Alec Baldwin facing backlash for 2017 tweet questioning 'how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone'

Infidel Dog

So this happened:

"On Thursday, Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun on the set of 'Rust,' killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins."

And this kind of thing does happen. Remember when Bruce Lee's son died on a set the same way?

But what I'm finding more interesting is the backlash. Baldwin's old tweets are coming back to haunt him.

"

Actor Alec Baldwin is facing criticism for a 2017 tweet he posted in which he questions "how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone."

On Thursday, Baldwin, 63, was at the center of a Hollywood tragedy that unfolded on the set of the movie "Rust." Authorities said that Baldwin fired a prop gun on a movie set that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. Director Joel Souza was identified as the crew member taken to the hospital. He has since been released, "Rust" star Frances Fisher claimed on Twitter.

Twitter users are now zeroing in on Baldwin's past social media activity and one glaring tweet he posted on Sept. 22, 2017 reads: "I wonder how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone..." The tweet also included a link to a Los Angeles Times article about a Huntington Beach police officer who was captured on video struggling with a suspect in a parking lot of a convenience store before shooting the man several times, killing him.

"this did not age well," one Twitter user wrote on the thread of Baldwin's tweet."

There's more:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-facing-backlash-tweet-questioning-wrongfully-kill-someone

Edited by Infidel Dog

1 hour ago, Cannucklehead said:

It's sad to know that people don't know the difference between wrongfully and accidentally.  

On the surface it seems like that cop was justified in that shooting so perhaps wrongfully should be replaced by justified. Nobody should get any satisfaction from Baldwin's situation either. A life was lost and that's tragic.

OK, now do the Dick Cheney one where Baldwin mocked the Cheney accidental hunting accident shooting. That was another of the Baldwin tweets mocked Karma-style.

"We're all curious, @AlecBaldwIn___. Did you shoot em in the face? Cheney style?"

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

I didn't recall Baldwin's accusations against Cheney years ago with respect to that shooting incident. Now it seems that those accusations are being glossed over.

Alec Baldwin's Name Removed From Article Calling Dick Cheney Terrorist for Shooting Accident After Baldwin Shoots, Kills Woman on Set - The Dissenter (disntr.com)

Why is that every time something unfortunate happens we feel the need to drag up someone's entire life and air it to everyone that will listen...  like we were 3 years old on the play ground... it is as if these people don't have anything going on in their lives, and they want to see someone else suffer for once.... The guy took someone's life FFS, nobody can change that.  he'll have to live with that every day of his life ..

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 2:30 PM, Cannucklehead said:

It's sad to know that people don't know the difference between wrongfully and accidentally.  

It's sad to know that Baldwin doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because he was wrong when he accused the officer of wrongfully killing that man. 

On 10/22/2021 at 4:06 PM, ironstone said:

On the surface it seems like that cop was justified in that shooting so perhaps wrongfully should be replaced by justified. Nobody should get any satisfaction from Baldwin's situation either. A life was lost and that's tragic.

I have a huge hatred for the word 'justified', it seems to be at the heart of evil in a lot of instances.

I would call it an "unfortunate shooting, mainly caused by leftist-induced stupidity".

On 10/23/2021 at 12:59 PM, BubberMiley said:

It's good that these people, who are scum of the earth, are too stupid not to let it clearly be known they are scum of the earth.

That was one of your best posts ever if you would have just left your own comment out of it. 

FYI, Baldwin's post was made to heap shame on an officer who was actually shooting a person who had tried to kill him with his own gun, and the autopsy revealed that M Brown's hands weren't up when he was shot. Also, the left wing media that you love so much was guilty of spreading lies about that case for months. 

Baldwin is guilty as sin of criminal negligence causing death, because he's a producer for that movie and there was a long history of live rounds being discharged on the set: https://www.newsweek.com/alec-baldwin-could-held-liable-rust-shooting-producer-not-actor-experts-1642730

a crew member told a unit production manager in a text message, "We've now had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe," according to a copy of the message reviewed by the newspaper.

Having a single accidental discharge of a live round on the set should have been a clear signal that they needed to completely overhaul their gun-safety protocols. It's the producers who make that call.

When Baldwin shot that woman it was the fourth such episode. That's incomprehensible. 

If there's a tweet from Baldwin out there that didn't age well, it would be one saying something along the lines of "Get vaccinated to protect other people or you're a murderer."

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Baldwin is guilty as sin of criminal negligence causing death, because he's a producer for that movie and there was a long history of live rounds being discharged on the set: https://www.newsweek.com/alec-baldwin-could-held-liable-rust-shooting-producer-not-actor-experts-1642730

Having a single accidental discharge of a live round on the set should have been a clear signal that they needed to completely overhaul their gun-safety protocols. It's the producers who make that call.

When Baldwin shot that woman it was the fourth such episode. That's incomprehensible. 

If there's a tweet from Baldwin out there that didn't age well, it would be one saying something along the lines of "Get vaccinated to protect other people or you're a murderer."

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/movies/assistant-director-who-handed-alec-baldwin-deadly-weapon-was-axed-from-2019-movie-over-gun-incident

If anyone is guilty in all of this its that guy.  

David Halls – the first Assistant Director on the movie – handed Baldwin the gun, and it has now emerged that he was fired from the film Freedom’s Path two years ago when a crew member was injured in a similar incident.

57 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/movies/assistant-director-who-handed-alec-baldwin-deadly-weapon-was-axed-from-2019-movie-over-gun-incident

If anyone is guilty in all of this its that guy.  

David Halls – the first Assistant Director on the movie – handed Baldwin the gun, and it has now emerged that he was fired from the film Freedom’s Path two years ago when a crew member was injured in a similar incident.

He's definitely the most culpable of anyone involved, but theoretically there were 4 incidents on that set involving the discharge of live rounds. At some point the people in charge needed to step up and foolproof the guns 'n ammo situation but apparently that didn't even happen after the 3rd incident.

This reminds me of the saying 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'.... But in this case it's "trick me into shooting a live round when I thought I was shooting a blank once.....' 

I'd never fire a gun on that set without personally checking it myself, probably on a closed circuit TV so that everyone could see for themselves, but if the gun wasn't in my hand then I'd be with the people who just left the set and didn't come back after the second instance. Twice is incomprehensible. 3 times is nearly impossible among mammals that walk upright. 4 times!?!?!?!? WTF?????? if he didn't hit someone on the 4th occasion would there have been a 5th? A 6th? It seems like there probably would. Why wouldn't there? 

Before this story, the dumbest thing that I ever heard was Lisa Swetnick's: "I went to about ten parties where Kavanaugh and his friends gang-raped girls." At least I could laugh at that one. There's nothing funny about this, the only consolation is the fact that it proves, without a doubt, how much of an idiot Baldwin is. 

Edited by WestCanMan

*Kinda stupid and seriously insensitive material spoiler alert*

Alec Baldwin was the lead actor in the movie Red October, in which a Soviet commander and his crew wanted to defect to the US with their super-sub, and Alec Baldwin was the guy who knew that, and he was trying to stop his navy from killing that sub when it entered US waters.

The girl that Alec killed, in October, was the daughter of a submarine commander from Murmansk. She grew up there. 

I know it's a bit of dumb thing to talk about right now, but the coincidences are outrageous. 

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6226872

Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said it's too early to comment on whether any charges will be filed. He also noted that 500 rounds of ammunition — a mix of blanks, dummy rounds and live rounds — were found while searching the set.

Wtf were live rounds doing on the set?  Something is really wrong here.  

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    paradox34

• SkyHigh earned a badge
      Posting Machine
    • SkyHigh went up a rank
      Proficient
    • gatomontes99 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • gatomontes99 went up a rank