Liberals to greatly increase immigration in coming years.

Argus

13 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The fact is, if you left white people alone they'd go extinct.  They're having babies at below replacement levels, and have for decades.  It's the same for most of the young non-white immigrants who come to Canada.

First, the last time I saw a prediction on this it said that with zero immigration our population would begin to decline in about forty years, and would, over a century, be reduced by like 10% or something. I don't regard that as a disaster. I grew up when the population was much lower than that and we had better cities and less pollution. Further, with immigration at about 250k per year our population would continue to increase. Just not as fast.

Also, cultures change over a century of time. Quite a bit, in fact.  I've seen other studies which suggest high immigration is one of the reasons for the low birth rate. With a low birth rate, and without immigration, parents would be fairly confident their child would thrive and prosper and have many job opportunities - which is not the case today.

I'm fairly sure that we, as a society, would figure out the way to encourage a higher birth rate within the next hundred years. We're not going to become extinct.

Edited by Argus

13 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The fact is, if you left white people alone they'd go extinct.  They're having babies at below replacement levels, and have for decades.  It's the same for most of the young non-white immigrants who come to Canada.

When more and more people aren't having kids, and the ones that do typically don't have more than 2, well then you're in a bit of a spot.  If this is caused by anyone, it's caused by people born in Canada.

420k+ per year is a lot.  The Liberals have increased immigration by around a third.  They'll keep increasing it.

Youth registrations in hockey, little league, swimming etc. are on the decline.  Registrations in soccer and basketball keep going up.  The country is changing.

How do these inevitable changes (transition) make you feel?

21 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

How would you feel if the entire Muslim world was trending towards extinction and was slowly being replaced with Asians and white people and their cultures?

Most of the world is being replaced with Western culture isn't it ?  I'm pretty sure you can buy Hollywood movies in Baghdad on DVD but I doubt I could find an Iraqi movie anywhere.  If you are oblivious to this fact, it may be evidence in favour of what I'm saying.

Also - I personally would like all cultures replaced with a culture of industriousness and thoughtfulness - especially the cultures that emphasize surface-level signifiers such as traditional superstitions, skin colour and background.  In my experience hard-working thoughtful people are least likely to obsess with unimportant markers like that.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Also - I personally would like all cultures replaced with a culture of industriousness and thoughtfulness - especially the cultures that emphasize surface-level signifiers such as traditional superstitions, skin colour and background.  In my experience hard-working thoughtful people are least likely to obsess with unimportant markers like that.

Are you calling for a return of the Protestant work ethic and emphasis on western civilization?

Pretty sure that's not allowed these days. Are the origins of western civilization and its great philosophers even taught in schools any more?

Most of the world is being replaced with Western culture isn't it ?  I'm pretty sure you can buy Hollywood movies in Baghdad on DVD but I doubt I could find an Iraqi movie anywhere.  If you are oblivious to this fact, it may be evidence in favour of what I'm saying.

Cultures are mixing more than ever, and it's complex.  US-made movies are being viewed more in China, for instance, and as a result big US movie studios are catering to that audience and those governments.  You also have more and more movies of non-western origin (ie: Bollywood) showing up on Canadian Netflix, or Hockey Night in Punjabi.  It's just capitalism responding to changing market demand.

In terms of Canadian demographics, they're changing.  In 30 years most of the baby boomers will be dead and replaced largely with East Asian and South Asian migrants.  This obviously comes with cultural change.  These are the facts, everyone is free to think about them as they please.  Trudeau favours a post-national state, Maxime Bernier seems to want the opposite, and most Canadians probably fall between the 2.

Also - I personally would like all cultures replaced with a culture of industriousness and thoughtfulness -

Quebec would probably not approve lol.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

In terms of Canadian demographics, they're changing.  In 30 years most of the baby boomers will be dead and replaced largely with East Asian and South Asian migrants.

Who tend to be much more conservative on social issues. Far less accepting of womens equality, gay rights, and all the other (cough-cough) sacred cows of the progressive Left. So if they come in in huge numbers so they can't be assimilated I would presume all the Left's progressive causes are going to take major hits.

On 11/3/2020 at 3:00 PM, Argus said:

And yet that's exactly what you DO.

No. I don't.

That's what YOU say I do.

You lack knowledge and understanding in how our immigration system works and the dynamics in employment.

People who have no loyalty to Canada say things like that.

You believing that a Canadian citizen born in Canada should be treated differently than a Canadian citizen born outside of Canada is absurd.

I already posted the stats. You think everything has changed in two years? Well, Trump might have been making it harder to bring people in over the last year or so, and then the covid thing on top of that, but that's likely to change drastically the next few months.

I could care less. If all they do is provide jobs for foreigners, either temporary or immigrants, then they're of no use to Canadians already here. Tax em out of existence.

You mean as cheap as possible.

Keep digging.

You're not here to have a debate or to learn. You're here to spread your racist views.

Your views and debating skills are toxic and un-Canadian. 

I'm going to turn you off for now. Enjoy your echo chamber of bigotry.

6 minutes ago, marcus said:

No. I don't.

Yeah, you do. You make your money off immigrants. Of course you want more. Especially third world immigrants because they're easier to exploit.

6 minutes ago, marcus said:

You believing that a Canadian citizen born in Canada should be treated differently than a Canadian citizen born outside of Canada is absurd.

No, it's perfectly logical in this context. You think your company and other companies are good for Canada? Not if the jobs you make available are taken by TFW foreigners and then other foreigners who immigrate to take them because you don't pay enough to attract Canadian grads. You're no good for Canada. You're just a leech exploiting poor immigrants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

1. It's complex.   

2. In terms of Canadian demographics, they're changing.  In 30 years most of the baby boomers will be dead and replaced largely with East Asian and South Asian migrants. 

3a. This obviously comes with cultural change.  These are the facts, everyone is free to think about them as they please.  Trudeau favours a post-national state, Maxime Bernier seems to want the opposite, and most Canadians probably fall between the 2.

3b. Quebec would probably not approve lol.

1. Ok... so can we accept that this mixing will change our culture too ? Or...

2. By their Canadian kids, really.

3a. Ok - so you sound like you're ok with it.

3b. We just have to outlaw their culture.

The East Coast provinces are a good example of what would happen if the population declines and jobs are not replaced.

When dying industries, like fishing and natural resource industries, can no longer support families.

When people retire and the young people move away to other parts of the country/world.

This is why the eastern provinces have put into place aggressive immigration programs, to draw would-be immigrants to their provinces, instead of them always going to the usual: Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Calgary.

Edited by marcus

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hard to shoot movies when you have bombs exploding around you.   About 97% of the US made movies are total crap; it is like they cannot have a movie without bloodshed, profound stupidity or sex.  Most European movies are way more sensible.

I don't know about the industrious culture you want to see.  Generally the more people work the greater the damage to the surrounding world.

As for the Boliwood, movies in Punjabi in Canada, it proves we have no nation, no culture and nobody is expected to "integrate" to anything other than a lifestyle of work and paying bills.

Edited by cougar

17 hours ago, Argus said:

Also, cultures change over a century of time. Quite a bit, in fact.  I've seen other studies which suggest high immigration is one of the reasons for the low birth rate. With a low birth rate, and without immigration, parents would be fairly confident their child would thrive and prosper and have many job opportunities - which is not the case today.

"I won't have kids because the immigrants would make them failures."

You usually just hear: "I want to focus on my career and hobbies" and "I have a lot of friends"

external-content.duckduckgo.com(21).jpg

5 hours ago, cougar said:

1. Hard to shoot movies when you have bombs exploding around you.   About 97% of the US made movies are total crap; it is like they cannot have a movie without bloodshed, profound stupidity or sex.  Most European movies are way more sensible.

2. I don't know about the industrious culture you want to see.  Generally the more people work the greater the damage to the surrounding world.

3. As for the Boliwood, movies in Punjabi in Canada, it proves we have no nation, no culture and nobody is expected to "integrate" to anything other than a lifestyle of work and paying bills.

1. Ok.  My point about western culture is still there though.  Whether US movies are crap or not, they are cultural exports...

2. That's pretty negative.  The corollary is that if we did nothing the world would be damage free ?

3. As opposed to all those many Canadian movies that Canadian whites love to watch every night.  What was the last Canadian film you saw in the cinema ?  

13 hours ago, Argus said:

Who tend to be much more conservative on social issues. Far less accepting of womens equality, gay rights, and all the other (cough-cough) sacred cows of the progressive Left. So if they come in in huge numbers so they can't be assimilated I would presume all the Left's progressive causes are going to take major hits.

Because the left does not think that far ahead. They are useful dupes for the people coming in from afar, who don't share the same fundamental values as Canadians. Nor are they interested in learning. We get the country we vote for and deserve.

PS, same goes now for USA under Bye-Bye Biden.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Argus said:

Education and a higher standard of living result in lower birth rates in all countries.  Even third world countries show that trend.

14 hours ago, Argus said:

So if they come in in huge numbers so they can't be assimilated I would presume all the Left's progressive causes are going to take major hits.

As has been pointed out to you time and again, immigrants take on the values of their host country, over time.  This has been shown in multiple studies around the world.

Not to mention, we've managed to push our "progressive" causes along, even in the last 50 years, despite the resistance of conservatives and Christians born and raised in Canada, fighting every step of the way.  Those people comprised more than 50% of the population 50 years ago, yet "progressive causes" prevailed.  Even now, Christians and conservatives are slow to accept "progressive causes" - witness abortion, transgender and indigenuous issues.

If we can win our "progressive causes", despite the objections of 30% to 50% of the population, why do you assume that we'd regress because 3% of the population objects?

On 11/4/2020 at 2:19 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Japan has a culture like you describe, in fact they dedicate much of their lives to serve a company , very polite , very thoughtful, and at the same time very racist, very superstitious, Japanese are some of the most industrious people on the planet, and yet they seem to find the time obsess with all markers. 

Not sure what world you live in but we has a species have a long way to go , before we live up to your dream.... 

On 11/5/2020 at 4:10 AM, Michael Hardner said:

3. As opposed to all those many Canadian movies that Canadian whites love to watch every night.  

Now with the 1.5 million immigrants every 3 years, you will soon be a minority and lucky to see a new Canadian movie for Canadian whites.

I would ask our minister of immigration if they are supposed to integrate to us or we to them.  Classes in Punjabi and Mandarin may be appropriate.

Edited by cougar

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Now with the 1.5 million immigrants every 3 years, you will soon be a minority and lucky to see a new Canadian movie for Canadian whites.

I would ask our minister of immigration if they are supposed to integrate to us or we to them.  Classes in Punjabi and Mandarin may be appropriate.

A progressive Liberal will expect you to learn their language

On 11/5/2020 at 4:51 AM, OftenWrong said:

Because the left does not think that far ahead. They are useful dupes for the people coming in from afar, who don't share the same fundamental values as Canadians. Nor are they interested in learning. We get the country we vote for and deserve.

PS, same goes now for USA under Bye-Bye Biden.

Castro Trudeau has plans to bring in over a million new immigrants and refugees in the next three years. With Canad'as unemployment rate at close to two million what in the hell would be a good reason for wanting to bring in another million and more into Canada? 

All this third world immigration is all about trying to destroy western culture and traditions and replace it with dozens of other foreign unneeded or unwanted cultures and traditions. this is an attack on all the western countries of the world. And if this is allowed to continue on, Canada has we once knew it will be looking more like the third world.

I can see in the future where many races, cultures, and traditions will be fighting with one another over turf in Canada. Our traitor leftist politicians are out to destroy the Canada we know today and replace it with many more foreign cultures that do not care about Canada and our western traditions and cultures. I cannot remember when I was ever asked if I wanted this to happen? Of course I probably never will be asked as a taxpayer of this country that I want to throw my Canada out the window and have it replaced by dozen's of other foreign cultures and languages. 

Democracy in Canada died long ago. Welcome to the new Canada where western culture will be eliminated forever.  Just my opinion of course. Works for me. :D