Climate crisis is a farce.

taxme

4 minutes ago, cougar said:

If one does not believe human caused climate change is happening at this point, they should seek immediate doctor's attention.

I would agree that man's activities on Earth have had an impact on the climate. I think the relevant questions are 2.

1. To what degree is man's activities altering the planet's climate?

2. What's the "best" way to address this?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

Sorry to have to tell you, but you have absolutely no argument or facts. 

ROFLMAO - sorry to tell you but i literally gave an argument with facts :) -  this would go faster if you'd stop being stupid.

Fossil fuels are the mainstay of the whole world and are used not only as an energy source for millions of vehicles, trains, planes, ships, etc., but for the manufacture of many things that we take for granted including food production.

And? So was coal in it's day.  So was wood in it's day.

The fact that it's the best we've got right now does not make it good. 

There is no evidence or possibility that fossil fuels will be disappearing anytime soon. 

Oh really.  You're of the opinion that they're infinite and will never possibly run out. no evidence that their isn't an endless supply  :)  

Sure kid, There's an infinite supply of oil, the world will never run out :)  HAHAHA - well glad you were here to show us what a 'factual' argument looks like :)  

And i note you couldn't address any of my other points.

Fossil fuels suck. They're dirty, we damage the planet harvesting them, they are a finite resource, they create a lot of pollution.  Those are undisputable facts.  They're the best we have right now for many things but that will change and as it does we'll transition .

That's pretty simple.

Hey - i hear that the bible is one of the most printed books in history, maybe we could burn all of those for energy, should last a long time! :)   LOL!!

Edited by CdnFox

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. To what degree is man's activities altering the planet's climate?

2. What's the "best" way to address this?

1.  To a SCARY degree !

2.  I know the best way.  It does not work with the very foundations of Capitalism though.  So the best way will not be followed.  Rather , we will be waiting for everything to collapse around us.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Don't be silly.  Excesive carbon in the air isn't healthy.  And neither are the pollutants that go along with it,

If we can produce our power without creating those things it's better.  we should do that. Right now we don't have the tech to do that economically nor do we have the political will globally,  As that changes, we should look at switching.

Of course climate change is real. It has been real since the very first day. It will be real if humans all die tomorrow. I'm sure we play a role

But hyping it up that we're all going to die tomorrow is beyond assinine, and pretending it doesn't exist at all is equally so.  It does, it makes sense to switch to cleaner power as those options become available down the road, and to reduce pollution in general, and to adapt to the changing climate in the meantime.

Lets keep it in perspective.

Where has carbon hurt anyone? You are alive because of carbon. The more carbon in the air the more trees and plants will grow which means life for humans who need oxygen to live. Does any of the other alternatives to fossil fuels add carbon to the air? I don't think so. A little bit of carbon in the air that is being created by the use of fossil fuels is very little.

What you are trying to do here is that you are willing to go along with the globalist WEF elite plans of eliminating carbon from fossil fuels and prefer to go their route of going all out for electric everything. There is nothing wrong with electricity. We all need and use it every day to live and be comfortable. But why are the globalists so bent on trying so hard to end the use of fossil fuel vehicles and want to push EV vehicles?

I say that if one wants to buy an EV, go for it. Go pay the high price of buying an EV.  I see no harm in myself wanting to continue to drive a vehicle that runs on fossil fuel. My fossil fuel vehicle is not hurting the environment, but on the contrary, it is helping the environment by producing carbon into the air which in the end helps me to breath in oxygen for my survival. 

And don't try and convince me that because of the use of fossil fuels is the main reason why we are seeing today more fires and floods. Fossil fuels are not causing all those fires and floods. But something or someone sure as hell is as far as I am concerned. In the Maui fires all the water was turned off and the people were unable to access water to try and fight the fire in Maui. Seems a bit suspicious looking, don't you think? To me it does. ?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cougar said:

1.  To a SCARY degree !

2.  I know the best way.  It does not work with the very foundations of Capitalism though.  So the best way will not be followed.  Rather , we will be waiting for everything to collapse around us.

So you're convinced 'the sky is falling'? Why? None of the previous predictions have ever been accurate. Nothing is collapsing except the economy. Here we use rather clean means of power generation. But has it been reasonable to drive the cost of transportation so high it drags the rest of the economy down with it? Has that been wise? Effective?

Wouldn't it be a better use of resources to allow the fossil fuel industry to flourish and use the windfall of tax funds from it to fund green power generation research for something that can actually function reliably and cost effectively?

What we've done is panic in the face of...unreliable doomsday predictions. Its back-asswards.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2023 at 12:08 PM, Nationalist said:

Gore deserves public ridicule and perhaps jail for the crap he's caused.

The Climate Religion worships death. They promote ideas like, 'too many people on the planet'. They have sold-out to a lifeless lie and used it to throw the population into a panic of fear.

Its rather obvious that we can research and find a stable and reliable energy alternative, instead of the imposition of  suffering. But as the saying goes...'that won't feed the bulldog'. Its not saving the planet or anything like that, these death-worshipers have as a goal. Its simple fear and death. The perpetuation of suffering. THAT is what this is all about.

I am hopeful that these cult members get what they well deserve in short order.

Al Gore once said many years ago that by the year 2020, Miami will be under water thanks to global warming. I was in Miami just a couple of years ago, and surprise, Miami is still above water. Those cult climate club members liars are just that. Liars.

Sadly, there are so many here on this forum site that still believe what Gore says will happen. I will bet that those same fools would believe Gore if he told them that the sky was starting to fall down and send him money right away to help with fighting the falling debris from falling down on earth. I can believe that there are stupid people like that out there.  ?

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Where has carbon hurt anyone?

Kills thousands every year. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause serious problems even decades later.

You are alive because of carbon. ?

I am alive because of water.  But too much of that can kill someone too :)

These are just not good arguments. Nobody is saying that carbon is in and of itself a bad thing. But excess amounts can lead to issues.  Too much oxygen is the same btw.

Life exists because of balance.  We are a 'goldilocks' phenomenon - things have to be 'just right' for life to exist and thrive. Not too much, not too little. And no - more carbon doesn't mean more trees. Don't know where you got that.

the rest of your stuff is mostly mindless rambling for some reason,  But i'll address this:

What you are trying to do here is that you are willing to go along with the globalist WEF elite plans of eliminating carbon from fossil fuels and prefer to go their route of going all out for electric everything.

no, what i'm trying to say is that carbon fuels are not ideal at all.  They have many problems, they create pollution of all sorts, they're a finite resource, all the other things i mentioned.  Therefore  they are not a great solution to our energy needs. They are the best we have at the moment, but we'll come up with something better and when we do we'll transition.

That's pretty simple.

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

Al Gore once said many years ago that by the year 2020, Miami will be under water thanks to global warming. I was in Miami just a couple of years ago, and surprise, Miami is still above water. Those cult climate club members liars are just that. Liars.

Sadly, there are so many here on this forum site that still believe what Gore says will happen. I will bet that those same fools would believe Gore if he told them that the sky was starting to fall down and send him money right away to help with fighting the falling debris from falling down on earth. I can believe that there are stupid people like that out there.  ?

ya well...everything we do will have consequences. Thus, it is not impossible that man's activities have had an impact on the planet's climate...To what degree...we seem to be unable to predict accurately. Is the sky falling? No. Should we find a good way to discontinue our impact on the planet? Ya...sure. It only makes sense. BUT...

It certainly DOES NOT make sense to panic and shut down our current method of power generation BEFORE we have a reliable and cost effective replacement. That, my friend, is just blind-assed stupid.

29 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

None of the previous predictions have ever been accurate. Nothing is collapsing except the economy.

I think we all need to be cognizant of the fact that a lot of foreign interests benefit greatly from our attacks on our own energy sector.

When we stop burning coal, China buys our coal up for cheap and they burn it.

When we stop using gas cars, we use batteries to power our cars, 90% of whose rare-earth minerals come from Chinese companies.

When we stop producing gas and oil, we help raise the price of gas and oil sold by foreign interests.

When we create wind farms and buy solar panels, we buy all of that stuff from foreign countries. Meanwhile, they emit 20x as much carbon as we do.

All of the proponents of the above are against nuclear energy, and foreign interests don't profit from nuclear power plants here. Hmmmmmm...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Nothing is collapsing except the economy.

This is the start of it.   Then the monetary system will collapse and then the political system.

Wait and see, because there is a good chance it happens in our lifetime.

16 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

When we stop producing gas and oil, we help raise the price of gas and oil sold by foreign interests.

Every country is experiencing the same climate related horrendous events, so all of them are trying to reduce their carbon emissions.    

If we have a moratorium on the exports of coal, oil and gas, China can buy nothing from us.

41 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It certainly DOES NOT make sense to panic and shut down our current method of power generation BEFORE we have a reliable and cost effective replacement. That, my friend, is just blind-assed stupid.

Sure. if you're going to cross a chasm it's wise to wait till the bridge is finished :)

When and as the tech allows, we'll transition. Putting energy into developing that tech is probably wise.  In the meantime, focus on what we can do which is mostly adaption and mitigation.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Where has carbon hurt anyone?

Hmm. Let's think about it:
Whenever a coal miner died of lung cancer
Whenever anyone ran their car in a closed garage
When London go so black and smoggy they were forced to abandon coal heat
When that African lake farted and suffocated thousands
Whenever there's a forest fire and you breathe the smoke
Whenever your furnace or stove doesn't burn it completely
Whenever you don't check before going into a cable or other underground vault

Yes every 6 yr old knows life is carbon based, but that makes for the stupidest argument ever against stopping climate change. Like the but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China one.......

9 minutes ago, cougar said:

Every country is experiencing the same climate related horrendous events, so all of them are trying to reduce their carbon emissions.    

1) They've been experiencing those exact same weather events for centuries. 

2) In China's mad race to reduce carbon emissions, they're creating 100x as many coal-fired plants as we had in Canada when we started attacking our own energy sector.

3) Why aren't the Chinese in a mad rush to use all of that "green tech" that they make themselves instead of buying our fossil fuels for cheap, after we transition away from them? 

If we have a moratorium on the exports of coal, oil and gas,

1) then we cripple our own economy

2) then other countries who export coal, oil and gas just get more money for everything that they sell

3) then we have to import green tech from other countries, even while our own exports are down.

China can buy nothing from us.

Our exports go down by a massive amount, and we become net importers of energy

1 hour ago, cougar said:

If one does not believe human caused climate change is happening at this point, they should seek immediate doctor's attention.

On the contrary. Maybe it is people like you, that believes that humans are the cause of global warming, should be seeking medical attention instead. If you cannot see all of the bull chit in all of this climate crisis nonsense, then you are the problem. All Gore loves suckers like you. Gore is not a multi millionaire for nothing. ?

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

On the contrary. Maybe it is people like you, that believes that humans are the cause of global warming, should be seeking medical attention instead. If you cannot see all of the bull chit in all of this climate crisis nonsense, then you are the problem. All Gore loves suckers like you. Gore is not a multi millionaire for nothing. ?

You call this bull-chit ?

Or this is all fake news?

Or maybe the word "unprecedented" in your vocabulary has some weird new meaning?

Yep, go see your doctor and do it soon.

Just now, herbie said:

1) My grandpa died of that, but that problem has been gone for years now

2) Have things gotten better now, herbie, or worse?

ScreenShot2023-09-20at1_32_46PM.thumb.png.a61626ef9a5a29b58e6c4cb3e5987525.png

... Trudeau lost a voter

When plants burn coal now they eliminate 99.9% of particulates from their exhaust

That was because of the exhaust from my car? Hmmmm.... I think you're going full leftard again.

I gotta admit, there was no such thing as forest fires in 1970... ?

Oh noes, I must have died from all the exhaust gases in my own home.

Trudeau loses voters again. I think I'm seeing a pattern.....

but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China one......

There are only 49 Chinas there, and they're building 1,000 coal-fired plants. The proper number of Chinas looks more like this...

but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) They've been experiencing those exact same weather events for centuries. 

After your very first line, you lost all legitimacy, so I cannot continue reading and responding to you.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cougar said:

After your very first line, you lost all legitimacy, so I cannot continue reading and responding to you.

You're talking about legitimacy? What's next, is Trudeau going to pontificate to us about ethics now? Will Joe Biden teach an English class? Dang, I don't know the meaning of "nexnelsrent" yet.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Kills thousands every year. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause serious problems even decades later.

I am alive because of water.  But too much of that can kill someone too :)

These are just not good arguments. Nobody is saying that carbon is in and of itself a bad thing. But excess amounts can lead to issues.  Too much oxygen is the same btw.

Life exists because of balance.  We are a 'goldilocks' phenomenon - things have to be 'just right' for life to exist and thrive. Not too much, not too little. And no - more carbon doesn't mean more trees. Don't know where you got that.

the rest of your stuff is mostly mindless rambling for some reason,  But i'll address this:

no, what i'm trying to say is that carbon fuels are not ideal at all.  They have many problems, they create pollution of all sorts, they're a finite resource, all the other things i mentioned.  Therefore  they are not a great solution to our energy needs. They are the best we have at the moment, but we'll come up with something better and when we do we'll transition.

That's pretty simple.

We are talking about carbon fossil fuel emissions and not carbon monoxide poisoning. 

You are alive because of the carbon in the air. Well duh. If one sits in a room with no oxygen available, yes indeed, they will die. So, what's your point?

There is no fear from having too much carbon in the air. Nature will not allow it. Nature will grow more plant and tree life, if necessary, to get rid of and suck up all of the excessive carbon in the air. There is a balance in nature that must persist the same at all times. I do not fear carbon but what I do fear are liars like Al Gore who constantly lies about a global warming crisis happening. I guess this is how Gore made his millions. By lying. ?

Well of course to you I am just rambling on. But it is IMHO that you are the one that is rambling on here with much to say about nothing. Touche. LOL. 

Life should be simple. It's just that our politicians and the lying MSM always makes the effort to try very hard to make life not so simple and tries to make life for us all miserable. Eat that, fella. 

22 minutes ago, herbie said:

Yes every 6 yr old knows life is carbon based, but that makes for the stupidest argument ever against stopping climate change. Like the but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China but China one.......

And what pray tell does any of that to do with co2. Most of that is caused by other gasses.

49 minutes ago, cougar said:

This is the start of it.   Then the monetary system will collapse and then the political system.

Wait and see, because there is a good chance it happens in our lifetime.

If the economy collapses, it will be because of our useless puppet on a string politicians that have turned our economy into a fkn mess. If they would stop blowing our tax dollars and wasting them on useless communist like programs and agendas we would be in better shape than what we are today. The government blowing our tax dollars is what is causing inflation. Not we the people. Government is the problem, not we the people.

If we had more freedom, and less government and less taxes, we could possibly be all millionaires by now. My opinion. 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

If the economy collapses, it will be because of our useless puppet on a string politicians that have turned our economy into a fkn mess. If they would stop blowing our tax dollars and wasting them on useless communist like programs and agendas we would be in better shape than what we are today. The government blowing our tax dollars is what is causing inflation. Not we the people. Government is the problem, not we the people.

If we had more freedom, and less government and less taxes, we could possibly be all millionaires by now. My opinion. 

They are probably blowing money on useless things but at the same time with the amount of ever increasing damage from climate events more and more money is needed to be spent on rebuilding roads and bridges, fighting forest fires, emergency services and rescues.  The insurance providers will likely start going under if they were to replace all property damage.  It is like fighting a war that you cannot stop and cannot win.