Should Hamas support rallies in Canada be stopped?

2 hours ago, taxme said:

You really are not getting my point here. It all began way back in 1949 when the Palestinian people had their land stolen away from and handed over to the Jewish people.

So what.

What freaking culture HASN"T had their land stolen or ruled over by someone else at some point (and often several points).

Doesn't matter how we got here. It doesnt' make a single eff's worth of difference.  Here's where we're at.

So their choice is find a way to live in peace and prosper, or pick fights they can't win and die.

They seem to be partial to number two.  So why shouldn't they be accommodated? 

Canada sends about 55 million dollars a year to the UNRWA to provide funding for several causes in the West Bank and Gaza strip for Palestinians.  There have been concerns and complaints raised that some money goes to the education systems that have anti-Israel material.  Also concerns that some money could be making it's way to Hamas.  The government denies this and says “The department exercises enhanced due diligence and uses anti-terrorism clauses in partner agreements to prevent funds being diverted to terrorist groups,” he said.

Ottawa to keep sending money to Gaza as groups call for checks against terror funding (msn.com)

This is an incredible revelation.  So an anti-terrorism clause on a piece of paper somewhere is supposed to prevent funds from ending up in the hands of terrorist groups?  Sounds like typical bureaucracy that believes whatever that is written on a piece of paper will always guarantee money won't be misused.  How often have we heard that kind of thing before?

We know government regulations for the MAID (medical assistance in dying) do not stop abuse of the program and do nothing to stop people from being pressured to take MAID.   So claiming an anti-terrorism clause is in partner agreements to fund Palestinians sounds like some kind joke.

Edited by blackbird

10 hours ago, taxme said:

What right did Israel have to confiscate Palestinian land and boot the Palestinian people off their land. 

That's exactly the line all the Islamic countries and all Islamic terrorists use.  It is a false and simplistic narrative that does not tell the truth.  Islam was spread by the sword since it was started in the 7th century and has not stopped since.  It now controls much of the world.  Islam is the predominant religion throughout the middle east, north Africa, parts of southeast Asia and is growing in influence in some western countries. 

Israel was the home of the Jews going back several thousand years, long before Islam was started in the 7th century.  The Jews (Israelis) were forced out of their land by the Roman Empire 1,500 to 2,000 years ago.  The land was fought over by Christians and Muslims for centuries through the middle ages up until the 20th century until many Jews returned from the diaspora in the 20th century, after losing 2/3 of their population in Europe in the Holocaust, and re-established the State of Israel again in 1948. 

The Jews lived in their communities scattered around the world for 1,500 to 2,000 years and is the only ethnic group to maintain their culture/religion as a group over that long period of time.  They survived in spite of 1,500 years of genocide and persecution against them by most of the world.  Much of that persecution was the fault of the teachings of the established Church through that 1,500 years.  The book, God's First Love, written by an Austrian German scholar/author describes that 1,500 years of persecution.  In spite of all that, they have been able to return to their homeland and reclaim the State of Israel.  That should be considered as a miracle in and of itself.

Enough of them finally managed in the 20th century to move back to their ancient homeland and re-establish their State of Israel in 1948.  This has been recognized by the great majority of countries in the U.N. and the world.

Edited by blackbird

13 hours ago, blackbird said:

So how do you come up with your judgement that it is fiction if the cover says "Holy Bible" and nothing more?

My judgment, my reasons and the fact the pontificating of folks like you that turn the holey bible into the be all end all just turns me off.

"12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."  Ephesians 6:12

"19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20  For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." Ephesians 6:19

A piece in the National Post lays pretty bare just how obvious those pro-Palestinian marches are in their support for Hamas. The literature and words used are a celebration of the attack on innocent civilians on the part of people we have allowed into our midst. People who clearly have never adopted Canadian values and have no intention of doing so.

I remember the fuss when a proposed 'values test' for immigrants was up in place, the indignation and outrage. There is no perfect screening tool, of course, but we don't even try to keep people like his out. And as mass immigration continues they will come to outnumber us in a few decades, and then it will be their values and beliefs that will shape this nation, not ours.

Organizers did not even attempt to conceal their purposes; official protest literature stated these were demonstrations to cheer Israeli dead and praise the 'martyrs' that did it

“Last night, the resistance in Gaza led a heroic attack against the occupation…. Victory is ours,” reads the text of the social media post that prompted dozens of people carrying Palestinian flags to gather in downtown Ottawa on Sunday.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/pro-palestinian-rallies-that-explicitly-celebrated-mass-murder

15 hours ago, blackbird said:

Very convenient for you to say that.  I never spoke to you.  You came on and made an insulting statement about Christians/Bible believers to another radical anti-Christian:

Your own words speak for themselves. 

You started by insulting people with religious beliefs and then demand nobody speak to you about religious beliefs.

You say what you feel like but don't want to hear anybody else's opinion that might contradict your opinion.

Just curious... if someone does not believe in god and does not care that anyone else does.. are they anti-Christian? I have no problem with someone being religious and therefore do absolutely nothing to impede one's practicing of said religion.. just as long as they leave me alone. My guess is that with your binary thinking.. either for us or against us, you can't allow for this. 

28 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

My guess is that with your binary thinking.. either for us or against us, you can't allow for this. 

You seem to be trying to play word games.  Word games are an exercise in futility.  It accomplishes nothing and wastes a lot of valuable time.  I would suggest you just state your case as to why you don't believe in God.

Let's be clear.  I am not against you.  I realize I am not a perfect person. I am actually far from it and have lots of faults and often say things that would be better left unsaid.

But we all do that don't we.

I understand most people have very little or no knowledge about supernatural or spiritual matters.

I also understand how some people are atheists.  

Why would you or anyone be an atheist?  That's the number one question.  It doesn't seem logical.  How do you explain the existence of the universe and life?  Where did everything come from?  Why are we even here?

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You seem to be trying to play word games.  Word games are an exercise in futility.  It accomplishes nothing and wastes a lot of valuable time.  I would suggest you just state your case as to why you don't believe in God.

Let's be clear.  I am not against you.  I realize I am not a perfect person. I am actually far from it and have lots of faults and often say things that would be better left unsaid.

But we all do that don't we.

I understand most people have very little or no knowledge about supernatural or spiritual matters.

I also understand how some people are atheists.  

Why would you or anyone be an atheist?  That's the number one question.  It doesn't seem logical.  How do you explain the existence of the universe and life?  Where did everything come from?  Why are we even here?

Before I do so.. lets be crystal clear, I am not going to debate/discuss my beliefs or lack thereof after this? Why do I not believe in God? I will make it short and succinct. Because there is no evidence and i do not buy into something simply because someone says it. Second, my life experience has shown that not being religious has meant nothing when it comes to my moral code and work ethic. Came from a very poor background and have since earned a phd in economics and have a much more comfortable existence than what I came from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Because there is no evidence and i do not buy into something simply because someone says it.

It's good not to believe something without evidence.  But the fact is the universe is full of evidence of God. It's all around you in the creation.  Creation is extremely complex.  Atoms, molecules, energy didn't just appear out of nowhere.  They are very exact and had to have a designer creator.  But it's your choice what you believe.

Good that you have a phd in economics.  Sounds like you have a good existence.  Money isn't everything though.  

Not surprising there are more atheists or agnostics in the west where there is prosperity.  People think they have it all and don't need God.  What they fail to understand is according to Biblical revelation, every single person is a corrupt, fallen sinner who needs to be saved (redeemed) by Jesus Christ.  Without that, it will mean a lost eternity.  Enjoy life while you can because it is short and eternity is long.

Edited by blackbird

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It good not to believe something without evidence.  But the fact is the universe is full of evidence of God. It's all around you in the creation.  Creation is extremely complex.  Atoms, molecules, energy didn't just appear out of nowhere.  They are very exact and had to have a designer creator.  But it's your choice what you believe.

Good that you have a phd in economics.  Sounds like you have a good existence.  Money isn't everything though.  

Not surprising there are more atheists or agnostics in the west where there is prosperity.  People think they have it all and don't need God.  What they fail to understand is according to Biblical revelation, every single person is a corrupt, fallen sinner who needs to be saved (redeemed) by Jesus Christ.  Without that, it will mean a lost eternity.  Enjoy life while you can because it is short and eternity is long.

precisely.. do not need religion. In the complete absence of religion.. I have risen out of poverty, earned a Phd, live a comfortable existence in Nevada, am in good health (did a 600 mile bike ride through the desert 3 years ago), and have a wife and kids. I do believe that everyone is flawed. Here is where we differ.. I do not think that religion makes a person less flawed. Its like two rocks.. one wrapped in blue and one wrapped in yellow. Same rock but different wrapper. 

27 minutes ago, blackbird said:

But the fact is the universe is full of evidence of God. I

There isn't a single scrap of it.   The voices in your head are not evidence and everything else is explained neatly by science.

Your imaginary friend is simply not needed to explain anything.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blackbird said:

... But the fact is the universe is full of evidence of God.....

For your gawds sake, can you ever stay on topic?

Your constant diversion into some biblical sermon is old, very old and tiresome, very tiresome and totally ends any credibitlty you ever had.

Even when you do, every once in a while, have a on topic revelation, it is tainted by your pontifical rantings.

You are not doing yourself, let alone your religion , any favours by your evangelical ranting.

Just stay on topic and discuss what the topic is and keep religion out of it, just like in schools.

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

There isn't a single scrap of it.   The voices in your head are not evidence and everything else is explained neatly by science.

Your imaginary friend is simply not needed to explain anything.

Have you found Jesus yet?

Those guy's keep losing him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Legato said:

Have you found Jesus yet?

yeah, he was behind the fridge. You'd think i'd know to look there first.

I always loved bill cosby's comedy routine where he claims for the first 15 years of his life he thought his name was Jesus Christ because everytime his dad came in the room it was like "JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE NOW?!?!"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

do believe that everyone is flawed. Here is where we differ.. I do not think that religion makes a person less flawed.

I never said religion makes one less flawed either.

But there is no point in explaining what it means if you don't believe in God because God is the reason it is so important.  The fact that God is and created us as the Bible says, means we are accountable to Him.

But you need to sort that out and get through the self-destructive atheist belief.

Without God there is nothing.  We are just blobs of chemicals and life has no meaning or purpose.  The existence of the universe was just a cosmic accident then. 

All of that is not common sense.  The universe is very complex.  Living cells are very complex with massive amounts of information stored in strings of data in one single cell.  There is no way this could just happen by accident.  So I will leave you with it.  You are free to believe what you wish. 

It is possible some people are simply not destined for heaven or eternal life.  I am not the judge.  God is the judge and we are accountable to Him.

The Bible says many are called but few are chosen.  If you change your mind and are interested just remember the answers are in the King James Bible and keys to eternal life. 

Edited by blackbird

9 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

My judgment, my reasons and the fact the pontificating of folks like you that turn the holey bible into the be all end all just turns me off.

Poor pumpkin, how sad that you're "turned off". 

In case you people hadn't noticed, this is a conflict between Israelis vs Palestinians. That's Jews against muslims, sure sounds like a religious war to me.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Poor pumpkin, how sad that you're "turned off". 

In case you people hadn't noticed, this is a conflict between Israelis vs Palestinians. That's Jews against muslims, sure sounds like a religious war to me.

Yeah it is isn't it.

Stopped being a religious war a thousand years ago. It was and is territory.

Edited by ExFlyer

23 minutes ago, blackbird said:

But you need to sort that out and get through the self-destructive atheist belief.

translated... to be an atheist is to be self destructive. Well, my first 46 years have proven otherwise. Also, I get the impression that you think that the only way to have a satisfying, rewarding life is to be religious. Well... 46 years down and I have a great life all in the complete absence of religion

Edited by impartialobserver

8 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

translated... to be an atheist is to be self destructive. Well, my first 46 years have proven otherwise. 

God and the Bible concerns eternity.  46 years is a drop in the bucket in eternity.  In maybe another drop in the bucket, where will you be?  Life doesn't end when the body dies.  The Bible is full of evidence to prove that.

However, I have no interest in hounding you.  As I said, you will have to decide.  Life might be good now, but there is much more than this life to consider.  

By the way, I am a fan of the U.S.  I know there are millions of Bible believers/Christians there who are my brothers and sisters.  I have some great books produced by American Christians.  We share many things in common in this tragic world.

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

God and the Bible concerns eternity.  46 years is a drop in the bucket in eternity.  In maybe another drop in the bucket, where will you be.  Life doesn't end when the body dies.  

However, I have no interest in hounding you.  As I said, you will have to decide.  Life might be good now, but there is much more than this life to consider.  

By the way, I am a fan of the U.S.  I know there are millions of Bible believers/Christians there who are my brothers and sisters.  I have some great books produced by American Christians.  We share many things in common in this tragic world.

And I believe that life ends when the body does. So why not make the best of what I have? To be an atheist automatically means that one is self destructive according to you.. who knew that you were so funny. 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

And I believe that life ends when the body does. So why not make the best of what I have? To be an atheist automatically means that one is self destructive according to you.. who knew that you were so funny. 

Not according to me.  According to the Bible which was inspired by God.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Not according to me.  According to the Bible which was inspired by God.

being that I do not believe in it.. that means nothing. There are things that you do not believe in and no matter how many times I repeat it, you would not change your mind. How is that any different? Think about this one hard...