Ban Pro-Palestinian Demonstrations

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Only stating what I said again and again and again because folks like you don't like what I said the first time.

and the second, third, fourth fifth etc. That's a whole lot for someone who doesn't care.

In a logical situation a 1 and 0 will always equal 0. In your case it's beginning to equal eleventytwo.

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

Which they would have also experienced when assessing casualty numbers during previous ground offensives - these previous numbers apparently proved to be fairly accurate reinforcing the reason the Lancet has seen no evidence to suggest deaths have been inflated this time around either.

Certainly, but every conflict zone is different, and extrapolating from a tiny sample of around 100 dead UN workers isn't very scientific.  It's a hypothesis - a best guess.  When we're dealing with numbers that small, having one group of people in the wrong place at the wrong time could skew the numbers substantially.  

Unfortunately it's also worked wonders at spreading divisiveness around the globe - even Israel's premier sponsor is torn over what and who supports what or why.

There's dupes on both sides.

That was the whole point - to cause chaos throughout the world.  This was never going to end well for Palestinians, and Hamas launched their heinous attack expecting and welcoming the Israeli response, to the glee of their sponsors in Iran etc, and to the Russians who no doubt appreciate the distraction.   

And naturally being a democratically elected party and all Hamas canvassed their constituents for their support? In a pigs eye.

No, but at a certain level the Palestinian "nation" is complicit nonetheless.  You get the government you tolerate, and if you elect and/or accept a group that has the genocide of their neighbours as its primary platform, that hides amongst your people and launches attacks etc, feigning ignorance/innocence only convinces the "dupes."

The primary goal of a campaign like this is to neutralize the threat to your people's safety.  If Hamas was a traditional government with a traditional armed forces, precision strikes would more effective.  In this case, they're a terrorist organization that the Gazans actively hide and abet amongst themselves, so what folks are asking and expecting Israel to do is eat shit and get more of their people killed for the benefit of the folks who helped murder their citizens in the first place.  

1 hour ago, Legato said:

and the second, third, fourth fifth etc. That's a whole lot for someone who doesn't care.

In a logical situation a 1 and 0 will always equal 0. In your case it's beginning to equal eleventytwo.

Back again.?????... Your obsession with me is getting scary LOL

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

so what folks are asking and expecting Israel to do is eat shit and get more of their people killed for the benefit of the folks who helped murder their citizens in the first place.  

I get the sense the right of Israel to defend itself is morphing into the right to continue colonizing, oppressing and subjugating Palestinians, and people who should know better are okay with. The atrocious nature of the attacks on Oct 7 is not just a galvanizing event justifying Israel's present course it's also become a justifying event for everything that ever came before Oct 7.

Not only does this reset history it sets a new precedent for future colonizers, oppressors and subjugators who know they can just carry on because something will eventually happen that justifies the colonizing, oppressing and subjugating they're engaged in.

The primary goal of a campaign like this is to neutralize the threat to your people's safety.

To paraphrase, The primary goal of a campaign like this is to make demons out of your victims. It's a new twist to an old idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I get the sense the right of Israel to defend itself is morphing into the right to continue colonizing, oppressing and subjugating Palestinians, and people who should know better are okay with.

I get the sense that you're ignoring the context and history of Israel and the Jewish people.  It's easy for you to sit at home in Canada and moralize about how they defend themselves from an existential threat they face every day, but it rings heavily of selective history and double-standards.  

The atrocious nature of the attacks on Oct 7 is not just a galvanizing event justifying Israel's present course it's also become a justifying event for everything that ever came before Oct 7.

Galvanizing, certainly, but once again you ignore the context of decades worth of violence and aggression against Israel that forms much of that pre-Oct 7 history.  🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2023 at 4:15 PM, ExFlyer said:

I suspect. you are OK with innocent civilians and women and children dying in the bombings of hospitals schools and refugee camps. It's OK by one side but not the other??

You are such a simple minded individual , you have no credibility.

I don't think anyone is OK with it, what i do think is that this thing called war has many realities attached to it, civilians dying is one of those hard realities...we don't have to like it but it is always going to be the case...

You keep mentioning hospitals, schools, and refugee camps, all of which have protected status, under the rule of law and the conventions...and like everything there is always a BUT if they are used by militant forces to store weapons', launch attacks from, house troops, etc... they loose that protection and become legitimate military targets...to be engaged by the the IDF...are civilians going to get in the way, sure...they always do...in every conflict...i don't think i've heard anyone say the same stuff about Ukrainians civilians or the other 150 global conflicts...just when terrorist are involved i guess....

The other side goes out of their way to attack soft civilian targets like music fests, filled with unarmed young adults, or enters communities filled with farmers and wipes them out ever man, women, child, and yes infants...NONE had broken inter nation law, or any conventions...this is how they role...and now they are paying the price...and will continue to pay the price until someone wins... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I get the sense that you're ignoring the context and history of Israel and the Jewish people.    

No, I also look at the history of Palestine in the context of being colonized, oppressed and subjugated.

It's easy for you to sit at home in Canada and moralize about how they defend themselves from an existential threat they face every day,

It's even easier for you to pretend history started on Oct 7th.

..but it rings heavily of selective history and double-standards.

You appear to be erasing and replacing history - is this a new standard?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Colonizers for sure but I think we've put the oppression and subjugation behind us.  I suspect we'd be up to our necks in terrorists otherwise.

Well the solution to that as the states found out is a quick game of 'cowboys and indians' or two :)  

Fortunately it wasn't necessary as in the end both sides prefer to live peacefully and seek peaceful solutions.

Of course - we're not colonizers any more than the first nations are (they're not native, i'm sure you know that).    And i was born here, can't 'colonize' your homeland.   it's just a pejorative term losers who don't want to take responsibly for their own situation like to use.  "oh it's not my fault i'm failing at life -  i got COLONIZED!!! Wah! "e

The poor quality of life the palestinians find themselves in isn't a result of colonization or anything else other than their own choices and decisions. They could be as successful as anyone - they choose violence, poverty, insecurity and ignorance.  Nobody chooses that for them.

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

@Moonbox see what I mean?  Poof...like it never happened.

You don't help Canada as a nation by spreading false allegations against ancestors or early settlers.

If you want to make claims about oppression and subjugation, you need to produce some solid facts and proof.

These kinds of allegations can only cause resentment among native people and of course demand endless compensation.

In order to determine what is true and what is false you need to seriously spend time studying historical writings or books written by people who have the facts or consulted earlier sources or records.  Writings are the only source of information.  Just listening to ignorant people who claim such and such happened without any evidence or historical information is meaningless and only spreads false information.

I have read a little of more recent history on the B.C. coast.  One book is called "The Skeena - River of Destiny" by Dr. R.G. Large.  This book gives a fairly good idea of how the northwest part of B.C. in the Skeena region was settled.  There was no oppression or subjection, whatever that is supposed to mean.  Those words carry a very negative connotation.  It could mean beatings, slave labour with the use of whips.  Who knows what it means.  

Another small book called the "History of Alert Bay and District" also gives a fairly good idea how settlement occurred in that area off the northwest coast of Vancouver Island.

A good historical book is called "Canada's Five Centuries" by W. Kaye Lamb from the Canadian Heritage Library.  William Kaye Lamb was one of Canada's foremost historians and enjoyed a most distinguished and varied career as Dominion Archivist of the Public Archives of Canada (1918-1969) and as National Librarian of Canada (1958-1968).

If anyone knew of subjugation and oppression, it certainly would have been one of Canada's foremost historians, but the book containing the 500 year history of Canada does not provide such a narrative. 

You would be better off and demonstrate some class and professionalism by studying some books on how settlement occurred in different places in Canada through books.  Such books may be available in different community libraries, book stores, tourist shops, and museums.  

Dr. R.G. Large, who wrote the book "The Skeena - River of Destiny" was also the President of the Museum of Northern B.C. located in Prince Rupert.  As one example of where to find information, if you were to contact that museum or visit it, they might be able to help you find some book (s) or sources of information on the history of the settlement of the north coast of B.C. and the Skeena River region of northwest B.C.

Edited by blackbird

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, I also look at the history of Palestine in the context of being colonized, oppressed and subjugated.

It's even easier for you to pretend history started on Oct 7th.

You appear to be erasing and replacing history - is this a new standard?

You have not looked at anything, your just rehashing Hamas propaganda that makes them look like the oppressed, when Israel and other leading nations have offer Palestinians a 2 state peace agreement...on a silver plate...but you still don't believe that the refused these offers, becasue they want it all, including the land that Israel sits on now...

Colonized...is bullshit Jews have the same history in the same area, as any Palestinian...but since they are Jews they are discounted. hunted down by Nazi's in many cases completely wiped out in many European countries, the rest of the free world refused to help or take in Jews during the same time, then after the war Muslim countries had their own purges...in many of these countries Jewish population are only in the double digit numbers...NOBODY stood up in the UN when this was happening , no one stood up and said we will open our doors to you...so when the UN decided to give a small slice of land to them...it was the tipping point for the Arabs once again did anyone in the UN stand up and say enough...no, any sanctions...nope....4 wars later, this is where we are....Gaza under siege, and most in the west are screaming we need to protect these terrorist and their supporters.... but for the rest of the conflicts raging around the world their is silence...

Your the one erasing history, to fit your narrative, one that has been based on lie after lie...how many Jews have to die before you see the light....i know you don't care...becasue you bought into all the terrorist propaganda....

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

You have not looked at anything, your just rehashing Hamas propaganda that makes them look like the oppressed, when Israel and other leading nations have offer Palestinians a 2 state peace agreement...on a silver plate...but you still don't believe that the refused these offers, becasue they want it all, including the land that Israel sits on now...

Hmmmm....

Palestinian Authority Open to Gaza Role if U.S. Backs 2-State Solution

Nov. 9, 2023

https://archive.ph/Hmpz4

Your the one erasing history, to fit your narrative, one that has been based on lie after lie...how many Jews have to die before you see the light....i know you don't care...becasue you bought into all the terrorist propaganda....

Let me say that one more time

Hmmmmm....

During a speech before the United Nations General Assembly on September 22, 2023, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu holds up a map that shows Israel stretching “from the river to the sea.”

image.thumb.png.1af5ca97a779315e4b76796a840c69c0.png

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Hmmmmm....

During a speech before the United Nations General Assembly on September 22, 2023, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu holds up a map that shows Israel stretching “from the river to the sea.”

But never says 'from the river to the sea".  And never calls for palestinian genocide

And is willing to consider a peaceful solution.

But palestine rejects it.

And uses 'from the river to the sea' to openly call for genocide.

You're siding with the nazi's bud. You're on the wrong side of history here

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

Hmmmm....

Palestinian Authority Open to Gaza Role if U.S. Backs 2-State Solution

Nov. 9, 2023

https://archive.ph/Hmpz4

Hmmmmm....

image.thumb.png.1af5ca97a779315e4b76796a840c69c0.png

I'm sure they are open to getting back in power in Gaza, Currently Gaza is controlled by Hamas...which also has influence in the west bank...The palestinian authority has already had they chance at governing both the west bank and gaza...it never stopped the violence, they refused a 2 state solution,  they were more like Hamas lite....So why would Israel agree to more of that...

Your picture of the Israelis pm is bullshit, another example of Hamas propaganda, i used that new thing call google and this is what i found....you should watch it....never mind atleast doing some fact checking yourself.....asking if it smells like sh*t it normally is...why would the PM spew this hatard in the UN....The date you mentioned is when Israel signed a peace agreement with Saudi...the green area of the map shows countries that have signed peace agreements with Israel...Now you sir are spreading false news...much like most of your argument. 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/09/1141302

On 12/28/2023 at 12:24 AM, eyeball said:

I'm sure I've shown this to you several times now.

image.thumb.png.b5655011f389639c8d9acaf86cd0c97f.png  

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/its-time-to-confront-israels-version-of-from-the-river-to-the-sea/#:~:text=During a speech before the,the river to the sea.”

Once again i will say this photo is taken out of context...below is the speech that this photo was taken off, and by NO means does he say what eyeball suggests...it is bullshit....

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Once again i will say this photo is taken out of context...below is the speech that this photo was taken off, and by NO means does he say what eyeball suggests...it is bullshit....

Where is Palestine on the map, where does Netanyahu mention the state of Palestine in his speech? It doesn't exist. In the meantime...

Netanyahu: ‘Only I can block a Palestinian state’

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20231128-netanyahu-only-i-can-block-a-palestinian-state/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Where is Palestine on the map, where does Netanyahu mention the state of Palestine in his speech?

Where does he say 'from the river to the sea?'

Nowhere.

You take a single picture out of context and try to suggest it's the same as a genocidal phrase repeated by millions.

Do you understand why nobody is taking you seriously and the world is not screaming for the israelis to stop?

Where is Palestine on the map, where does Netanyahu mention the state of Palestine in his speech? It doesn't exist.

Probably because Palestine does not exist as a state separate from Israel, according to some UN countries but first and foremost the United States.

Russia and their axes do recognize them though.

Can I assume you have a problem with that? ;) 

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Russia and their axes do recognize them though.

Can I assume you have a problem with that? ;) 

I really can't recognize the credibility of Russia or its allies because I realize it's a dictator speaking for them.  This is consistent with my view that Hamas is an illegitimate voice for Palestine. 

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's been a slogan of Likud's since 1977.

“Between the sea and the Jordan there will only be Israeli sovereignty.”

Doesn't say it even once on that whole page that i can see or that the search can find

It DOES say - The Likud will act as a genuine partner at peace treaty negotiations with our neighbors, as is customary among the nations.

Gee you lied. imagine that.

You know - it's bad enough that you support the people who drive nails into women's vaginas and burn babies - but do you have to go so far as to LIE to support them?

Sigh.

Edited by CdnFox