Trucker's Convoy

West

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

And what recourse do those who are arrested under martial law have?  

I've already said I don't think the government should have taken this step.  I'm sure removing the protesters could have been done differently, as many environmental/indigenous protesters have discovered.

Just now, West said:

Now you know why Trudeau will hold everyone hostage, even those who can't get a shot due to allergies and things of that nature. 

His foundation owns 40% 

274339633_10159459103090660_3998904109700032352_n.jpg

That should all come to light as conflict of interest, but instead we’re getting false accusations against protesters and the use of martial law legislation intended to be used for counter-terrorism.  Incredible.  

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Wow - you sure changed your opinion on protesters Dog...

Never been to a protest. As mentioned: losers. 

What does the protest against vaccine mandates have to do with Islamophobia?   There were many Muslims in the protests.  This is a really rotten and divisive tactic, to try to say that the protests are race-motivated.  

12 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canadians beware: If you oppose vaccine mandates and express those views in a protest, the Government of Canada has announced that it can and will freeze your bank account, take away your license to operate your business, and can even imprison you. It is using legislation intended to be used with terrorists against the protesters.  This from the CBC:

False.  The Emergencies Act is directed toward the people involved in the illegal blockades and protests, not people opposing mandates.  That is another ridiculous claim.

1 minute ago, West said:

Said it through his SS guards to the protesters. Leave the area of we will steal your kids and kill your pets. True psychopaths

No violence from the protesters.  They’re removing kids in order to impose state violence against the protesters.  In fact, CAS said that even if the police are causing the violence, the protester parents will be blamed because they were told to leave.  Truly frightening and disgusting.  I wonder when the RCMP will start disappearing political opponents.   

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

False.  The Emergencies Act is directed toward the people involved in the illegal blockades and protests, not people opposing mandates.  That is another ridiculous claim.

It’s used against anyone supporting the protests directly or indirectly.  I provided the direct quote from the CBC in bold in another post. Do your homework.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No violence from the protesters.  They’re removing kids in order to impose state violence against the protesters.  In fact, CAS said that even if the police are causing the violence, the protester parents will be blamed because they were told to leave.  Truly frightening and disgusting.  I wonder when the RCMP will start disappearing political opponents.   

The state is at war with the people. All to protect Trudeau's financial interests in Arbuitus. Very sad

45 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

that cop said he was arresting him for "obstruction"

I'm not even aware of the offence in the criminal code

I assume he means "obstructing a peace officer" ?

for what ? Standing on the side of the road waving a Canadian flag ?

this has reached the threshold of rounding people up and putting them in camps, simply for defying the Fuhrer

Yakking about this or that on a forum is one thing. But when I see people starting to put their fascist wet dreams into reality...I gotta stand-up and say no. I don't want anyone arrested. Can't say the opposition feels the same way.

The other choice is conflict. Real conflict that most if not all of us are ill prepared to conduct let alone survive. I think you'd agree with me there that this is precisely that wrong direction to go...but it's the other choice to what we are seeing now. I refuse to be destroyed in my own country.

Edited by DogOnPorch

17 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What does the protest against vaccine mandates have to do with Islamophobia?   There were many Muslims in the protests.  This is a really rotten and divisive tactic, to try to say that the protests are race-motivated.  

Other than lefties flailing around? Nothing

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The other choice is conflict. Real conflict that most if not all of us are ill prepared to conduct let alone survive. I think you'd agree with me there that this is precisely that wrong direction to go...but it's the other choice to what we are seeing now. I refuse to be destroyed in my own country.

I was an elite soldier, fully prepared for warfighting

but I serve Christ now

I've put down the sword, I'm not going to employ any violence

so I will simply hold the cross high and march with the resistance

until Canada cuts me down in my tracks

rejoice at the coming of the angel of death

when I served in the infantry, the whole point was to stay alive

we were brave, but still afraid to die

but once Jesus comes to you like a stranger in the night

it is life altering

the purpose no longer being to surive

the purpose only being to make your soul

get right, before you are inevitably cut down sooner than you expected

I have a lifelong friend from the regiment

he was shot seven times in an ambush in Croatia

7.62x39mm

he said it wasn't that bad

he didn't feel any pain, just impacts

when he was shot in the head

he said he floated up out of his body

he was looking down on himself in the front right seat, as if he was floating over the hood

do not be afraid of being shot dead, it's not going to hurt as much as you imagine

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Me neither but I also know what it feels to see friends and cohorts suppressed by police action - it must be strange for the new populists to realize that laws apply to them too.  Actually it's sincerely sad.

You aren't the least bit disturbed that after two years of ruining peoples lives, the government is now arresting people who simply want to return to their jobs? 

That's what's most messed about this whole situation... people like you standing on the side of a government while they destroy lives. Very sad

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Me neither but I also know what it feels to see friends and cohorts suppressed by police action - it must be strange for the new populists to realize that laws apply to them too.  Actually it's sincerely sad.

I don't recall Martial Law being declared in order to conduct war on one's fellow Canadians for peacefully protesting before. You can pretend otherwise if you must. Unless you're some sort of FLQ terrorist, I highly doubt you know dick about jack...frankly. Your biggest worry is if they got your frappuccino correct. Prove me wrong.

what I would say to my fellow Christians

is just keep marching with the resistance, crosses held high

keep marching, but not towards a battle

seek the time & place, where your martyrdom will have the most effect

not preaching, I am just another pilgrim on the road to Calvary

we will all be together in the end, over the river under the shade of the trees

15 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...this transcends any specific citizenship (Canadian or American).   Basic principles for liberty and freedom are at stake here, far beyond the Covid mandate merry-go-round.

Lots of Americans are pulling for Canadian patriots.

A lot of people recognize the world-wide implications of the convoy.  That's why it has inspired similar movements all over the world and why so many from the US and the rest of the world donated.

Not because they are being financed by "foreign influencers."

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I don't recall Martial Law being declared in order to conduct war on one's fellow Canadians for peacefully protesting before. You can pretend otherwise if you must. Unless you're some sort of FLQ terrorist, I highly doubt you know dick about jack...frankly. Your biggest worry is if they got your frappuccino correct. Prove me wrong.

Oh - so you are now qualifying your views on protesters ?  You don't say ! :D

You know - people could also qualify things - for example the impact of the protest itself.

So I guess you like protesters now, even though you didn't admit it here.  I mean, why would you do that ?  That would be principled right ?

Also... Frappuccinos are not my thing... it's what you like to drink at night on your way home from necking with random Daschunds at the local dump.

• Haha 1