Jump to content

Conservative Leadership September 10th


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Mr. Poillievre is banking on the pandemic being under better control by the time the next election occurs,....

Mr. Poillievre is promoting the cancellation of the carbon tax but ignores the obvious result.....

Firing the Governor of the Bank of Canada will not solve infaltion..... 

It says something about Mr. Poillievre's focus when he has all these ideas but is not sharing them with the government....

As someone from Central Canada, I have been looking for complaints of PP.

BTW, I didn't vote for the guy - I chose Charest.

I reckoned that PP would be a good front-bencher for a Charest leader 

=====

I wuz wrong. Even I have to say that the speech of his wife changed everything.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, the second day of Pollievre as a leader of one of the exactly two this country supposedly parties, and character assassination already began - a long supposedly introduction on CBC quickly turning switching its course to "concerns" about the style of leadership discussion. I'm seriously concerned even worried about mid-term future of this country. Now they know that propaganda works, on a large majority. And there's nothing to limit them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, August1991 said:

As someone from Central Canada, I have been looking for complaints of PP.

BTW, I didn't vote for the guy - I chose Charest.

I reckoned that PP would be a good front-bencher for a Charest leader 

=====

I wuz wrong. Even I have to say that the speech of his wife changed everything.

What obvious result would be front canceling that stupid carbon tax other than less expensive fuel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

What obvious result would be front canceling that stupid carbon tax other than less expensive fuel?

Since you ask, Nationalist:

I strongly prefer a tax on CO2 emissions - but no subsidies to anyone for anything else  I strongly oppose subsidies to windmills, solar panels, electric cars, etc

I view this CO2 tax as an insurance premium - we don't know.

I reckon the revenues of the CO2 tax should reduce other taxes - as I say, we don't know.

====

I can live with cap-and-trade but I prefer a CO2 tax.

Message to Bill Gates:

"You fly the plane, burn the kerosene, emit the CO2?  -Pay the premium." 

Edited by August1991
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Since you ask, Nationalist:

I strongly prefer a tax on CO2 emissions - but no subsidies to anyone for anything else  I strongly oppose subsidies to windmills, solar panels, electric cars, etc

I view this CO2 tax as an insurance premium - we don't know.

I reckon the revenues of the CO2 tax should reduce other taxes - as I say, we don't know.

====

I can live with cap-and-trade but I prefer a CO2 tax.

Message to Bill Gates:

"You fly the plane, burn the kerosene, emit the CO2?  -Pay the premium." 

The demonization of fossil fuels is a HUGE mistake. We are being told that we must stop burning fossil fuels for energy...BEFORE we have a realistic replacement.

THAT is suicide.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The demonization of fossil fuels is a HUGE mistake. We are being told that we must stop burning fossil fuels for energy...BEFORE we have a realistic replacement.

THAT is suicide.

Which fossil fuels?

====

I prefer a tax on CO2 emissions.

a) I take the view that the tax is a premium - payment for an insurance policy in a world of uncertainty.

b) others view the tax/payment as a signal of virtue (DIE = diversity, inclusive, equity).  

Edited by August1991
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Which fossil fuels?

People who say we need to stop all fossil fuel use immediately do not understand the political economy.  But those who call Climate Change a hoax are equally useless.  In the age of internet we need to figure out how to exclude trolls from discussions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Which fossil fuels?

====

I prefer a tax on CO2 emissions. 

Which fossil fuels? Really?

This "tax" is asinine. It penalizes all people for using the only source of heating, electricity and countless other power requirements. And for what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

People who say we need to stop all fossil fuel use immediately do not understand the political economy.  But those who call Climate Change a hoax are equally useless.  In the age of internet we need to figure out how to exclude trolls from discussions.

Cool. You've taken no position except to pontificate about trolls.

I'm sure glad you're here to contribute Mikey.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Which fossil fuels? Really?

This "tax" is asinine. It penalizes all people for using the only source of heating, electricity and countless other power requirements. And for what?

Nationalist,

Using some fossil fuels emit more CO2 than others.

But you pose a good question - for what? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, myata said:

So, the second day of Pollievre as a leader of one of the exactly two this country supposedly parties, and character assassination already began - a long supposedly introduction on CBC quickly turning switching its course to "concerns" about the style of leadership discussion. I'm seriously concerned even worried about mid-term future of this country. Now they know that propaganda works, on a large majority. And there's nothing to limit them.

It certainly worked for Mr. Poillievre. (Did I get the spelling right this time?) 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

People who say we need to stop all fossil fuel use immediately do not understand the political economy.  But those who call Climate Change a hoax are equally useless.  In the age of internet we need to figure out how to exclude trolls from discussions.

Excluding “trolls” from discussion is a terrible idea because some people think that anyone who disagrees with them is a troll.  This is exactly why Musk considered buying Twitter and why many journalists have left Democrat-only rags like the New York Times or communist organizations like TorStar and the CBC.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. Excluding “trolls” from discussion is a terrible idea because some people think that anyone who disagrees with them is a troll.   

1. Freedom of speech necessarily involves bad ideas failing to find an audience and dying.

The raving lunatic will be kicked out of the town hall in real life...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I concured with Auguste's point
2. Why do you keep responding to posts I make to other people ?  Don't you have a dad ?

I do have a dad...and I'd wager he's a lot more level headed and committed to truth...than you.

But...backhanded insults aside...you said nothing of substance. Just whining about those who oppose your wishy-washy position on...just about everything...and calling them "trolls".

Good work Mikey...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It certainly worked for Mr. Poillievre. (Did I get the spelling right this time?) 

Surely, a laughing matter. A publicly funded supposedly "independent" media group actively involved in political propaganda for the default ruling party. Where do we see this kind of stuff? And how does it end, usually? Anybody interested?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,744
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Mark Partiwaka
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Fluffypants went up a rank
      Rising Star
    • exPS earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • gatomontes99 went up a rank
      Proficient
    • phoenyx75 earned a badge
      Collaborator
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...