Abolishing money would make us happy

Gaétan

When volunteering the more dirty work you do the happier you are:

Volunteering and its Surprising Benefits

Volunteering makes you happy. By measuring hormones and brain activity, researchers have discovered that being helpful to others delivers immense pleasure. Human beings are hard-wired to give to others. The more we give, the happier we feel.

Volunteering and its Surprising Benefits - HelpGuide.org

Doing well by doing good. The relationship between formal volunteering and self-reported health and happiness - PubMed (nih.gov)

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

- Volunteering makes people who like volunteering feel happy.

- Abolishing your money but not mine, makes me feel happy.   ;)  

Everybody is happy to do volunteering. It isn't because you don't do it that it wouldn't make you feel happy of doing it. If you do it there is activation of hormones that make you feel happy.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 7:28 AM, Gaétan said:

Volunteering makes you happy. By measuring hormones and brain activity, researchers have discovered that being helpful to others delivers immense pleasure.

Those researchers studies the "wrong" individuals.   A normal (good) person may derive pleasure from volunteering.

Our society is not run or managed by this type of people.  Our whole system is not based on this type of people.

The people I commonly see is those who will want to make more, ask for more, scoff at the idea of giving anyone more or doing anything for free.  If they did do anything as a volunteer, they would later declare it as wasted time and will have a hard time getting over it.

Edited by cougar
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Aristides said:

Volunteering does make one feel good, but it doesn't pay the bills.

Like how here they had a volunteer run Seniors soup kitchen with $5 lunches... and soon everyone * was going there. They needed more room for tables and more volunteers to cook and clean up.
Within 3 months two local restaurants had closed and 2/3 of servers in town lost their jobs.
In 2 years the volunteers burned out and the kitchen shut down. None of the diners opened back up and no more servers got hired.

* there are so many so cheap they squeak when they walk people here. Helicopter pilots and mechanics and sawmill supervisors went there. I never did, they served "home cooked" meals... bleagghh!

Edited by herbie

17 hours ago, Gaétan said:

It pays the bills because if everyone works without charging money the goods are free of charge. If there is charge on goods or services it is because people charge money to make it.

You are using some kind of device to post here, probably made in Asia. How do you compensate the person who made it with your voluntary labour? Without a system of money, our society can't function.

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You are using some kind of device to post here, probably made in Asia. How do you compensate the person who made it with your voluntary labour? Without a system of money, our society can't function.

We can abolish money in Canada and pay what we import with the income of what we export

23 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

We can abolish money in Canada and pay what we import with the income of what we export

How will you compensate someone on the other side of Canada with your labour? How will you compensate someone who lives 100 km from you. Who will provide the capital needed to build industries?

Paying for what we import is done with money. Where do we get that money?

Edited by Aristides

42 minutes ago, Aristides said:

How will you compensate someone on the other side of Canada with your labour? How will you compensate someone who lives 100 km from you. Who will provide the capital needed to build industries?

Paying for what we import is done with money. Where do we get that money?

You work without being paid and by this way you produce goods or services, the other canadians do the same, when you need something you take it from the market, this is your compention for your labor done, you don't need to count everything, sometimes your work has more value than what you get, sometimes what you get has more value than your work, there is no need to count anything. There is no need capital to build industries because people work free of charge, We can be paid what we export in euro or american dollars and pay what we import with the same money.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

"Why pay for it, if it's already paid? Things don't exist. They just are. Why would we be if we really aren't. How does that make sense? Cents don't add up, because they're just matter, so they don't matter."

*puffs from crack pipe*

"I sell strawberries on my Blackberry. I bought it, because they are trying to get us. They dress in blue, but speak in black. Their skin is thick, their minds brittle. You think am crazy, but crazy is drinking cow's milk, then slaughtering their children."

*runs off, then proceeds to s*** on your lawn while screaming at the birds to shut up. That you know where they live, and traveled there twice and back* 

That is literally what you sound like. O_o

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gaétan said:

You work without being paid and by this way you produce goods or services, the other canadians do the same, when you need something you take it from the market, this is your compention for your labor done, you don't need to count everything, sometimes your work has more value than what you get, sometimes what you get has more value than your work, there is no need to count anything. There is no need capital to build industries because people work free of charge, We can be paid what we export in euro or american dollars and pay what we import with the same money.

You are describing a system where there is no incentive to work harder, show initiative or create. We have seen how well that worked out in the former Soviet Union.

What do you mean there is no capital needed, building an industry isn't just labour, it also requires infrastructure.

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You are describing a system where there is no incentive to work harder, show initiative or create. We have seen how well that worked out in the former Soviet Union.

What do you mean there is no capital needed, building an industry isn't just labour, it also requires infrastructure.

The Soviet Union used money, this not what i propose, people don't like to work if they are paid, there is no hormone activity if they are paid and there are incentive to work because people want to live well. Industries are built by workers, the hardware used to build it is made by workers, natural products to make it is extracted by workers not paid, so you can build anything free of charge, roads, bridges, metros, anything you want because there is no need of any investment of money. If you want to build a metro to go across the city you need money to pay workers but in that system there is no need.

Edited by Gaétan

50 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

The Soviet Union used money, this not what i propose, people don't like to work if they are paid, there is no hormone activity if they are paid and there are incentive to work because people want to live well. Industries are built by workers, the hardware used to build it is made by workers, natural products to make it is extracted by workers not paid, so you can build anything free of charge, roads, bridges, metros, anything you want because there is no need of any investment of money. If you want to build a metro to go across the city you need money to pay workers but in that system there is no need.

The Soviet Union had everyone working for the state and it decided how people would be compensated. That is exactly what you are proposing. To build infrastructure you need hundreds of millions worth of machinery and the industries to make it as well as compensating people for the loss of their property and business.

Build me a ten million dollar boring machine and I will mow your lawn for ten years. Ridiculous.

Edited by Aristides

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

The Soviet Union had everyone working for the state and it decided how people would be compensated. That is exactly what you are proposing. To build infrastructure you need hundreds of millions worth of machinery and the industries to make it as well as compensating people for the loss of their property and business.

Build me a ten million dollar boring machine and I will mow your lawn for ten years. Ridiculous.

I see your real nature you don't ask questions but you work for billionneers to maintain a slave system that favorize them

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 4:24 PM, Perspektiv said:

"Why pay for it, if it's already paid? Things don't exist. They just are. Why would we be if we really aren't. How does that make sense? Cents don't add up, because they're just matter, so they don't matter."

That is literally what you sound like. O_o

Agreed, and clueless.

====

People who oppose money - well, they don't understand numbers, mathematics. And to me, they don't understand life - the universe.

Edited by August1991

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

Agreed, and clueless.

====

People who oppose money - well, they don't understand numbers, mathematics. And to me, they don't understand life - the universe.

You need to understand more than math to understand money deeply.

History, for example.  In ancient Sumaria, money was developed as a centralized system of exchange to address "want".  Fast forward four or five thousand years, and digital global money doesn't address want in some quarters.

It's time to talk about why.  

21 hours ago, August1991 said:

Agreed, and clueless.

====

My take is that people who oppose money are the ones who understand life better than anyone else.

20 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You need to understand more than math to understand money deeply.

History, for example.  In ancient Sumaria, money was developed as a centralized system of exchange to address "want".  Fast forward four or five thousand years, and digital global money doesn't address want in some quarters.

It's time to talk about why.  

Well, one can start with understanding math and if their knowledge and reasoning are sound, it wouldn't be long before they understand we live in a scam and money is the medium.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cougar said:

My take is that people who oppose money are the ones who understand life better than anyone else.

Well, one can start with understanding math and if their knowledge and reasoning are sound, it wouldn't be long before they understand we live in a scam and money is the medium.

What would you use instead of money?