Why we need a values test for immigrants.

That we don't have one is because the elites long ago decided it was sinful to think our society, our culture, and values, were in any way superior to anyone else out there. That's what's behind the whole idea of multiculturalism, of telling immigrants not to bother changing or integrating but to retain and take pride in their homegrown culture and values. The problem with this silly-assed view is it has no resemblance to reality. It's the view of the elites who jet around the world but only stay in 5-star hotels, and so airily talk about how we're all equal. But we're not. The demonstrations in the streets should tell us that. Our belief in tolerance is not the general belief out there. Even what we consider bigotry or racism is laughably minor compared to the bigotry and racism that is mainstream in most of the countries that are our major sources of immigrants. The spirit of compromise is another strong Canadian cultural trait that many parts of the world don't have in their cultural fabric at all. In much of the world it's "I win, you lose" as much as possible. Between individuals and between groups. 

And the huge numbers of people coming here are coming from countries whose cultures are incredibly corrupt from top to bottom and everywhere in between. That's not something we really want or need to import either.

Look at this story. This demonstrates the degree of blithe, unreasoning hatred for Jews in the Arab world, and the near complete lack of concern for what we in the West would consider civilized behavior. I know there are people here who hate to generalize on an entire people, and I'm sure there are Muslims out there in the wide world who don't hate Jews, but they appear to be a distinct minority. And even the ones not much inclined to rape and murder them seem to be comfortable with applauding those who do. And if you think the survey would be much different if it asked people in Pakistan or Indonesia or Malaysia, well, I have my doubts.

So thanks, but no thanks. I don't want these people in my country. And I don't care if screening would fail to get many. It would get most. These are not terribly sophisticated people. And that's the beauty of it. The more sophisticated you are the less likely you'd be to have the kind of mentality we don't want.

A recent survey of 8,000 Arabs across 16 Middle East and North African nations, including Jordan, showed overwhelming support for Hamas’s Oct. 7 massacre. Around two-thirds of respondents said the terror attacks in southern Israel were a “legitimate resistance operation”; 19% said that the massacre was a “somewhat flawed but legitimate resistance operation.”

4 hours ago, I am Groot said:

That we don't have one is because the elites long ago decided it was sinful to think our society, our culture, and values, were in any way superior to anyone else out there. That's what's behind the whole idea of multiculturalism, of telling immigrants not to bother changing or integrating but to retain and take pride in their homegrown culture and values. The problem with this silly-assed view is it has no resemblance to reality. It's the view of the elites who jet around the world but only stay in 5-star hotels, and so airily talk about how we're all equal. But we're not. The demonstrations in the streets should tell us that. Our belief in tolerance is not the general belief out there. Even what we consider bigotry or racism is laughably minor compared to the bigotry and racism that is mainstream in most of the countries that are our major sources of immigrants. The spirit of compromise is another strong Canadian cultural trait that many parts of the world don't have in their cultural fabric at all. In much of the world it's "I win, you lose" as much as possible. Between individuals and between groups. 

And the huge numbers of people coming here are coming from countries whose cultures are incredibly corrupt from top to bottom and everywhere in between. That's not something we really want or need to import either.

Look at this story. This demonstrates the degree of blithe, unreasoning hatred for Jews in the Arab world, and the near complete lack of concern for what we in the West would consider civilized behavior. I know there are people here who hate to generalize on an entire people, and I'm sure there are Muslims out there in the wide world who don't hate Jews, but they appear to be a distinct minority. And even the ones not much inclined to rape and murder them seem to be comfortable with applauding those who do. And if you think the survey would be much different if it asked people in Pakistan or Indonesia or Malaysia, well, I have my doubts.

So thanks, but no thanks. I don't want these people in my country. And I don't care if screening would fail to get many. It would get most. These are not terribly sophisticated people. And that's the beauty of it. The more sophisticated you are the less likely you'd be to have the kind of mentality we don't want.

A recent survey of 8,000 Arabs across 16 Middle East and North African nations, including Jordan, showed overwhelming support for Hamas’s Oct. 7 massacre. Around two-thirds of respondents said the terror attacks in southern Israel were a “legitimate resistance operation”; 19% said that the massacre was a “somewhat flawed but legitimate resistance operation.”

Wouldnt' they just say what we wanted to hear pretty quickly tho?

41 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Wouldnt' they just say what we wanted to hear pretty quickly tho?

No. That's not how these screening tests work. Haven't you ever done one for a major company? They ask you a bunch of questions that lead in certain directions but reveal a lot about your personality, interests, and temperament. And the idea these people are so clever and will disguise themselves fails given how easily they lose out in other jurisdictions. Some of them just by refusing to shake hands with a person of the opposite sex.

Or we could just give potential immigrants from certain parts of the world a far lower priority than from other parts of the world. That's a blunter tool but it would help a lot.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Thanks 1

there is only one values test, regardless of where you were born

are you fiercely loyal to Regiment, Colours, Commander-in-Chief

in defence of the British Crown in North America

unto death as necessary

will you go over the top when the whistle blows, with the brothers to the left & right of you

for God, King & Country ?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

there is only one values test, regardless of where you were born

are you fiercely loyal to Regiment, Colours, Commander-in-Chief

in defence of the British Crown in North America

Absolutely! But I hate Jews and homos and all infidels who don't worship God as I do and want them to DIE!  I hate their guts and everything about their lack of morals and their filthy whore women who are only fit to be raped and used by godly men like me! I also have no intention of getting a job since your degenerate society will pay me money to stay home and have many children I will teach to believe as I do in the new world Caliphate where all who think and worship differently will be executed!

Where's my passport, you infidel swine!? 

12 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Absolutely! But I hate Jews and homos and all infidels who don't worship God as I do and want them to DIE!  I hate their guts and everything about their lack of morals and their filthy whore women who are only fit to be raped and used by godly men like me! I also have no intention of getting a job since your degenerate society will pay me money to stay home and have many children I will teach to believe as I do in the new world Caliphate where all who think and worship differently will be executed!

foreign funded Islamofascist infiltrators notwithstanding

the vast majority of that is emanating from Canada

because that is what is being taught at Canadian universities

the immigrant children don't believe in that, until they are indoctrinated into it by Canadian academics

17 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Ah! You're from Surrey then.  Welcome!

Canada is the Wokest state on earth

Canada is the leading source of this virulent anti-Western dogma

Canada is the cause

the immigrants don't even know about this lunacy

until they arrive in Canada to be indoctrinated by the native born

Canada is the Communist sh*thole now

the vast majority of immigrants are bewildered as to why Canadians have gone completely insane

I'm pretty sure that Trudeau was born here, albeit to a Cuban dictator papa. In any event, Trudeau's birth and rearing obviously didn't instill any sense of patriotism or respect of Canadian culture in him. https://torontosun.com/2016/09/14/trudeau-says-canada-has-no-core-identity

“There is no core identity, no mainstream in Canada,” Trudeau said, concluding that he sees Canada as “the first post-national state.”

If our own PM doesn't like our culture, why would our gov't require it of newcomers? 

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If our own PM doesn't like our culture, why would our gov't require it of newcomers? 

I was raised in this Woke milieu, same as Justin was, way back in the 1970's

it didn't come from immigrants

it comes from died in the wool Canadian College Campus Commies, like my own mother in fact

and my family were immigrants to Canada, in 1757

when we conquered it,  during the Seven Years War

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada is the Wokest state on earth

Canada is the leading source of this virulent anti-Western dogma

Canada is the cause

the immigrants don't even know about this lunacy

until they arrive in Canada to be indoctrinated by the native born

Canada is the Communist sh*thole now

the vast majority of immigrants are bewildered as to why Canadians have gone completely insane

Yes this is what fascinates me as someone who is also British: How did the English in Canada become the most self-effacing ethnic group in Canada?  Where Muslims here are having large families and asserting their religious rights and traditions, which I actually understand, Anglo Canada renounced its Anglican faith, took its prayer out of schools, and encouraged other groups to express their cultures.  The cultural mosaic has left us with siloed cultures that put the country of origin first in a hyphenated identity that puts Canada last: Italian-Canadian, etc.

Also, Canada has embraced radical progressivism to the point of self-destruction.  That’s why every radical fringe identity group is getting government funding and amplifying causes that are dubious at best, whether it’s the anti-Semitic rallies in universities or the alternative sexual lifestyle and identity movements that have hijacked our education systems.

The reality is that eventually, after all the disappointments of modernism, nihilism, and Marxism are suffered by the younger generations, people will flock to strong guides and mentors.  Who will they be, priests, Imams, diversity officers?  Even the Pope is woke.  We’re in pretty uncharted territory.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes this is what fascinates me as someone who is also British: How did the English in Canada become the most self-effacing ethnic group in Canada? 

well, you Jacobites will be pleased to know that it is the fault of us Protestants

this is hyper Protestant puritanism run amok

tho it actually originates in America, with the Second Great Awakening of 1820

it came to Canada by way of the Evangeline Trail in Nova Scotia

somewhere between my devout Baptist grandparents and my Neo Marxist mother, the abomination was born

thankfully, I was indoctrinated by my grandparents, subtly, in defiance of my mother's will

to be saved from this self immolation by the Nazarene

and the most important lesson therein was this : you are not the Messiah

that is the saving grace

because the root of all the totalitarian moral panic is a messianic complex

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Also, Canada has embraced radical progressivism to the point of self-destruction. 

in fairness to Canada

this is the downfall of Western civilization itself in progress

Canada was simply the weakest state in the Anglopshere

the only Confederation of the British Empire : a giant Ulster

and so Canada was the first to be smashed upon the shoals

by a storm which is blowing from the United Kingdom, all the way to New Zealand in the South Pacific

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Who will they be, priests, Imams, diversity officers?  Even the Pope is woke.  We’re in pretty uncharted territory.

Canadian priggishness is a pathology

the need to be holier than thou is the Canadian disease

a poison apple

in the wake of which comes the serpent

Tiberius Caesar stalks the land

Whore of Babylon

• Like 1

It’s really the British melting pot that you seem to be advocating, with an emphasis on the British and Canadian.  I know you also like the French and Mohawk influences.  Basically you value Canadian culture and traditions.  I do too. I enjoy the many new cultures, food, etc.. I know you do too. I think it’s important to retain and celebrate the roots without feeling like we have to apologize for it.  The whole narrative of colonial patriarchal white oppressors is beating up Canada and its history beyond recognition, and devaluing much that is of high value.  How many countries would accept such an assault?

Edited by Zeitgeist

7 hours ago, I am Groot said:

It looks more like you just hate lefties and it's driven you nuts.

15 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

How would you detect lies? 

Your under the assumption that this process just consists of a written and oral test, but rather consists of many different checks and balances, such as criminal records form home country, etc etc ...

15 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

How would you detect lies? 

Again, the people who we most want to keep out tend not to be terribly sophisticated. Else we'd not hear of cases where they're denied citizenship in European countries for refusing to shake hands with their interviewer. And as I've already written, you don't ask straight out, bald faced questions about what they think of Jews or women. A written test would be best. They're supposed to know enough English to want to immigrate here, after all. In fact, we should be increasing the English/French requirements of immigrants like Australia did.

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

It looks more like you just hate lefties and it's driven you nuts.

Don't be a fool. I've always been nuts. That's got nothing to do with politics.

• Haha 1