5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. If that's the case then can you cite all the retractions that they must have made for the 13 stories that you had to admit were total bullshit?

2.- there's literally no excuse for the extent to which you put up with the MSM's lying MH. It's utterly pathetic. You should honestly be ashamed of yourself. It is morally and ethically repugnant. 

1. No.  Why would I do this?  Who am I convincing?  

2. I already addressed this.  This is a typical Trump cult tactic, to not acknowledge facts.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

1. No.  Why would I do this?  Who am I convincing?  

2. I already addressed this.  This is a typical Trump cult tactic, to not acknowledge facts.

You ran your mouth MH about how 'the last 4 years was a vindication of the MSM', then when it was time to defend their abhorrent record for lying and disinformation your big talk suddenly evaporated.

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You ran your mouth MH about how 'the last 4 years was a vindication of the MSM', then when it was time to defend their abhorrent record for lying and disinformation your big talk suddenly evaporated.

Again, you ignored what I said above.  You are making a great case for why the lying Trump cult should be absolutely ignored.

Your side is worse.  I explained why.  It's quite simple. 

Your side is funded by Russia, China.  Your side causes riots and violence in the states.  Your side are soon going to be rounded up and then a bunch of Russians will post fake news about how unfair it is.

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

In case anyone is wondering, I don't think all Trump voters are in the cult.  My American friends tell me that most have taken down their Trump flags.  Good for them.

Three groups - Republicans, Trump supporters and Trump cultists.  Its good to know that supporters do have limits, its the cultists who remain in some alternate universe.  In the case of some of them, like my sister, its almost literally an alternate universe.

This from the conservative Spectator.

Trump is currently denying that there was anything inflammatory in his speech that could be understood as incitement. But this is what Trump told them, just before they stormed the Congress: ‘We beat them four years ago. We surprised them. We took them by surprise and this year, they rigged an election. They rigged it like they’ve never rigged an election before… We will never give up. We will never concede, it doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about. To use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal.’

So the one thing you cannot say about the mob that stormed the US Capitol on January 6 is that they were crazy. From their point of view — i.e., a completely rigged election, fomented by Democrats and weak Republicans, suppressed by Fake News, in league with Big Tech — they were being perfectly rational. If it were true, after all, that a vast left-wing conspiracy had used specially constructed voting machines to rig the last election so that Donald Trump’s landslide victory had been erased, why would you not storm the Capitol? It would, indeed, be obligatory for a patriotic American to fight in such a case of treason. I might have picked up a musket myself.

The trouble is: Trump is mentally ill and delusional and will never concede an election he still claims he won in a landslide; and his die-hard followers will always believe him. That’s been the core problem for five years. Trump created a mass movement that took over an entire party. That party has done nothing but appease him. And the immense gravity of Trump’s charge — a grotesque rigging of an entire election — is so great that violence of various sorts is a terrifyingly rational response. That threat hung over the Inauguration, and will not go away after January 20. 

https://spectator.us/topic/cult-donald-trump-andrew-sullivan/

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Again, you ignored what I said above. 

Of course I did, because it was just your feeble attempting to retreat from the untenable position of defending your earlier statement which came out like a big brash fact and died with a whimper. 

You puffed your chest and talked some smack, now you're trying to hide behind a wall of baseless allegations like every other worthless leftist in North America.

Your side is funded by Russia, China.  Your side causes riots and violence in the states.  Your side are soon going to be rounded up and then a bunch of Russians will post fake news about how unfair it is.

If you're trying to be funny, that was just pathetic. If you think it's true, it's an atrocious and pathetic lie. 

You couldn't possibly be more dishonest or weak right now MH. 

Honestly, you completely ran from defending your earlier declarative statement and now you just told a blatant lie. Is this really what you're worth MH? I'd never post here again if I got backed into a corner like this and came out with that weak, snivelling, dishonest BS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:20 PM, Aristides said:

So are you saying Biden is Sadat? I think someone will try at some point.

Not if that would put a black woman in the oval office.

Edited by Argus

On 1/15/2021 at 10:41 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Washington DC residents unnerved by the presence of over 20k National Guardsmen that likely voted for Trump.

The exact same people who refused to call on the National Guard to stop actual rioting, looting, arson and murder are bringing out the National Guard for the inauguration to pretend to prevent riots that they know wouldn't happen anyways.

It's just to feed their propaganda: "White men are all racist and violent! Thank God the National Guard is here today to protect us or there would be a massacre!!"

My mother-in-law is sucked in by literally every story on the CBC. She's been deathly afraid to leave her house this past year and she's convinced now that: "The right-wingers are like Charlie man.......... they're everywhere..........

She didn't even close her quotation marks when she said it, that's how serious this is :mellow:

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 1:17 PM, WestCanMan said:

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.10.44 AM.png

I've already explained how nonsensical your other points were in previous posts but I thought I'd deal with this little bit of graphic dishonesty. You say wages grew steadily under Bush but clearly they fell for the first four years of his term. Did you think no one would notice? And then they returned to pretty much what they were when he took power. How exciting.

They fell during Obama's first term. Gee, do you think that might have something to do with the great recession, which started under Bush due to his complete lack of oversight of the banking industry? Anyway, then it recovered, and even continued under Trump. The sudden upward rise in the final year, which the chart makes out to be a huge deal, is from 4% to 7%. Why? Because the Republicans pushed through a huge tax cut in 2019 paid for entirely with borrowed money. The tax cut was mainly for the rich and corporations, and made permanent for them. But to sell it to the rabble, they also gave a temporary tax cut to ordinary people. That tax cut is schedule to expire this year I believe.

The tax cut was initiated by and negotiated among Republican senators and congressmen. The White House had very little to do with it. Although they included a special change to give real estate developers special, preferential tax treatment - for SOME reason no one can explain.

Edited by Argus
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Aristides said:

Entitled white lady wants a pardon

It's really astonishing these people believe Trump would have any kind of loyalty to those who follow him. He's never shown any. He tossed all the rioters/protesters under the bus when they became bad news. He tossed Mike Pence under the boss after four years of unswerving loyalty and devotion. Now he won't even pay Giullian's legal fees. Trump uses people, and the moment he doesn't need them or they disagree with him that's it. They're done.

52 minutes ago, Argus said:

It's really astonishing these people believe Trump would have any kind of loyalty to those who follow him. He's never shown any. He tossed all the rioters/protesters under the bus when they became bad news. He tossed Mike Pence under the boss after four years of unswerving loyalty and devotion. Now he won't even pay Giullian's legal fees. Trump uses people, and the moment he doesn't need them or they disagree with him that's it. They're done.

Still, you'd think he would at least have the wit to understand that pardons can be a way of pissing off those who piss him off.  It would be a no brainer for me.  Morning of the twentieth, everyone gets a post-it note.

56 minutes ago, Argus said:

I've already explained how nonsensical your other points were in previous posts but I thought I'd deal with this little bit of graphic dishonesty. You say wages grew steadily under Bush but clearly they fell for the first four years of his term. Did you think no one would notice? And then they returned to pretty much what they were when he took power. How exciting.

I said that? I copied from the Bureau of Labour Statistics - IE the most reliable source in the western world Argus. Go fish, stop lying.

They fell during Obama's first term. Gee, do you think that might have something to do with the great recession, which started under Bush due to his complete lack of oversight of the banking industry? Anyway, then it recovered, and even continued under Trump. The sudden upward rise in the final year, which the chart makes out to be a huge deal, is from 4% to 7%. Why? Because the Republicans pushed through a huge tax cut in 2019 paid for entirely with borrowed money. The tax cut was mainly for the rich and corporations, and made permanent for them. But to sell it to the rabble, they also gave a temporary tax cut to ordinary people. That tax cut is schedule to expire this year I believe.

More lying.

There's a difference between 'household income' and 'wage increase' and you are conflating the two. 

The tax cut was initiated by and negotiated among Republican senators and congressmen. The White House had very little to do with it. Although they included a special change to give real estate developers special, preferential tax treatment - for SOME reason no one can explain.

It was a campaign promise Argus, by Trump, so once gain you are lying. 

On the bright side, that completes your initiation to Liberalhood. You are no longer a mere acolyte, you preach the gospel now. 

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I said that? I copied from the Bureau of Labour Statistics - IE the most reliable source in the western world Argus. Go fish, stop lying.

You're presenting the graph as if it shows a marvelous improvement under Trump which did not happen.

There's a difference between 'household income' and 'wage increase' and you are conflating the two. 

No doubt. But wage growth is driven by an expanding economy, and last year's expansion was driven by the big tax cuts - using borrowed money.

It was a campaign promise Argus, by Trump, so once gain you are lying. 

Of course he promised a tax cut. A lifelong Democrat, Trump simply replayed the usual Republican talking points on cutting taxes, cutting regulations, gays, abortion, God, and guns. But the tax cuts which came were entirely designed by the Republicans in congress as a repayment to impatient donors who wanted the profits they felt they deserved from buying Republicans.

On the bright side, that completes your initiation to Liberalhood. You are no longer a mere acolyte, you preach the gospel now. 

To the far right any conservative seems like a liberal. Some of them even seem to think they're conservatives, even while ignoring every aspect of conservative ideology.

"I hate queers and love guns" is not a conservative philosophical talking point.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

You're presenting the graph as if it shows a marvelous improvement under Trump which did not happen.

No doubt. But wage growth is driven by an expanding economy, and last year's expansion was driven by the big tax cuts - using borrowed money.

Of course he promised a tax cut. A lifelong Democrat, Trump simply replayed the usual Republican talking points on cutting taxes, cutting regulations, gays, abortion, God, and guns. But the tax cuts which came were entirely designed by the Republicans in congress as a repayment to impatient donors who wanted the profits they felt they deserved from buying Republicans.

To the far right any conservative seems like a liberal. Some of them even seem to think they're conservatives, even while ignoring every aspect of conservative ideology.

"I hate queers and love guns" is not a conservative philosophical talking point.

If you look back on this post, you gotta admit that it's just horseshit, right Argus?

You're countering statistics from the world's foremost authority with nothing more than your/CNN's uninformed & ignorant opinions, preaching the virtue-signalling gospel of Trudeau and AOC, and making idiotic statements like "I hate queers and love guns" is not a conservative philosophical talking point" as if it's accurate or pertinent.

I could have a more productive conversation with my dog while he's chasing a laser-dot.