Trucker's Convoy

West

11 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I know y'all like to say that but in reality, she is probably victim of her own actions.

Probably?

I'm not up on the details here but...I understand she's in jail for taking a picture?

That's an abuse of power. If this is true, it's nothing more than Soviet style bullshit.

17 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Probably?

I'm not up on the details here but...I understand she's in jail for taking a picture?

That's an abuse of power. If this is true, it's nothing more than Soviet style bullshit.

If we had a Soviet style justice system, every participant in the Freedom Convoy would be sleeping in the forest in the Gatineau hills under a metre of dirt. They would be accompanied by their friends and family and everyone they knew. As that young Iranian-Canadian fellow said, "Spend a week in Iran and then come back and tell me you have no freedom in this country."

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

If we had a Soviet style justice system, every participant in the Freedom Convoy would be sleeping in the forest in the Gatineau hills under a metre of dirt. They would be accompanied by their friends and family and everyone they knew. As that young Iranian-Canadian fellow said, "Spend a week in Iran and then come back and tell me you have no freedom in this country."

nah

they'd just send her to the gulag

on bullshit charges

just like Canada did

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

The law is the law and breaching bail restrictions is the action of the person, not the judge. If you are stupid enough to breach bail, then you a fool and will sit in cells until it is sorted out.

If you or your lawyer do not have a case to defend your position then you have really pooched and there you sit. Self inflicted.

There is always some interpretation involved. The judge has choices.

Plus the question of whether the punishment is appropriate.

Accepting an award given by a reputable organization should not be a crime, for example.

You can always see the level of freedom there is in society, and level fear a government has for its own people, by the way they react to peaceful protest and public criticism.

That's why on this day of days, I shall celebrate the Canada that WAS, not the Canada that IS. Not the lying, racist and hateful Canada of a coward. But the Canada that was before, and hopefully will be once again, when he is gone.

Saskatoon beaver takes down Canadian flag

Edited by OftenWrong
He being Mr. Trudeua

31 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Probably?

I do not believe the reasons have been made public but, she is in jail for breaching the conditions of her bail.

There is no abuse of anything except her own abuse of her bail conditions.

Look, if it was you and for whatever reason you are out on bail with conditions, if you breached them, you would or could be back in  cells too. You and your lawyer would have to plead tour case to prevent you form going back into custody but it is ultimately your fault that you are before the judge. again.

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

There is always some interpretation involved. The judge has choices.

Plus the question of whether the punishment is appropriate.

Accepting an award given by a reputable organization should not be a crime, for example.

You can always see the level of freedom there is in society, and level fear a government has for its own people, by the way they react to peaceful protest and public criticism.

That's why on this day of days, I shall celebrate the Canada that WAS, not the Canada that IS. Not the lying, racist and hateful Canada of a coward. But the Canada that was before, and hopefully will be once again, when he is gone.

Saskatoon beaver takes down Canadian flag

Absolutely correct.

Now, not knowing what went on, what the breach was and why the judge reacted in the way he did, conjecture is just that, a WAG (wild ass guess). She and her lawyer had the opportunity to address and explain and plead the situation but something must have warranted the action against her.

By using this person as a reason for not celebrating your Country is quite petty and small and unreasonable but hey, it is your choice to do as you wish. We have the freedom to do so.

36 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Your assumptions are baseless and ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

What did she say then?

I don't know, you don't know we don't know. Only she, her lawyer and the judge know. But, there she sits so it was probably not favourable to her..

May be OK though cause it is supposed to rain in Ottawa today and she will be dry :)

Edited by ExFlyer

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hear hear.  Thank you for calling out hyperbolic claims.

if you don't think the Soviets treated any political enemies the way Canada treated Tamara Lich

then you don't know Soviet history

it only sounds hyperbolic to the historically ignorant

Canadians who don't know shit about the Soviet Union

claim Canada is nothing like the Soviet Union

meanwhile people who lived in the Soviet Union and know it better than anyone say Canada acts just like it in many ways

Edited by Yzermandius19

13 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

if you don't think the Soviets treated any political enemies the way Canada treated Tamara Lich

then you don't know Soviet history

it only sounds hyperbolic to the historically ignorant

Canadians who don't know shit about the Soviet Union

claim Canada is nothing like the Soviet Union

meanwhile people who lived in the Soviet Union and know it better than anyone say Canada acts just like it in many ways

Fixed.

Claiming Canada is like the Soviet Union was is as historically ignorant and inaccurate as one can be.

But then again, the drama queens here cannot find reasonably correct  analogies :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I welcome these Liberal traitors invoking terms unto death

now we are getting somewhere

come & try to kill us, cowards

it will be your undoing

You are a flake. So ridiculously absurd.

Only reading your posts for the comedic value. LOL

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Fixed.

Claiming Canada is like the Soviet Union was is as historically ignorant and inaccurate as one can be.

But then again, the drama queens here cannot find reasonably correct  analogies :)

you don't know shit about the Soviet Union

or Canada for that matter

so how would you know?

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You are a flake. So ridiculously absurd.

Only reading your posts for the comedic value. LOL

you and your Communist Liberal cohort Queenmandy think that the Government could kill us with impunity

that you would even invoke that, show where things are going

bring it on

25 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you think you can threaten us with death

as if you are safe in your ivory towers to do so

sow the wind, reap the whirlwind

In the Soviet Union, they didn't threaten you with death. They just killed you. And because Stalin worried that your friends and family would be upset with him for doin so, he would have them killed as well, and their friends and family as well for the same reason. Stalin would have people killed for walking too slowly in front of him. He had the first three rows in a theatre where he was speaking executed because somebody sneezed while he was speaking and nobody fessed up. That is tyranny. In the Soviet Union, we wouldn't know there had been a freedom convoy. If we did, we would not want to know. Knowledge in the USSR was a very dangerous thing. 

I am surprised that some of you profess to be interested in politics with so little knowledge of history.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you and your Communist Liberal cohort Queenmandy think that the Government could kill us with impunity

that you would even invoke that, show where things are going

bring it on

Doug, if we has a soviet style communist government, you would be among the first to disappear, right after me. Don't think for a second your friends would be asking "has anybody seen Doug lately?" No, it would be "who's Doug?"

• Like 1