Another Mass Shooting

14 minutes ago, West said:

Probably because they are playing politics. Democrats blame conservatives for murdered children for simply not sharing the same views as them on the effectiveness of the measures they are proposing.  how sick must you be to believe that?

Cruz is the one playing politics. The man has zero ethics. As long as people like him keep getting elected, the body count will just continue to rise. Children aren't dying because of views, they are dying because of what people like Cruz refuse to do.

Edited by Aristides

14 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Cruz is the one playing politics. The man has zero ethics. As long as people like him keep getting elected, the body count will just continue to rise. Children aren't dying because of views, they are dying because of what people like Cruz refuse to do.

You watch way too much propaganda

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, West said:

Nice dodge. 

Your attacks on the NRA are unfounded as you can take gun safety courses such as the ones you are advocating for from the NRA. No responsible gun owner opposed responsible gun ownership. 

Predictable unfounded blame on conservatives just in time for an election.  The left wing way... pretty sick when they are being blamed for the massacre of children.. lowest form of political discourse

I made no dodge, I stated a fact.  It is you who is lying.

But I am not surprised when Conservatives lie, it is what they do when have no Cogent/Logical/Substantial/Well Thought Out Argument left to make.  The whole principal of Diadactic Exchage escapes them.

The training I outline as a Marine Recruit is true, that is training I received (that and training as an 0311 Combat Infantry Rifleman) before being shipped out to Viet Nam.

It is also true it took over an hour for Armed Police to enter the school, even as students were calling 911 for very urgent assistance.

It is also true that any person over the age of 18 can purchase a semi-automatic weapon in Texas, have be over 21-to buy a revolver or pistol.

It is also true that as much Texas ReThugs complain the mental health of shooter, the State of Texas has made very drastic cuts to mental assistance in that state. It is also true the Oranged Faced 5-Deferment Draft Dodging Coward made it a lot easier for with a history of Mental Health Problems and/or Spousal Abuse to have access to firearms.

A Universal Background Check would have prevented the shooter from buying his two AR-15 Semi-Automatic Weapons and thoe innocent children would still be alive

This what lying Cons do, ignore the facts and instead in engage in sounds bites and lies.  Cons do not know how govern, for them it is about the power.

Nice try ? epic fail.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, West said:

You watch way too much propaganda

What exactly is your objection to proper background checks and something like a 10 day waiting period? Why do you want crazies to be able to legally buy guns? What kind of propaganda do you watch that makes indiscriminate killing of kids something you will tolerate by doing nothing?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aristides said:

All that shows is a single city cannot isolate itself from a national madness.  It also demonstrates the stupidity of cities like Toronto that think banning handguns on its own will actually do anything.

It shows strict gun laws aren't working in Chicago.

For example...did you know there's an "assault weapons" ban in Chicago. Not Illinois. Chicago. And yet the murders in Chicago continue.

But speaking of Illinois weren't you the one that was going to save America from gun murders by increasing the waiting time to possess the gun after purchase?

Illinois has such laws. Like somebody said here, Illinois is the middle of the pack of state gun murders. So is Texas. Texas has instant background checks Illinois slows the process down. Neither seems to be better than the other.

8 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

It shows strict gun laws aren't working in Chicago.

For example...did you know there's an "assault weapons" ban in Chicago. Not Illinois. Chicago. And yet the murders in Chicago continue.

But speaking of Illinois weren't you the one that was going to save America from gun murders by increasing the waiting time to possess the gun after purchase?

Illinois has such laws. Like somebody said here, Illinois is the middle of the pack of state gun murders. So is Texas. Texas has instant background checks Illinois slows the process down. Neither seems to be better than the other.

How do you keep weapons outside the city limits, or even state boundaries? Even someone as dim as you should be able to ask that question.

Edited by Aristides

9 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What exactly is your objection to proper background checks and something like a 10 day waiting period? Why do you want crazies to be able to legally buy guns? What kind of propaganda do you watch that makes indiscriminate killing of kids something you will tolerate by doing nothing?

I don't. Thats the point. You people go off about nonsense and blame conservatives for everything

9 minutes ago, West said:

I don't. Thats the point. You people go off about nonsense and blame conservatives for everything

I'll tell you why, all you are concerned about is partisan politics and your culture war, dead kids just inconveniently get in the way.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I'll tell you why, all you are concerned about is partisan politics and your culture war, dead kids just inconveniently get in the way.

No I'm not the one sick enough to dance on the graves of children to score political points. 

2 minutes ago, West said:

You don't care about those kids. We both know that. If you did you wouldn't be grave dancing

Well, it won't be you taking the high road.

Bill HR8 to fill in the loopholes in the federal background checks was passed by the House a year ago. 3 Republicans were among the sponsors and 8 voted for it. The 50 Republican members of the Senate won't even let it come to a vote.

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Well, it won't be you taking the high road.

Bill HR8 to fill in the loopholes in the federal background checks was passed by the House a year ago. 3 Republicans were among the sponsors and 8 voted for it. The 50 Republican members of the Senate won't even let it come to a vote.

There are no "loopholes". Just leftists using the deaths of kids for politics. How disgusting

11 minutes ago, West said:

There are no "loopholes". Just leftists using the deaths of kids for politics. How disgusting

Wow. You really are happy with the status quo. Want to start a pool on the date of the next school massacre? You know its coming.

BTW. I posted the loopholes. Page 19, second post.

Edited by Aristides

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

Have to carry a firearm for personal protection.

Turn businesses, schools and public buildings into fortresses.

Body armour and bullet proof backpacks for kids.

Arming teachers. 

Those are the opposite of freedom.

It is amazing how many real freedoms the gun gang are willing to give up, just to prevent proper background checks so people who shouldn't have guns, can't buy them legally.

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Don't forget it wasn't always this way. There was a time when it was not anywhere near this bad. It has devolved into this over time.

There are a number of factors why a person would want to carry out a mass shooting, I would imagine. Seems like these people are psychotic and have reached an existential crisis of some kind, to the point they don't care if they die. I doubt enforcing gun registration laws would be a major barrier for them to carry out their plans.

42 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Wow. You really are happy with the status quo. Want to start a pool on the date of the next school massacre? You know its coming.

BTW. I posted the loopholes. Page 19, second post.

Sound like Democrats talking points.

Little advice for you.. if you want your position to be taken seriously don't assume the other guy wants dead children 

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Don't forget it wasn't always this way. There was a time when it was not anywhere near this bad. It has devolved into this over time.

There are a number of factors why a person would want to carry out a mass shooting, I would imagine. Seems like these people are psychotic and have reached an existential crisis of some kind, to the point they don't care if they die. I doubt enforcing gun registration laws would be a major barrier for them to carry out their plans.

I'm not talking about registration, just checks that will keep them from buying a gun in the first place. The US has 40% of the worlds privately owned firearms. They will never have  enough to fix anything, only make things worse.

Edited by Aristides

1 minute ago, West said:

Sound like Democrats talking points.

Little advice for you.. if you want your position to be taken seriously don't assume the other guy wants dead children 

I never said you wanted dead children, I say, you don't care about dead children. If it means having to work with someone who doesn't have your political views, those children are expendable.

I really wonder what it must be like to be a kid in the US right now, wondering if someone is going to walk into their school and hunt them with a rifle. Knowing that adults they look to for protection, will do nothing to stop it because fighting their political and cultural wars are more important to them.

Justice Department To Review Response To Texas School Shooting.

https://apnews.com/article/texas-school-shooting-justice-department-reviewing-response-ed6ea4160d723c2a25cde1c909d31fa7.

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — The Justice Department said Sunday it will review the law enforcement response to the Texas school shooting, an unusual federal look back prompted by questions about the shifting and at times contradictory information from authorities that have enraged a community in shock and sorrow.

Department spokesman Anthony Coley said the review would be conducted in a fair, impartial and independent manner and the findings would be made public. The announcement came as President Joe Biden was visiting Uvalde, where he and first lady Jill Biden paid their respects at a memorial to the 19 students and two teachers killed at Robb Elementary School on Tuesday.

The goal of the review, which the mayor requested, is “to provide an independent account of law enforcement actions and response that day, and to identify lessons learned and best practices to help first responders prepare for and respond to active shooter events,” Coley said in a statement.

1 hour ago, traveler52 said:

Justice Department To Review Response To Texas School Shooting.

https://apnews.com/article/texas-school-shooting-justice-department-reviewing-response-ed6ea4160d723c2a25cde1c909d31fa7.

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — The Justice Department said Sunday it will review the law enforcement response to the Texas school shooting, an unusual federal look back prompted by questions about the shifting and at times contradictory information from authorities that have enraged a community in shock and sorrow.

Department spokesman Anthony Coley said the review would be conducted in a fair, impartial and independent manner and the findings would be made public. The announcement came as President Joe Biden was visiting Uvalde, where he and first lady Jill Biden paid their respects at a memorial to the 19 students and two teachers killed at Robb Elementary School on Tuesday.

The goal of the review, which the mayor requested, is “to provide an independent account of law enforcement actions and response that day, and to identify lessons learned and best practices to help first responders prepare for and respond to active shooter events,” Coley said in a statement.

Yup Biden's gonna dance on those graves just in time for an election.