Is Hate Speech Free Speech?

and exit polling sowed 2/3 think the 2020 election was stolen. And that many would still have voted for Trump if he was criminally convicted. And ALL of them voted for someone accused of sexual assault by more women than they even knew personally.
The choice of a few deplorables in no way reflects the choice of the people of Iowa or any other state.

Edited by herbie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, taxme said:

Trump was leading by 51% in Iowa, while the others were in the low teen numbers. That shows us all that Trump was the  popular candidate for the people of Iowa. All your efforts in trying to make it appear as though Trump was not all that popular is just plain crazy and stupid. 

Trump got well over 85 million people to vote for him in the 2020 election. Not too bad a figure for a guy who is not all that popular, eh? You might as well give up on trying to make Trump look not all that popular because you are just wasting your useless time on trying to make Trump look unwanted. Trump will be the President in the coming election. Believe it or not. 😇

Do you know what a primary is? It's one party. Republicans make up less than a third of the US population. In Iowa, half of Republicans wanted someone else to be president. There is no demonstration of popularity. You are very confused.

And no, I don't believe he will. America is politically ill, but even then I don't think the country is actually going to elect a man who tried to stage a coup.

Edited by Hodad
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Hodad said:

Do you know what a primary is? It's one party. Republicans make up less than a third of the US population. In Iowa, half of Republicans wanted someone else to be president. There is no demonstration of popularity. You are very confused.

And no, I don't believe he will. America is politically ill, but even then I don't think the country is actually going to elect a man who tried to stage a coup.

Trump won in Iowa and that is all that matters. Trump will win in NH also. Whether you like to hear it or not, Trump will be the next President of the USA. 

When Trump was President, our Marxist dictator in Ottawa stayed quiet. But after Joe Bidumb became the dictator of America, our dear comrade leader here in la-la-land started to work on destroying freedom of speech and rights here in Canukistan. Just like Bidumb has been doing in America for the last three years. Two Marxist peas in a Marxist pod. 

FO with your bullshit that Trump was trying to start a coup. Where or how did Trump try to start a coup? Normally, a coup leader will lead the pack. I did not see Trump at the so called coup demonstration. All you are doing here is showing me that you despise Trump. I only wish that we had a leader like Trump here in Marxist Canukistan. 

Can we swap? Trump for Turdeau? 😁

13 minutes ago, taxme said:

Trump won in Iowa and that is all that matters. Trump will win in NH also. Whether you like to hear it or not, Trump will be the next President of the USA. 

When Trump was President, our Marxist dictator in Ottawa stayed quiet. But after Joe Bidumb became the dictator of America, our dear comrade leader here in la-la-land started to work on destroying freedom of speech and rights here in Canukistan. Just like Bidumb has been doing in America for the last three years. Two Marxist peas in a Marxist pod. 

FO with your bullshit that Trump was trying to start a coup. Where or how did Trump try to start a coup? Normally, a coup leader will lead the pack. I did not see Trump at the so called coup demonstration. All you are doing here is showing me that you despise Trump. I only wish that we had a leader like Trump here in Marxist Canukistan. 

Can we swap? Trump for Turdeau? 😁

Because the winner of one party's primary wins the presidency?

A. I think it's pretty rare for leaders to literally lead troops executing a coup. That's small time.

B. The insurrection is secondary to the main plot of the coup. The heart of it was the Eastman coup memo, the fake electors, and the plan to have Pence either unilaterally declare Trump the winner or to force a contingent election that would install Trump. Having failed to produce any evidence--or even a plausible theory--to overturn the election results, Trump and team actively tried to bypass the electorate entirely and contrive an illegal means to simply refuse to leave office. To overturn the voters and end the democratic experiment in the US. Mike Pence saved the republic.

It's alarming that you are rooting for Trump without even knowing the extremity of his unfitness.  It's been well documented in the media and in Jack Smith's indictment documentation. 

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

Because the winner of one party's primary wins the presidency?

A. I think it's pretty rare for leaders to literally lead troops executing a coup. That's small time.

B. The insurrection is secondary to the main plot of the coup. The heart of it was the Eastman coup memo, the fake electors, and the plan to have Pence either unilaterally declare Trump the winner or to force a contingent election that would install Trump. Having failed to produce any evidence--or even a plausible theory--to overturn the election results, Trump and team actively tried to bypass the electorate entirely and contrive an illegal means to simply refuse to leave office. To overturn the voters and end the democratic experiment in the US. Mike Pence saved the republic.

It's alarming that you are rooting for Trump without even knowing the extremity of his unfitness.  It's been well documented in the media and in Jack Smith's indictment documentation. 

No shit! I did not know that. LOL.

A. George Washington apparently did when he attacked the British way back when. 

B. Well, from my understanding, Pence could have asked for a recount, but he did not. Another recount should have not created any big problems as to whether the Demonrats won the election or not. Another recount could have solved the suspicions that Trump and his supporters had. But it is way too late now. But Trump will win the next election. 

You cannot deny that America was better off under Trump, than it is today under Bidumb. Since Bidumb won the presidency, or so we are told, inflation, interest rates, rent went thru the roof, gas prices shot up, food prices shot up, and the border with Mexico was out of control. Thanks to Bidumb and his open door Mexico policy, it is said that there are probably over 8 million illegal aliens in America today, and they still keep coming. And you think that Trump was bad? 

The only person here that is not fit to be president of the USA is joey the senile Bidumb himself. At least when Trumps speaks, he makes sense. Bidumb does not. He just tries to mumble himself thru as much as possible to try and get by. The whole world sees that. I don't understand why you have a problem with Trump and not Bidumb. You really must spend all of your day listening to CNN and MSNBC for all your bullshit news. Maybe if you tried to listen to FOX NEWS once in awhile you might finally learn something. Just a suggestion. 😇

Jack Smith is just another hack for the demonrat party. His efforts in trying to nail anything on Trump are fool hearty and have gone nowhere. The guy is a fkn joke. 😁

On 1/8/2024 at 11:59 AM, Rebound said:

When should hate speech be prohibited, and how?

I don't think it should be prohibited if no calls to concrete action is done or no defamation in the sense of making stuff up is done. I believe I can say I hate a certain person or a certain group. The laws in Canada in my opinion are way too stringent when it comes to that. And not being able to say that you hate something or someone has a kind of a Streisand-like effect where it becomes more subtle and ingrained to hate.

There have been waaaay more historical evidences to when censorship went too far for power hungry freaks than examples of the contrary to which freedom of expression was abused. I'm not saying it's non-existent, but the consequences we have to go through under a regime in which freedom of expression is oppressed vs when free speech is allowed are way worse for the former than the ladder.

Yeah specially facts from before the Jan 6 insurrection, 4 years of lying about stolen elections, fraud, slander trials, and an obvious decline in mental acuity.

Or the fact he won by the vote of 7% of registered Republicans.

None of that matters to Trumpalos that worship the ass clown.

33 minutes ago, taxme said:

No shit! I did not know that. LOL.

A. George Washington apparently did when he attacked the British way back when. 

B. Well, from my understanding, Pence could have asked for a recount, but he did not. Another recount should have not created any big problems as to whether the Demonrats won the election or not. Another recount could have solved the suspicions that Trump and his supporters had. But it is way too late now. But Trump will win the next election. 

You cannot deny that America was better off under Trump, than it is today under Bidumb. Since Bidumb won the presidency, or so we are told, inflation, interest rates, rent went thru the roof, gas prices shot up, food prices shot up, and the border with Mexico was out of control. Thanks to Bidumb and his open door Mexico policy, it is said that there are probably over 8 million illegal aliens in America today, and they still keep coming. And you think that Trump was bad? 

The only person here that is not fit to be president of the USA is joey the senile Bidumb himself. At least when Trumps speaks, he makes sense. Bidumb does not. He just tries to mumble himself thru as much as possible to try and get by. The whole world sees that. I don't understand why you have a problem with Trump and not Bidumb. You really must spend all of your day listening to CNN and MSNBC for all your bullshit news. Maybe if you tried to listen to FOX NEWS once in awhile you might finally learn something. Just a suggestion. 😇

Jack Smith is just another hack for the demonrat party. His efforts in trying to nail anything on Trump are fool hearty and have gone nowhere. The guy is a fkn joke. 😁

Your understanding of what Mike Pence could have done is wildly incorrect. The ONLY thing constitutional activity of the VP on the day of certification is to verify the count. Each state has already certified it's individual results. Pence has no power to ask for a recount (not like one more recount would have changed anything anyway). And the vote MUSY be certified that day. 

So you have the wrong information. It's now your responsibility to take in the accurate information and reassess. You're welcome to look it up if you have any cause to doubt.

And no, by nearly every metric the US is better off under Biden that it was under Trump--and VASTLY better off than the dumpster fire that Biden inherited.

I know you are typically not interested in data and facts, but employment, wages stocks, disposable income, etc.--all up. Deficits are down. We're dramatically more trusted, liked and respected in the international community. 

Before he bungled then pandemic The Trump economy was okay. It very neatly stayed on the same trajectory that he inherited. He made a lot of promises about record growth and tried to cut taxes and ran elective deficits to make it happen, but he couldn't deliver explosive growth. And then it fell off a cliff at the end.

Obama and Biden both had to manage a recovery from the disasters of their Republican predecessors to build healthy, stable economies. Now Republicans want to try to tell us they're better on the economy. Lol can't make this stuff up. Oh wait, they can!

2 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Your understanding of what Mike Pence could have done is wildly incorrect. The ONLY thing constitutional activity of the VP on the day of certification is to verify the count. Each state has already certified it's individual results. Pence has no power to ask for a recount (not like one more recount would have changed anything anyway). And the vote MUSY be certified that day. 

So you have the wrong information. It's now your responsibility to take in the accurate information and reassess. You're welcome to look it up if you have any cause to doubt.

And no, by nearly every metric the US is better off under Biden that it was under Trump--and VASTLY better off than the dumpster fire that Biden inherited.

I know you are typically not interested in data and facts, but employment, wages stocks, disposable income, etc.--all up. Deficits are down. We're dramatically more trusted, liked and respected in the international community. 

Before he bungled then pandemic The Trump economy was okay. It very neatly stayed on the same trajectory that he inherited. He made a lot of promises about record growth and tried to cut taxes and ran elective deficits to make it happen, but he couldn't deliver explosive growth. And then it fell off a cliff at the end.

Obama and Biden both had to manage a recovery from the disasters of their Republican predecessors to build healthy, stable economies. Now Republicans want to try to tell us they're better on the economy. Lol can't make this stuff up. Oh wait, they can!

Just more lies coming from CNN and MSNBC and sadly, you. You know dam well that Americans were doing better under Trump. Your cost of living was way down under the Trump administration. Stop trying to spread bullshit. 😛

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Yeah specially facts from before the Jan 6 insurrection, 4 years of lying about stolen elections, fraud, slander trials, and an obvious decline in mental acuity.

Or the fact he won by the vote of 7% of registered Republicans.

None of that matters to Trumpalos that worship the ass clown.

Cry more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Just more lies coming from CNN and MSNBC and sadly, you. You know dam well that Americans were doing better under Trump. Your cost of living was way down under the Trump administration. Stop trying to spread bullshit. 😛

Again, you don't have to get this information from a news source of any kind. You can look up any of those statistics from primary sources. Hell, you don't even have to know how to do research. You're perfectly capable of looking at the Dow today vs under Trump. 

On 1/19/2024 at 3:44 PM, herbie said:

Oh I'm not crying, I'm shaking my head with pit for those constantly whining about moral decay and supporting a fraudulent, narcissistic rapist for President.

But we have a nice warmongering, corrupt president at this moment, and it doesn't even make you bat an eye. Thank you for your moral compass though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

But we have a nice warmongering, corrupt president at this moment, and it doesn't even make you bat an eye. Thank you for your moral compass though.

Takes a pretty skewed moral compass to call Biden a warmonger. Especially without a war to monger..

4 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Giving aid to a democratic ally fighting for it's existence against an aggressive autocratic enemy is not even remotely "warmongering." 

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Takes a pretty skewed moral compass to call Biden a warmonger. Especially without a war to monger..

Israel and ukraine are both wars and he's knee deep into both.  I don't know i'd call him a warmonger but it's kind of silly to say he has no wars :)  

14 hours ago, herbie said:

Of course, it doesn't exist, and it isn't his fault.

He's nice and he likes ice cream. And he doesn't mean tweet.

That's what matters.

13 hours ago, Hodad said:

Giving aid to a democratic ally fighting for it's existence against an aggressive autocratic enemy is not even remotely "warmongering." 

I understand that you're for your 'moral war'.

It's OK, and I wish you to fight for it. I would gladly pay your one way ticket to Kiev. Coffin included.

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Israel and ukraine are both wars and he's knee deep into both.  I don't know i'd call him a warmonger but it's kind of silly to say he has no wars :)  

Not to mention Yemen. Does that make Biden a war monger?

Oh yeah man.

;)

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Of course, it doesn't exist, and it isn't his fault.

He's nice and he likes ice cream. And he doesn't mean tweet.

That's what matters.

I understand that you're for your 'moral war'.

It's OK, and I wish you to fight for it. I would gladly pay your one way ticket to Kiev. Coffin included.

Shallow twaddle. I don't like war and I'm not pushing Ukrainians to fight for their freedom, but as long as they they have the hunger to be free, they have my support.

I'm assuming you don't value your freedom very highly if you can't imagine wanting to fight for it. 

14 minutes ago, Hodad said:

they have the hunger to be free, they have my support

I agree with you.

That's why I'm willing to give you 10K for the plane ticket and the coffin. It's for freedom.

It's a just war. Please, take my donation and fight for Ukraine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I agree with you.

That's why I'm willing to give you 10K for the plane ticket and the coffin. It's for freedom.

It's a just war. Please, take my donation and fight for Ukraine.

Or I could send you a massive fist-shaped dildo so you can thoroughly fark yourself. 🙄