Another Mass Shooting

On 5/27/2022 at 6:27 PM, BeaverFever said:

Not unless you’re a criminal who thinks they need to protect themselves from other criminals. 

Don’t join a street gang in Canada and you wont need a gun for protection. Also the criminals who do have guns stills get killed so it’s questionable how much protection you have. Gun worshipers seem to forget that having a gun doesn’t make you bulletproof. 

Errr...let's put the brakes on this thought.

1. No sane person "worships" guns. Your statement is pure bullshit and only made for effect.

2. There are posters on every lightpost in my neighbourhood, warning of some people who've been breaking into cars and yards robbing people. The next step in the progression is B&E. I have been concerned about the rising level of crime in my neighbourhood for a while now. Thus, I bought my wife one of those high powered pellet guns for her last birthday. The thing looks like a 45 and will put a hole in thin plywood from across the yard. I'm also registering my whole family for gun lessons and getting them all licensed. Then I'll gift each with a "hunting rifle".

My own sons have been mugged in this neighbourhood several times by these gangs who you figure we don't need to protect ourselves from.

Frankly...I think your just full of Tweekie shit. But hey...that's just the opinion of a rational thinker so...you know...don't listen to me or those with my sensibilities. And DO NOT expect anyone to care when you get mugged.

56 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. No sane person "worships" guns. Your statement is pure bullshit and only made for effect.

I never said the gun worshipers are sane. 

2. There are posters on every lightpost in my neighbourhood, warning of some people who've been breaking into cars and yards robbing people. The next step in the progression is B&E. I have been concerned about the rising level of crime in my neighbourhood for a while now. Thus, I bought my wife one of those high powered pellet guns for her last birthday. The thing looks like a 45 and will put a hole in thin plywood from across the yard. I'm also registering my whole family for gun lessons and getting them all licensed. Then I'll gift each with a "hunting rifle".

Statistically speaking the far more likely result of your purchases will be that the burglars in your neighbourhood will soon be in possession of a new pellet gun and hunting rifles. The odds of your pellet gun and hunting rifles transforming you into a family of crime-fighting superheroes are unfortunately very  slim. 

My own sons have been mugged in this neighbourhood several times by these gangs who you figure we don't need to protect ourselves from.

So your sons are going to start walking around the streets carrying hunting rifles now?  That’s not going to work out well for them you know that right?  Its highly illegal and a great way to get shot by police. Plus some thug will probably just jump him from behind when he’s not expecting it and beat him up and take it before he even has a chance to unsling it from his shoulder. 

As usual your comments are just unrealistic dumbass fantasies that are neither sensible nor rational.

And people should not care about others getting mugged if the mugging victims are not gun enthusiasts?  More of your idiotic blather  This is the type of fascist attitude I’m talking about:  CRUELTY FOR THE HATED ONES is a cornerstone of fascist ideology. Even though you sound like a grade A asshole I would still care if you got mugged, so would most people  Fascists are the ones who go out of their way to celebrate and rejoice in the misery and pain of people and groups they hate

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

I never said the gun worshipers are sane. 

Statistically speaking the far more likely result of your purchases will be that the burglars in your neighbourhood will soon be in possession of a new pellet gun and hunting rifles. The odds of your pellet gun and hunting rifles transforming you into a family of crime-fighting superheroes are unfortunately very  slim. 

So your sons are going to start walking around the streets carrying hunting rifles now?  That’s not going to work out well for them you know that right?  Its highly illegal and a great way to get shot by police. Plus some thug will probably just jump him from behind when he’s not expecting it and beat him up and take it before he even has a chance to unsling it from his shoulder. 

As usual your comments are just unrealistic dumbass fantasies that are neither sensible nor rational.

And people should not care about others getting mugged if the mugging victims are not gun enthusiasts?  More of your idiotic blather  This is the type of fascist attitude I’m talking about:  CRUELTY FOR THE HATED ONES is a cornerstone of fascist ideology. Even though you sound like a grade A asshole I would still care if you got mugged, so would most people  Fascists are the ones who go out of their way to celebrate and rejoice in the misery and pain of people and groups they hate

Ya gits wut ya pays fer...Beave.

You wanna be a cowardly little victim...be my guest. MY family will be safe and prepared.

Survival of the fittest is a law that you limp li'l Tweenkies think is a joke. It is not. But if it takes some thinning of the gene pool to return mankind to reality and common sense...so be it.

37 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You wanna be a cowardly little victim...be my guest. MY family will be safe and prepared.

Survival of the fittest is a law that you limp li'l Tweenkies think is a joke. It is not. But if it takes some thinning of the gene pool to return mankind to reality and common sense...so be it.

Happily living and working in your bunkers thinking they make you free. 

Girl Killed In Texas School Massacre Likely Bled Out Waiting For Help.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roland-gutierrez-uvalde-school-shooting-victims-family_n_6293c3a1e4b0933e73752085.

One of 19 children killed in last week’s school shooting in Texas “likely bled out” in the more than an hour it took for law enforcement to confront and neutralize the gunman, a state senator said Sunday, citing the child’s family.

State Sen. Roland Gutierrez, who represents Uvalde, where Tuesday’s shooting occurred at Robb Elementary, said the extreme delay in first responders’ actions more than likely raised the death toll to 21.

I sat down with a parent, a set of ― a family yesterday,” Gutierrez said in an interview with CNN.

(The) mom told me that her child had been shot by one bullet through the back, through the kidney area. The first responder that they eventually talked to said that their child likely bled out,” he said. “In that span of 30 or 40 minutes extra, that little girl might have lived. That little girl might have lived.”

On 5/29/2022 at 11:51 AM, traveler52 said:

I will say this but one time and one time ONLY.

I AM NOT.....REPEAT NO A "LEFTIST/I  AM NOT A MARXIST/I AM NOT A LENINIST/I AM NOT A COMMUNIST!!!!

There is no need to insulting.  I am pround and Progressive American.  I am for very Gun Control Laws.  You have already read my post on the Training I received in the United States Marine Corps prior to ordered to Viet Nam.

FYI, the NRA did not allow Firearms on the floor of their Convention.....wonder why.

Univeral Background Checks would have kept the shooter from having in his possession two semi-automatic weapons, period end of sentence.  

I will say, no need to insulting.  If you want respect, you give respect.  If you deal crap you get crap...just saying.

You wrote: "I am proud and progressive American"/" I am very gun control laws". You then are very Marxist. Just saying, comrade. ?   

On 5/14/2022 at 1:14 PM, ExFlyer said:

I cannot understand or even come to grips with the American ethos that they are not completely enraged with te nass shootings in their country.

Another one after a NBA Game  https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/20-injured-in-milwaukee-shootings-after-bucks-playoff-game/ar-AAXgAKA?ocid=EMMX&cvid=e2c7d10e65934fe6a2407d50102ec027

Over 150 so far this year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2022

What is wrong down there??

The pos lived with his grandmother, and when the police checked out where he lived, they found 2 brand new AR 15 rifles worth around $5000, plus ammo, optics, and body armor. And the vehicle that he crashed was an F250 pickup worth around $70,000. Not bad for someone who did not work for a living. Where did he get all the money to buy all of those things mentioned above? From his grandma? The pos also liked to play trans dress up and dress up in women's clothing. 

And why was one of the doors leading into the school propped open? How interesting that this pos just happened upon this school with a school door propped open? Coincidence or a planned staged attack by who knows who? There are so many questions that needs to be answered here. Hey, we never know, eh? ?

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Lmao YOUR family will probably come home from the movies one night to find your guns stolen and now all your paranoid hero fantasies have done is arm the bad guys. My family will be just fine. 

‘Thin the gene pool to restore mankind’ eh?….there you go without fascist talk YET AGAIN. You just can’t help yourself eh? 

1 hour ago, taxme said:

The pos lived with his grandmother, and when the police checked out where he lived, they found 2 brand new AR 15 rifles worth around $5000, plus ammo, optics, and body armor. And the vehicle that he crashed was an F250 pickup worth around $70,000. Not bad for someone who did not work for a living. Where did he get all the money to buy all of those things mentioned above? From his grandma? The pos also liked to play trans dress up and dress up in women's clothing. 

And why was one of the doors leading into the school propped open? How interesting that this pos just happened upon this school with a school door propped open? Coincidence or a planned staged attack by who knows who? There are so many questions that needs to be answered here. Hey, we never know, eh? ?

CONSPIRACYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Lmao YOUR family will probably come home from the movies one night to find your guns stolen and now all your paranoid hero fantasies have done is arm the bad guys. My family will be just fine. 

‘Thin the gene pool to restore mankind’ eh?….there you go without fascist talk YET AGAIN. You just can’t help yourself eh? 

I assume you meant "with" fascist talk. Freudian slip Beave?

Were you to come under the thumb of a real fascist...you'd be kissing his ass in a matter of minutes. I've met sooo many like you. They called them "collaborators" and were publically ridiculed and exposed after the Soviet Union failed.

11 hours ago, taxme said:

Didn't he also shoot and kill his Grandmother?

26 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Didn't he also shoot and kill his Grandmother?

Indeed. Twice.

I'm not I big proponent of this 2nd ammendment. However...I'm not a US citizen and can't claim to fully understand why Americans are so gun crazy.

I believe though...that it is disingenuous to be attacking the 2nd amendment while supporting a revolving door policy for illegal gun crime in the major cities.

When the Libbies in the states are serious about both law and the 2nd amendment ... I think then the Republicans will listen. Until then...these Democrats are just hypocrites. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Indeed. Twice.

I'm not I big proponent of this 2nd ammendment. However...I'm not a US citizen and can't claim to fully understand why Americans are so gun crazy.

I believe though...that it is disingenuous to be attacking the 2nd amendment while supporting a revolving door policy for illegal gun crime in the major cities.

When the Libbies in the states are serious about both law and the 2nd amendment ... I think then the Republicans will listen. Until then...these Democrats are just hypocrites. 

Gun control has been an issue in the US for many decades, through Democrat and Republican governments.

Both parties are equally hypocritical when it comes to gun control.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Gun control has been an issue in the US for many decades, through Democrat and Republican governments.

Both parties are equally hypocritical when it comes to gun control.

This is true. 

IMO...and as a Canuck...I don't understand the idea that any citizen needs to be able to wonder into a store and buy a real gun. There should be background checks.

But their real gun problem...and ours up here...is the gang wars being carried out by criminals with illegal guns.

On 5/28/2022 at 8:14 AM, BeaverFever said:

Illegal guns smuggled in from USA where the gun laws are weak. Don’t you get it???

And in other words you admit gun control works then. Imagine if assault rifles had been completely illegal he wouldn’t have had any. 

Gun laws in the US vary state by state and in the cities. So are you saying gun control laws are working in Chicago? What always seems to be  lost is the fact that criminals don't care about obeying laws.

Chicago shootings: 46 shot, 10 fatally, in Memorial Day weekend violence across city, police say - ABC7 Chicago

There's also quite a high death toll from drug overdoses but very little protest from the left.

Drug overdoses now kill more Americans than guns; heroin, prescription opioid painkillers to blame - CBS News

11 hours ago, ironstone said:

Gun laws in the US vary state by state and in the cities. So are you saying gun control laws are working in Chicago? What always seems to be  lost is the fact that criminals don't care about obeying laws.

Chicago shootings: 46 shot, 10 fatally, in Memorial Day weekend violence across city, police say - ABC7 Chicago

There's also quite a high death toll from drug overdoses but very little protest from the left.

Drug overdoses now kill more Americans than guns; heroin, prescription opioid painkillers to blame - CBS News

Are you under the mistaken impression that theres a border around Chicago with birder guards or something? Bans of any kind only work if there’s a guarded border where the ban can he enforced. It so happens the state of Illinois is surrounded by many  states with lax gun control so it’s easy for thugs and traffickers to just go for a short drive and load up unmolested. I hear nearby Gary Indiana is a favourite destination for some perfectly legal “no questions asked” gun shopping. 

10 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Are you under the mistaken impression that theres a border around Chicago with birder guards or something? Bans of any kind only work if there’s a guarded border where the ban can he enforced. It so happens the state of Illinois is surrounded by many  states with lax gun control so it’s easy for thugs and traffickers to just go for a short drive and load up unmolested. I hear nearby Gary Indiana is a favourite destination for some perfectly legal “no questions asked” gun shopping. 

But it is against the law in Chicago so in theory there should be drastically fewer gun crimes. Why isn't everyone just obeying the law there?

Some states have different speed limits and when visitors from out of state drive there, they are expected to obey the laws in other states. That goes for all laws.?

You are correct that guarded borders work well. Think of the Biden inspired chaos at the southern border(where there isn't actually a border now apparently). But that's another topic.

30 minutes ago, ironstone said:

But it is against the law in Chicago so in theory there should be drastically fewer gun crimes. Why isn't everyone just obeying the law there?

I just explained why. Laws that can’t be enforced aren’t obeyed. 

30 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Some states have different speed limits and when visitors from out of state drive there, they are expected to obey the laws in other states. That goes for all laws.

Poor analogy. Speed limits are not an honour system, the law is actively and aggressively enforced with speed traps and radars and cameras.  Even law abiding drivers are targeted by the radars to confirm their speed.   Are you suggesting that gun owners and gun buyers be subjected to the same level of scrutiny?   Like cops hiding behind bushes scanning every gun owners face against a database mugshots or something?  You could be onto something 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

I just explained why. Laws that can’t be enforced aren’t obeyed. 

Poor analogy. Speed limits are not an honour system, the law is actively and aggressively enforced with speed traps and radars and cameras.  Even law abiding drivers are targeted by the radars to confirm their speed.   Are you suggesting that gun owners and gun buyers be subjected to the same level of scrutiny?   Like cops hiding behind bushes scanning every gun owners face against a database mugshots or something?  You could be onto something 

No, the point I was trying to make was about people not obeying all laws, in particular criminals. A lot of states have all kinds of differences in law. The criminals simply do not care too much and they take full advantage of states that are soft on crime, like California where it is now pretty much legal to steal up to a $950 limit. Insanity.