America Under pResident Biden

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Is yours any better?

Sounded realistic to me. Do you know anything at all about infantry? Have you ever met a soldier? Ever spoken to one?

Have you ever been in an underground parking garage? I used to park in one and it was nice and warm down there, even in winter.

No heat, huh? Did you see the picture of them in that report? Did they look all bundled up for the cold to you?

These are national guardsmen. You know, guys who are usually civilians. What he was saying was the coziest place when he was... well, on duty is as good a turn of phrase as any other.

LOL. My story is what their story is, and what the cameras show.

Yeah, it sounded realistic to you. So do CNN and CTV ffs.

Have I met a soldier? I did 10 weeks of basic training and 3 years in the Canadian forces. I have several friends from 3 PPCLI, some of whom served in Yugo, and one of my best friends, ever since we served in the navy 32 years ago, served in Afghanistan at a FOB with JTF2 and CSOR. 

Is your basement warm? Go lie on some cement there. Tell me how warm it is laying on bare cement. Try to tell me that's more comfortable than anywhere that you could sleep outside on the ground. (It's not).

They didn't look like they were sweating, did they? They also would have had a warm base layer under their combats, because it's winter and they're not stupid. I doubt that anyone actually 'slept' a wink there. 

I tried to sleep on the floor of a magazine (steel, pretty much the same as concrete) once after I had gone with just a couple hours of sleep over the previous 3 nights, couldn't do it. Not even close. It's not as easy as you think. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

LOL. My story is what their story is, and what the cameras show.

The cameras show guys relaxing in an evidently warm parking garage.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Is your basement warm? Go lie on some cement there.

Is the marble floor in the Capitol softer?

1 hour ago, Argus said:

He's 36 years old and was appointed a temporary, part-time circuit judge in Warren County (population 40k)  until the legislature can appoint a real judge. I wouldn't get your hopes up that this amounts to anything.

So what?  Where’d you go to law school?  On what basis do you legally disagree with the ruling?  Other than Trump broke your brain and you’re now on the side of illegal voting.  If this ruling came out after a Republican won, you’d be singing a different tune. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shady said:

So what?  Where’d you go to law school?  On what basis do you legally disagree with the ruling?  Other than Trump broke your brain and you’re now on the side of illegal voting.  If this ruling came out after a Republican won, you’d be singing a different tune. 

Even if it stands it isn't that big a deal. How many late votes didn't have post marks and who knows who they voted for? Biden won Virginia by a half million votes.

4 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

McCarthy was right. He's an American hero.

C'mon Sweet Pea. Lob me another softball. Trolling the Trolls is my favorite game. ;)

Wrong again!

McCarthy (a Republican) is widely remembered as an American witch-hunting villain. Even the beloved idiot and failed 1-term president you foolishly worship knew that:

image.thumb.jpeg.1d72a941764cda22ee3f35c8944f4186.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.01ef10e64f421bfbcfdbaa1a02383095.jpeg

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Petros said:

Biden has done more for America in days, than Trump did in four years of his administration.  Trump conducted an assault on America's democratic institutions, and Biden has taken steps to undo the damage of a madman.  I hope Biden can fix the post office, and fire Louis DeJoy and the entire Board of Governors Trump appointed at the USPS, in order to attempt to circumvent the reliability of the USPS.

Still trying to find some specifics so I can understand what you're talking about. I'm assuming it's more than something Biden did or might do concerning the mail?

Would this below be the kind of new policy you're wanting to celebrate?

Biden Turns the War Machine Back on

14 hours ago, Argus said:

The cameras show guys relaxing in an evidently warm parking garage.

Warm enough to relax in for half an hour and warm enough to sleep in are two completely different things. 

Is the marble floor in the Capitol softer?

Marble and cement are the exact same as far as humans laying down on them are concerned. Neither surface yields even 1/1,000th of a mm under the weight of a human lying down on them.

The only time it might make an actual difference is if you were choosing tools to cut through them. 

Yeah, the idea Biden has made some remarkable policy change to increase the number of vaccinations delivered is just plain BS.

The only executive order showing a noticeable differentiation between Trump's Covid policy and Biden's is the one announced this morning where he banned the term "China Virus."

Not sure why Petros would want to dance in the streets about that one though. 

Donald-Trump-Joe-Biden-American-Flag-Com

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Yeah, the idea Biden has made some remarkable policy change to increase the number of vaccinations delivered is just plain BS.

The only executive order showing a noticeable differentiation between Trump's Covid policy and Biden's is the one announced this morning where he banned the term "China Virus."

Not sure why Petros would want to dance in the streets about that one though. 

Donald-Trump-Joe-Biden-American-Flag-Com

Biden's covid plan is like two big arms reaching out to hug America (while Biden is being hugged from behind by China). 

1 hour ago, taxesanddeath said:

covid19.jpg
No idea, why did Biden blame Trump? It was avg ~1.0M doses administered per day last week

I was under the impression that the federal government was delivering the vaccine to each state, and it was the states that were supposed to handle distribution from that level on down. 

IMO it would just be an exercise in micro-management if they tried to handle the intricacies of country-wide distribution right from the federal level.

Trump administration had no COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan, Biden's chief of staff says

As far as CTV is concerned, their article wasn't an outright lie. They were just spin-doctoring what Ron Klain said, which was already misleading, then they intentionally neglected to flesh out the details of Trump's distribution policy because it would have lessened the intended effect of the article.

Some leftists read stuff like that and consider themselves 'informed', the smarter ones know that it was BS but they are happy to be armed with slick disinformation. Both groups support CTV, to the detriment of our democracy. 

34 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Here ya go, Petros.

YouTuber Fleccas does what you were afraid to. He goes through the specifics of what the Biden puppet signed on to his first week in office.

Feel free to point out specifically which policy you're most proud of:

trump never offered his hotel to national guard troops to stay

biden was responsible for how the national guard were housed in the capitol? not.

keystone is dead. the green economy is here. political parties don't make decisions like that. business does. and those businesses in the green economy, the insurance industry, banking etc etc have decided that oil is dead.

daca is real. assholes will have to deal with it. the dreaded caravans are not at the border. funny that.

there is a 60 day freeze for review on all regulatory orders from the previous administration. there is no specific target. makes sense. deal with it.

hater of transgender. we get it. "womens sports are destroyed"? come on. get a life.

have to wear a mask. get used to it. covid denier. the worst kind of stupid human. again, rash generalization of nuanced response. lies to cops.

promotes arresting politicians that have not broken any laws. same as russia.

ps. finished with selling stuff. i get it.

22 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

^ ^ ^ Comply or die ^ ^ ^    Are there more folks like you that will live 'Free' of anything oil/energy related?  Yeah!  sure.

you don't get it. its financial titans fighting and oil is losing. there was plenty of public concern about global warming for decades and the titans didn't care. but now after numerous calamities in hurricane ally hitting the insurance and banking sectors and others, a glut in oil reserves forcing oil prices lower and additional capacity from green energy coming on, then this project is dead in the water. it was that way long before the Trump administration.

2 hours ago, godzilla said:

you don't get it. its financial titans fighting and oil is losing. there was plenty of public concern about global warming for decades and the titans didn't care. but now after numerous calamities in hurricane ally hitting the insurance and banking sectors and others, a glut in oil reserves forcing oil prices lower and additional capacity from green energy coming on, then this project is dead in the water. it was that way long before the Trump administration.

You don't get it . . . . the so called 'green' energy is just as dirty as you proclaim oil/gas is.  Solar powered Caterpillar heavy equipment building another dam so you can plug your 'green' car in.  Green just doesn't cut it on its own. A child would figure that out.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You don't get it . . . . the so called 'green' energy is just as dirty as you proclaim oil/gas is.  Solar powered Caterpillar heavy equipment building another dam so you can plug your 'green' car in.  Green just doesn't cut it on its own. A child would figure that out.  

nobody said oil was going to be completely displaced. or displaced significantly in the near future.

but you seem to be arguing something other than US politics here. not sure what the point is, the US is not an oil exporter so if one were American then you'd think that restricting imports and finding a way to circumvent that need in order to restrict imports would be a good thing as every barrel of oil coming in is money going out.

i didn't say it was a good thing for the alberta economy... its not. but alberta has had decades to save money in good times and diversify its economy. but it didn't. and now i'm off topic as well.

Edited by godzilla