Emergency Act commission

myata

3 minutes ago, PIK said:

If Trudeau only sat down with them at the start,instead of insulting them and slamming the door in their face. This could have easily be avoided. Lack of leadership at the top.

I bet you'd avoid sitting down with people who just drove across the country with F*** PIK written in 10' letters on their trucks.

33 minutes ago, PIK said:

If Trudeau only sat down with them at the start,instead of insulting them and slamming the door in their face. This could have easily be avoided. Lack of leadership at the top.

He says 

“Using protests to demand a change of policy is something that I think is worrisome."

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I bet you'd avoid sitting down with people who just drove across the country with F*** PIK written in 10' letters on their trucks.

That's his job. He wasn't in any danger. Lol

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

Watched Trudeau on the stand today.

One lawyer asked him about his comments regarding "anti-vaxxers" being racists, misogynists and anti science, asking if we should "tolerate" these people and whether those comments were appropriate for a leader of a country.

He said, "I never said that."

Yup, Trudeau denied what we all heard him say.  He walked out of Parliament and hid rather than manning up and addressing legitimate public concerns.  He really doesn’t think that the public should question draconian policies.

What we saw in Canada in February, 2022 and was confirmed by the PM and his bought media today is that Canada’s constitution isn’t strong and won’t be upheld.

Canada slid into dictatorship and there’s no evidence to suggest that this is being properly called out.  Key influencers on the American left saw it, but the Canadian public have come to accept this degraded democracy. The CTV, TorStar, and CBC coverage of the inquiry was predictably sycophantic.

In Canada you can kill yourself with government assistance more easily than anywhere else in the world, but if you protest government policy, you may be declared a criminal and lose your assets, reputation, and ability to work.  Civil liberties groups saw this but the media largely played the same game as the PM of instilling fear over exaggerated claims of extremist threats.

Your rights and property aren’t protected in Canada.  I never thought I’d see political imprisonment in Canada, yet it happened quickly and easily.  Apparently there’s no recourse either. How did people become so weak as to accept tyrannical leadership from such an intellectually weak and divisive leader?  If Pierre Trudeau will be remembered for exercising exceptional authority to combat a real national crisis, Justin will be remembered for his cowardly use of maximum emergency powers to put out a peaceful protest that could’ve easily been ended through dialogue and even-handed leadership.  Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government is ineffectual because the country is weaker and more divided.

7 hours ago, West said:

He says 

“Using protests to demand a change of policy is something that I think is worrisome."

Nothing needs to be added here. The quote sums up quite succinctly the undemocratic mentality of Justin Trudeau.

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup, Trudeau denied what we all heard him say.  He walked out of Parliament and hid rather than manning up and addressing legitimate public concerns.  He really doesn’t think that the public should question draconian policies.

What we saw in Canada in February, 2022 and was confirmed by the PM and his bought media today is that Canada’s constitution isn’t strong and won’t be upheld.

Canada slid into dictatorship and there’s no evidence to suggest that this is being properly called out.  Key influencers on the American left saw it, but the Canadian public have come to accept this degraded democracy. The CTV, TorStar, and CBC coverage of the inquiry was predictably sycophantic.

In Canada you can kill yourself with government assistance more easily than anywhere else in the world, but if you protest government policy, you may be declared a criminal and lose your assets, reputation, and ability to work.  Civil liberties groups saw this but the media largely played the same game as the PM of instilling fear over exaggerated claims of extremist threats.

Your rights and property aren’t protected in Canada.  I never thought I’d see political imprisonment in Canada, yet it happened quickly and easily.  Apparently there’s no recourse either. How did people become so weak as to accept tyrannical leadership from such an intellectually weak and divisive leader?  If Pierre Trudeau will be remembered for exercising exceptional authority to combat a real national crisis, Justin will be remembered for his cowardly use of maximum emergency powers to put out a peaceful protest that could’ve easily been ended through dialogue and even-handed leadership.  Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government is ineffectual because the country is weaker and more divided.

Nothing needs to be added here. The quote sums up quite succinctly the undemocratic mentality of Justin Trudeau.

it is the going down of the sun upon the last remaining offices of the British Empire

the constitutional monarchy in British North America fails to defend its subjects

lawless tyranny is not only imposed, but imposed in utter ease, with a smirk

welcome to the rebel alliance, pilgrim

8 hours ago, Goddess said:

Watched Trudeau on the stand today.

One lawyer asked him about his comments regarding "anti-vaxxers" being racists, misogynists and anti science, asking if we should "tolerate" these people and whether those comments were appropriate for a leader of a country.

He said, "I never said that."

And did he actually say that?

Prove it.

Just because something is repeated on a forum does not make it true, just makes it repeated.

Edited by ExFlyer

On 11/24/2022 at 10:43 PM, Army Guy said:

Back in the day, we had our CO vist our outpost while on exercise , were we had two prisoners from our own BN chained up to a tracked APC, chained up becasue they kept escaping, we had taken off their boots and socks so they could not run very fast, refused to take them to the bathroom becasue they kept trying to escape while taking a leak, we had led them in their t shirts and taken their belt  so they would have to run and hold up their pants at the same time. it was fall with frost on the ground, let's just say these guys were cold as shi*

wait, what ?

this was done to Canadian soldiers under arrest ?

12 hours ago, PIK said:

I would not expect a Prime Minister to negotiate with protesters

the protest was not impeding the government

the "blockade" was contained to a very small area

so If I was advising the Prime Minister, I would have simply said "keep calm & carry on"

eventually the protest will run its course and peter out on its own

but Trudeau was provoked

he was humiliated on the international stage

and he obviously felt like his leadership was threatened

could the caucus vote him down and replace him with Crystia Feeland waiting in the wings ?

and so he panicked

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Prove it.

Just because something is repeated on a forum does not make it true, just makes it repeated.

I think Trudeau said it clearly enough and I partially agree with John Ivison's take on it.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-ivison-trudeau-and-other-partisans-should-rein-in-the-rage

As a vaccinated person, I have very low reserves of sympathy for the unvaccinated — this is not like refusing to wear a seat-belt; it’s more comparable to driving drunk.

But I worry about the lack of moderation creeping into our public life. The worst offenders are the populists on the right who subordinate science, the rule of law and the legitimacy of our institutions to tribalism and rage.

However, Trudeau’s “misogynists and racists” outburst is ever more typical of the illiberal left — and of his government in particular. There is little tolerance for anyone who dissents from the Trudeau Liberals’ vision.

Where I part with Ivison's take is that what Trudeau said needed to be said and while he could easily enough insert an apologetic regret for it in hindsight he shouldn't try to back-peddle it either.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:43 PM, Army Guy said:

The event is over, but it should invoke discussion until we take away some lessons learned. 

this protest was simply the canary in the coalmine moment

much greater upheavals are to come

Canada's once civil society will now tear itself to pieces as the the rule of law itself collapses

"this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

~Winston Churchill

On 11/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, Goddess said:

It's hurting us all, but Ontarians do. not. get it.

why do think we in Ontario have any control over this ?

I went to protest at Queen's Park

and in fact,  the response from Ontario was quite orderly & proper

Doug Ford never called out the riot squad

the Toronto Police did not try to stop us; quite the opposite

they were very friendly,  professional, assisting the protest to carry on peaceably

the entire atmosphere was very positive, inspirational, uplifting,  it was honestly fun

furthermore, Doug Ford was rather responsive to the protests

the mandates in Ontario being dropped in the face of them, within 14 days

everything under the control of Ontario

actually proceeded exactly as it is supposed to, without a hitch

where is Justin Trudeau from ?

where is Crystia Freeland from ?

not Ontario

Edited by Dougie93

23 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

there were no water cannon, rubber bullets or tear gas.

There most certainly was.

A reporter from Rebel News got hit in the leg with one of the tear gas canisters.  There's film of tear gas being used against protesters.

I realize you don't know this because the MSM didn't show any of it and the Ottawa police tweeted on the first day tear gas was used, that no tear gas was used.  But it's all on film.

It's scary to me how easily you believe lies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

who did Alberta elect as leaders ?

Alison Redford ?

Jim Prentice ?

Rachel Notley ?

Jason Kenney ?

clearly Alberta is just as much enthralled by the Laurentian Elites

I don't know about Prentice, but I know the rest of those on your list got booted out.  Redford and Notley are HATED there.

It doesn't seem to matter how many scandals and lies Trudeau gets caught up in, Ontarians won't stop voting for him.

So I disagree with you, to an extent.  It's hard to NOT vote for a Laurentian elite when that's almost all you have to choose from.

I'm hoping Danielle Smith can turn some things around.  She seems quite focused on re-vamping healthcare in Alberta right now.  If that's all she accomplishes during her time in office, it will be more than anyone else has done.

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Prove it.

That video of him saying that has been posted here over and over.  One of our French speaking members even verified that Yes, that is what he said.

Trudeau LIED about this under oath.

The same lawyer who questioned him about it, her last sentence in her closing remarks was: If there was ever a time for a Prime Minister to step down, this is it.