Is Canada becoming a Communist state?

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

We do all that? What a bad species.

And those horrible shacks we've been building.

Actually... the more I read the doom and gloom the better I feel about our future.  If one of Russia or China tips over the line towards liberalism in our lifetime, we'll be in good shape.

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's called a "call to action" in persuasive communication.

Who is calling persuasively and did I ask for it, and why at my expense? Why not common in the regular society notions of respect and intelligent dialogue?

We built and have a system based squarely on a caste of functionaries with very little practical skills and outrageous privileges exceeded only by the egos seeing itself as great leaders and possibly, minor gods. No encounters with the reality can change that perception due to near-perfect isolation. And very little else. How could it go wrong?

29 minutes ago, myata said:

1. Who is calling persuasively and did I ask for it, and why at my expense? Why not common in the regular society notions of respect and intelligent dialogue?

2. We built and have a system based squarely on a caste of functionaries with very little practical skills and outrageous privileges exceeded only by the egos seeing itself as great leaders and possibly, minor gods. 

1. I don't think that you could be in the dark about any of this.  I'll take your questions as rhetorical.

2. That said, public health is a good investment that almost no one opposes.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. That said, public health is a good investment that almost no one opposes.

This has little to do with public health, just another overpaid bureaucrat wasting public funds that he/she considers rightfully owned by them for an appearance of work (trivial and useless at that) with no noticeable practical results. The vector is so wrong and unfortunately it appears that the only way to realize it is to stumble and smack one's forehead on it. Nothing less would be effective.

35 minutes ago, myata said:

1. This has little to do with public health, just another overpaid bureaucrat wasting public funds that he/she considers rightfully owned by them for an appearance of work (trivial and useless at that) with no noticeable practical results.

2. The vector is so wrong and unfortunately it appears that the only way to realize it is to stumble and smack one's forehead on it. Nothing less would be effective.

1. So you think somebody went ahead and did all this on their own, hm ?
2. Well, you seem to think so.  I would feel better about anti-vaxxers if they all gathered together in a pen somewhere and gave it to each other, myself.  In other words, your vector is wrong.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. So you think somebody went ahead and did all this on their own, hm ?
2. Well, you seem to think so.  I would feel better about anti-vaxxers if they all gathered together in a pen somewhere and gave it to each other, myself.  In other words, your vector is wrong.  

1. No just that they are entitled to "communications" out of public pocket of course, and no questions asked obviously, no justification and no standards too, and that arrangement and attitude resulted in a certain product. Hopefully the recycling is more efficient and the contribution to "jobs" and GDP was meaningful.

2. This has little to do with vaxxers or anti but ok, the message is lost from the begging the only way to get it is to feel it on the head the back and elsewhere and as I can see very little can prevent coming to that now it's way past the point of no return. Just to feel better, I'm fully vaccinated however I doubt it would be of much help in this matter.

43 minutes ago, myata said:

1. No just that they are entitled to "communications" out of public pocket of course, and no questions asked obviously, no justification and no standards too, and that arrangement and attitude resulted in a certain product. Hopefully the recycling is more efficient and the contribution to "jobs" and GDP was meaningful.

2.Just to feel better, I'm fully vaccinated however I doubt it would be of much help in this matter.

1. Well, YOU are asking questions aren't you ?  And there are lots of people internal and external that ask these things, "obviously".  You are just trolling at this point, I'm done with this point.

2. I'm pretty sure it helps in any number of ways for you to be vaccinated.  Anyway, the overall gist of this - you asking obvious questions over and over - is boring and I'm done with this thread.  

7 hours ago, cougar said:

Vaccination for what?  Which country?

I think you were just quick to make a generalization which in fundamentally wrong.

From the CDC:

The only vaccine classified as "required" by International Health Regulations is the yellow fever vaccination for travel to certain countries in sub-Saharan Africa and tropical South America.

Point is, requiring vaccination is not a new, fascist, communist, freedom-limiting plot by the current government.  

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

From the CDC:

The only vaccine classified as "required" by International Health Regulations is the yellow fever vaccination for travel to certain countries in sub-Saharan Africa and tropical South America.

Point is, requiring vaccination is not a new, fascist, communist, freedom-limiting plot by the current government.  

Point is, if you make a general incorrect statement, just admit it and move on instead of wasting everyone's time with it.  Nobody will think less of you!

Americans did not need full COVID or any other vaccination to enter Canada.  I did not need full vaccination to enter Yukon or go to any other country.  

It is NEW.  Move on.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Actually... the more I read the doom and gloom the better I feel about our future. 

This is called burying your head in the sand.  Must feel good.

32 minutes ago, cougar said:

Point is, if you make a general incorrect statement, just admit it and move on instead of wasting everyone's time with it.  Nobody will think less of you!

Americans did not need full COVID or any other vaccination to enter Canada.  I did not need full vaccination to enter Yukon or go to any other country.  

It is NEW.  Move on.

*shrugs*  So what?  I didn't claim that all-countries-everywhere-all-the-time required vaccines.  Only that it was not a whole new thing, and requiring proof of vaccination (whether for Covid or Yellow Fever) hardly heralds a slide into communism/fascism/the end-of Canada.

And if you are overwrought and imagining monsters under the bed, just admit and move on instead of wasting everyone's time on it.  Nobody will think less of you!

Edited by dialamah

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Well, YOU are asking questions aren't you ?  And there are lots of people internal and external that ask these things, "obviously". 

Wrong, wrong, wrong. No one is asking and more so, measuring and demanding minimal standards of quality or even basic common sense for public money wasted in all such cases. There's no instrument to monitor how much is wasted on such useless "work" and not even a though that having them would be useful only a deep yawn. Having intelligence as an individual I can question anything without attributing it to anyone's blessing.

Of course it can be very boring to not have answers to obvious questions and not even hope that they can be obtained because how. Why travel from Wuhan was not a problem, 20 years after SARS? Keep writing letters.

Edited by myata

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well... the post you responded to started with "Actually... the more I read ..."

You can't read with your head in the sand.  Did you read the post you responded to ?  Did you have sand in your eyes ?

Now I am totally lost, I have to admit.

So the main point of your post was in the "actually...." and "the more I read ...." ?

Sorry, I misquoted you again by putting an extra "." to the words.  This would change the meaning completely again! I'm so sorry.

Montrealers seem to have respect for one another, and for normalcy. They work hard to maintain their city, and their right to make good local bagels, and ales. An exemplary large Canadian city, not polluted yet by self-loathing leftist poisonous thought.

They understand the importance of culture to a civilization. 

Communism destroys the culture of the folk, replacing it with an unnatural construct that can only be sustained by enforcement.  Criminality is rampant in communism because its the only way to get things done effectively, further exposing how dysfunctional a system it is.

20 hours ago, cougar said:

It will not. Our system is based on population growth - it is a pyramid.

Yes, there will be a great "culling" - if not by man, it will come from nature.  The writing is on the wall and you get new pieces of the puzzle daily - fires, floods, droughts, viruses, tornadoes, hurricanes  - all caused by our activities on the planet. 

Now get this - all of those cause damage and pollution because the piles of plastic , metal, sewage and industrial waste go into the waters and soils.  The destroyed houses and equipment need to be rebuilt, which causes further destruction of habitat and further emissions. Fighting fires and clearing debris also causes extra emissions.  Now with these events increasing, there soon will be no time to rebuild and there will be no food too.

people aren't having enough kids for the population to get beyond 10 billion and that trend is accelerating, not reversing

your understanding of population growth is vastly out of date

your doomsday prophecies do not line up with the facts

there will be no great culling

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

people aren't having enough kids for the population to get beyond 10 billion and that trend is accelerating, not reversing

your understanding of population growth is vastly out of date

your doomsday prophecies do not line up with the facts

there will be no great culling

Chinese population is now shrinking?   Indian population is shrinking?  What about the countries in Africa and the Middle East?

Even the population of the overpopulated countries of Western Europe is going up, if not through natural growth, it happens through immigration.  Just like our Canadian population.

If you have any data from a trustworthy source, now  is the time to produce it.

Edited by cougar

2 hours ago, cougar said:

Chinese population is now shrinking?   Indian population is shrinking?  What about the countries in Africa and the Middle East?

Even the population of the overpopulated countries of Western Europe is going up, if not through natural growth, it happens through immigration.  Just like our Canadian population.

If you have any data from a trustworthy source, now  is the time to produce it.

China is below replacement rate at 1.7 children per woman and dropping 

India is just above replacement rate at 2.2 children per woman and dropping 

as for countries in Africa and the Middle East,  children per woman is dropping fast and will follow the pattern of India and China

all major western European nations are below replacement rate and dropping

the only major western country that is above replacement rate is America

due mostly to immigrants having more kids than those born in America, but even that won't last

fertility rates around the world are plummeting as standards of living improve

your info is completely out of date, the world population will not get out of single digit billions before it starts dropping

immigration will not save the west, when the rest of the world stops having kids too, many places already are, and everyone else is to follow

if anything underpopulation will be the issue not overpopulation, given the current trends and likely future trends

it's not hard to look up the fertility rates of countries and see the world population will be in decline soon enough

you simply haven't done so, so you can continue to cling to your overpopulation myth

it's not 1968 anymore, your views on world population growth are over 50 years out of date

your boy Paul Ehrlich was wrong, get over it already

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

My experience is that few people are aware of this reality.  I put it on the phenomenon of media favouring bad news.

I put it on a Malthusian Doomsday Cult brainwashing people

because that data doesn't fit their narrative, it is either ignored or actively covered up, to keep selling the lie

the media are part of that cult, and so is cougar, though they are mostly naive, and don't realize the environmental movement has long been taken over by far left extremists

who seek to cloak their radical ideology in environmentalism, to better sell their bullshit

they hijacked the brand and discredit the real environmentalists, many of whom now think the only way to protect the environment is through far left extremism, because all the major environmental groups tell them so

unfortunately most of the real environmentalists haven't caught on to this obvious scam and have been turned into useful idiots for the far left ideologues masquerading as environmentalists

they've been grifted

it's a shame

Edited by Yzermandius19

16 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Communism destroys the culture of the folk, replacing it with an unnatural construct that can only be sustained by enforcement.  Criminality is rampant in communism because its the only way to get things done effectively, further exposing how dysfunctional a system it is.

Wouldn't all blind submission and delegation of all important decisions to the authority, without checks, controls, and accountability produce same effect? What if it has to do not with ideology but independence, critical ability and citizen responsibility?

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

China is below replacement rate at 1.7 children per woman and dropping 

India is just above replacement rate at 2.2 children per woman and dropping...

And then, there's the reality check. Notice that 1) the world population growth rate is still above 1% as of current; and 2) in 50 years (1971) the it has not come down a full percent. The current population is 7.8 billion and if the trend continues, a simple calculation shows that in the next fifty years, when it would still be above 0, the addition would be approximately 46% (i.e. close to a half of the current population, 3.6 billion, that is another Earth in 1970) assuming linear trend of the growth rate.

Keep clapping.

Edited by myata

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. I put it on a Malthusian Doomsday Cult brainwashing people. because that data doesn't fit their narrative, it is either ignored or actively covered up, to keep selling the lie. the media are part of that cult, and so is cougar, though they are mostly naive,

2. and don't realize the environmental movement has long been taken over by far left extremists

1. The media is rewarded for reporting bad news, no conspiracy needed.
2. That's why you need to filter out: 1) all fringe and non-science-based sources 2) media sources that don't give the science link to where their reporting comes from and go straight to the reporting

Getting the science out of politics and vice versa is a good thing, but you will get more people to follow you if you don't use words like "scam" "hoax" etc.  All of this is understandable and there are few actual liars and bad actors...