Pierre Poilievre, “man of the people “ LOL

35 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Yep time for JT to step aside, everyone is tired of him, including his wife. It’s hard to imagine what LPC hsd to gain by keeping him on. He never had any substance anyway, he was never more than an empty spokesmodel that LPC  just used for image and PR but that currency is spent

JT has had quite the innings. It’s remarkable how far energy, good looks, a famous name and a brass neck can get one in life. I couldn’t see anything in him at all when he was a humble MP and hoped the astronaut would win but he learned in the top job and greatly exceeded my expectations, such as they were. However, the time has come to disembark from the ship of state as a grim moment looms ahead. Better to leave all that to somebody else. PP looks in good shape for now - he has yet to break his promises. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Yep time for JT to step aside, everyone is tired of him, including his wife. It’s hard to imagine what LPC has to gain by keeping him on.

Well - they don't have a choice.  There's no party mechanism to remove a sitting prime minister.  Basically their entire party system is based on "if you lose an election you're gone, otherwise you're good".  They went through this with chretien tho obviously he was no where near as hated.

Their only real choice would be to force an election by voting against him, which they COULD do but thats obviously going to result in many of them losing their seats and why would they.  They can pressure him, cajole him, beg with him, bribe him, threaten him...  but they couldn't force him.  And i think he's determined to stay till the end. Anything could happen and you can't even have a chance to win if you're not in the game, as the saying goes

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Well - they don't have a choice.  There's no party mechanism to remove a sitting prime minister.  Basically their entire party system is based on "if you lose an election you're gone, otherwise you're good".  They went through this with chretien tho obviously he was no where near as hated.

Their only real choice would be to force an election by voting against him, which they COULD do but thats obviously going to result in many of them losing their seats and why would they.  They can pressure him, cajole him, beg with him, bribe him, threaten him...  but they couldn't force him.  And i think he's determined to stay till the end. Anything could happen and you can't even have a chance to win if you're not in the game, as the saying goes

I think it should be his call. He has earned that right but he really should go as he has become a lightning rod for dissatisfaction about the state of the nation. Even in democracies our leaders get such delusions about themselves. 

49 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I think it should be his call. He has earned that right but he really should go as he has become a lightning rod for dissatisfaction about the state of the nation. Even in democracies our leaders get such delusions about themselves. 

I personally think he's about due for his walk in the snow, but i tend to agree it should be his call.

They elected him leader, they can deal with the consequences until he loses an election. That's the way of that party.

On 7/23/2023 at 10:02 PM, eyeball said:

FFS....?

I think he's the worst PM Canada has ever had...EVER.

Yes yes I know, you guys all say that means I voted for him anyway.

Yes, I love Trudeau and I'm a liar.

You people do disbelieve me right?

?

Did the entire right wing fall on its head or something - you all seem to be suffering some form of mass hysteria.

i agree, Trudeau is probably Canada's worst PM.

35 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LOL :) Well the difference is he thinks that Trudeau is the worst ALL the time - whereas you only think so when you want to pretend not to be a liberal and then defend him the other 99,9 percent of the time :)

No, I've never voted for you. Not once.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

No, I've never voted for you. Not once.

Of course you didn't.  That would require voting conservative. And using your brain.  And having common sense.  And being able to tell your arse from your elbow. And disapproving of corruption.  And god knows you'd NEVER allow any of that.  :)

And it would require  me running for office i suppose,  but honestly i think the other things i mentioned are probably the bigger barriers :)

6 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

i agree, Trudeau is probably Canada's worst PM.

Also, give me the name of a PM who had to deal with challenges as large as COVID, the Trump presidency and foreign interference in domestic affairs.  Harper had terrorism, Mulroney had to liberalize the economy.  Chretien had Quebec and Oka.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Also, give me the name of a PM who had to deal with challenges as large as COVID, the Trump presidency and foreign interference in domestic affairs.  Harper had terrorism, Mulroney had to liberalize the economy.  Chretien had Quebec and Oka.  

Ah there it is. The skirt of The Rona to hide behind. 

How's it smell behind that skirt Mike?

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Calling my argument a skirt, and asking how it smells is not a response.

Aye...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/443061/number-of-deaths-in-canada/

At the top of the page is a graph showing the death rate in Canada. Show me the drastic spike in the death rate please. This graph depicts an aging society, not a pandemic that killed millions. So Mike...you can quit hiding behind the skirt of The Rona, any time now.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Calling my argument a skirt, and asking how it smells is not a response.

Aye...

It is a response.  And if it isn't then neither was that.

Covid is a skirt. Lets not forget that the vast majority of the debt he racked up had nothing to do with covid.  Covid isn't why he ignored repeated warnings  from agencies such as the passport office that they desperately needed to use websites to improve service or when covid ended there'd be a disaster.   Covid didn't "Force" him to create the utterly failed 'arrivecan' app.  Covid didn't cause him to reduce funding to the provinces.

Covid didn't make him bring in immigrants faster than we can build homes and have them live on the streets and create a housing crisis.

Covid was 2 years out of the 7 years he's been in power.  It sure as hell doesn't excuse the unmitigated disaster we face today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/443061/number-of-deaths-in-canada/

At the top of the page is a graph showing the death rate in Canada. Show me the drastic spike in the death rate please. This graph depicts an aging society, not a pandemic that killed millions. So Mike...you can quit hiding behind the skirt of The Rona, any time now.

Whatever your crackpot stats say, it was a huge crisis.  The response was widely supported.

Somebody please remind me to stop responding to ignored moonbat posters who try to claim COVID didn't exist...

I should never be that bored.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Whatever your crackpot stats say, it was a huge crisis.  The response was widely supported.

Somebody please remind me to stop responding to ignored moonbat posters who try to claim COVID didn't exist...

I should never be that bored.

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said the death rate does not support the fear and panic that was generated and that the measures taken were WAY over the top.

Edited by Nationalist

47 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Unwarranted Impacts...for the most part. Over the top actions, reactions and consequences.

Impacts that myriads of experts in all fields warned them about but they chose to demonize and ignore because there were $billions$ to be made off of stoking fear and hatred and massively exaggerating the risks.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Impacts that myriads of experts in all fields warned them about but they chose to demonize and ignore because there were $billions$ to be made off of stoking fear and hatred and massively exaggerating the risks.

Exactly. To hell with the population. 

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Robert Borden, and WWI, Mackenzie king and WWII, there two , i guess we could also count the Korea war, all would make the covid crises look like a picnic. This country has faced many different things that would surpass covid. I mean Justin threw money at it until citizens thought he did a good job.... i suppose you could make shit taste good if you spent well more than 700 bil on it...

my point being even if we give kudos to justin for handling covid, he is still the WORST PM ever... thats not just forum members saying it, there are dozens of sites quote those very words.

Ranking Canada's best and worst prime ministers - Macleans.ca

Trudeau voted worst Canadian in 'unscientific' online poll | CBC News

These are Canada’s best (and worst) prime ministers: survey (thestar.com)

• Thanks 1