Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

it's funny how you guys can ridicule Trudeau and his drama teacher background (I do too admittedly) but then you hold Brian f'ing Peckford up as a shining beacon of academia.  Hilarious.

Yabut, like Accountability Now you're a lefty as well....Michael's a conservative.

I guess I'm still some sort of Stalinesque Nazi tree-hugging fish-murderer.

Anyway's I have to go see if my slave has finished chopping my firewood and checking my crab trap.

And let's look at it this way: you've had two plus years to get all your fascist agenda done. How did it work out? Now let's see what this trucker movement looks like in about two years. Betcha you're a greasy stain on the ground...with truck tire treads crossing.

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Seeing that it is across the country and now across the globe...the protest is pretty damn big. Enough to frighten all you fascists out there.

Oh shut up. You are the only fascist here. You keep on making personal attacks again and again and there is not strong enough moderation here to ban you.

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

But it also makes resolution a higher risk problem.  

Sure, but that's sort of unavoidable.  If you spent any time with a real-life conspiracy theorist, this a path that's hard to pull yourself out of.  My best friend from highschool no longer speaks to his family (they can't handle him anymore) and frankly I can only stand him in small doses now.  He sends me Qanon links and all sorts of other bullshit and I've spent way more time than I should trying to understand the nonsense he's following.  This image really captures the essence of the problem:

tinfoil.png

21 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Seeing that it is across the country and now across the globe...the protest is pretty damn big. Enough to frighten all you fascists out there.

Yes, it is frightening, but not for Fascists.  I don't know how you identify who is a FAscist.  I guess every one who disagrees with you.

It is frightening for everyone.  Cutting off the border could cause empty shelves and shortages of vital supplies like food and medicines.  The protesters said at the beginning the mandates would cause shortages and empty shelves.  Now they are blocking the borders which could really cause empty shelves.  They are liars and crooks.

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, suds said:

I don't blame the truckers for doing what they're doing.  I don't blame those living, or those owning businesses in the affected downtown areas, from being upset. So how about we end the vaccine mandate (at least for the truckers anyway) and get these guys (and gals) back on the highway and doing what they do best?  70% of US/Canada trade is hauled by truck which includes food and medical supplies. The problem is not the truckers, it's Trudeau.  It's his job to do what's best for the country and not his reputation or the Liberal party.

It doesn't matter what Trudeau does, the Americans have the same legislation. Unvaccinated Canadians cannot cross the border. FFS, when is that going to sink in.

2 hours ago, West said:

Exactly the point. Just because a government enacts something doesn't mean it is lawful. 

As mentioned above, the government probably intentionally creates a slow court system. In this case it'll likely take several years to hear and make its way through the process. By that time the mandates will be dropped and will be considered mute. The damage done, however, will be long lasting.

The legal system creates a slow court system, government has little to do with it other than not providing more judges and prosecutors.

The damage done by these protests will be long lasting and very expensive, both to our economy and democracy.

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yeah, I think there have been a couple. There was even one during the last Convoy that got almost the same scale of coverage if you can believe that.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5957337/montreal-climate-change-march-sept-27/

Definitely larger in numbers but how long did they last. From what I could tell they were a one day rally. Is that incorrect?

Not to split hairs but a climate rally has had years of planning available and really no expectation from them to leave that day. This truckers protest arised in weeks and under never seen before circumstances. I would fully expect some disorganization 

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

1. Definitely larger in numbers but how long did they last. From what I could tell they were a one day rally. Is that incorrect?

2. Not to split hairs but a climate rally has had years of planning available and really no expectation from them to leave that day. This truckers protest arised in weeks and under never seen before circumstances. I would fully expect some disorganization 

1. 2. Yes.

Also this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clayoquot_protests

But this is different from those because the goals are less clear and the leadership is more disorganized and using rhetoric that challenges government itself.  At least it seems like that.

I have seen people at protests say crazy things mind you.