Trudeau Gets Slammed At NATO Meeting

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I separate DND from the regiments I served with

the regiment is a brotherhood

As I explained to Army Guy a while ago, DND and the Military (regardless of branch, regiment, squadron, ship) are separate entities.

The DND is a government department whereas the Military is subservient to the DND. The military is, in essence, an employee of the DND. It does what the DND and Minister of Defence says.

Before I was posted to NDHQ, I thought the Military was the DND and quickly learned it is not.

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

As I explained to Army Guy a while ago, DND and the Military (regardless of branch, regiment, squadron, ship) are separate entities.

The DND is a government department whereas the Military is subservient to the DND. The military is, in essence, an employee of the DND. It does what the DND and Minister of Defence says.

Before I was posted to NDHQ, I thought the Military was the DND and quickly learned it is not.

I only have fealty to the Queen, the colours & my brothers

but the Canadian Forces does not defend me, defend my rights, defend my property

the Canadian Forces are now a mortal threat to me, I fear the military I once served

same with the police, the courts, and every other institution in Canada

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I only have fealty to the Queen, the colours & my brothers

but the Canadian Forces does not defend me, defend my rights, defend my property

the Canadian Forces are now a mortal threat to me, I fear the military I once served

same with the police, the courts, and every other institution in Canada

Only trying to share something I learned.

If you wish to be be ruled by a Monarch and live as a subject, be anti government or become a militia member, by all means do so.

5 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Only trying to share something I learned.

If you wish to be be ruled by a Monarch and live as a subject, be anti government or become a militia member, by all means do so.

the British Crown is not an absolute monarchy

the Westminster Parliament of Canada was founded by William of Orange in 1688

the rule is Parliamentary Supremacy

but the governments in Canada no longer follow those rules

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the British Crown is not an absolute monarchy

the Westminster Parliament of Canada was founded by William of Orange in 1688

the rule is Parliamentary Supremacy

but the governments in Canada no longer follow those rules

You said "I only have fealty to the Queen".

Fealty; https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fealty

Fealty to the Queens is declaring allegiance to the Queen .  Allegiance to the Queen Means Allegiance to Canada
https://parliamentum.org/2013/07/23/allegiance-to-the-queen-means-allegiance-to-canada/

Edited by ExFlyer

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

HM Queen Elizabeth II is Sovereign, Head of State & Commander-in-Chief

but under the Canadian constitution, that does not bind me to have fealty to the government nor the Confederation

obviously, since the Bloc Quebecois can swear fealty to the Queen, but not Canadian Confederation

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup, a civvie now with a really good full 70% of my CWO pay military pension. Very OK with being a civvie as much as I was with my Military career.

If that was an attempt at an insult, it sucked LOL

For starters I don't believe you were a CWO because I have good reason not to believe anything you say - you're the guy who told us that you don't believe that Csaba Vizi was beaten by police after surrendering on his knees. It's impossible for you to not know that now if you bothered to look into it so - you're a total liar, period. 

One other thing specific to this claim - if you even know what CWO means then you'd be mentioning specific military bases for some reason which I'm not gonna tell you. 

The only thing that lends even the slightest credibility to your sad story (sad because it's unfathomable that our armed forces are in such bad shape that you'd get promoted that high) is the fact that you're the ultimate 'yes man'. You don't think for yourself and it's completely beyond your scope to question anything that you hear.

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

It doesn't mean that at all dude. 

History is chock full of examples where the line of command from a sovereign down to their subjects was full of traitors to whom loyalty would be treason.  

Loyalty to Caesar and Brutus became mutually exclusive at a certain point, do you get it? 

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

History is chock full of examples where the line of command from a sovereign down to their subjects was full of traitors to whom loyalty would be treason.  

Loyalty to Caesar and Brutus became mutually exclusive at a certain point, do you get it? 

the issue is more that the average Canadian doesn't actually know what "Canada" is

the average Canadian invokes a kind of republic, Canada as a unitary republican state

but that is not what Canada is

Canada is a cobbled together Confederation

cobbled together in an emergency, in 1867

the Fenian invasion of the British colonies incited a panic

which led to the rush to confederate in a matter of months

but this Confederation is not binding like a republic would be

there is no requirement for you to have loyalty to the Confederation

you are within your rights to advocate for the death of this Confederation same as any Quebec Sovereignist does

but as each province has its own direct relationship with the Crown

you can invoke the Queen as the Queen of Ontario as much the Queen of Canada

Ontario does not need a federal government in Ottawa to be our dictators anymore than Quebec does

Edited by Dougie93

32 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

For starters I don't believe you were a CWO because I have good reason not to believe anything you say - you're the guy who told us that you don't believe that Csaba Vizi was beaten by police after surrendering on his knees. It's impossible for you to not know that now if you bothered to look into it so - you're a total liar, period. 

One other thing specific to this claim - if you even know what CWO means then you'd be mentioning specific military bases for some reason which I'm not gonna tell you. 

The only thing that lends even the slightest credibility to your sad story (sad because it's unfathomable that our armed forces are in such bad shape that you'd get promoted that high) is the fact that you're the ultimate 'yes man'. You don't think for yourself and it's completely beyond your scope to question anything that you hear.

Do you, in any way, think I care what you believe? LOL

I feel the same way about your propaganda so, we are even :)

Just FYI, I was posted in 442 Sqn Comox, 103 Sqn Gander, 440 Sqn Edmonton,  and NDHQ as an LCMM and in an AEO shop and part of a Major Crown Projects.  Like it or not.

The fortunate thing is that I don't believe everything I hear or read.

Edited by ExFlyer

22 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Provided links to help the uneducated Dude.

It may help you to understand language meanings and big words :)

The fortunate thing is that I don't believe everything I hear or read.

Of course you do. You literally posted here that there's "no evidence that the police in Canada held people down and then beat them up".

That's literally the saddest and most pathetic form of media obedience imaginable. That's like saying "I can see the videos of this happening with my own eyes, but CTV and CBC don't want me to see it, therefor I do not."

It's actually crazy, alarming, bizarre, and a whole bunch of other things all at the same time. 

If they can make you believe that something didn't happen when you can see it with your own eyes then what makes you think that they're not hiding other things from you that you should know?

Does SNC Lavalin have a court documented history of bribing Canadians politicians/bureaucrats to get government contracts? Well CBC didn't say so, so I guess not, right Ex-Flyer? You'll never know because you choose t have your head in the sand.  Gross. 

43 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Provided links to help the uneducated Dude.

It may help you to understand language meanings and big words :)

I know exactly what fealty and loyalty mean EF. Believe me, there's not a word in your vocabulary that I couldn't help you understand, but FYI loyalties/fealties/allegiances can be mutually exclusive. If you don't get it then you don't understand the concept of loyalty at all, which makes a lot of sense. 

Try to wrap your head around this saying: "A friend to all is a friend to none."

Do you get it? Because I'm pretty sure that you don't. I'm pretty sure that your cognitive abilities don't extent far enough for you to realize that actually makes sense. "Duh, but being fwends wif evwewun iz awsum!"

Edited by WestCanMan

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I know exactly what fealty and loyalty mean EF. Believe me, there's not a word in your vocabulary that I couldn't help you understand, but FYI loyalties/fealties/allegiances can be mutually exclusive. If you don't get it then you don't understand the concept of loyalty at all, which makes a lot of sense. 

Try to wrap your head around this saying: "A friend to all is a friend to none."

Do you get it? Because I'm pretty sure that you don't. I'm pretty sure that your cognitive abilities don't extent far enough for you to realize that actually makes sense. "Duh, but being fwends wif evwewun iz awsum!"

Interesting how singleminded folks can cherry pick whatever suits them.

As long as people agree with them, they are mellow but, dare anyone disagree of have a different opinion, they become belligerent, obtuse and insulting.

It's OK, you are what you have chosen to be and your circle will feed your sensibilities. Some will see it your way others will chuckle at the display.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

If there is one thing I've learned in my military career is not everyone is going to get along, and i get that, but some of these conversations are hitting way below the belt, not that i have any influence on here or with you, i'm just like any other civvy on here.

In a time when we should be banning together, and taking the fight to the Canadian public and our government showing them, that the future warriors for this nation are indeed worth the investment, and our vets deserve a lot better than we are getting now... while we squabble between ourselves we do nothing for that cause. 

Plenty of ways to confirm whether a person is military or not, do they talk the talk, walk the walk, know shit that only a military person would...we are fortunate here that we have members from all 3 elements on here to call out those that did not meet the standards... to protect those that did serve...  like i said i have no rank , just another one of the boys with a beer in my hands... 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

If there is one thing I've learned in my military career is not everyone is going to get along, and i get that, but some of these conversations are hitting way below the belt, not that i have any influence on here or with you, i'm just like any other civvy on here.

In a time when we should be banning together, and taking the fight to the Canadian public and our government showing them, that the future warriors for this nation are indeed worth the investment, and our vets deserve a lot better than we are getting now... while we squabble between ourselves we do nothing for that cause. 

Plenty of ways to confirm whether a person is military or not, do they talk the talk, walk the walk, know shit that only a military person would...we are fortunate here that we have members from all 3 elements on here to call out those that did not meet the standards... to protect those that did serve...  like i said i have no rank , just another one of the boys with a beer in my hands... 

I agree.

I have only been here for about a month and have come to realize there are handful of folks that regardless of the topic will do whatever they can to disagree and insult if they can not get their way. The only one that is allowed to have an opinion is them. Ideological differences are definitely not allowed. :)

I am ashamed I got into a bunfight about my career because the only one that it should matter to is myself and I am very proud of my work in SAR. Trying to substantiate to some was pointless and I should not have tried. 

I never looked at anyone through a scope so I cannot speak to or about combat arms, I normally saw their faces as we hoisted them aboard.

Like you, just another civvie now.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Interesting how singleminded folks can cherry pick whatever suits them.

As long as people agree with them, they are mellow but, dare anyone disagree of have a different opinion, they become belligerent, obtuse and insulting.

It's OK, you are what you have chosen to be and your circle will feed your sensibilities. Some will see it your way others will chuckle at the display.

Blah, blah, blah. 

FYI just because a person is loyal to the crown, they've pledged their allegiance to the monarchy, they're leal servants of the crown, they've sworn fealty to the crown, whatever you want to call it, doesn't mean that they also have to support every other level of government between them and the monarch. That's an absolute fact that has been well understood by everyone in every monarchy since the beginning of time. 

If an Earl or Duke supports some other royal family than the one in power, and you live in their territory, how can you be loyal to both the Earl and the King? 

If you're loyal to Queen Elizabeth and you feel like Trudeau is a traitor you can't be loyal to both.

I'm absolutely not loyal to the government of Canada at all, I just live here. There's literally nothing that I'd do right now that was for the gov't of this country unless it suited my own interests as well. I wouldn't even give the LPOC the steam off my crap if they were all dying of thirst. I'd literally die before I lifted a finger to protect this country and there was a time when I pledged my life to protect it. 

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I agree.

I have only been here for about a month and have come to realize there are handful of folks that regardless of the topic will do whatever they can to disagree and insult if they can not get their way. The only one that is allowed to have an opinion is them.

I am ashamed I got into a bunfight about my career because the only one that it should matter to is myself and I am very proud of my work in SAR. Trying to substantiate to some was pointless and I should not have tried. 

I never looked at anyone through a scope so I cannot speak to or about combat arms, I normally saw their faces as we hoisted them aboard.

Like you, just another civvie now.

When i first got on this forum years ago, i used it to chronical my first tour in Afghanistan at the time it was the in thing to do, and there was still those that doubted my credentials, even after i was reporting on things that the media had not yet covered...it use to bother me... and then like you i just said who cares what they think, it is my career, and although a have a few things to sort out with god, I made a lot of promises and only kept a few of them it was fantastic...

I think anyone that signs that dotted line, and decides to join the military, thats a huge check mark in the good column in my books....through out my career I've meet and worked with Navy guys, and Air force guys on and off the battle field, i can't count how many navy divers did EOD for us, and as the war progressed IED's got real evil...or the time we did amphibious landing training and got stuck on a navy frigate for a week, well most hang over the side puking ya respect for those guys....  I've also been pulled off the side of a mountain by an Air force Chinook with just the back ramp on the ground the rest hovering above a cliff and all while under fire... Ya i got respect for them all,  right down to the cook who could turn can potatoes into a gourmet meal, after 3 weeks outside the wire, ya i salute them all...and i got all kinds of time for all who served, it's a club that does not have many rules but serving is one of them...

Never be ashamed of standing up for your career, or yourself...sometimes you just got to step back , reload, attack from a different direction...

My job and your job has many similarities, like that feeling you get just before you jump off into the unknown, or when the ramp drops and some one is screaming dismount dismount.... and you have milliseconds to adjust to what is outside, find cover, pick a target, and provide covering fire......we both get to see the trauma that human bodies can take, or the their condition after being hit with something big like tank canister rounds or 25 mm or 30 mm from an A-10 lots of death and destruction...you turn it on and then turn it off...or so you hope...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Blah, blah, blah. 

FYI just because a person is loyal to the crown, they've pledged their allegiance to the monarchy, they're leal servants of the crown, they've sworn fealty to the crown, whatever you want to call it, doesn't mean that they also have to support every other level of government between them and the monarch. That's an absolute fact that has been well understood by everyone in every monarchy since the beginning of time. 

If an Earl or Duke supports some other royal family than the one in power, and you live in their territory, how can you be loyal to both the Earl and the King? 

If you're loyal to Queen Elizabeth and you feel like Trudeau is a traitor you can't be loyal to both.

I'm absolutely not loyal to the government of Canada at all, I just live here. There's literally nothing that I'd do right now that was for the gov't of this country unless it suited my own interests as well. I wouldn't even give the LPOC the steam off my crap if they were all dying of thirst. I'd literally die before I lifted a finger to protect this country and there was a time when I pledged my life to protect it. 

Huh? Replying to my post?

Thank you though.  Proved my point.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

That's your style, and I get it, but I'm not wired like that. 

My main beef with someone here is that they just blatantly lied directly to me on too many occasions for me to just ignore it. 

It's one thing for someone to insist on saying something like "Trump doesn't have a video of every second of his life in the two years leading up to the election, so it's entirely possible that he did collude with Russia, we just don't have the evidence", because there can almost never be absolute proof of the negative.

But for someone to say "CBC didn't show me footage of the police beating Csaba Vizi and I refuse to believe it happened." is just a refusal to look at proof of the positive, which is undeniable. When someone chooses to go with that kind of a narrative it's just an F-U and I won't forget it.

45 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

no worries, nothing to be ashamed of

you've identified the fault, now you can adjust to the operating enviroment

bravo zulu

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Huh? Replying to my post?

Thank you though.  Proved my point.

All that I ever 'proved' is that you're a liar and a propagandist. 

If you don't believe me, google this Csaba Vizi beaten by police and try to tell me that it's all lies again.