Why does Canada allow itself to be influenced and propagandized by Communist China?

5 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

By your numbers was she was already 3 weeks pregnant when they went to an "undisclosed "island. Where was she in the week of March 20th? anyway, we are getting away from the topic about Chinese influence in Canada.

She could easily have had an 8-1/2 month pregnancy.  There is nothing to prove she got pregnant in March.  That argument has no merit.

I don't think it is that far from the topic because it just demonstrates the Liberal PMs close ties and affection for Communist countries.

Edited by blackbird

Why does the United States allow itsself to be influenced by Canadian propoganda?

Lorne Green, William Shatner, Justin Bieber, David Frum, Chris Wylie, Shania Twain, Faye Wray, Louis B. Meyer,

Alexander Graham Bell, Michael J. Fox, Christopher Plummer, Wayne and Schuster, "Franklin W. Dixon", a quarter of the cast of Young and the Restless, the former Avro Arrow engineers who put Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Peter Jennings, and about a hundred thousand other influencers. 

10 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Why does the United States allow itsself to be influenced by Canadian propoganda?

Lorne Green, William Shatner, Justin Bieber, David Frum, Chris Wylie, Shania Twain, Faye Wray, Louis B. Meyer,

Alexander Graham Bell, Michael J. Fox, Christopher Plummer, Wayne and Schuster, "Franklin W. Dixon", a quarter of the cast of Young and the Restless, the former Avro Arrow engineers who put Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Peter Jennings, and about a hundred thousand other influencers. 

Still don't know the difference between western democracies and Communist dictatorships I see.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:48 AM, blackbird said:

We are going to be further propagandized by Shun Yen this spring, an extravagant entertainment show about China before the Communist revolution.  They say it is China "before the Communist revolution" but still the whole thing is to sell China as a place we should be connected to.  We are not all that dumbed down.  They can propagandize on a large scale like that in various cities in Canada because Canada is an open western democracy.  See how far the west would get if we went to China and put on shows like that about how great the west is.  You think the CCP would allow that to happen?   Not a chance.

It's extremely arrogant to think any countries can survive without China and their trade. America found that under trump with his silly tariffs. 

I think you are paranoid about china and communism. There's nothing you can do about it but to ignore and hate them won't change it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colin Norris said:

It's extremely arrogant to think any countries can survive without China and their trade. America found that under trump with his silly tariffs. 

I think you are paranoid about china and communism. There's nothing you can do about it but to ignore and hate them won't change it. 

they survived without China and their trade for a long time prior to China opening up

why can't they now, because you didn't like Trump retaliating to China's tariffs?

lulz

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

What utter horse shit. Trump's tariffs worked great. I would support a full embargo on China. No trade...no immigration...no CCP.

We need our own manufacturing base. We have everything we need and then some.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

What utter horse shit. Trump's tariffs worked great. I would support a full embargo on China. No trade...no immigration...no CCP.

You ate as ignorant as a stump. His tariffs immediately made agricultural exports like grain, too expensive for China to import but I don't expect you to know that. Trump must have thought they would not retaliate. He was ignorant enough to suggest the Chinese would pay all tariffs and you bought that crap then simultaneously wondered why prices had increased. You probably blamed Biden for it. You're not real smart son.

What is horseshit is a complete embargo on China.  Can you imagine how the exports to China would cayse agriculture to totally collapse? Of course not because you know nothing about the subject. Trumps tariffs caused hundreds of suicides amongst farming when banks foreclosed due to China not wanting their grain. You didn't know that? If course you didn't. Neither did you know 32 billion was allocated to farmers as compensation for the tariffs.

Who Do you think paid for that?The Chinese? 

Basically, you've got no idea what you are talking about.  Your whole argument is  based on ignorance and hate for the Chinese. 

We need our own manufacturing base. We have everything we need and then some.

What you need is somewhere to sell excess products like grain etc. China is the by far the largest importer if that. 

Trump had 4 years to bring all the jobs home and he did  nothing but you all fell for that also while China laughed at his ignorance and stupidity. 

But the irony to say you need a manufacturing base but won't stop buying Chinese products on price alone. Thats an oxymoron. 

Have a glance at the current account deficit between the USA and China since trumps folly with them. Get yourself clued up before you hook into someone with more knowledge than you. Have another go. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they survived without China and their trade for a long time prior to China opening up

why can't they now, because you didn't like Trump retaliating to China's tariffs?

lulz

How ignorant are you to suggest that in this day and age? 

If memory serves me correctly it was the Republican Nixon who originally wanted trade with China. 

I remind you, it was trump who initiated the tariffs, not china. That argument is ridiculous so get some facts. 

9 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

If memory serves me correctly it was the Republican Nixon who originally wanted trade with China. 

I remind you, it was trump who initiated the tariffs, not china. That argument is ridiculous so get some facts. 

China has always had much higher tariffs on American products than vice versa

Trump simply returned the favor, and the Chinese still had higher tariffs, even so

China started the trade war, America simply took decades to retaliate, and not even proportionately when they finally did

if you think China is the pro-free trade country of the two, you couldn't be more wrong

they are vastly more protectionist than America

quit projecting your own ignorance on me

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

Yes Nixon...with the help of Trudeau. One left in disgrace...and Nixon had issues too.

Trump initiated tariffs?  Actually Bush and Obama initiated tariffs on China. 

18 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

Have a glance at the current account deficit between the USA and China since trumps folly with them. Get yourself clued up before you hook into someone with more knowledge than you. Have another go. 

Just  by using the term 'Current Account Deficit' you reveal yourself as understanding economics a level above those are you discussing with.  My advice is to find people who have your level of knowledge and still disagree with you - then proceed in a kind of dialectical dance to learn truths.

Those who say "shut down trade with China 100%" really have no idea.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:14 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Trump's tariffs worked great ! ? 

How so?

I thought you were ignoring me. Never the less, it was Bush and the almighty mulatto POTUS who first instituted tariffs on China. Trump's tariffs were, and still are since Biden has not rescinded them, hurting China financially. I understand now China is having a real estate crisis. They've apparently built too many condos. What a shame. Be that as it is...

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-tariffs-on-china-will-benefit-america-and-are-long-overdue

China has been robbing America, and indeed the entire Western World, ever since Clinton got them into the WTO. "Well done Bill...ya self-serving child molester".

So...Mr. Faux Conservative...since you apparently want to protect China, and play in the sandbox with all the little Globalists trying to destroy nationhood, may I suggest you move to Taiwan? I understand the Chinese are on their way there to save the Taiwanese from the evils of freedom and individuality. It would be great! Everyone with the same cloths, no money to worry about, and hey...every once in a while, you might even get to watch one of those evil freedom-loving bastards...get run over by a tank.

You'd love it...trust me.

41 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

they don’t value freedom enough to resist the influence.  

So show you value freedom by banning any touring Chinese circus ?  Okaaay.

What better way to show you're insecure about freedom of speech than to ban people who oppose you.

Cancel culture, again.

58 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So show you value freedom by banning any touring Chinese circus ?  Okaaay.

What better way to show you're insecure about freedom of speech than to ban people who oppose you.

Cancel culture, again.

I’m not proposing banning anyone or their speech.  I’m opposed to copying totalitarian policy.  

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m not proposing banning anyone or their speech.  I’m opposed to copying totalitarian policy.  

Nice and vague.  See the OP - its about this: https://www.shenyunperformingarts.org/

What do you propose to do about a touring performance troupe ?  How do we "resist" as you point out ?

I'm asking this honestly - I don't doubt your response could be reasonable but just trying to frame with the oP.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Just  by using the term 'Current Account Deficit' you reveal yourself as understanding economics a level above those are you discussing with.  My advice is to find people who have your level of knowledge and still disagree with you - then proceed in a kind of dialectical dance to learn truths.

Those who say "shut down trade with China 100%" really have no idea.

My terminology is accurate and I challenge them to prove otherwise. 

It's not hard to appear more intelligent than most of these. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Yes Nixon...with the help of Trudeau. One left in disgrace...and Nixon had issues too.

Trump initiated tariffs?  Actually Bush and Obama initiated tariffs on China. 

It was trump who initiated the tariffs I speak of during his term. It proved to be an outragous ignorant foolish attempt to punish them for the current account deficit. But he was taking his riding instructions from the not so intelligent peanut gallery who wound him up.