Trucker's Convoy

West

5 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

That’s where they fall back to semantics saying it reduces spread, not stop. Again, their goal posts have moved so many times that the field is covered in holes 

Yes. Then never acknowledge you point. Just hurl insults and act like children like this blackbird fellow then ignore you. 

Just now, blackbird said:

Omicron: Vaccinated are less likely to spread BA.2, study finds (cnbc.com)

Transmission rates among unvaccinated people were higher with BA.2 compared to BA.1, indicating unvaccinated people were carrying a higher viral load with BA.2. Although fully vaccinated people are more likely to catch BA.2 than the previous strain, they are less likely to spread it to others, researchers found.

People who received a booster were even less likely to transmit the virus than people who were fully vaccinated.

“This indicates that after a breakthrough infection, vaccination protects against further transmission, and more so for BA.2 than BA.1,” the scientists found.

The study also noted that the higher susceptibility to infection and greater transmissibility of BA.2 will likely result in more extensive spread of the virus among unvaccinated kids in schools and day care.    Unquote

Not peer reviewed. It’s a pre-print. I’d love to educate you on the difference but it would be a waste of time. 

In BC this week…76% of the cases are from the fully vaxxed who are 80% of the population. Other provinces show similar if not closer numbers yet you are insisting that draconian mandates are needed when there is no benefit. Again…stop lying

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Omicron: Vaccinated are less likely to spread BA.2, study finds (cnbc.com)

Transmission rates among unvaccinated people were higher with BA.2 compared to BA.1, indicating unvaccinated people were carrying a higher viral load with BA.2. Although fully vaccinated people are more likely to catch BA.2 than the previous strain, they are less likely to spread it to others, researchers found.

People who received a booster were even less likely to transmit the virus than people who were fully vaccinated.

“This indicates that after a breakthrough infection, vaccination protects against further transmission, and more so for BA.2 than BA.1,” the scientists found.

The study also noted that the higher susceptibility to infection and greater transmissibility of BA.2 will likely result in more extensive spread of the virus among unvaccinated kids in schools and day care.    Unquote

But Omicron is far less severe than Delta or the original and very few children (less than most flu strains) end up in hospitals. 

So what's the point of stripping the ability to obtain services from people? 

You going to answer that question or hurl more insults?

8 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

That’s where they fall back to semantics saying it reduces spread, not stop. Again, their goal posts have moved so many times that the field is covered in holes 

Well the situation evolves on both sides. 

Just like how the Alpha wave was much more pathogenic to younger people than the original strain, but people still factor in the original strain data as evidence that only people over 60 are at risk. 

2 minutes ago, West said:

Look at you. 

I've given you studies on who ends up in hospital with Covid. It's the people with 4 comorbities and the elderly regardless of vaccine status. 

Are you going to actually acknowledge that fact? 

Most websites speaking on vaccination and stats also say:

Vaccination reduces hospitalizations in general for all ages.

Older people with comorbities do end up hospital more often and are more likely to die, but you left out the fact that younger people also catch Covid and sometimes end up in hospital and die and younger people also often get long-lasting health issues from Covid.  It is not only the older people who end up in hospital.   

Just because people under 65 are less likely to be hospitalized and less likely to die, does not mean it does not happen.  So what is your point?

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

Not peer reviewed. It’s a pre-print. I’d love to educate you on the difference but it would be a waste of time. 

In BC this week…76% of the cases are from the fully vaxxed who are 80% of the population. Other provinces show similar if not closer numbers yet you are insisting that draconian mandates are needed when there is no benefit. Again…stop lying

The vaccines are likely causing the variants. Amazing how only vaccinated people were allowed to travel yet we keep having new foreign variants show up.. 

Logic blackbird, logic

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Most websites speaking on vaccination and stats also say:

Vaccination reduces hospitalizations in general for all ages.

Older people with comorbities do end up hospital more often and are more likely to die, but you left out the fact that younger people also catch Covid and sometimes end up in hospital and die and younger people also often get long-lasting health issues from Covid.  It is not only the older people who end up in hospital.   

Just because people under 65 are less likely to be hospitalized and less likely to die, does not mean it does not happen.  So what is your point?

Young people end up in hospitals with the flu too...

Pneumonia was around long before covid. 

You know what else the vaccine gives young people? Heart problems. I know one 20 year old who died 2 days after his first shot and a handful of others whove been hospitalized

Edited by West

2 minutes ago, West said:

But Omicron is far less severe than Delta or the original and very few children (less than most flu strains) end up in hospitals. 

So what's the point of stripping the ability to obtain services from people? 

You going to answer that question or hurl more insults?

I agree not to hurl insults.  I hope you also agree to that.

The reason for mandates and health restrictions is not to "strip ...services from people".  The result for health measures is to slow down the spread and protect the population.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I agree not to hurl insults.  I hope you also agree to that.

The reason for mandates and health restrictions is not to "strip ...services from people".  The result for health measures is to slow down the spread and protect the population.

75-80% of cases are vaccinated... 

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

So?

More kids die of the flu than of covid. This is a fact. 

Just because there are SOME young people who get sick (remember young people can have comorbidities too) does not mean that it's a significant threat to young people. 

Covid restrictions have certainly had impacts on childhood development. Speech and language, physical development through sports, etc. 

Edited by West
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well the situation evolves on both sides. 

Just like how the Alpha wave was much more pathogenic to younger people than the original strain, but people still factor in the original strain data as evidence that only people over 60 are at risk. 

Sure. I’m fine with things evolving as long as you acknowledge the change and acknowledge if and when you were wrong. Omicron changed the game but some people act like nothing is different even when the numbers show otherwise 

• Like 1

Sure. I’m fine with things evolving as long as you acknowledge the change and acknowledge if and when you were wrong. Omicron changed the game but some people act like nothing is different even when the numbers show otherwise 

Not only that but we have far more tools now where public policy should adapt to let people move on with their lives.

76% of the cases from fully vaxxed. How exactly is that slowing down the spread? 

The reason is because if 10% are unvaccinated and both can catch Covid, then naturally the number of cases will have a fairly high proportion who are vaccinated.   Simple math.    But vaccinated people are still catching it less than unvaccinated and less likely to spread it.   Nobody says vaccination prevents people completely from catching it.   It simply reduces the chances and more importantly it reduces the chances of serious illness.  That's the point of vaccination.

The number of unvaccinated people in hospitals per the ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated is still greater.  That is the point.

OPP now apparently coming to those who supported Truckers online with a home visit to explain their wrong-think. 

Gestapo-like behaviour will surely improve the situation.

Remember...you support this...which is why I call you a fascist. I paint what I see.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, West said:

More kids die of the flu than of covid. This is a fact. 

Just because there are SOME young people who get sick (remember young people can have comorbidities too) does not mean that it's a significant threat to young people. 

Covid restrictions have certainly had impacts on childhood development. Speech and language, physical development through sports, etc. 

I know restrictions have an impact on young people, but we are still in a pandemic and measures such as vaccination are extremely important.  That is why young people are being vaccinated.    Schools in many provinces are letting kids go back to school to help their development proceed.

We can't eliminate all restrictions because health authorities say we are not at the point yet where we can do that.  The pandemic is still spreading.  Vulnerable people are still dying.  So government and society must continue to try to protect vulnerable people and our economy and health care system from being overloaded.

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The number of unvaccinated people in hospitals per the ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated is still greater.  That is the point.

How many of the vaccinated wouldn't have ended up in hospital without the vaccine or how many unvaccinated wouldn't have ended up in hospital without the vaxx? 

That's the true value of the vaccine. And to be honest you won't know that answer which makes the argument full of fallacy

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Adolf won one election.

He didn't have a bunch of pocket independent" free" media. And he had mental issues. The technology of authoritarian social engineering has made strides since. Still something rings bells... distant echoes.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, West said:

How many of the vaccinated wouldn't have ended up in hospital without the vaccine or how many unvaccinated wouldn't have ended up in hospital without the vaxx? 

That's the true value of the vaccine. And to be honest you won't know that answer which makes the argument full of fallacy

I gave the links.  All health authorities say vaccination reduces the chances of catching Covid and reduces the spread.  I accept the authorities advice.

I don't have to give you a detailed mathematical figure.  I don't think you are being honest or sincere.  Figure it out yourself and do some reading.  You obviously don't accept what almost all authorities have said and almost all reports on the internet.

Just now, myata said:

He didn't have a bunch of pocket indepented" free" media. And he has mental issues. The technology of authoritarian social engineering has made strides since. Still something rings bells... distant echoes.

Yah jus' gotta love that the positive part of that post is that JT is three times the dictator Adolf Hitler was.

:lol:

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

‘Freedom Convoy’ trucker protest: Inside Ambassador Bridge shutdown | LiveNOW from FOX

If you watched the police shut down the Fairy Creek old growth forest blockades, you will know how this ends.

Most likely, the blockaders will be carried away one by one by the police and charged.  Probably happen within the next few days or so unless they decide to obey the injunction which is coming soon.

This is how it may end.   

rcmp_engage_with_protestoers_at_fairy_creek.jpg

Edited by blackbird

Just now, blackbird said:

If you watched the police shut down the Ferry Creek old growth forest blockades, you will know how this ends.

Most likely, the blockaders will be carried away one by one by the police and charged.  Probably happen within the next few days or so unless they decide to obey the injunction which is coming soon.

I know you're hoping for that result as you side with the fascist government. This is not a surprise. 

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I gave the links.  All health authorities say vaccination reduces the chances of catching Covid and reduces the spread.  I accept the authorities advice.

I don't have to give you a detailed mathematical figure.  I don't think you are being honest or sincere.  Figure it out yourself and do some reading.  You obviously don't accept what almost all authorities have said and almost all reports on the internet.

Actually I am being honest and sincere. 

I guess it depends on which experts you ask. There are some that have made the same arguments as me.

I find the present health policy experts are more driven by politics rather than actual facts or scientific method. Also very likely some big money involved so it makes sense they shill for big pharma

Edited by West