Taylor Swift Derangement Syndrome

37 minutes ago, Rebound said:

We were better off being locked down and stuck in our homes and 13% unemployment and a million dead.  Yeah, what a hoot!

Google it. 

Peabrain...The lockdowns and million dead happened under who's watch?

33 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Certainly not when the economy CRASHED in 2020 due to Trump's grossly incompetent management of the pandemic. 

Thanks for admitting you have NO IDEA. Just BULLSHIT.

ftfy....

LOL...is it that time of the month for you...Tweenkie-poo?

19 hours ago, Aristides said:

It's hilarious that the MAGA hats are terrified of a pop star and her 15 year old girl followers. My 10 year old grand daughter is scaring the shit out of them. 🤣

For sure. Anyone who teaches girls strength, independence and freedom will be a MAGA target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

I'm NOT INTERESTED in ANY FACTS. That's why I LIE ALL THE TIME.

ftfy, DELUSIONAL

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Peabrain...The lockdowns and million dead happened under who's watch?

Mostly in 2020 under Trump. Duh

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

LOL...is it that time of the month for you...Tweenkie-poo?

EVERY TIME of the month is good for telling you the TRUTH, gnat boy.

Unfortunately NOTHING penetrates your cognitive dissonance unless it comes from FOS LIES. 🤮

Edited by robosmith

9 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I don't see or hear 'fear' in it, although you keep pimping that line. Outrage, perhaps. Annoyance, sure.

Just like you are annoying, but only mildly so, when you stomp around these forums calling people hypocrits and such. But you're having fun right now so it's ok, right? 

The reality as far as I'm concerned is if a celebrity enters the political foray they are fair game for criticism. That could also mean financial backlash, for example at least some NFL fans are Trump supporters. Roughly 50%, I would guess. So those fans, while they may have like seeing her at the game events when it was all cute stuff might now be rather po'd at giving her air time.

That's pretty straightforward, isn't it?

As we saw with Bud Light, these people are getting upset when the product they enjoy becomes a political football instead.

Stick to singing and wiggling ass on stage, keep politics out of it, would be good advice.

Lest ye reap what ye've sown...   ;) 

The estimated value of Taylor Swift's involvement in the NFL is already over $300 million. The NFL would trade the knuckle draggers for a diversified audience any day. The long term value is off the charts.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Do people not remember Trump was president through most of COVID?  lol

1 minute ago, Hodad said:

The NFL would trade the knuckle draggers for a diversified audience any day.

Yes, they won’t alienate their fan base by embracing this concept, ala Bud Lime (or whatever the trans beer is), but they sure do love what Swift brings in terms of an increased audience!

”Shut up and sing” is still a conservative slogan when it comes to women entertainers.  

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

ftfy, DELUSIONAL

EVERY TIME of the month is good for telling you the TRUTH, gnat boy.

Unfortunately NOTHING penetrates your cognitive dissonance unless it comes from FOS LIES. 🤮

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/politifact/article/Fact-check-Have-there-been-more-U-S-COVID-16798210.php

You really are a goof.

31 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You're the goof who has QUOTED NOTHING from a paywall cite. Duh

And doesn't understand that number of deaths says NOTHING about the way a pandemic was MANAGED.

FAR EASIER to cut the SPREAD BEFORE it's already EVERYWHERE. Esp when right wingers are SPREADING LIES about masks and vaccinations.

Of course I don't expect YOU to understand the logic behind that. Just like WCM does NOT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You're the goof who has QUOTED NOTHING from a paywall cite. Duh

And doesn't understand that number of deaths says NOTHING about the way a pandemic was MANAGED.

FAR EASIER to cut the SPREAD BEFORE it's already EVERYWHERE. Esp when right wingers are SPREADING LIES about masks and vaccinations.

Of course I don't expect YOU to understand the logic behind that. Just like WCM does NOT.

Lol...you were wrong as usual...goofball.

4 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Well.. the NFL and the network partners are not going to quit putting Taylor Swift for 25 seconds to appease 20-pt IQ types that believe in conspiracy theories. Now.. read that again, 25 seconds out 210 minutes. 

And the ROI of that 25 seconds is enormous.

On 1/30/2024 at 4:00 PM, WestCanMan said:

I think 99% of the people who talk about Swift are just fed up that they can't watch Chiefs games without being bombarded with the Swift-Kelce storyline and constant shots of her in the luxury box.

They'd rather see highlights from other games or just hear more commentary on the actual game, get injured player updates, stats, trade rumours, predictions, etc, etc.

They want to be immersed in football for a few hrs, as usual, not watch something that looks like a livestream from Teenbeat Magazine. 

I get it from the NFL's perspective too. They know it's a ratings bonanza because all the diehard fans are still watching, plus Swift's legion of junkies. They are also getting exposure to hundreds of thousands of potential new fans, but let's be real, not even 1% of that group is gonna stick lol. 

Have you ever sat through a Chiefs game? Her seat’s inside an enclosed box and she gets little air time during the game. 

She’s great for the NFL, though.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Well.. the NFL and the network partners are not going to quit putting Taylor Swift for 25 seconds to appease 20-pt IQ types that believe in conspiracy theories. Now.. read that again, 25 seconds out 210 minutes. 

Is this number accurate?  Having watched lots of these games it seems so.

14 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

”Shut up and sing” is still a conservative slogan when it comes to women entertainers.  

Has not to do with her being a woman, but some people try to use these remarks to paint conservatives as misogynist. It's a cheap tactic. Conservatives love their daughters too.

I doubt anyone would have said much of a bad word had she not chosen to use her celebrity to air political views against Don Trump. Once you do that you have entered the fracas, and are fair game I would say. Whatever is or isn't dangling between your legs, 'irregardless'.  ;)

• Like 1

I'm gonna make a prediction. 

Taylor Swift is not stupid. She knew that weighing in on politics was gonna bring more focus on her. That's show biz folks. " No news is bad news." However...I predict that her popularity is going to suffer for this. Lots of mommy's and daddy's are going to disallow payment for their tweenie kids' Swift downloads and will not buy concert tickets for her shows.

Edited by Nationalist

47 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm gonna make a prediction. 

Taylor Swift is not stupid. She knew that weighing in on politics was gonna bring more focus on her. That's show biz folks. " No news is bad news." However...I predict that her popularity is going to suffer for this. Lots of mommy's and daddy's are going to disallow payment for their tweenie kids' Swift downloads and will not buy concert tickets for her shows.

She understands business, and to any business trying to attract a mass audience, you don’t want to be Democrat or Republican, because picking a side is bad for business.  

Look at any major brand, and they don’t want to be associated with a political party, and they certainly don’t publicize their associations. Exxon certainly funds Republicans, but they don’t brand it cause they want to sell gas to everybody.  I’m surprised that I have to point this out to you or anyone, but you used to work for the government, so maybe you don’t understand business. They teach us on Day One: Don’t bring up religion or politics with your customers, cause you never know what they’re thinking.  

There’s a video of Swift discussing this with her father. They clearly understood that any political involvement could only have negative repercussions for her.  

Edited by Rebound

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

She understands business, and to any business trying to attract a mass audience, you don’t want to be Democrat or Republican, because picking a side is bad for business.  

Look at any major brand, and they don’t want to be associated with a political party, and they certainly don’t publicize their associations. Exxon certainly funds Republicans, but they don’t brand it cause they want to sell gas to everybody.  

There’s a video of Swift discussing this with her father. They clearly understood that any political involvement could only have negative repercussions for her.  

So let her suffer. She's already rich. But like those before her...Madonna...Cher...this peabrain...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1742978/kathy-griffin-decapitated-trump-head-election/

She'll lose the one thing she craves most.

Her career as a star.

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So let her suffer. She's already rich. But like those before her...Madonna...Cher...this peabrain...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1742978/kathy-griffin-decapitated-trump-head-election/

Her career as a star.

Taylor Swift is more popular than Donald Trump or Joe Biden. She is the most popular performer in the world, and that’s saying a lot.  

I have absolutely no idea if she will endorse Biden, or if she’ll campaign for him.  But there’s a reason why the MAGAverse is already freaking out over her and creating conspiracy theories about Taylor Swift, the NFL, the government and the aliens from youranus.  She is a potential threat to Donald Trump. I think it’s a foolish move to attack her before she does anything, because if the attacks cost her the MAGA fan base and record sales, then supporting Biden strongly can only help her. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

Taylor Swift is more popular than Donald Trump or Joe Biden. She is the most popular performer in the world, and that’s saying a lot.  

I have absolutely no idea if she will endorse Biden, or if she’ll campaign for him.  But there’s a reason why the MAGAverse is already freaking out over her and creating conspiracy theories about Taylor Swift, the NFL, the government and the aliens from youranus.  She is a potential threat to Donald Trump. I think it’s a foolish move to attack her before she does anything, because if the attacks cost her the MAGA fan base and record sales, then supporting Biden strongly can only help her. 

Well then...lets wait and see if she does anything.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Her career as a star.

Peabrain? Are you a self made billionaire?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Is Taylor Swift not allowed to have political opinions? If so, that is very un-democratic. 

On the other hand, if we did some kind of prisoner swap, wherein she shuts up in exchange for Alex Jones having his mouth taped up. I think that would be an agreeable arrangement.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

On the other hand, if we did some kind of prisoner swap, wherein she shuts up in exchange for Alex Jones having his mouth taped up. I think that would be an agreeable arrangement.

That's not even close to a reasonable swap. Swift's fanbase is at least a order magnitude greater than lDIOT Jones'.