Jump to content

Robert Kennedy Jnr 2024


Recommended Posts

He reminds me of Eugene McCarthy. In March 1968 in New Hampshire, Johnson - a sitting president - got only 50% of the vote in a primary. Johnson then resigned.

IMHO, he is not like Ted Kennedy in 1980 against Carter.

America  is a country full of surprises. As Stephen Harper has noted, America has a wonderful way to solve its problems, resurrect itself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, August1991 said:

He reminds me of Eugene McCarthy. In March 1968 in New Hampshire, Johnson - a sitting president - got only 50% of the vote in a primary. Johnson then resigned.

IMHO, he is not like Ted Kennedy in 1980 against Carter.

America  is a country full of surprises. As Stephen Harper has noted, America has a wonderful way to solve its problems, resurrect itself.

A lot of talk, a lot of buzz about and around him over the last few days - much of it positive. Expect to see the Empire striking back soon.

Currently polling @ 19 and 21%. Looking forward to the next one.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The US Federal debt is denominated in US dollars - the Chinese hold US bonds.

Unlike Canada where our provincial governments have obligations/promises, most US states are good.

====

In Canada, our provincial governments have made promises to people - these promises will not be kept. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2023 at 6:42 AM, NYLefty said:

I would of course vote for him over any .... ANY Republican but his anti vaccine stance is a bit concerning 

This is my concern as well. 
In the 1990’s, he was concerned that thimerisol in vaccines could cause autism, but that was studied, disproven, and the thimerisol preservative was removed from the vaccines anyway. If he just dropped it from there, that would be ok, but he kept at it through the Covid pandemic and it makes me distrust his judgement. I won’t vote for him.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, Rebound said:

This is my concern as well. 
In the 1990’s, he was concerned that thimerisol in vaccines could cause autism, but that was studied, disproven, and the thimerisol preservative was removed from the vaccines anyway. If he just dropped it from there, that would be ok, but he kept at it through the Covid pandemic and it makes me distrust his judgement. I won’t vote for him.  

To my knowledge, Robert F. Kennedy Jnr is not anti-vaccination.

Rather, he correctly questions whether a specific vaccine works.

======

As a Canadian, I admire his understanding of people, and this world. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, August1991 said:

To my knowledge, Robert F. Kennedy Jnr is not anti-vaccination.

Rather, he correctly questions whether a specific vaccine works.

======

As a Canadian, I admire his understanding of people, and this world. 

 

TBH, I don’t see any difference between the two stances. Questioning by studying and learning is a good thing. Questioning by making a political speech filled with rhetorical questions which propose an answer is not “questioning,” it’s avoiding culpability and responsibility. Same thing that Tucker Carlson does all the time: “Shouldn’t we be asking: Don’t vaccines murder babies and the government covers it up?”

 

An RFK Jr. Quote about the Covid vaccine:

“Even in Hitler’s Germany, you could cross the Alps to Switzerland,” he told a crowd of flag-waving anti-vaccine enthusiasts at a “Defeat the Mandates” rally. “You could hide in an attic like Anne Frank did.”

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

Rebound,

It is for you Americans to decide your politicians.

I have been to America on several occasions. What has always struck me is that you people have no one else.

You are welcome to share your opinions, and I respect them. 
 

I am not “you Americans,” I am myself. My personal opinion is that RFK Jr. is not the best choice for President because the views he expresses on vaccinations are not grounded in medical science.  As I said, I agree with questioning things but I do not agree that using questions to make statements is a way of questioning. It is a way of making a statement without taking responsibility for it and without claiming your statement is truthful.  
 

For instance: “Isn’t it true that you got drunk and beat up your wife and children?” This is not a question, it’s a statement hiding as a question, so that I can just say, “Oh, I never accused anyone of wife beating, I’m just asking questions.” 
 

“Shouldn’t we question the vaccines?”

”Shouldn’t we question the voting machines?”

These are not questions. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2023 at 9:07 AM, Rebound said:

.....

I am not “you Americans,” I am myself. My personal opinion is that RFK Jr. is not the best choice for President because the views he expresses on vaccinations are not grounded in medical science.  As I said, I agree with questioning things but I do not agree that using questions to make statements is a way of questioning. It is a way of making a statement without taking responsibility for it and without claiming your statement is truthful.  
....

I am going to stick with "you Americans" because that is how you Americans typically imagine we foreigners.

Foolish people think that it is entertainment.

====

I admire you Americans.

I would prefer a contest/debate/choice between first Trump/DeSantis and then Biden/Kennedy Jnr.

You Americans have a way of doing things that - well, the rest of the world is simply jealous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, August1991 said:

I am going to stick with "you Americans" because that is how you Americans typically imagine we foreigners.

Foolish people think that it is entertainment.

====

I admire you Americans.

I would prefer a contest/debate/choice between first Trump/DeSantis and then Biden/Kennedy Jnr.

You Americans have a way of doing things that - well, the rest of the world is simply jealous.

I’ve traveled the world for decades and I don’t have the myopic vision you accuse me of. 
 

I do not think there will be a contested primary between Biden and RFK, and there’s little sign that anyone else will raise the money needed to challenge him. I don’t think Trump vs DeSantis is much of a choice, either. Both men are incredibly and dangerously extreme.  

Edited by Rebound
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DeSantis is rational and rolling back the radical left that is destroying America, at least in Florida.

Biden is a reckless warmonger who has turned over all authority to the radical left.  He is the big pharma establishment.  He represents the unaccountable union of government and corporate power.

RFK is honest and pushing back against narratives that are destroying the West. He sees the hypocrisy and destruction in Ukraine.

It’s pitiful for US democracy that Biden is being sealed off from debate within his own party because his own party doesn’t think he’s mentally fit to debate. Is this who you want as your president?

If RFK is left out of the running and Biden is handed the Democrat leadership, Trump will win the presidential election.  Given the current state of the union, he probably should.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

DeSantis is rational and rolling back the radical left that is destroying America, at least in Florida.

Biden is a reckless warmonger who has turned over all authority to the radical left.  He is the big pharma establishment.  He represents the unaccountable union of government and corporate power.

RFK is honest and pushing back against narratives that are destroying the West. He sees the hypocrisy and destruction in Ukraine.

It’s pitiful for US democracy that Biden is being sealed off from debate within how own party because his own party doesn’t think he’s mentally fit to debate. Is this who you want as your president?

If RFK is left out of the running and Biden is handed the Democrat leadership, Trump will win the presidential election.  Given the current state of the union, he probably should.

You seem to think there is a small cabal that makes all the decisions.  There is not.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Rebound said:

You seem to think there is a small cabal that makes all the decisions.  There is not.  

No, I think you’re accepting political leadership that has been bought off and is entrenched.  If you wish to dismiss legitimate criticism of government as conspiracy theory or “anti-vaxer” or fringe, that game is wearing very thin.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Biden is easy for the bureaucrats to control. He's absent minded and dumb as a stump. All he cares about is that he got to reside in the Whitehouse as POTUS. The rest is scripted for him and he botches that consistently.

RFK Jr. is the best choice the Democrats have in their stable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

No, I think you’re accepting political leadership that has been bought off and is entrenched.  If you wish to dismiss legitimate criticism of government as conspiracy theory or “anti-vaxer” or fringe, that game is wearing very thin.

You’re absolutely right, I have not bought into your conspiracy theory nonsense.  
 

Okay… unwind it for us. Go ahead. I’ll make it easy for you:


<Insert secret billionaire’s name here> has “bought off” Joe Biden to make him run because… <insert random conspiracy here> and they chose him over some potentially more winnable candidate because <insert other conspiracy here>.
 

And the billionaire Trump and DeSantis have been bought by <insert the same/a different> secret cabal, who bought them to implement their <insert secret plan>. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2023 at 2:42 AM, August1991 said:

He reminds me of Eugene McCarthy. In March 1968 in New Hampshire, Johnson - a sitting president - got only 50% of the vote in a primary. Johnson then resigned.

IMHO, he is not like Ted Kennedy in 1980 against Carter.

America  is a country full of surprises. As Stephen Harper has noted, America has a wonderful way to solve its problems, resurrect itself.

Hopefully wokeness is just a phase or America won't be solving or resurrecting its way out of a bag. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

You’re absolutely right, I have not bought into your conspiracy theory nonsense.  
 

Okay… unwind it for us. Go ahead. I’ll make it easy for you:


<Insert secret billionaire’s name here> has “bought off” Joe Biden to make him run because… <insert random conspiracy here> and they chose him over some potentially more winnable candidate because <insert other conspiracy here>.
 

And the billionaire Trump and DeSantis have been bought by <insert the same/a different> secret cabal, who bought them to implement their <insert secret plan>. 

Biden is a weak president who overcompensates for his unwillingness to take a reasonable centrist position against the radical left extreme of his party by “going toe to toe with Putin” and pouring billions into the Ukrainian bloodbath with no clear realistic goal.  He couldn’t even attempt diplomacy because he can’t forge a working relationship with Putin that could end the war.

His family appears to be in the pay of foreign governments, and like many in the swamp, he has been bought by the companies that fund party campaigns. Apart from more borrowing to spend on unaffordable programs, especially military, what has this government accomplished?

Don’t worry, if Biden is pushed through as leader by the Democrat Party, Trump will probably be president.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

American Conservative Snippet:

"As RFK Jr. pleads with liberals to safeguard the First Amendment, defend civil liberties, reject cancel culture, and defeat “lockdown liberalism,” it hardly matters what he calls himself, conservative or liberal. The urgency of his message obliges all Americans of conscience—left or right—to listen.

...

As Kennedy cautions, our current powers already possess the technology that previous totalitarian states lacked, and they are putting in place all the mechanisms to make total control possible. Programmable central bank digital currencies, vaccine passports, low-orbiting satellites and other tools make the Orwellian dystopia fathomable. The core of Kennedy’s warnings is something on which left and right should agree: The high-tech surveillance state threatens fundamental freedoms."

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Democrats are badly in need of reform. Kennedy offers a glimmer of hope.

“It’s become a war party,” Kennedy said of the Democrats. “It’s become the party of the neocons. It’s become the party of Wall Street and the party of censorship, which, I think, was, you know, antithetical to liberal values.” 
 

https://nypost.com/2022/10/23/lawsuit-reveals-vast-censorship-scheme-by-big-tech-and-the-federal-government/

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=mearsheimer+ukraine+nato&&mid=59F74002BD583C1E227659F74002BD583C1E2276&&FORM=VRDGAR

https://www.politico.com/story/2009/09/wall-street-money-rains-on-schumer-027643

Edited by Mako
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2023 at 1:42 AM, August1991 said:

IMHO, he is not like Ted Kennedy in 1980 against Carter.

America  is a country full of surprises. As Stephen Harper has noted, America has a wonderful way to solve its problems, resurrect itself.

2 reasons why Robert Kennedy is unelectable:

1) His anti-pseudovax stance was way too strong. Big Pharma and TNI are going to be just as firmly against him as the FBI and  are Trump. 

2) He completely lacks his father's charisma. He almost makes me look personable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,696
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Linda Teskey
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Yakuda went up a rank
      Experienced
    • QuebecOverCanada went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • Jeary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Gator earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Jeary earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...