Trucker's Convoy

West

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Was there actually a guy with a nazi flag at the convoy? Do you have a link? 

I can't find it now.  One of the alternate news had a reward for information as to his identity.  

Someone who lives in Ottawa identified the place where he was - it was many blocks away from the actual protest. He showed on a map of the area how far away it was from the protest.  But BEHIND the Nazi flag guy was another photographer and HE has been identified as Trudeau's personal photographer.  I saw the picture with him behind the Nazi flag guy, and a normal picture of Trudeau's personal photographer.  Both redheads, bearded, beard cut in exactly the same way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

The picture that Trudeau's photographer took of the Nazi flag guy has not surfaced.  But I think Nazi flag guy was staged, I think Trudeau's photographer took pictures of him and I think this is probably what was sent to Go Fund Me to "prove" the truck convoy are neo Nazis.

The Hammer & Sickle are openly displayed at many if not all BLM and Antifa gatherings.

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Don't like Patriots standing up for their rights...do ya?

Lying down is more like it, I've never seen a more thoroughly dejected bunch. In addition to the fake news smothering your senses are all the self fabricated mental spooks you folks labour under. It's hard to believe conservatives really believe all the commie, fascist, Nazi mind control nonsense they throw at anything, everything and anyone that isn't overtly right-wing but...

I'm reminded of the phenomenon where a lie that gets repeated often enough in public becomes believable to that public, I think there's a similar phenomenon at work in the individual whereby repeating an absurdity makes it less absurd to them.  When the whole flock you're in is doing the same thing it just compounds the problem.    

When I was a little kid I discovered a little trick. When I repeated a simple word, any word, over and over in my mind it would soon lose its meaning and I'd find myself in a odd state where I couldn't come up with any word - as if all meaning seemed to vanish for a few moments.  It was easier when I was a kid and it's a truly amazing sensation.  Maybe our brains turn mushy and atrophy over the years or I'm suffering the effects of the 70's but every now and then I get lucky and strike that lost chord.  It's refreshing, like clearing off a cluttered desk or wiping an old cache.

I think if I tried the same trick in a room full of people chanting the same thing over and over I'd only burst out laughing. 

Edited by eyeball

I'm always amazed at the "Government has your best interest at heart" group. I mean the former Minister of Health is raking in good money sitting on the board of Switch Health, the company awarded the contact for covid testing in airports. 

Strange how people can't see the sketchiness of it all

7 minutes ago, West said:

I'm always amazed at the "Government has your best interest at heart" group. I mean the former Minister of Health is raking in good money sitting on the board of Switch Health, the company awarded the contact for covid testing in airports. 

Some of us do.

For the rest "it's just a coincidence." ?

12 minutes ago, West said:

I recall how fishermen used to point out to Canadians the revolving door that deputy ministers and executives of the largest fishing companies wandered back and forth thru.

50 years ago we were pointing this out. I pointed it out for the 30 years I put in the industry.  Fishermen on both coasts have been pointing this out to all the Canadians in the middle for probably close to a century now.

There's a very good reason why serious economists look at small fishing communities as like being canaries in a coal mine.  If they start dying it tells you something.

Crickets.

Edited by eyeball

7 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

For those of you who ask for proof of violence asking why there are no pictures of Ottawa residents being harassed or attacked..........

An Ottawa resident was violently attacked by several protesters for trying to take a picture of them!!. 

Looks like the leftists have been vandalizing trucks. No surprises

2 minutes ago, West said:

Looks like the leftists have been vandalizing trucks. No surprises

You are making a mockery out of yourself on a public forum by responses to clear violent acts like that. Or calling anyone who disagrees with your far right extremist views a leftist!!!!

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

I just got back from the convoy, and what was most incredible was seeing people live freely.  A steel drummer was playing Caribanna sounds.  Feminists, interestingly enough, talking about free choice; Christian farmers, Siks, Iranians, Israelis, Saudis, Russians, Latinas.   All religions represented.  Everyone talking about importance of freedom, free speech, the human spirit and liberty.  Very warm environment.  Most social I felt in public in two years.   Like a great awakening of humanity.  People talking about Christ, Buddha, Mohammed, the Charter protections.  Black, White, everyone just enjoying life.

image.thumb.jpeg.a273b511ab2020adccd8046ed4fd7998.jpeg

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are making a mockery out of yourself on a public forum by responses to clear violent acts like that. Or calling anyone who disagrees with your far right extremist views a leftist!!!!

Any arrests have been tips given by the truckers to the police about violent attacks on property and persons of peaceful protesters. This is fact

16 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

In English please!!

Leftist runs over 4 protesters in Winnipeg. Cops arrest agitators in Ottawa. Yet its the fault of those peacefully protesters. 

Leftists are like abusive partners. No matter how much they attack you, they still blame you for their actions. Pretty sad actually 

On 2/3/2022 at 12:50 PM, myata said:

Right such an impossible conundrum given two decades (2002, SARS: we need to improve epidemiological preparedness!) and uncounted public trillions spent (let's fix it for a generation!!).

So says Mr. Hindsight.

Edited by Aristides

This thread has become nothing more than an echo chamber with a handful of "freedom" protesters echoing each other constantly.

Here is a news article describing how Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe has gone off the deep end in ignoring medical experts and supporting the anti-restrictions "freedom" convoy.  He is completely out of touch with not only medical experts, but out of sync with other political leaders in Canada.

Political scientists say Sask premier's stance on vaccines is unprecedented (msn.com)

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

This subject has pretty well been beaten to death the past couple years.  It is tragic if someone has a serious effect from the vaccine, but from what I have heard regularly, it is extremely rare.  The issue is that over a million people have died from Covid in the world, and about 33,000 in Canada have died.  Many who survived Covid have lasting negative health effects.  So the point I am making is the vaccine is the only real protection the world has to this deadly virus.  It is terrible if someone died as a result, but it is like a war.  Look at the millions who died fighting for their country in wars.  Even police officers risk their lives every day to protect society but occasionally one of them gets killed.  We don't abolish the police because of that. 

We didn't ask for this virus.  Our authorities are doing the best they can to protect us from it.  Thousands, maybe tens of thousands of lives have been saved in Canada by vaccination.  So tell me what is the rationale for opposing something that saves so many lives.  Surely you can't say because a rare case has negative consequences that vaccination shouldn't happen.  Your comment is that of an anti-vaxxer. 

I have a grand daughter who has been an anti-vaxxer for years and she has put four kids in danger because she caught Covid and spread it to her family.  She could have died and left the three little ones and the older kid with no mother.  However, she is set in her thinking and I can't do anything about it except pray.  She survived Covid although I heard she was quite ill for a few days.  Thankfully her husband had to be vaccinated for his job.

I am not anti-vaxxer or pro-vaxxer. C19 vaxx is one of the protections only, not the best. It is like saying analytics is the only real tool to gain an understanding of a hockey player. First of all, C19 vaxx cannot stop you from getting or spreading C19. So, your granddaughter getting C19 and spreading C19 to her family have little to do with anti-vaxx, maybe she might not be ill for a few days if she had vaxxed. Also, why we hv lockdown for the vaxxed?

look at this, some funny thing happen in Israel, a place where over 90% vaxx, 4th C19 boosters, vaxx passport for daily life.
U2VPk7u.jpg

In the end, people want choice not mandate because c19 vaxx is not the Silver bullet.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

Ummmm Poliviere just tweeted this:

"I'm running for Prime Minister to give you back control over your life"

I was hopeful, for a second but really? I have to be him to give it back to you? Is it that we need, life and freedom as a handout from high above? After today? Or should we rather have "let's come together and rethink and renew our democracy so that this never happens again?".

30 minutes ago, blackbird said:

This thread has become nothing more than an echo chamber with a handful of "freedom" protesters echoing each other constantly.

Here is a news article describing how Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe has gone off the deep end in ignoring medical experts and supporting the anti-restrictions "freedom" convoy.  He is completely out of touch with not only medical experts, but out of sync with other political leaders in Canada.

Political scientists say Sask premier's stance on vaccines is unprecedented (msn.com)

Do you believe cops who give a glass of water to protesters should be investigated and prosecuted as the chief of police has said? Is there anything your side can do that you would say is completely bonkers and even bordering on 1930s era Germany?

3 hours ago, taxesanddeath said:

I am not anti-vaxxer or pro-vaxxer. C19 vaxx is one of the protections only, not the best. It is like saying analytics is the only real tool to gain an understanding of a hockey player. First of all, C19 vaxx cannot stop you from getting or spreading C19. So, your granddaughter getting C19 and spreading C19 to her family have little to do with anti-vaxx, maybe she might not be ill for a few days if she had vaxxed. Also, why we hv lockdown for the vaxxed?

look at this, some funny thing happen in Israel, a place where over 90% vaxx, 4th C19 boosters, vaxx passport for daily life.
U2VPk7u.jpg

In the end, people want choice not mandate because c19 vaxx is not the Silver bullet.

Why do you pick information on Israel which is totally different than many other countries?  Something suspicious about that.  Look at the statistics for the U.S.   A graph shows unvaccinated people in the U.S. have a death rate of about 100 times greater than people who are fully vaccinated with their booster shot.

How do death rates from COVID-19 differ between people who are vaccinated and those who are not? - Our World in Data

Fully vaccinated people are 93% less likely to die of COVID compared to unvaccinated people

Here is the COVID death rate for vaccinated people vs. unvaccinated people | Fortune

There are no lockdowns for the vaccinated.  There are vaccine mandate and passports but no lockdowns.  Do you know the difference? 

Nov. 10, 2021 – While COVID-19 vaccine mandates have sparked lawsuits and protests, the data shows that they’re working and increasing vaccination rates.

.COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates Are Working, Public Health Experts Say (webmd.com)

2 hours ago, West said:

Do you believe cops who give a glass of water to protesters should be investigated and prosecuted as the chief of police has said? Is there anything your side can do that you would say is completely bonkers and even bordering on 1930s era Germany?

A glass of water?  Are you a kid or an adult?   I oppose illegal blockades and the steady noise they are making which is criminal.  I can't see this lasting much longer.  The authorities will have to take action.  These are criminals blockading and occupying streets.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

A glass of water?  Are you a kid or an adult?   I oppose illegal blockades and the steady noise they are making which is criminal.  I can't see this lasting much longer.  The authorities will have to take action.  These are criminals blockading and occupying streets.

That's the words of the police chief. Yes or no. Should police be charged if they give a glass of water to protestors?

For a guy who quotes the Bible as much as you do I'm surprised you are on board with jailing people over giving q trucker water

Edited by West