Trudeau Gets Slammed At NATO Meeting

42 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

So, what freedoms within the law have you lost?

Taxes pay for what you do want (you meaning the democratic collective you)

As for jobs lost to India, what has that to do with government and your freedoms? Why are jobs lost to India (or China or Philippines or other countries)? Could it be cheap labour and manufacturing capabilities which we don't have because companies get it done for less over there?

Nice try though :)

1. Freedom to protest. Freedom of speech. Freedom to control what goes into my body. Freedom of my personal finances. I'm sure there are more.

2. No I mean I don't want excessive taxation. For instance, these green taxes.

3. A good leader would protect Canadian workers with tariffs and taxation on companies who insist on off-shoring.

4. A great try IMO.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

that was the not the policy

the policy was that you could could speak about your experiences, what happened to you

so long as you were simply recounting what you witnessed and participated in, that was your prerogative

Personal experiences, but nothing about the military at all. 

46 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. Freedom to protest. Freedom of speech. Freedom to control what goes into my body. Freedom of my personal finances. I'm sure there are more.

Hence, Trudeau was slammed by members of foreign media and governments.

We have no moral authority left to speak about the Chinese gov't's treatment of their citizens or that of any other government. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

it was an honour & privilege to serve in the Royal Canadian Infantry Corps

I honestly would have done it for free

I actually would have paid money to do the things we got to do

it was an elite, the best small army in the world when I joined back in the 80's

it was the adventure of a lifetime, which shaped the warrior that I became

one never leaves the regiment, but feet first in a pine box

ducimus

It was an honor and privilege for me to have not served in the military. ?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

TBH, it's not very often that someone who's as entrenched in their dogma as the avg CTVtard is can start to think independently unless something happens to them personally.

Part of the whole military shtick is to be a good soldier, do what you're told, question nothing, and never in any circumstances speak your own opinion anywhere, much less in a public forum, or god forbid, to the media. 

That's why in the whole debacle of the Afghan withdrawal, the only person to pay any price at all was the one US Marine officer who told the truth. The official company motto was "evacuating so many people so quickly was a monumental success" and for him to call a spade a spade was an actual crime.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/10/14/court-martial-begins-marine-criticized-afghanistan-withdrawal-lt-col-stuart-scheller/8450536002/

Biden got a dozen of his soldiers needlessly killed, the US left $80 billion in weapons behind in Afghanistan, and the US drone-striked a UN aid worker and a family and pretended that it was a successful strike on a military target for almost 2 weeks, but after all that, "The worst thing that happened is that someone told the truth."

That guy's career is 100% over, he spent over a week in confinement, and all the people responsible for the actual Custerfock in Afghanistan who managed to keep their mouths shut will get promoted faster than ever. 

That's the military, and if Flyer really served any amount of actual time there, then it's deeply ingrained in him. 

The truth will always be the real tragedy in any war. Every war started since time began was started with lies. Wars are just huge rackets meant for the elite to get filthy rich while fools like flyer and dougie go and get themselves either harmed or killed. They are lucky to still be alive today. Many of their military sidekicks are dead. 

Henry Kissinger said it all. He called soldiers just a "bunch of dumb stupid people to be used as cannon fodder".  Kissinger has been described as a war criminal. This is the guy that those two mentioned above could careless about their lives. Go ahead, join the military. Have fun. Just hope that you do not have to go off to war. ?

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

2. No I mean I don't want excessive taxation. For instance, these green taxes.

3. A good leader would protect Canadian workers with tariffs and taxation on companies who insist on off-shoring.

4. A great try IMO.

You say your lost the right of free speech? Of what goes in your body? Of your personal finances?  When did that happen?

Don't say you cannot protest, because you can.

Don't say you cannot control what goes in your body, because you can.

Don't say you have freedom of your personal freedoms because 200 people out of 36 million had governmental interference?

Taxation, well, the public services, roads and infrastructure, health services and much more you have are all as a result of taxes. Canada selected a government that has a green agenda. Some don't like it to your personal chagrin, but as a democracy, enough did.

Canada already has tariffs o products (or else they would be eve n cheaper)and taxes companies and that is why companies leave. How do you protect workers when they price themselves out of work? You, the consumer wants cheaper products and that is why companies leave....to satisfy your demands and desires.

Thing is, anyone can complain but in reality, things happen and are done for a reason and it only tales a bit of logical though to figure that out.

I don't disagree with everything you say but, I feel that you are not fully aware of how things work in reality. Feel free to suggest better ways to do the things you complain about.

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

You know as well as I that promotion is based on performance and competition amongst your peers. 

If you do not accept the promotion when it comes, so be it but, again as you know, your salary remains stagnant (the occasional military pay raise excepted) and your pension remains lower. Pension may not be of concern to you but, you lose higher salary as the only way to make more money in the Military is to move up the ranks.

I worked with an excellent aircraft technician that refused to take the Junior leaders course on principal. He was definitely on the rise and a good leader, instructor and as I said, technician. He remained in and retired after 25 years. that principal cost him lost of lost salary, who knows how many promotions and most of all, a huge pension cut.

So, it is not just a matter of coveting rank, it is a matter of just moving forward in ones career. Your pension as a M/Cpl is a lot less than that of your possible position as RSM.

Some may think that a military person has nothing to say and cannot think for themselves but that is far from the truth. Yes, one has to be a bit careful as a military person is bound by National Defence Act but then, if you work for large corporations you are often bound by non disclosure agreements too.  If you derogatorily speak of your employer, your job is in jeopardy regardless where you work.

I have nothing against being a Lifer

one of my closest friends just finished a tour as an RSM

when we met, he was an FNG Private in my section

I got lots of friends who are CWO's

but I served from the 80's through the Decade of Darkness in the 90's

by the end of the 90's, I had lost faith in the chain of command

and I simply wasn't going to fight for the Liberal Party of Canada who had destroyed the best small army in the world

then I met my wife in 2000, and she was ambitious, a corporate climber

so she wasn't willing to be an army wife

thus I decided to turn my kit in, to go make some money on civvy street

it all worked out for the best

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

You say your lost the right of free speech? Of what goes in your body? Of your personal finances?  When did that happen?

Don't say you have freedom of your personal freedoms because 200 people out of 36 million had governmental interference?

Taxation, well, the public services, roads and infrastructure, health services and much more you have are all as a result of taxes. Canada selected a government that has a green agenda. Some don't like it to your personal chagrin, but as a democracy, enough did.

Canada already has tariffs o products (or else they would be eve n cheaper)and taxes companies and that is why companies leave. How do you protect workers when they price themselves out of work? You, the consumer wants cheaper products and that is why companies leave....to satisfy your demands and desires.

Thing is, anyone can complain but in reality, things happen and are done for a reason and it only tales a bit of logical though to figure that out.

I don't disagree with everything you say but, I feel that you are not fully aware of how things work in reality. Feel free to suggest better ways to do the things you complain about.

Every country in the world has pretty much got rid of most or all of their silly ass stupid covid mandates. And their is not one country in the world that has a covid mandate in place, like this dictator turd has for Canadians, where if one is not fully vaccinated they cannot travel in Canada by plane or train. 

Yet, we all pretty much know by now that the fully vaccinated can just as easily spread covid to the vaccinated and the non vaccinated either by coming into contact with others on the ground or on a plane or train. Yet, those fully vaccinated people can travel by plane or train in Canada, and still spread the covid virus, but the non vaccinated cannot travel on those services because they are not vaccinated.

I heard that the ventilation systems on planes are well ventilated and a lot safer to be in then on the ground. No other country is worried about the non vaccinated flying to and from in their own country, so why does this WEF dictator continue to do this to the non vaccinated? For the power and the glory and the control of it all, I guess. 

It's crazy when one thinks about it that the non vaccinated should be the ones more in fear of catching covid on a train or plane because they are not vaccinated. But ask them if they care? They obviously do not care. They are willing to take their chances. The truckers did nothing to try and change this arse holes mind, and it looks like nothing is going to change this dictators mind at all. Welcome to the WEF world globalism for Canada, and the dictator and Freeland are both loyal students of the WEF.  Believe it or not. ?

8 minutes ago, taxme said:

Every country in the world has pretty much got rid of most or all of their silly ass stupid covid mandates. And their is not one country in the world that has a covid mandate in place, like this dictator turd has for Canadians, where if one is not fully vaccinated they cannot travel in Canada by plane or train. 

Yet, we all pretty much know by now that the fully vaccinated can just as easily spread covid to the vaccinated and the non vaccinated either by coming into contact with others on the ground or on a plane or train. Yet, those fully vaccinated people can travel by plane or train in Canada, and still spread the covid virus, but the non vaccinated cannot travel on those services because they are not vaccinated.

Iheard that the ventilation systems on planes are well ventilated and a lot safer to be in then on the ground. No other country is worried about the non vaccinated flying to and from in their own country, so why does this WEF dictator continue to do this to the non vaccinated? For the power and the glory and the control of it all, I guess. 

It's crazy when one thinks about it that the non vaccinated should be the ones more in fear of catching covid on a train or plane because they are not vaccinated. But ask them if they care? They obviously do not care. They are willing to take their chances. The truckers did nothing to try and change this arse holes mind, and it looks like nothing is going to change this dictators mind at all. Welcome to the WEF world globalism for Canada, and the dictator and Freeland are both loyal students of the WEF.  Believe it or not. ?

Not sure if you are up to date or not but Canada for most part has also done away with mandates. the feds have only the transport one in place.

Fact is COVID is getting worse. Cases are rapidly increasing. There are many countries, states and even cities that are right now or soon may re-imposing more mandates. Masks are required in Philadelphia again and other cities and states are acting in the same way. Shanghai and Shenzhen are back in complete lockdown.

While some airlines are trying, it is still a requirement to wear masks on planes and trains in  the US as well as Canada.

"They found that the multiple layer of measures, including the wearing of face masks and more frequent disinfection, together with the aircraft airflow systems, results in a very low risk of COVID-19 transmission on aircraft."  https://www.iata.org/en/youandiata/travelers/health/low-risk-transmission/

Look, arguing about COVID is stupid. This F'N virus is with us for a long time.  It will be going up and down for years to come and the vaccination stuff reduces hospitalizations and severity,  just like the annual flu vaccination. Some folks get the flu shot and others don't some folks go to the hospital with the flu and die and some don't. Familiar??

The truckers achieved noting except creating divides amongst Canadians and their opinions.   Nothing changed and it won't.

I hear you and your opinion and you are very much entitled to it, as I have one and am entitled to it as well. Not everyone has to think like you .... or me. Calling me names is just childish.

Lastly, who gives a rats ass about WEF except you that keeps bringing it up.

34 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I have nothing against being a Lifer

one of my closest friends just finished a tour as an RSM

when we met, he was an FNG Private in my section

I got lots of friends who are CWO's

but I served from the 80's through the Decade of Darkness in the 90's

by the end of the 90's, I had lost faith in the chain of command

and I simply wasn't going to fight for the Liberal Party of Canada who had destroyed the best small army in the world

then I met my wife in 2000, and she was ambitious, a corporate climber

so she wasn't willing to be an army wife

thus I decided to turn my kit in, to go make some money on civvy street

it all worked out for the best

i am glad for you and for your Wife that you found common ground.

I am quite sure she has to work hard, maybe harder than the men in the corporation, and perform well and play the game to climb that latter. Kinda like moving up the ladder in the Army (or Air Force) :)

My Wife was fortunate to be able to move her career with me.

17 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The truckers achieved noting except creating divides amongst Canadians and their opinions.   Nothing changed and it won't.

The divide was created by your government, not the truckers.

You should be grateful someone made a sacrifice to defend your rights and freedoms.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The convoy showed the entire world what is and isn't allowed in Canada according to Pixie-Dust.

When you are told you cannot work because you don't want an experimental drug in your body, THAT happens to be a gross infringement on personal freedom.!

200 is 1 too many! Its sad that you'd roll over for these twits so eagerly.

There is a lot more in that budget than just green horseshit. I'd have no problem financing research to find a RELIABLE alternative energy source. But Pixie-Dust and his merry band of traitors want to destroy the oil and gas industries BEFORE we have a replacement. THAT...my friend...is called fucking stupid.

1 minute ago, cougar said:

The divide was created by your government, not the truckers.

You should be grateful someone made a sacrifice to defend your rights and freedoms.

No actually, the divide is exactly created by the truckers.

Here we are quite a while after it is over and there is still discussion/arguments/name calling about them. Some folks cannot accept it is over and done with and won't be back.

There are pro trucker people and anti trucker people and then there are theeones scratching their heads about the whole affair (like me). There are those that think something was achieved and others that think nothing was achieved.

Mandates were already being repealed when the truckers took stage. The federal mandates on aircraft and trains i still in place (as it is in the US and other countries).

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

The convoy showed the entire world what is and isn't allowed in Canada according to Pixie-Dust.

When you are told you cannot work because you don't want an experimental drug in your body, THAT happens to be a gross infringement on personal freedom.!

200 is 1 too many! Its sad that you'd roll over for these twits so eagerly.

There is a lot more in that budget than just green horseshit. I'd have no problem financing research to find a RELIABLE alternative energy source. But Pixie-Dust and his merry band of traitors want to destroy the oil and gas industries BEFORE we have a replacement. THAT...my friend...is called fucking stupid.

OK

Budget???

The NDP and Liberals were on track to foil the oil and gas long before this but got elected anyway. Thanks to the conservative suicide committed by O'Foole. 

They are actually backing off a bit on the oil industry.... probably thank Russia for that..

27 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

i am glad for you and for your Wife that you found common ground.

I am quite sure she has to work hard, maybe harder than the men in the corporation, and perform well and play the game to climb that latter. Kinda like moving up the ladder in the Army (or Air Force) :)

My Wife was fortunate to be able to move her career with me.

my wife has the drive, aggression & ethic of an elite officer

she's just not a killer

the killing & dying aspect of the profession of arms frightens her

I don't talk about it with her, she's not that interested in the military

the military is between me & the brothers, no need for the wives in the Mess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

No actually, the divide is exactly created by the truckers.

There are pro trucker people and anti trucker people

But before your government's madness and introduced mandates the terms "pro-trucker" or "anti-trucker" did not even exist.

Isn't your logic and arguments somewhat messed up?

43 minutes ago, cougar said:

But before your government's madness and introduced mandates the terms "pro-trucker" or "anti-trucker" did not even exist.

Isn't your logic and arguments somewhat messed up?

No.

Pro mandate and anti mandate did not exist either.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Cases do not make a pandemic.

Deaths do.

Wrong (again).

From wikipedia:  A pandemic is an epidemic of an infectious disease that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents or worldwide, affecting a substantial number of individuals.  

Death is not the defining criteria. 

From WebMD:

A pandemic is basically a global epidemic -- an epidemic that spreads to more than one continent," says Dan Epstein, a spokesman for the Pan American Health Organization, a regional office of the World Health Organization.

Influenza pandemics have struck about three times every century since the 1500s, or roughly every 10-50 years. There was one in 1957-1958 and one in 1968-1969. The most infamous pandemic flu of the 20th century, however, was that of 1918-1919. 

Again, deaths are not included as the defining feature of a pandemic.

Here, in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, the definition of pandemic is discussed: what does pandemic mean, how is it identified, must it be "new, explosive, severe", etc.?   And  once again, death is not the defining feature of a pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Wrong (again).

From wikipedia:  A pandemic is an epidemic of an infectious disease that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents or worldwide, affecting a substantial number of individuals.  

Death is not the defining criteria. 

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/what-is-pandemic

The CDC's definition of a flu epidemic relates to the percentage of deaths in a given week caused by influenza and pneumonia. The "epidemic threshold" is a certain percentage above what is considered normal for that period. The normal level, or baseline, is statistically determined based on data from past flu seasons.

I was pretty certain that I was correct, until I read about this:

https:www.the-great-sniffles-pandemic-of-1846.com/fakewebsite/lol

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

No.

Pro mandate and anti mandate did not exist either.

No but...Yes !

The mandates were created by a short sighted dim witted government which created the division and in turn the protests. 

They brought it all on themselves by trampling on the basic rights and freedoms of Canadians.

5 hours ago, cougar said:

No but...Yes !

The mandates were created by a short sighted dim witted government which created the division and in turn the protests. 

They brought it all on themselves by trampling on the basic rights and freedoms of Canadians.

Governments issues a public health directive. Call it a mandate if you wish but it was a public health issue due to a pandemic that initiated these measures.