WE Charity Scandal

16 hours ago, scribblet said:

OK  this is weird..   so. youth minister Bardish Chagger  is now confirming  what the  contribution agreement with WE says- at it was for a $500 million dollar program, not $912 million.  If costs had gone above $500 million, "I'd be leaning on the public service to have those negotiations and see what would be needed"

So where did the $912 million figure come from and why is it only being corrected now?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/we-charity-student-grants-trudeau-covid-pandemic-1.5664391

You could be right.   They're only saying $500 mil in this committee.

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, betsy said:

You could be right.   They're only saying $500 mil in this committee.

So Margaret Trudeau was actually paid a whole lot more than previously told, and all after 2015.  The brothers are attacking journalists today,I imagine their scheme is coming apart. 

The   McCain trip was supposed to be a gift,so why did Morneau pay it back.  What charity gives gifts like that.

It is serious and I am disappointed. I didn't expect such behavior from a Trudeau Liberal government. That said the Cons(ervatives) especially if headed by a petty dictator like MacKay is not in any way a better alternative in my view but by far worse. I still remember Harper's years of scandal after scandal and his government's manipulations and how MacKay behaved as injustice minister.

This is likely why with all the controversy and yelling nothing has changed in favor of conservatives.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

2 hours ago, marcus said:

At the same time, I do wonder how Conservative supporters who are frustrated with Trudeau's abuse of power, were frustrated with Harper's abuse of power and the scandals that he was a part of.  

I don't think conservative supporters showed much of frustrations with years of Harper abuses. They were mostly silent (and now they are out in full with tooth and nail criticizing Trudeau) as most Liberal supporters are now.

Margaret Trudeau ,net worth $10 million US as of 2016.

Justin Trudeau net worth is also $10 million net worth as of 2017.

Sacha Trudeau net worth is estimated between $1-$5 million US.

I know she married into money and of course Justin was born into money and financially set for life the day he was born. Doesn't this whole thing just reek to high heaven when these virtue signaling multi millionaires still see fit to charge charities hefty fees for their services? And to me,"for their services" is clearly not for the public speaking. We all know it's payback to get access to those enormous  government handouts to WE. I have serious doubts about the business practices of WE and I wish it was getting more scrutiny .

29 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I don't think conservative supporters showed much of frustrations with years of Harper abuses. They were mostly silent (and now they are out in full with tooth and nail criticizing Trudeau) as most Liberal supporters are now.

Honestly . . . . how can any thinking person compare Harper's government with the 'gong show' that's playing out daily in Ottawa now.  Surely you jest.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is serious and I am disappointed. I didn't expect such behavior from a Trudeau Liberal government. That said the Cons(ervatives) especially if headed by a petty dictator like MacKay is not in any way a better alternative in my view but by far worse. I still remember Harper's years of scandal after scandal and his government's manipulations and how MacKay behaved as injustice minister.

This is likely why with all the controversy and yelling nothing has changed in favor of conservatives.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/

Harper's scandals?  I wish that is all we had to worry about. I would take Mike Duffy over this any day. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, scribblet said:

The brothers have refused to testify under oath And Jessie Brown says they are selling access to politicians and families.

They made their oath before testifying. 

They seem so slick - with those wide-eyed youthful "innocence!"  The way they tried to explain their complex structure, they are con artists.  That's how they come across to me.

Furthermore, they explained why they got Sophie and Margaret Trudeau speaking at WE Days - but the committee forgot about Alexander!   Those are THREE TRUDEAUS!  What did they need Alexander for?

Mainstream media will find nothing amiss there, they'll still protect Trudeau and bury this.

Edited by betsy

Who was that moderator in that committee?   He kept helping the brothers waste time going on and on.  The time of the real fact-finding members of the committee (and I'm not referring to Liberals whose purpose was to help the brothers), were being used up by old tactics time-eating explanations of the brothers!   That was well-planned with the Liberal MPs.   The same will happen when Trudeau testifies.

You're supposed to answer the question.   You're not supposed to go off on a tangent.

Edited by betsy

11 hours ago, scribblet said:

The brothers are attacking journalists today,I imagine their scheme is coming apart. 

Those media which carried the stories that the brothers say were incorrect would pursue this ......if the Kielburgers were lying about that.   Let's wait and see.

13 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Honestly . . . . how can any thinking person compare Harper's government with the 'gong show' that's playing out daily in Ottawa now.  Surely you jest.  

Yes no comparison. Harper Government was much more corrupt and worse decisions being made based on what THEIR supporters desired in order to keep their votes in general elections not evidence based (like the manner in which Peter MacKay under instruction by Harper manipulated and pushed bill C36 through Parliament in 2014 in a rushed manner which jeopardizes the safety of many or laying off many people just prior to election in order to artificially balance the books). No thinking person would compare the two. I didn't. You did. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

18 hours ago, marcus said:

At the same time, I do wonder how Conservative supporters who are frustrated with Trudeau's abuse of power, were frustrated with Harper's abuse of power and the scandals that he was a part of.  

Comparing Harper scandal-wise with Trudeau is like comparing the 1970-2020 Toronto Maple Leafs with the Mtl Canadiens of 1955-1979. 

FYI the Leafs have zero Cups in those fifty years, the Canadians had 15 in those 25 years. 

Even the most rabid Leafs fans will admit the Leafs sucked. Liberal toadies completely fail to understand and acknowledge Trudeau’s scandals. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes no comparison. Harper Government was much more corrupt and worse decisions being made based on what THEIR supporters desired in order to keep their votes in general elections not evidence based (like the manner in which Peter MacKay under instruction by Harper manipulated and pushed bill C36 through Parliament in 2014 in a rushed manner which jeopardizes the safety of many or laying off many people just prior to election in order to artificially balance the books). No thinking person would compare the two. I didn't. You did. 

I do enjoy the comic relief of your posts . . . . thank you.  Your reference to Bill C36 showcases your thought process, again thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are free to believe your own fallacies

3 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

I do enjoy the comic relief of your posts . . . . thank you.  Your reference to Bill C36 showcases your thought process, again thank you.

It shows your lack of understanding and judgmental nature. I was referring to the PROCESS of pushing a bill through the parliament using undemocratic means and I used Bill C36 as an example and not the content of Bill C36 (that is a separate debate) so no wonder you are a conservative supporter as your moral standard must rule the nation. Anyone outside your narrow religious circle is immoral and deserves punishments.

The conservative supporters are provided with a golden opportunity (WE charity scandal) to hit at Liberals hard and they are making a maximum use of this opportunity while same supporters were silent during the Harper era!!!!. This was my point and I used a few historic wrongdoings during the past conservative government. That was my point.

You conservative supporters are wasting your time. The latest CBC poll tracker showing that there is a 66% chance of a majority Liberal government led by Trudeau if elections are held today and 99% chance of winning. Canadians are smarter than that to be fooled by your hypocrisy. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

5 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

More corrupt? Please explain that oner?

21 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It shows your lack of understanding and judgmental nature. I was referring to the PROCESS of pushing a bill through the parliament using undemocratic means and I used Bill C36 as an example and not the content of Bill C36 (that is a separate debate) so no wonder you are a conservative supporter as your moral standard must rule the nation. Anyone outside your narrow religious circle is immoral and deserves punishments.

The conservative supporters are provided with a golden opportunity (WE charity scandal) to hit at Liberals hard and they are making a maximum use of this opportunity while same supporters were silent during the Harper era!!!!. This was my point and I used a few historic wrongdoings during the past conservative government. That was my point.

You conservative supporters are wasting your time. The latest CBC poll tracker showing that there is a 66% chance of a majority Liberal government led by Trudeau if elections are held today and 99% chance of winning. Canadians are smarter than that to be fooled by your hypocrisy. 

That is because he has bought of the voter. Look at people that would vote for him.  Young people and he is spending multi billions on them. But farmers which is more con, gets only 240m. Old people, most likely vote for cops.  1 time payment of $300. Fish farms on east coast and west coast, most likely liberals,  2.6b. Now kids that dont work and live at home is now getting money, future lib voters. And they will keep this cerb going right up till the election.  But there is soooo much more to come out. He will eventually have to step down. The older liberals know there is a shit storm coming.

Unfortunately, this double standard is expected. 

Yes, Trudeau and co. have used their power for their own gain. They should be punished for it.

Here is the problem: Many of the loudest critics of Trudeau were either silent or tried to make excuses when the Harper government abused their power during his reign. 

You guys want to know about these abuses by the Harper government? Take a look at this list. Some things on the list can be debated, but the majority of them cannot be. Here is just a taste:

image.thumb.png.4f8623029b8735feee93096341ddff9b.png

• Like 1