Ban Pro-Palestinian Demonstrations

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Retaliation by killing 20,000 non combatants and women and children seems to be OK by you.

That figure came from Hamas and is not verified.  It could be true or it could be far less.

Why are you so willing to believe terrorists like Hamas?

So you are ok with terrorists killing Israelis and then hiding behind the people?

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DUI_Offender said:

So you downplay Hamas murdering 1,200 Israelis. Most were at a rave, or were enjoying a day off at their Kibbutz. IMO, Israel should actually kill more Palestinians. Make the ratio 50:1.

What Hamas did was horrible, and Israel is simply doing what every other nation would do, destroy a weaker enemy.

Nope, never said that.

Just throwing out there that Israel has killed 20,000 mostly women and children. Are you downplaying that??

Love winding you pro Israeli folks up. You all must be red with rage and steam coming out your ears LOL

On emore time. I could care less about either side but pissing you off makes my day :)

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You didn't answer the question?  Was it ok for Hamas to attack Israeli citizens and kill 1,200 people and take 200 hostage.  

Is it ok for the israelis army to kill 22,000 palestinians? it seems to be ok to you but it is not ok for Hamas to kill 1200 israelis.

Edited by Gaétan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That figure came from Hamas and is not verified.  It could be true or it could be far less.

Why are you so willing to believe terrorists like Hamas?

So you are ok with terrorists killing Israelis and then hiding behind the people?

And the 1200 number came form Israel.

"The World Health Organization says tens of thousands of Palestinians are fleeing central Gaza and Khan Younis, attempting to escape Israeli attacks. In Gaza, at least 21,110 people have been killed and 55,243 injured in Israeli attacks since October 7"  

11 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Huh?

Resort to making shit up are we LOL

Please do us all a favor. Go to your local Community college. Take a history course on World affairs. Once you complete the course, provided proof to us, and you will be allowed to debate.  Until then, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Screenshot-2023-12-19-at-10.04.47.png

Until the 1960s, approximately one million Jews lived in Iran and other Arab countries having arrived in the region more than 2,000 years before. Nowadays, it is estimated that only around 15,000 remain, as the majority of the Jewish population in Muslim lands were forced to flee their homes in the years following the establishment of the State of Israel. This mass expulsion and exodus is part of modern history, but inexplicably, it’s neither taught at schools nor remembered within the context of the conflicts in the Middle East. 

For over 2,500 years, Jews lived continuously in North Africa, the Middle East and the Gulf region the first Jewish population had already settled there at least 1,000 years before the advent of Islam. 

Whats app image 2021 02 02 at 5.14.29 pm

The Farḥi family in Cairo, Egypt around 1955. The author’s mother Danielle and her two grandparents Marc Jose Farḥi, his wife Vera.

Throughout the generations, Jews in the region were often subjected to various forms of discrimination -- and in many cases, ranked lower on the status of society than their Muslim compatriots -- but they were nevertheless loyal citizens who contributed significantly to the culture and development of their respective countries.  

Despite the positive influence that Jews brought to the places where they lived, more than 850,000 Jews were forced to leave their homes in Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Morocco, and several other Arab countries in the 20 years that followed the Arab-Israeli war of 1948. Another major forced migration took place from Iran in 1979–80, following the Iranian Revolution and the collapse of the shah’s regime, adding 70,000 more Jewish refugees to this number. 

There is ample evidence that this conduct against Jews was orchestrated in tandem as a joint effort of all the involved Arab countries. Among the events preceding the expulsion were: (a) The drafting of a Law by the Political Committee of the Arab League that recommended a coordinated strategy of repressive measures against Jews; (b) strikingly similar legislation and discriminatory decrees, enacted by numerous Arab governments, that violated the fundamental rights and freedoms of Jews resident in Arab countries; (c) statements made by delegates of Arab countries at the U.N. during the debate on the ‘Partition Resolution’, representing a pattern of ominous threats made against Jews in Arab countries; and (d) newspaper reports from that period. 

In 1947, the Political Committee of the Arab League (League of Arab States) drafted a law that was to govern the legal status of Jewish residents in all of its member states. This Draft Law of the Arab League provided that “...all Jews – with the exception of citizens of non-Arab countries – were to be considered members of the Jewish ‘minority state of Palestine’; that their bank accounts would be frozen and used to finance resistance to ‘Zionist ambitions in Palestine; Jews believed to be active Zionists would be interned as political prisoners and their assets confiscated; only Jews who accept active service in Arab armies or place themselves at the disposal of these armies would be considered ‘Arabs.” 

https://www.worldjewishcongress.org/en/news/the-expulsion-of-jews-from-arab-countries-and-iran--an-untold-history

Edited by DUI_Offender

4 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Is it ok for the israelis army to kill 22,000 palestinians? it seems to be ok to you.

That figure came from terrorists. What makes you think it is true?

You still did not answer the question.  Was it ok for Hamas to kill 1,200 Israelis on Oct. 7th and take 200 people hostage?

Who attacked who first?  Does Israel have a right to defend themselves against Hamas who are determined to destroy Israel and kill Israeli citizens?

Does anyone have a right to fight back against terrorists who attack them?

israelis army to kill 22,000 palestinians? If it is ok to you it should also be ok for Hamas to kill 1,200 israelis.

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You still did not answer the question.  Was it ok for Hamas to kill 1,200 Israelis on Oct. 7th and take 200 people hostage?

Since it is ok for you that Israelis army kills 22,000 palestinians it should also be ok for you that Hamas kills 1,200 Israelis and as a matter of fact they should kill more according to your own justice.

Edited by Gaétan

28 minutes ago, DUI_Offender said:

Please do us all a favor. Go to your local Community college. Take a history course o....

Hey bonehead...you said "that the Arab states ethnically cleaned 1,00,000 Jews in Arab lands from 1948-51, after Israel declared independence  Some of the Jewish communities in Iraq, Yemen, Syria, Egypt, Morocco, Iran, Tunisia, etc. has existed for centuries. .  " and "What about the 1,000,000 Jews that the Arab nations ethnically cleaned After 1948? "

No jews were killed, they were sent to the country that the UN gave them.

The had a place to go, the Palestinians had and have nothing except what Israel allows them to have..

So, "please do us all a favour" and stop with your single minded one sided BS. LOL

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

No jews were killed, they were sent to the country that the UN gave them.

They were expelled, you simpleton.  They had no choice. Their leaders were executed, and they were not allowed to take any personal belongings, while Nuremberg style laws were enacted in every Arab country.

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The had a place to go, the Palestinians had and have nothing except what Israel allows them to have..

So, "please do us all a favour" and stop with your single minded one sided BS. LOL

Now you are just rolling. You do not have the intelligence to debate with me. Finish Grade 11, then take some history courses and debate with us.  It may take two years, but you will finally be able to converse while knowing what you are talking about.

36 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

israelis army to kill 22,000 palestinians? If it is ok to you it should also be ok for Hamas to kill 1,200 israelis.

Since it is ok for you that Israelis army kills 22,000 palestinians it should also be ok for you that Hamas kills 1,200 Israelis and as a matter of fact they should kill more according to your own justice.

22,000 is not enough. Israel should step on the gas, and annihilate at least 200,000 Palestinians. 

Just now, DUI_Offender said:

They were expelled, you simpleton.  They had no choice. Their leaders were executed, and they were not allowed to take any personal belongings, while Nuremberg style laws were enacted in every Arab country.

Now you are just rolling. You do not have the intelligence to debate with me. Finish Grade 11, then take some history courses and debate with us.  It may take two years, but you will finally be able to converse while knowing what you are talking about.

Yup, sent to their own country, not killed

No "rolling", just winding you up. If and when you can properly debate and understand what is being said to you, then it is worthwhile. In the meantime, I just stir you up..  LOL

You do know my opinion is equal to yours? If not then you seriously need to shake your head.

Oh and insulting my level of education just enforces my opinion that you actually know little and only make assumptions :)

42 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

You are completely irrational.  Has anybody ever told you or are you aware of a thinking problem?  You make absolutely no sense.  It is impossible to discuss anything rationally with you.  You need help, seriously.

There was a truce.  Hamas broke the truce by killing 1,200 people and taking 200 hostage on Oct. 7th.   That is the simple fact.  Why do you not understand that?   Please seek help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup, sent to their own country, not killed

No "rolling", just winding you up. If and when you can properly debate and understand what is being said to you, then it is worthwhile. In the meantime, I just stir you up..  LOL

You do know my opinion is equal to yours? If not then you seriously need to shake your head.

Oh and insulting my level of education just enforces my opinion that you actually know little and only make assumptions :)

You are arguing for the sake of argument.  You have this history knowledge of a 11 year old.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

There was a truce.  Hamas broke the truce by killing 1,200 people and taking 200 hostage on Oct. 7th.   That is the simple fact.  Why do you not understand that?   Please seek help.

Israelis killed more Palestinians before Hamas killed 1,200 israelis

Edited by Gaétan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DUI_Offender said:

You are arguing for the sake of argument.  You have this history knowledge of a 11 year old.

You are so sad that you spend time trying to change my mind or opinion or to see it your way.

Told you too many times I do not give a shit about either side and yet, you keep on keeping on. Only a loser keeps hitting their head against the same brick wall LOL

When will you take the hint you are being had?? LOL

6 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

This is their freedom to lawfully protest. As long as it remains lawful, am 100% in support of that right.

Not just when its a cause that I like.

I"m generally in agreement.  As i said the first time this subject came up at the start of the war.

However - what do you do when the protest is calling for hatred and generally unlawful behaviour?  If a protest march is stating that all black people are terrible and should be shot... even if it's not calling for anyone to ACTUALLY shoot them ... is that over the line? Where is the line?

And when does rhetoric become SO inflammatory that it causes or significantly adds to violent or illegal behavior such as jumping on cars or threatening police officers etc? A canadian flag had to be removed because it was making the protesters violently angry - when does that not become acceptable?

This is something the us is struggling with at the moment obviously, when do you go from opinion to "inciting".

And in the real world it's very hard to hold an individual hiding in a mob 'responsible' because you risk a true riot trying ot isolate him unless you've got a lot of police handy.

I'm entirely in favor of lawful and peaceful protest.  But at some point protests go too far and i'm not opposed to a "cooling off" law that says  if protests involving something specific are leading to violence or civil unrest then the gov't can impose a short  time limited ban on protests involving that subject to give people a chance to calm down and get some perspective.

Might help keep some of the more radical in line if they knew that could happen.

1 hour ago, Gaétan said:

Is it ok for the israelis army to kill 22,000 palestinians? it seems to be ok to you but it is not ok for Hamas to kill 1200 israelis.

Yes exactly. Maybe Hamas should be the enemy of the Palestinians too?

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Nope, never said that.

Just throwing out there that Israel has killed 20,000 mostly women and children. Are you downplaying that??

Love winding you pro Israeli folks up. You all must be red with rage and steam coming out your ears LOL

On emore time. I could care less about either side but pissing you off makes my day :)

Time to end this once and for all, hope Usrael doesn't stop. Time to get rid of anyone that calls themselves palastinian and supports Hamas. That's the only way for peace in the ME. And its sad many young people are on the wrong side of history.

Edited by PIK

Just now, PIK said:

Time to end this once and for all, hope Usrael doesn't stop. Time to get rid of anyone that calls themselves palastinian and supports Hamas. That's the only way for peace in the ME. And its sad many young people are on the wrong side of history.

As noted before, only 41% of the Palestinians supported and elected Hamas.

It can end by the Palestinians being given  their own country like they did with the Israelis.

What "young people" are on the wrong side of history?

13 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

Last time I checked, Netanyahu is not doing this in North America. Seriously is this the best you can do to counter the argument of the thread? 

It's a damn sight better than the check you just did. From the river to the sea is a right-wing Israeli election slogan going back to 1979. It means as little as when anyone else uses it.

The genocide argument of the thread is just tit for tat rhetorical bullshit that both sides should tone down. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

As noted before, only 41% of the Palestinians supported and elected Hamas.

It can end by the Palestinians being given  their own country like they did with the Israelis.

What "young people" are on the wrong side of history?

The Palestinians should never be given their own country.  They should be driven off the land, never to return.

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Look, I am not pro either side but it does make you wonder why all over the world there are demonstrations in support of Palestinians and not Israelis?

I think in Canada it's the negative connotations of colonialism that's really focused a lot of the anger Canadians feel towards Israel. Canadians like most people around the world appear to naturally support the underdog over a powerful oppressor.  It should be no surprise that the division over the ME amongst Canadians mirrors the divisions amongst us over our colonization Canada and specifically our treatment of 1st Nations in the process.  This explains why it's such a right vs left thing in Canada. 

Notice the silence when it's pointed out that Canada played an instrumental role in the international planning that went into the colonization and dispossession of Palestinians by Israel.  Canada was chosen for this task because of our experience at colonizing, oppressing and subjugation.  I'm actually a little surprised Canadian conservatives aren't proud of this heritage given we're told how beneficial colonization was for 1st Nations. 

As the escalation of the genocide in Gaza unfolds, Canadians watch the violence via mainstream news and read statements from political officials. However, for a country with a long role in this conflict, there is near non-existent coverage of the context of Canada and Canadians participation in the history of the violence. Hoping to correct this absence, this Brief offers an overview of some of the key roles Canada has played in the colonization of Palestine. From the Partition and Nakba, to the emergence of Peacekeeping, and direct involvement in invasions, Canadians should confront the realities of their ongoing involvement.

https://yellowheadinstitute.org/2023/11/02/candas-role-in-colonization-palestine/

• Like 1