Russian Army collapsing - the unsurprising failure of a police-state

Moonbox

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

What a child.

Son...The TRUTH of the matter is...Russia has NOT threatened UNPROVOKED war against anything NATO. NOT ONCE! Ukraine...IS NOT a NATO nation.

Son...The TRUTH of the matter is...Hitler has NOT threatened UNPROVOKED war against anything BRITISH. NOT ONCE! Poland ...IS NOT a British  nation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Putin's use of drones and rockets against Ukraine cities is no different from Hitler's V1 and V2 attacks on London and Antwerp. 

That is just more proof that you have no integrity to debate with.  Also, I already told you about 3 others who have threatened with nukes.  

You people need to realize that Putin is not the only bad actor with the power to mess up the world.  And Moonbox, get back to me when Russia’s army actually collapses.  This thread title is hilarious…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

That is just more proof that you have no integrity to debate with.  Also, I already told you about 3 others who have threatened with nukes.  

You people need to realize that Putin is not the only bad actor with the power to mess up the world.  And Moonbox, get back to me when Russia’s army actually collapses.  This thread title is hilarious…

Putin invaded Ukraine, Putin invaded Ukraine. Putin is using drones and rockets as terror weapons against civilians. You accuse Trudeau of being a fascist because of the EMA where on one got hurt and give Putin a pass on indiscriminately carrying out terror tactics on civilians. You are effing pathetic. 

• Thanks 2

Who else? Did they threaten anything other than retaliation?  That's just how M.A.D. works.  Nobody's used them since WW2 because their enemies assure them they'd use them back.  The assurance of a no-win scenario is what keeps villains from actually doing it.  You only want to talk about these people though, because Putin is stronk good guy!

You people need to realize that Putin is not the only bad actor with the power to mess up the world.  

There's lots of bad actors in the world, yes.  This thread was about how bad/delusional Putin is though, but thanks for clarifying.    

And Moonbox, get back to me when Russia’s army actually collapses.  This thread title is hilarious…

Oh I'll make sure to ping you.  What's really hilarious is that you still think things are going "according to plan" when Russia had to institute their first draft since WW2 against....Ukraine!  The sad Russian army hasn't moved forward in months, has lost territory and now resorts to spiteful civilian bombing because they're not capable of accomplishing anything else.  ?

Here's a video that I'm certain Nationalist, Sharman or DoP will not watch. 

But it highlights what a tactical nuke is and why it's not good strategy to use them. 

You're essentially destroying the landscape you hope to occupy. AND with the competence of the Russian army to-date, it's unlikely they'll achieve a tactical advantage on a Nuclear battlefield. 

As for Strategic Nukes, sure if Putin nukes London or Paris or New York or Toronto that's the beginning of a MAD scenario. But no one except Putin Appeasers are thinking that's a realistic outcome. 

Edited by Boges

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Here's a video that I'm certain Nationalist, Sharman or DoP will not watch. 

I'm already subscribed to his channels. Simon has lots of great content but he's not an expert by any means. I'm surprised you had no concept of what a tactical nuclear weapon is.

As I've already stated, Putin will not be nuking Ukraine if it comes to their use. Far more likely would be a multi-megaton detonation in space over Western Europe creating an electro-magnetic pulse. Nothing electronic would be functioning unless heavily shielded or based on pure mechanical analogue technology. That is: a physical switch (et al) rather than a button sending a signal. It would take months if not years to repair all the damage. Meanwhile, our cashless society would fall to pieces worse than it already has.

America...France, UK can do their own EMP attacks on Russia but they'll not be nearly as effective as Russia is still heavily using analogue technology even though more modern methods are available to them. Odd, hey?

What Simon missed in this video was the existence of the N-Bomb which as you might recall is a 'tactical nuke' that uses a low yield device to produce excessive amounts of ionizing radiation. People gone...buildings all standing...no significant fallout. N-Bombs are not very effective against military targets as most APCs, AFVs etc are NBC capable these days no matter Simon's assertion that Russia has no capability to operate on the nuclear battlefield.

NukeMap by Alex Wellerstein is quite handy for seeing the general effectiveness of various yield weapons for both ground and air-bursts. Ground bursts are less likely these days...very dirty...tons of fallout. Air-bursts can be very precise at having bomb detonation at the proper height so the actual fireball doesn't touch the surface. One still gets blasted and burned...just from above. Give it a go.

Finally, I'll point out the possible existence of devices called salted weapons...cobalt bomb in popular lexicon. These weapons are not for launching or dropping on your foe. A nation would in theory build one in a secure area away from the action and in an existential scenario would be detonated as a 'last laugh'. The idea is to use a big hydrogen bomb encased in cobalt that simply goes off and pumps unbelievable amounts of the radioactive isotope cobalt-60 into the upper atmosphere...On The Beach in real-life. The half-life of cobalt-60 is such that even those in long-term shelters will have long since eaten their last can of beans by the time is is barely safe to return to the surface to inspect what little remains. Israel is one of the prime candidates for possibly having built one (Shimon Peres Negev Nuclear Research Center in Dimona). But Russia certainly has the capability. They've a similar device in their Poseidon torpedo which is also a 'getcha later' weapon. 

Upshot Knothole Climax (61 kiloton yield) showing the precision available in the 1950s to detonate at just the right height. They've only improved in accuracy...

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm already subscribed to his channels. Simon has lots of great content but he's not an expert by any means. I'm surprised you had no concept of what a tactical nuclear weapon is.

As I've already stated, Putin will not be nuking Ukraine if it comes to their use. Far more likely would be a multi-megaton detonation in space over Western Europe creating an electro-manetic pulse. Nothing electronic would be functioning unless heavily shielded or based on pure mechanical analogue technology. That is: a physical switch (et al) rather than a button sending a signal. It would take months if not years to repair all the damage. Meanwhile, our cashless society would fall to pieces worse than it already has.

America...France, UK can do their own EMP attacks on Russia but they'll not be nearly as effective as Russia is still heavily using analogue technology even though more modern methods are available to them. Odd, hey?

What Simon missed in this video was the existence of the N-Bomb which as you might recall is a 'tactical nuke' that uses a low yield device to produce excessive amounts of ionizing radiation. People gone...buildings all standing...no significant fallout. N-Bombs are not very effective against military targets as most APCs, AFVs etc are NBC capable these days no matter Simon's assertion that Russia has no capability to operate on the nuclear battlefield.

NukeMap by Alex Wellerstein is quite handy for seeing the general effectiveness of various yield weapons for both ground and air-bursts. Ground bursts are less likely these days...very dirty...tons of fallout. Air-bursts can be very precise at having bomb detonation at the proper height so the actual fireball doesn't touch the surface. One still gets blasted and burned...just from above. Give it a go.

Finally, I'll point out the possible existence of devices called salted weapons...cobalt bomb in popular lexicon. These weapons are not for launching or dropping on your foe. A nation would in theory build one in a secure area away from the action and in an existential scenario would be detonated as a 'last laugh'. The idea is to use a big hydrogen bomb encased in cobalt that simply goes off and pumps unbelievable amounts of the radioactive isotope cobalt-60 into the upper atmosphere...On The Beach in real-life. The half-life of cobalt-60 is such that even those in long-term shelters will have long since eaten their last can of beans by the time is is barely safe to return to the surface to inspect what little remains. Israel is one of the prime candidates for possibly having built one (Shimon Peres Negev Nuclear Research Center in Dimona). But Russia certainly has the capability. They've a similar device in their Poseidon torpedo which is also a 'getcha later' weapon. 

Upshot Knothole Climax (61 kiloton yield) showing the precision available in the 1950s to detonate at just the right height. They've only improved in accuracy...

All that drivel points to the same outcome. 

If Putin is idiotic enough to use a Strategic Nuke in Anger, he has decided their pet project in Ukraine is worth ending the world over.

Western World should allow Putin to annex large swaths of Eastern Europe. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

All that drivel points to the same outcome. 

If Putin is idiotic enough to use a Strategic Nuke in Anger, he has decided their pet project in Ukraine is worth ending the world over.

Western World should allow Putin to annex large swaths of Eastern Europe. 

I'll no longer be responding to any of your posts if you want to call what I wrote drivel. Goodbye.

13 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not a viable scenarios.  A large-scale EMP, a neutron bomb or anything like it would trigger a heavy-handed response.  If Russia detonated a large EMP over Europe, NATO would not be constrained to an EMP over Russia.  The response would be at least equal, but probably greater.  The escalation principle is one of the core tenets of MAD.

Russia's using analogue technology because they're poor, not because they're smart.  ?

Just now, Moonbox said:

Not a viable scenarios.  A large-scale EMP, a neutron bomb or anything like it would trigger a heavy-handed response.  If Russia detonated a large EMP over Europe, NATO would not be constrained to an EMP over Russia.  The response would be at least equal, but probably greater.  The escalation principle is one of the core tenets of MAD.

Yup...Russia helped write MAD. You want the most likely? Still an EMP attack. We'll be mad and nuke a bunch of Russian civilians...but you and I will be learning to do without electricity.

3 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Russia's using analogue technology because they're poor, not because they're smart.  ?

You can pretend Russians are poor and stupid if that makes you feel safer.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Yup...Russia helped write MAD. You want the most likely? Still an EMP attack. We'll be mad and nuke a bunch of Russian civilians...but you and I will be learning to do without electricity.

You know what's more likely? Nobody nukes anyone, because that'd be insane for everyone involved.  Putin's impotent bluster and your lame coping are to be laughed at, not taken seriously.  

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

You can pretend Russians are poor and stupid if that makes you feel safer.

Russia is poor.  That's not pretend, nor is it up for debate.  Nobody called them stupid.  You've implied that their low(er) reliance on electronics is intentional/planned, which isn't true.  They're poor.  They're trying to play superpower with an economy smaller than Canada's.  Do the math.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

The new commander of Russian forces in Ukraine has rarely acknowledged the pressure his troops are under due to the Ukrainian offensive, as Russia has stepped up strikes on energy infrastructure.

Russia's objective is a "friendly" Ukraine , independent, ?/ "We are one people", says the new Russian commander for the state television. 

And we will bomb the crap out of you until you become more friendly.

Lot's of outlets reporting that Russians are evacuating Kherson. 

https://www.dw.com/en/russia-ukraine-updates-moscow-begins-evacuation-from-kherson/a-63484112

The head of the Russian-controlled region of Kherson in southern Ukraine says pro-Kremlin administrative officials are evacuating from the regional capital to the left bank of the Dnipro River. 

However, he said Moscow's forces would keep fighting. 

"The entire administration is already moving today," Moscow-installed regional head Vladimir Saldo, said on Russian state television. 

Kherson is one of four partially-occupied Ukrainian regions that Russia "annexed" following referendums widely judged as illegal.

He said that measure, along with the evacuation of some 40% of civilians in the region, was  was a precaution. Saldo vowed that Russian forces would stay on to fight Ukraine. 

Looks like Ukraine is about to lower the boom on Russians in this city that's supposed to be recently annexed Russian territory. 

Not a lot of info from the front-line recently which indicated the Ukrainians are likely moving into strategic position for another offensive. 

I think the Russians are just going to leave.  They've already declared martial law and they're evacuating people (forced or otherwise).  I'm not even sure they're going to fight for the city.  The last thing they want is to have a large contingent of their already stretched and demoralized forces caught on the wrong side of the river. 

On 10/15/2022 at 5:55 PM, BeaverFever said:

Thanks for confirming you’re a conspiracy kook and therefore irrelevant.

To your kook theory: 

Silverstein chaired a consortium that included GMAC insurance and which LEASED the WTC    If he wanted to profit from his investment he could have simply sold his stake rather than engage in some conspiracy with the CIA, White House, FBI and thousands of other people who would have been required to pull it off and who have left absolutely no trace of evidence after 20+ years  

The stuff about him eating there every day and being uncharacteristically  absent on 9/11 is just more of the fake “rumour” nonsense that  can neither be proven nor disproven, which conspiracists love to manufacture to make something seem suspicious. 

Sure? If you do not agree with what I wrote then it has to be a bunch of conspiracy nonsense. That old line of that is just conspiracy nonsense works well with pro globalist liberals like you. Everything that happened on 9/11 smacks of a conspiracy. 

KM Silverstein bought the towers for next to nothing because the two buildings had to remove all of the asbestos in those two buildings for health reasons, a very costly adventure. And why would anyone buy buildings like those two buildings that would cost the buyer billions of dollars to refurbish? It's cheaper to just have them both blown up and collect the insurance on them. Shortly after the KM globalist bought the building, they came tumbling down, and he then collected the insurance on the buildings just before they came tumbling down. The fix was in, folks.

After the buildings came down, all of the material was shipped off to China as fast as possible. Why? Maybe because if an investigation was allowed to proceed they would have found explosives that caused the buildings to come down. Even the fire men on the scene, after the first building was hit, they said that they heard what sounded like explosives going off in the garage/basement area. Wtf? 

Also, how convenient, but during the clean up, a passport of one of the supposed plane highjackers was found among the debris. Now why would one of the highjackers carry on him his passport if he was going to commit suicide? Hey guys, everybody have their passports on them so the authorities can tell their families back home that they are dead.? 

I think that you are the kook here for believing the possible real truth of what really happened on 9/11. There were plenty of questions unanswered by the 9/11 commission. A big cover up was in the making. Believe it or not. 

A bit of topic but I had to reply to your silly response. And no, Russia had nothing to do with the towers being brought down. I do enjoy trying to get both sides of the story, unlike you. It's fun to do so. 

What proof do you have that Russia is a police state anyway? Russia is not the same old communist Russia that we once knew. The Russian people are more free today too when they were prisoners under communism. Live with it, fella. 

On 10/15/2022 at 3:48 PM, BeaverFever said:

Oh well from your description Russia will win any day now won’t they?  Russia has damaged some infrastructure but you greatly exaggerate, especially the parts about taking down Ukraine air defences and the part about Ukraine firing a missile into Russia, which is pure BS.  

The only peace talks should be Russia talking about how quickly it will end the invasion and return home. Anything less is warmongering and will only encourage other warmongers to invade their neighbours and annex territory.  

Why do you demand Ukraine negotiate with an invader?   If you caught a rapist in your home would you negotiate which family members he should be allowed to rape in order to avoid a violent confrontation?

Russia is not losing the war at all. It is the corrupt globalist regime of Zelensky that is losing the war. You have no idea as to why Putin invaded Ukraine but I believe that I do. But you go ahead first and tell me as to why you think that Putin invaded Ukraine. The floor is now yours to speak. ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Russia is not losing the war at all. It is the corrupt globalist regime of Zelensky that is losing the war. You have no idea as to why Putin invaded Ukraine but I believe that I do. But you go ahead first and tell me as to why you think that Putin invaded Ukraine. The floor is now yours to speak. ? 

It’s been explained several times on this they and the other thread. Im not going over it yet again just because you’re a 9/11 truther crackpot who admires Putin and can’t read. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

It’s been explained several times on this they and the other thread. Im not going over it yet again just because you’re a 9/11 truther crackpot who admires Putin and can’t read. 

So, in other words, I got you, baby? You refuse to answer. If you ask me a question, I will at least try and answer. 

All I asked you was why or what do you think was the reason for Putin to invade Ukraine? Did Putin invade Ukraine to try and steal the recipe for making perogies by chance? Come on, man. Talk to me, baby. ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, taxme said:

So, in other words, I got you, baby? You refuse to answer. If you ask me a question, I will at least try and answer. 

All I asked you was why or what do you think was the reason for Putin to invade Ukraine? Did Putin invade Ukraine to try and steal the recipe for making perogies by chance? Come on, man. Talk to me, baby. ?

He said it was to de-Nazify Ukraine. ?

More likely it was to take over Ukraine an install a puppet like he had pre-2014. Which failed miserably so now his backup plan is to annex these regions he says has lots of Ethnic Russians (Right out the Hitler playbook). That's also going quite poorly. 

• Thanks 1