How is it even possible that China has three police stations in Toronto?

22 hours ago, herbie said:

And I'm of the opinion you should all drop your xenophobic and conspiracy bullshit and get down on your knees and be thankful the "MSM" exposed this so that there will be no choice other than to react.

The nonstop bullshit of posters that Trudeau should've done something about the crackhouse next door when you haven't even phoned the cops is complete nonsense.

-that was 'allegory' before you all go off subject posting about there's no crackhouse next door...

Nat Post hasn't gone full-leftard, they're not even remotely close to being considered MSM here.

MSM is The Star, CTV, CBC, Global, etc. 

16 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

They probably aren't actual police stations. They're probably "diplomatic centres" with non-uniformed agents posing as regular government reps.

They're not arresting people, but if they're gathering intelligence, and sending info back to the Chinese gov't to help make a case against these people, or seize their assets abroad, and threatening/intimidating people, they're effectively police to a great extent. 

The FBI and RCMP do a lot of threatening and intimidating where they can't get away with making arrests. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Me too, and everybody else. So how come we ended up this way despite such apparent lack of support, from Candians.

I told you about that time I was stuck at a remote...I do mean remote...rail crossing while thousands upon thousands of 'China Shipping' containers rolled on by...then stopped to my chagrin. Took a...while.

Our real owners...

NTI4NQ

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 7:37 PM, herbie said:

It's no surprise at all. I mean you 're all willing to accept the FBI has an office in Budapest because it says so on a TV show. And that Trudeau personally goes over every building and occupancy permit in the City of Toronto because of a headline.

Today the headlines were how Trudeau is weak because he hasn't spoken out that Chinese laws are not applicable int Canada, I guess because some of their readers are so damn stupid that wasn't obvious.

Do we know if the FBI has permission from Hungarian government? Why yes sir it did.

Perhaps a better question is Did the Chinese government have permission, and if not I'm sure Justin knows now, and what is he going to do. 

Either way, permission or not do you think it is right for China to have a police office in Toronto, so it can keep an eye on its citizens while here for whatever reason? how many more are there?

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

They're not arresting people, but if they're gathering intelligence, and sending info back to the Chinese gov't to help make a case against these people, or seize their assets abroad, and threatening/intimidating people, they're effectively police to a great extent. 

The FBI and RCMP do a lot of threatening and intimidating where they can't get away with making arrests. 

They're basically goons that intimidate based on the report.  They're foreign agents operating on our soil to the detriment of Canadian citizens.  They have no legal authority to arrest them on our soil.  They need to be removed.  But they will just start operating out of some consulate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Do we know if the FBI has permission from Hungarian government? Why yes sir it did.

Does it have permission for agents to run around armed and shoot people like on TV? Surely not.

The whole point is we don't even know what they exactly mean by police stations. They can't "arrest" people in Canada and if they harass Cdns they should be declared persona non grata and expelled.
That seems to be the accusation, but with no evidence given.

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2022 at 5:15 PM, blackbird said:

The National Post reports in at least one article that China has opened three police stations under a different heading in the Toronto area.

How many US FBI agents are in Canada? Heck, we allow US Border agents to check people at our airports.

=====

I see a difference between China and the US, between China and Americans.

But nowadays, I wonder about Americans and the US federal government.

Edited by August1991

On 10/4/2022 at 10:13 PM, herbie said:

Does it have permission for agents to run around armed and shoot people like on TV? Surely not.

The whole point is we don't even know what they exactly mean by police stations. They can't "arrest" people in Canada and if they harass Cdns they should be declared persona non grata and expelled.
That seems to be the accusation, but with no evidence given.

You don't know for a fact if they are armed or not, and no they would not have any powers of arrest here in Canada, but there are dozens of US police services that do coop investigation that span on both sides of the border.

The question here is not IF they have powers of arrest, but WHY they are here in the first place, i take it you did not read the article.  

1 - no, but they better not be running about armed. That would be reportable news in itself

2 - I admit, I only glanced over 'the article' as it is typical NP editorial comment not news. I did read actual news on the subject. On more reputable sources.

I do read NP every morning but as anti-Trudeau anti-Liberal editorial comment with such inflammatory headlines seems to cater to their preferred audience I skip 90% of them and look for actual news, not propaganda. Having a human turd like Conrad Black on the front page every day marks the paper as little more than a print edition of FOX news.