Jump to content

CRTC considering banning Fox News from Canadian cable packages


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You can't be critical of The Golden One and just stay on TV forever. There has to be a price, right? 

there was a time when I wouldn't have thought it to be plausible

but after the Trudeau government claimed that the freedom convoy

was a Republican plot to overthrow the government

I wouldn't put anything past them

this is the kind of crazy things that the governments say in places like Venezuela or Cuba

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

How else do you get television or internet at home?

You set up a communist TV broadcast society. Not that yo could today with people's piggy attitudes. Why shold I have to pa $50 a year for other people to get 31 channels OTA, I can afford cable for $160 a month....

They did that here in 1974 when people were leftist communist pinko subversives qith just CBC after they lied and said the cable company would just cable downtown and everyone else would be S.O.L.
Then we heard the snivelling of the righties paying for satellite (why should I pay for yours - my satellite is only $10 a year) and they capped the budget.
Unfortunately for them, we modernized the site and with the switch to digital we could broadcast 4 channels on each cheaper transmitter.
Then guess what: a cable company suckered the gov't into a grant to pay for everything and cabled the downtown just like the founders said they wold 40 years before. F*** the public, use public money to serve as few as possible.

Hardly anyone hooked up, fortunately cable Internet is faster than DSL so the Telco bought them out. So it never has to run fibre, it can stand in front of the CRTC and claim it 'serves' high speed Internet to some of the town, so that meets their rules. Unless you live 2 miles past the city limits.

And if you don't understand that's exactly how capitalism works, you don't understand shit.

1. Provide as little as possible for as much as possible.
2. it is immoral to leave money in the hands of a fool.
3. Fools are easier to create than customers.

Edited by herbie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

That doesn't mean they are considering banning FOX.

Of course it does. 

What you're proposing is that they dismissed the idea out of hand and that's clearly not the case. They took that accusation and moved fwd on it, the the extent mentioned. 

FYI 'considering it' doesn't mean "They made up their mind."

It could just be a show trial. Leftists love that now. What's better than a kangaroo court? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Did they really do that? Do you have a link? I never heard of that before...

that was the whole point of the Liberals seizing the donations to the convoy

they claimed it was all Republican funded

I'll have to dig to find the video, it doesn't come up on google, probably suppressed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

wow, every time I find the link to the video of David Lametti claiming that it was all funded by Republicans

it's been deleted

Google searches are notorious for showing you everything but the exact thing that you type in.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Google searches are notorious for showing you everything but the exact thing that you type in.

well anyways, the Liberals claimed the convoy was trying to overthrow the government

and it was all funded by "millions of dollars" donated by Republicans

but the video of David Lametti making that claim seems to have been erased from the internet

man, it is creepy living in Canada now

it feels like we are behind and iron curtain

Justin Castro's Cuba North

  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, herbie said:

You set up a communist TV broadcast society. Not that yo could today with people's piggy attitudes.

What are you saying?  Do you want a Communist tv system?

 

44 minutes ago, herbie said:

They did that here in 1974 when people were leftist communist pinko subversives qith just CBC after they lied and said the cable company would just cable downtown and everyone else would be S.O.L.

What are saying here?  

 

46 minutes ago, herbie said:

Then we heard the snivelling of the righties paying for satellite (why should I pay for yours - my satellite is only $10 a year) and they capped the budget.

I don't think anything like that ever happened.

47 minutes ago, herbie said:

Then guess what: a cable company suckered the gov't into a grant to pay for everything and cabled the downtown just like the founders said they wold 40 years before. F*** the public, use public money to serve as few as possible.

You sound like you're making a lot of stuff up.  This sound like fiction.  Why would government give money out like that?

 

49 minutes ago, herbie said:

Hardly anyone hooked up, fortunately cable Internet is faster than DSL so the Telco bought them out. So it never has to run fibre, it can stand in front of the CRTC and claim it 'serves' high speed Internet to some of the town, so that meets their rules. Unless you live 2 miles past the city limits.

No, I think the telephone company, at least in B.C. has always owned the telephone lines and cables.  It did not need to buy any cable internet from any other company.   The telephone company provides service to areas that have enough population.   How can the phone company provide high speed internet to remote villages when it costs hundreds of millions of dollars to run cables into remote areas and build infrastructure?   That has always been the problem. 

55 minutes ago, herbie said:

And if you don't understand that's exactly how capitalism works, you don't understand shit.

1. Provide as little as possible for as much as possible.

Why would you want to pay for a handful of people in some remote village to have high speed internet?  But you will be paying if the lefties and NDP have their way.  They would spend billions of dollars to build infrastructure to provide high speed internet to every remote FN village with a handful of people.  

Capitalism is the best system in the world.  It is what made western countries prosperous.   Just look at what people in the west own compared with the rest of the world.  Communism never worked and never will.  Communism goes against human nature because it rewards laziness and takes from those that work hard to innovate and produce something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Google searches are notorious for showing you everything but the exact thing that you type in.

thing is, by firing Tucker Carlson and running a smear campaign against him

Fox is basically announcing that they are falling in line with the rest of the corporate media

hence Fox is not worth watching anymore anyways

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

well anyways, the Liberals claimed the convoy was trying to overthrow the government

and it was all funded by "millions of dollars" donated by Republicans

https://ottawasun.com/news/national/trudeau-minister-threatens-to-seize-accounts-of-pro-trump-convoy-donors

I didn't see anything about an overthrow, but he was accusing Americans of donating millions. 

It stands to reason that he made a stupid accusation at some point, being a leftist and all, but I didn't find it yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dougie93 said:

thing is, by firing Tucker Carlson and running a smear campaign against him

Fox is basically announcing that they are falling in line with the rest of the corporate media

hence Fox is not worth watching anymore anyways

I found it weird that they were all quiet on the topic when it happened. They wouldn't even mention it.

If they don't find that "newsworthy", their news isn't worth viewing imo. I don't PVR anything from Fox anymore. Not even Brett Baier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I found it weird that they were all quiet on the topic when it happened. They wouldn't even mention it.

If they don't find that "newsworthy", their news isn't worth viewing imo. I don't PVR anything from Fox anymore. Not even Brett Baier. 

I don't have cable, I just watch clips on youtube

I'm actually surprised that Tucker lasted as long as he did

it's too bad Tucker didn't get his Canada documentary done

he was going to run a program on the massive suppression of civil rights in Canada

but that's been cancelled now

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

https://ottawasun.com/news/national/trudeau-minister-threatens-to-seize-accounts-of-pro-trump-convoy-donors

I didn't see anything about an overthrow, but he was accusing Americans of donating millions. 

It stands to reason that he made a stupid accusation at some point, being a leftist and all, but I didn't find it yet. 

I didn't mean to say that they put it all in one video

but the Liberals claimed that the convoy was trying to overthrow the government

while Lametti was claiming that it was all funded by Republicans

https://legionmagazine.com/en/freedom-convoy-an-extremist-attempt-to-overthrow-government-says-official/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the government is only in power so long as they hold the confidence of the house

if protests cause that confidence to be lost,

then either the PM is replaced, or there is an election called

How dare you question our royal couple

ScreenShot2023-05-04at10_02_34PM.thumb.png.e7400c34d08f6dcdf69d92b8e766253f.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I can't even imagine Jagmeek breaking ranks with Trudeau. Won't happen, ever. 

well the NDP did prop Pierre Trudeau up back in the 70's too

I mean, it is legitimate in a Westminster Parliament to form a coalition

but it's more that the NDP is basically in lockstep with the Liberals now

that was never the case before

this is the brilliant move by the Liberals

they outflanked the NDP by beating them at their own game

the Liberals went so fat left, they rendered the NDP irrelevant

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Did they really do that? Do you have a link? I never heard of that before...

Oh yeah - there was a bunch of that in variying degrees.

Here's one:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8602177/freedom-convoy-protest-us-far-right-support/

“It’s so incredibly scary and disappointing,” he told Global News in an interview from Chicago.

“There’s a group now within the Republican Party that … is willing to go cross what I consider to be a red line — and that red line is to be promoting disruptive activity in our neighbour, friend and allies’ backyard,” he said.

 

An of course the  CBC claimed that the convoy was more than 50 percent funded by republicans from the us, and that  it was a us driven thing. Of course it later turned out there was no such funding.

It was even the russians at one point but mostly it was the Americans.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Did they really do that?

that's exactly what I said at the time

I wasn't opposed to the vaccine, I wouldn't have protested that

I wasn't paying much attention to the convoy when it was just getting going

it was just the insane reaction of the government and media

not just telling lies, but telling absurd ridiculous lies

that's when it became Cuba North

because that's exactly how the Cuban government reacts to protests

every protest in Cuba is claimed to be some sort of American plot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

If they don't find that "newsworthy", their news isn't worth viewing imo. I don't PVR anything from Fox anymore. Not even Brett Baier. 

I've never actually watched Fox news, I never had it on my cable package, I never paid any attention to it

the only reason to watch Carlson

was that he allowed alternative views on his show

and he was highly critical of the corrupt & failing establishment, both Dems & GOP

which is obviously why they fired him, which is why I never watched Fox news in the first place

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't think the NDP need any help to be irrelevant lol

Funny enough - it wasn't that long ago that the ndp WAS actually relevant even in majority gov'ts.

They were great at exposing bullcrap on BOTH the liberal and conservative gov'ts of the day, raising social issues that really did need discussion, etc. They were often called the parliaments "Conscience' - they didn't stop you from doing things but they made you think about it.

Thats gone of course.

And they used to be relevant when there was a minority. Very much so.  That's gone of course.

But yeah the did do most of that to themselves with no help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,753
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Matthew
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • paradox34 went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Venandi earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • DUI_Offender went up a rank
      Proficient
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...