Why does Canada allow itself to be influenced and propagandized by Communist China?

We are going to be further propagandized by Shun Yen this spring, an extravagant entertainment show about China before the Communist revolution.  They say it is China "before the Communist revolution" but still the whole thing is to sell China as a place we should be connected to.  We are not all that dumbed down.  They can propagandize on a large scale like that in various cities in Canada because Canada is an open western democracy.  See how far the west would get if we went to China and put on shows like that about how great the west is.  You think the CCP would allow that to happen?   Not a chance.

It's not just Canada.  I bet the majority of Congressmen in some way are compromised by China.  Too much money to be made.  I can't remember which Congressman it was but they had a tool business that manufactured in China.  And let's be real.  When have you ever heard a lawmaker say anything negative about China?  In Canada, the Liberals have been tied with China since at least Martin with his shipping business.

• Thanks 1

The major question is; why do we allow Chinese media when Chinese media censors our media?

Why is it only one way, just like why do we accept all of their imports and accept their jobs theft, but they do not accept our exports?

The answer might me that there is an interest from the higher ups in our own country to serve CCP. We must not confuse ourselves by pointing the finger toward people 10000km away for the real foe. It is not China, it is not the CCP. It is the Conservative Party, the Liberals and the NDP, alongside the financial elites in Toronto and in Montreal who are the ones we should blame.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The major question is; why do we allow Chinese media when Chinese media censors our media?

Why is it only one way, just like why do we accept all of their imports and accept their jobs theft, but they do not accept our exports?

The answer might me that there is an interest from the higher ups in our own country to serve CCP. We must not confuse ourselves by pointing the finger toward people 10000km away for the real foe. It is not China, it is not the CCP. It is the Conservative Party, the Liberals and the NDP, alongside the financial elites in Toronto and in Montreal who are the ones we should blame.

The interests in China are mammoth.  We have sold them our soul.  Try to buy something NOT made in China.  Even Japanese high end goods are manufactured in China.  Leadership worldwide has no interest in rocking that boat.  Even if it does come at a cost to the average Joe.

16 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The short answer is: we have freedom.  We're supposed to believe that bad ideas die and yet people worry endlessly about bad ideas.

Also WHEN IS THIS SHOW COMING AND TO WHERE ?

• Like 1

Is there another country on the planet that China does not take advantage of and bully? Canada certainly does let Communist China walk all over us as do a lot of other countries, including the US under Biden. The Trudeau's have long been fans of Communist China so it's no surprise given how soft Justin is with China. We are all guilty of buying Chinese made products, myself included.

Why we let them do it I can't say for certain. The huge trade deficit, we want access to the Chinese market are factors. China never plays by the rules, they have easy access to Canada while our access is limited.

I wish more of the free world would take a tougher stance against China but that's unlikely.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The short answer is: we have freedom.  We're supposed to believe that bad ideas die and yet people worry endlessly about bad ideas.

Shen Yun 2021-2022 is coming to Canada and U.S.A. in dozens of cities across America and cities in Canada, including Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver.  A number of shows in Vancouver March.

It is sold as the rebirth of 5000 years of culture in China before the Communist Revolution.

Shen Yun 2021-22 in Canada

This is a major extravaganza show.  Tickets in Vancouver are listed at $138 to $440 depending on seating area.  You can watch the trailer of the show at:

Shen Yun Performing Arts Tickets | 26th March | Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver, Canada

It nowhere reflects Communist China as it is today and does not claim to.

The west are open democracies and likely do not have the power to prevent such events, while China is a tightly controlled totalitarian state and can do whatever the party wants at the snap of fingers of the supreme leader.   As Trudeau said when he praised them, they can "turn on a dime".

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

I think we can thank PM Pierre Elliot Trudeau who in 1970 was one of the first western countries to establish full diplomatic relations with Communist China.  Since then roots have been put down in both countries and China has become Canada's second largest trading partner.

Now, Canada has joined three of the Five Eyes, the UK, the U.S., Australia and possibly another country to not send diplomats or politicians to the Beijing Olymplcs in February, in order to defend human rights.  France and Italy won't join the boycott and plan to send diplomats.  I am not surprised as I have read a good part of the book "Hidden Hand" that goes into extensive detail about how countries in Europe have been heavily influenced and brought into China's sphere of influence.  The book is available on Amazon as a Kindle download for a few dollars.  The influence on western politicians and former politicians and other influential figures in the west is extensive.

Edited by blackbird

https://www.powercorporation.com/en/companies/organization-chart/

The Chinese Communist Party owns ~14% of the Power Corporation of Canada. As far as I'm concerned...China can kiss my back-side. All debt and all assets need to be frozen and/or seized. There should be NO MORE business dealing with these bastards and their businesses. A full-on complete embargo.

As for the sell-outs involved with this Power Corporation...which includes Pixie-Dust Trudeau...they need to be identified, boycotted and destroyed. ALL OF THE TRAITORS!

On 12/24/2021 at 7:00 AM, Michael Hardner said:

We have freedom? No.

We USED TO have freedom.

Today we have psychological enslavement, to which the ONLY beneficiaries are the CCP.

Canadians are mere fodder to these monsters.

"Why does Canada allow itself to be influenced and propagandized by Communist China?"

Because both the corporate left and right outsourced our production there years ago and allowed free market neoliberal financial globalization to have Canada bought up by foreign interests.  Now the pandemic has shown that we are like Cuba having to use the same used cars over and over again.

Edited by G Huxley
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So then what is the answer to the question I answered?  Why do we allow Chinese media, Facebook etc. ?

That's simple. Money and Power. I suppose you could argue that we have the freedom to make money. You could also argue that we have the freedom to use said money to accumulate power. On those 2 counts, you'd be absolutely correct. But history shows us...over and over...that money and power corrupt people. Make them do awful things in the name of "more". Things like...buying up all the media so only your position is reported to the masses. With that sort of power, you could make people believe up is down...right is wrong...male is female...

Our "freedoms" are now allowed us by those who control the messaging...the schooling...our very thoughts. To buck this and proclaim yourself free of those who work to enslave you is...now illegal in many cases.

Which, of course, begs the question: 'How much do we value our "freedoms"'?

Edited by Nationalist

On 12/23/2021 at 7:34 PM, Faramir said:

The interests in China are mammoth.  We have sold them our soul.  Try to buy something NOT made in China.  Even Japanese high end goods are manufactured in China.  Leadership worldwide has no interest in rocking that boat.  Even if it does come at a cost to the average Joe.

This is a double edge sword here, the average joe does not care where it is built, but the cost is it cheap. The market drives demand, and until the market decides we do not want cheap shit, it is going to keep pouring in...Greed is the other side of the coin, big money to be made with cheap labor, lack of laws like in the trade mark field, etc, and we are not getting rid of greed anytime soon. The government use to sponsor by made in Canada all the time...over the tv and  radio not any more, shit we can not even sell our own oil across the country. 

41 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Have you heard Dire Straits "Money For Nothin" on canadian radio lately?

No - is that a touring show that the government can ban for no reason?  Is Dire Straits allowed in Canada ?

More to the point...

Are you going to be one of those new posters who loves to post apples to oranges and calls Trudeau a 'Communist' and says The National Post is state media ?

God, I hope not.

Anyway - the point is that somebody asked "why do we allow a show to happen in Canada ?'.   The obvious answer is that we allow "shows" as a default.  We don't ban them for no reason because we are free, we aren't China.

All of this side noise isn't interesting...

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No - is that a touring show that the government can ban for no reason?  Is Dire Straits allowed in Canada ?

More to the point...

Are you going to be one of those new posters who loves to post apples to oranges and calls Trudeau a 'Communist' and says The National Post is state media ?

God, I hope not.

Anyway - the point is that somebody asked "why do we allow a show to happen in Canada ?'.   The obvious answer is that we allow "shows" as a default.  We don't ban them for no reason because we are free, we aren't China.

All of this side noise isn't interesting...

So...we do ban art. Thus your original statement is a little naive.

I'm one of those new posters who is tired of watching the public be lead down a dead-end lane...for their own good of course.

I don't think Pixie-Dust is a Communist. Hell I don't think he has the balls to be that extreme. He's simply a bought and paid for shill.

I do happen to enjoy a couple of the opinion writers at the Post though.

You?

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. So...we do ban art. Thus your original statement is a little naive.

2. I do happen to enjoy a couple of the opinion writers at the Post though. You?

1. So because we ban things, should we just expect all things to be banned??

2. Yes, as a Conservative I naturally support the press 

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. So because we ban things, should we just expect all things to be banned??

2. Yes, as a Conservative I naturally support the press 

1. Now you're being silly.

2. Support of the press is a conservative trait? Have you been paying attention these last 6 or 7 years?