Jump to content

Abolishing money would make us happy


Gaétan

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cougar said:

What "things" would I be needing?  If my wooden cabin is built and I have enough food , clothes and wood for heating, there will be very few "things" I might need.

In general we are looking at A*B=C, where we want to reduce C to survive.   I was so far looking at reducing or bringing B down to zero, but we can also bring A down without making changes to B, if you know what I mean.  (which I know you do)

So build your cabin in the middle of nowhere, grow your own food and make your own clothes. Enjoy yourself trying to survive. Do you think all 8 billion people in the world could live like that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Workers

Workers work for companies who have invested tons of money in the infrastructure to build those TV's. How will you compensate those workers who might be on the other side of the world, ship them some of your potatoes? They would probably rather have rice. Potatoes aren't that big in Asia.

I can't believe we are having this ridiculous discussion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

Workers work for companies who have invested tons of money in the infrastructure to build those TV's. How will you compensate those workers who might be on the other side of the world, ship them some of your potatoes? They would probably rather have rice. Potatoes aren't that big in Asia.

I can't believe we are having this ridiculous discussion. 

You are paid in american dollars or euros what you export and pay with the same money what you import.

Edited by Gaétan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

You are paid in american dollars or euros what you export and pay with the same money what you import.

So you do need money. You can't abolish it and still carry on trade at more than a neighbourhood level nor can you manufacture anything more than what you can make yourself.

The world you live in can't function without it.

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

So you do need money. You can't abolish it and still carry on trade at more than a neighbourhood level nor can you manufacture anything more than what you can make yourself.

The world you live in can't function without it.

You use money to trade with others countries but not inside yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2023 at 9:31 PM, Aristides said:

So build your cabin in the middle of nowhere, grow your own food and make your own clothes. Enjoy yourself trying to survive. Do you think all 8 billion people in the world could live like that?

Maybe not exactly like that, but thing need to wind down for all 8 billion, which by the way should go down to 3 billion or less.

 

And by the way our government is not going to let me live in my cabin in the wilderness - they will take it from under my feet and ask for taxes.

Edited by cougar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2023 at 4:42 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Civilization made the great leap forward by counting... are you actually against math ?

For what you seem to actually be addressing - people are also concerned with fairness and that's utterly normal.

I system of money is not fair. What is fair is voluntarily work and voluntarily take out what you need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Volunteering isn't about expecting something in return. Why should they provide for your needs when you are perfectly capable of looking after them yourself?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2023 at 10:38 PM, Aristides said:

Volunteering isn't about expecting something in return. Why should they provide for your needs when you are perfectly capable of looking after them yourself?

Most people can clean up his toilet or home themself but they cannot provide everything they need themself as to make himself a cell phone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2023 at 8:42 PM, Gaétan said:

Most people can clean up his toilet or home themself but they cannot provide everything they need themself as to make himself a cell phone.

So why should anyone build you a cell phone? Why would anyone invest in the research,  technology and infrastructure to build it for you?

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2023 at 4:26 PM, Gaétan said:

Because it makes them feel happy and in good health 

Okay you can come to my place, clear the snow in winter and mow the lawn in summer, then we will both feel good.

I will pay in kind. Two slaps round the head for poor snow clearance and four slaps for missing a part of the lawn.

How does that sound?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Legato said:

Okay you can come to my place, clear the snow in winter and mow the lawn in summer, then we will both feel good.

I will pay in kind. Two slaps round the head for poor snow clearance and four slaps for missing a part of the lawn.

How does that sound?

You say that because you don't do voluntary work when you do so you are happy and in good mental and physical health

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 8:40 PM, Aristides said:

Voluntary work means you don't expect something in return. You do.

Voluntary work includes activities or responsibilities that you take on without obligation or payment

WORK IS VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT OBLIGATION OF PAYMENT:

This is the way it works, you work voluntarily and you take what is given without obligation

I provide goods or services without being paid and get what is given by others volunteers without paying. Like this:

 

Luke 10Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.

“When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you. Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages

Edited by Gaétan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 10:06 PM, Gaétan said:

I system of money is not fair. What is fair is voluntarily work and voluntarily take out what you need.

What (or more to the point one of many things) you seem not to understand is that people are involved.   They do not behave in some great, even, reasonable and fair way, they live only by four things:   sex, pride, greed and fear.  Take away the mechanism of measuring worth and exchange (i.e. monetary system) and you would have chaos and collapse where exactly as today, greed rules except now free rain for fear to be the tool to expedite satiating sex and greed.

What we need to eliminate is not money - but to control and reward only productive work with value.  SIMPLE thing to fix:  eliminate speculative gain.   Our problem is not with money, it is with re-distribution of wealth without adding value.   Again, it is not "money" per se that got us into this mess - it is giving control of everything that values money to a very small portion of the population (banks and finance).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,717
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Watson Winnefred
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...