Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, West said:

That's the words of the police chief. Yes or no. Should police be charged if they give a glass of water to protestors?

For a guy who quotes the Bible as much as you do I'm surprised you are on board with jailing people over giving q trucker water

I never said anything about jailing them.  Where did you come up with that one?   

They should kick their ass out of there.  Do whatever is necessary to end this nonsense.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I never said anything about jailing them.  Where did you come up with that one?   

They should kick their ass out of there.  Do whatever is necessary to end this nonsense.

I'm asking you to comment on the police chiefs comments about investigating and jailing any officers giving out supplies to truckers. 

Authoritarians always want to do harm to people and shut down folks who they disagree with. Remember BLM protests went on for weeks a few years ago and our pm seems to support them as per his sad comments which you seem to agree with

Edited by West

1 minute ago, West said:

I'm asking you to comment on the police chiefs comments about investigating and jailing any officers giving out supplies to truckers. 

I agree with the police chief.  Of course no officer should be giving out supplies to the occupiers.  What do you think the police are there for?

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Seriously, how old are you?

It was his comment. You, a good Christian man, seem to be supporting the police chief and his call to investigate officers who give a cup of water to the protesters. As you claim to be Christian I just don't see how that aligns with the teachings of Jesus sir.

1 minute ago, West said:

It was his comment. You, a good Christian man, seem to be supporting the police chief and his call to investigate officers who give a cup of water to the protesters. As you claim to be Christian I just don't see how that aligns with the teachings of Jesus sir.

I don't think you know the teachings of Jesus and the Bible.  "1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. {ordained: or, ordered} 2  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5  Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6  For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. "  Romans 13:1-6 KJV

These verses warn against those who resist authority and warns evil doers to be afraid because the authorities bear the sword not in vain.  That means God ordained authorities and they have the power to use whatever force is necessary.

8 minutes ago, West said:

Good Christian answer 

First of all these are not protesters.  They are thugs who are illegally occupying the streets and committing illegal acts.  They deserve the force of the law to end the criminal acts that they committing.  If you think these are law-abiding citizens who are obeying the law, you are talking to the wrong person.

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't think you know the teachings of Jesus and the Bible.  "1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. {ordained: or, ordered} 2  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5  Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6  For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. "  Romans 13:1-6 KJV

These verses warn against those who resist authority and warns evil doers to be afraid because the authorities bear the sword not in vain.  That means God ordained authorities and they have the power to use whatever force is necessary.

Matthew 25

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,(A) 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me,(B) I was sick and you looked after me,(C) I was in prison and you came to visit me.’(D)

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’(E)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

First of all these are not protesters.  They are thugs who are illegally occupying the streets and committing illegal acts.  They deserve the force of the law to end the criminal acts that they committing.  If you think these are law-abiding citizens who are obeying the law, you are talking to the wrong person.

Thugs eh. I saw some kids enjoying a bouncy castle today. I get you are miserable and scared of the flu bug doesn't mean the rest of us need yo be

1 minute ago, West said:

Matthew 25

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,(A) 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me,(B) I was sick and you looked after me,(C) I was in prison and you came to visit me.’(D)

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’(E)

Those verse have no application to people who are illegally occupying the streets and breaking the laws. 

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Those verse have no application to people who are illegally occupying the streets and breaking the laws. 

What laws exactly? The law of the land is the Charter which gives people a right to peacefully assemble and protest. Nowhere in the Charter is there a time limit associated with your protest contrary to what the government is gaslighting you to believe.

The only thing illegal is Trudeau thugs running over protesters

Christians should feed and water people regardless. No wonder your religion is dying. Christians have repeatedly been on the wrong side of history from slavery to nazi Germany using the ridiculous verse you quoted to support vile human rights abuses including the vaxx pass. Shame

Edited by West

19 minutes ago, West said:

What laws exactly? The law of the land is the Charter which gives people a right to peacefully assemble and protest. Nowhere in the Charter is there a time limit associated with your protest contrary to what the government is gaslighting you to believe.

The only thing illegal is Trudeau thugs running over protesters

Christians should feed and water people regardless. No wonder your religion is dying. Christians have repeatedly been on the wrong side of history from slavery to nazi Germany using the ridiculous verse you quoted to support vile human rights abuses including the vaxx pass. Shame

They are breaking bylaws in blocking streets, illegal parking on streets, noise bylaws by blowing their horns 16 or 18 hours a day, threatening and insulting citizens for a start.  They are likely breaking a number of bylaws. Also illegally occupying parks, and constructing illegal buildings.

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Oh wow.  Jesus ministered to the prostitutes, thieves, tax collectors(robbed the people) and beggars.  He took a whip and drove law abiding sellers(they were there legally) out of the temple.  He called the religious leaders(respected law abiders) a brood of vipers.  

Keep reading the Bible…

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

They are breaking bylaws in blocking streets, illegal parking on streets, noise bylaws by blowing their horns 16 or 18 hours a day, threatening and insulting citizens for a start.  They are likely breaking a number of bylaws. Also illegally occupying parks, and constructing illegal buildings.

Bylaw infractions.. give them a parking ticket if warranted. 

You are more worried about a parking infraction then your Prime Minister uttering divisive rhetoric and mandates that promote discrimination. Nice to know where your priorities are. 

Christians get a bad name because often times they are feckless in the midst of some pretty disturbing times. Some Christians have rightfully spoke out though many remain silent. Separating the wheat from the tares. 

Edited by West
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Oh wow.  Jesus ministered to the prostitutes, thieves, tax collectors(robbed the people) and beggars.  He took a whip and drove law abiding sellers(they were there legally) out of the temple.  He called the religious leaders(respected law abiders) a brood of vipers.  

Keep reading the Bible…

All those old testament prophets warning political leaders of impending doom because of the way they oppressed the people mustve been sinning.

6 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

For those of you who ask for proof of violence asking why there are no pictures of Ottawa residents being harassed or attacked..........

Still waiting to see something. Some Proggy looking guy with a shaved head and what looks like some sort of ring in his ear making some allegations and offering up a blurry vid of nothing to prove them isn't doing it.

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Keep reading the Bible…

How you treat the least of my brothers is how you treat me.  

"Ottawa residents are not the only ones facing noisy demonstrations today..." This is the opening line on the world report of a national public broadcaster describing country-wide citizen action against government overreach. And it shows that the problem of our society is way more serious than a wrong face at the top. Many of us want things to go back to the normal; but these problems won't go anywhere, whether arbitrary mandates are lifted or remain "for as long as necessary". The country's democracy is tired and in a deep distress. The pandemic is only bringing the disease into the open.

Edited by myata

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

Lying down is more like it, I've never seen a more thoroughly dejected bunch. In addition to the fake news smothering your senses are all the self fabricated mental spooks you folks labour under. It's hard to believe conservatives really believe all the commie, fascist, Nazi mind control nonsense they throw at anything, everything and anyone that isn't overtly right-wing but...

I'm reminded of the phenomenon where a lie that gets repeated often enough in public becomes believable to that public, I think there's a similar phenomenon at work in the individual whereby repeating an absurdity makes it less absurd to them.  When the whole flock you're in is doing the same thing it just compounds the problem.    

When I was a little kid I discovered a little trick. When I repeated a simple word, any word, over and over in my mind it would soon lose its meaning and I'd find myself in a odd state where I couldn't come up with any word - as if all meaning seemed to vanish for a few moments.  It was easier when I was a kid and it's a truly amazing sensation.  Maybe our brains turn mushy and atrophy over the years or I'm suffering the effects of the 70's but every now and then I get lucky and strike that lost chord.  It's refreshing, like clearing off a cluttered desk or wiping an old cache.

I think if I tried the same trick in a room full of people chanting the same thing over and over I'd only burst out laughing. 

I really don't understand why you keep trying. You're dead wrong about everything and time always proves that.

Do you like losing? 

On 2/5/2022 at 7:16 AM, myata said:

Another good lesson: don't use funding vehicles that will cave in to political pressure. Now they want to control who you donate to (injecting at will isn't enough - and who said that there will be a line, somewhere that would be enough, for sure and for all time?). Best of all to them and their buddies - cronies. They will know how to take best care of it. Just watch them.

That's a good one. Lesson learned: Don't trust official funding mechanisms. That may include banks.

But the more the government uses it's leverage unfairly, it drives people to look elsewhere. And sometimes elsewhere could be the criminal networks. So the government is stupid to block or ban the gofundme, when they could have kept the protest organizers above table and engaged. Now, they're a massive fund looking for a bank account to keep it.

Evidence- the new fund they set up yesterday already earned a reported $1M in the first twelve hours.

By now the government / political class are starting to crap themselves.

This has ignited across the country, grown to something larger and more vague in definition. It is becoming the focus for pent-up anger over the shutdowns, but all being funnelled into one massive action. Mr. Trudeau would do well to keep his private plane on ready.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

This has ignited across the country, grown to something larger and more vague in definition. It is becoming the focus for pent-up anger over the shutdowns, but all being funnelled into one massive action.

We'll have to see what would his party do, is it completely blind and brain-dead already, a good test. But generally, I do not see the answers and an exit to these issues within Canada's political system. It's outdated, self-absorbed and dysfunctional. It cannot be a good way (for the society, not itself) to manage public matters going forward in this century. Looks like a crisis to me.

Edited by myata