to watch football anymore… because the camera panned to the most famous celebrity of the year.  That’s deranged.  

It’s nuts, she is the biggest star in the world right now. The same thing will happen whenever she shows up in public. It goes with the territory. She is no more qualified or less entitled to express political opinions than anyone else.

As far as the NHL Allstar game goes, I didn't see the anthems and had to do a search on it.  My question is why the NHL would even consider her to sing the anthem? If they don't address this,  it comes across as them making a statement.

Why don't you start a topic.

Taylor is at the games as a private citizen cheering for a team, she isn't singing the anthem or making a political statement while she is there.

Relax, she probably won't be at the SB, she has a conflicting concert in Japan.

Edited by Aristides

interesting how certain types who claim to be so masculine talk about Taylor Swift and not the game itself. As for the game.. I predict that SF wins 28-25. The reason being that KC's receiving corp outside of Travis Kelce is not up to the task. Mahomes is amazing but when snap after snap... he has to run or hold on to it for just one more second, the scripted plays will break down and you could see a few more sacks/incompletions. 

On 2/5/2024 at 8:35 AM, impartialobserver said:

interesting how certain types who claim to be so masculine talk about Taylor Swift and not the game itself. As for the game.. I predict that SF wins 28-25. The reason being that KC's receiving corp outside of Travis Kelce is not up to the task. Mahomes is amazing but when snap after snap... he has to run or hold on to it for just one more second, the scripted plays will break down and you could see a few more sacks/incompletions. 

Mahomes is like a young Doug Flutie. So hard to guard against when the chips are down. 

You have to be ready to defend the hand-off initially, then the receiving corps, and after all that you have to defend against the secondary running game. 

On 3rd down (the final down in CFL football) and long, Flutie ALWAYS ran the naked bootleg. It's not just me who knew it was coming, everyone did, but he always converted it anyways. He gets out to the wide side of the field and then the DBs have to either defend against the pass or the run, and there's no correct answer because once they commit he does the other thing. I swear to God he got 15 years every time he tried it against the Esks.

He really should have gotten his chance in the NFL. He was as good as Moon, or better.  

On 2/5/2024 at 1:15 PM, Hodad said:

I'm only watching if Swift makes it back from Japan.

“The Embassy of Japan in the United States is aware of recent media reports concerning the steps Taylor Swift will need to take to travel from Tokyo after her concert on February 10th to Las Vegas in time to watch the Kansas City Chiefs play in Super Bowl LVIII.”

“Despite the 12-hour flight and 17-hour time difference, the Embassy can confidently Speak Nowto say that if she departs Tokyo in the evening after her concert, she should comfortably arrive in Las Vegas before the Super Bowl begins,” the statement continued.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/japan-embassy-taylor-swift-tokyo-super-bowl-2024-las-vegas-1235813669/amp/

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Mahomes is like a young Doug Flutie. So hard to guard against when the chips are down. 

You have to be ready to defend the hand-off initially, then the receiving corps, and after all that you have to defend against the secondary running game. 

On 3rd down (the final down in CFL football) and long, Flutie ALWAYS ran the naked bootleg. It's not just me who knew it was coming, everyone did, but he always converted it anyways. He gets out to the wide side of the field and then the DBs have to either defend against the pass or the run, and there's no correct answer because once they commit he does the other thing. I swear to God he got 15 years every time he tried it against the Esks.

He really should have gotten his chance in the NFL. He was as good as Moon, or better.  

If Flutie played today, he would have got more of a chance. The league has seen the rise of the non-traditional QB. It was thought that you had to be 6'3", 230 lbs or so, and more of a pocket passer to succeed. Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson have proven that not to be the case. 

Mahomes can be beat.. The super bowl against TB shows it. I think that he is on track to be the GOAT but if you get pressure up the middle and the non-Kelce receivers do not get separation immediately, it can spell trouble. Mahomes can run but SF has the ultimate weapon in LB Fred Warner. As fast of an LB as the NFL has seen in decades. 

45 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

It was thought that you had to be 6'3", 230 lbs or so, and more of a pocket passer to succeed. 

I remember Flutie's quote being something like: "They don't even want to look at a 5"10 qb. They'd rather take a guy who's 6'5 and make him into a qb."