Jump to content

Trudeau is going to lose.


PIK

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The Star of all papers ripped him a new one. That photo op over the grave with the teddy bear has stepped over the line. People, Especially natives are furious. And once the election starts, people start to pay attention, things will change. Many libs i bet will not vote this time.

Edited by PIK
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PIK said:

The Star of all papers ripped him a new one. That photo op over the grave with the teddy bear has stepped over the line. People, Especially natives are furious. And once the election starts, people start to pay attention, things will change. Many libs i bet will not vote this time.

Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Tories have allowed the other parties to control the narrative for the last ten years by, in part, having no interesting policies, no vision, nothing much to offer other than "we're not Trudeau". That's not going to work. If they want to win they need to talk about the things they'll do Canadians want. And no, I don't mean minor, targeted tax cuts for specific voter blocks.

I think O'Toole would make a better PM than Trudeau, and the Conservatives would make a better government. But if Canadians are left talking about the Liberal  plans, and what the Liberals and NDP say about how the evil Tories are going to ban abortions and gays and don't care about global warming and love white supremacists (like last time) then they're going to lose big time.

Edited by Argus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is a big problem in Canadian federal politics in general, let it be said.

Your reference to Argus' post . . . 'no vision'.  Combined with a politically lazy, entitled, and ignorant voter, this has created the perfect storm for the likes of Trudeau and Butts. 

Brains/Butts  and  Bobble-head/Trudeau . . . . . and more of the same coming to a theatre near you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Argus said:

The Tories have allowed the other parties to control the narrative for the last ten years by, in part, having no interesting policies, no vision, nothing much to offer other than "we're not Trudeau". That's not going to work. If they want to win they need to talk about the things they'll do Canadians want. And no, I don't mean minor, targeted tax cuts for specific voter blocks.

I think O'Toole would make a better PM than Trudeau, and the Conservatives would make a better government. But if Canadians are left talking about the Liberal  plans, and what the Liberals and NDP say about how the evil Tories are going to ban abortions and gays and don't care about global warming and love white supremacists (like last time) then they're going to lose big time.

You forgot soldiers in the streets with guns. I think people are going to wake up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

I guess you are saying that the Conservatives, NDP and Greens will never nominate a good candidate ?

My response is: maybe you are right.

The Conservatives have a problem in finding quality bilingual candidates. Their centre of support is out west and in rural Ontario. Every time the leadership becomes vacant they are left to choose among a handful of barely capable people with barely capable French. This is not an issue for the Liberals, of course, for their centre of support is Quebec and urban Ontario. The Tories surely had better people available than O'Toole and Scheer and Day - or even the introvert Harper. But they had to pick from the only bilingual ones available. Even their French MPs are generally from the Quebec city region and few have really good English to make themselves strong options.

Edited by Argus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Argus said:

1. The Conservatives have a problem in finding quality bilingual candidates.

2. Their centre of support is out west and in rural Ontario. Every time the leadership becomes vacant they are left to choose among a handful of barely capable people with barely capable French. This is not an issue for the Liberals, of course, for their centre of support is Quebec and urban Ontario.

3. The Tories surely had better people available than O'Toole and Scheer and Day - or even the introvert Harper.
 

1. Was Harper one ?
2. I dunno.  I think they would vote for the right anglophone
3. Harper was perfect.  I would even have voted for him if he had switched a few of his policies.  Canadians like the downbeat types just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Was Harper one ?
2. I dunno.  I think they would vote for the right anglophone
3. Harper was perfect.  I would even have voted for him if he had switched a few of his policies.  Canadians like the downbeat types just fine.

Harper was a good PM but not a good candidate. He was an introvert, a poor communicator and had no charisma. As such, he wasn't able to really put forth conservative views to the public in a persuasive manner. He was a businesslike guy but in the end, his knowledge he lacked the ability to persuade Canadians kept him from undertaking any major policy initiatives which would have made Canada a better place. In the end, Trudeau simply reversed what small policy changes he'd made and then plunged us deep into debt and identity politics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trudeau has turned the country over to commies, nihilists, and all form of do-nothing radical.  I don’t know how our businesses survive the regulations, blockades, and constant guilt-plagued hand-wringing over colonialism and trumped-up supposed racism.  The lunatics are running the asylum, but the public are seemingly oblivious to the politicization of education and media that is guaranteeing permanent Liberal government until the country breaks up. Is there even a Conservative party anymore?   It’s all NDP-Liberal-Bloc anti-Canada coalition.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, cougar said:

Wow!  and Wow!

I will vote for Trudeau; no Harper no Tool

I know I said Harper was perfect, but that was hyperbole. He was missing the caring gene, the personality gene, and didn't look good in jeans.

 

And his environmental policy was atrocious. I will say this though: his response to the banking crisis in 2008 was very calming to me. So I was impressed by his pragmatism.

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

 I will say this though: his response to the banking crisis in 2008 was very calming to me. So I was impressed by his pragmatism.

Bachelor/Master degrees in Economics . . . . Stephen Harper. Canada did well in the banking crisis.

Then we have Trudeau . . . . nice hair, sparkle socks, and an adoring Cougar. Canada bankrupt. Cougar laughs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see no enthusiasm for Trudeau and his party even on forums which tilt leftward. The Conservatives could take this if they craft a strong, appealing message and can put it out there. Do I have confidence they'll do that? Unfortunately, no.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Argus said:

I see no enthusiasm for Trudeau and his party even on forums which tilt leftward. The Conservatives could take this if they craft a strong, appealing message and can put it out there. Do I have confidence they'll do that? Unfortunately, no.

Well, leftists have at least two other parties to vote for, but they have weak leaders.

I live in a solid red riding, where the Conservatives finished third and I don't think there are any signs on the lawns.  I have never heard anybody express delight over Trudeau in my social circles but I expect the majority vote Liberal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Argus said:

I see no enthusiasm for Trudeau and his party even on forums which tilt leftward. The Conservatives could take this if they craft a strong, appealing message and can put it out there. Do I have confidence they'll do that? Unfortunately, no.

Hard with covid. They must be strong once the election starts. This is where debates could really matter. A good debater will flatten trudeau.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...