WE Charity Scandal

16 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

There isn't a PM of any stripe that will be able to patch-up this country now.  Quebec and Ontario have circled the wagons . . . . pissing away $$ they don't have. Brain-dead eastern voters and a mannequin for a PM.  Stuff just doesn't heal up with a change of PM. Not now.

It can. O'toole has a great simple plan. But the country has to back him to fight the international enviros and get some pipelines in the ground and sell our product. Very simple. And only a con can stop the west from leaving. The country was quiet when harper was in charge.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PIK said:

It can. O'Toole has a great simple plan. But the country has to back him to fight the international enviros and get some pipelines in the ground and sell our product. Very simple. And only a Con can stop the west from leaving. The country was quiet when Harper was in charge.

Hoping that you're right.  Backing O'Toole also.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

More WE scandal,  how could Trudeau think it was ok.

His human nature probably.  The better question is how come we lack the sort of robust checks and balances that prevent powerful politicians from following their human nature to closely?

I bet it has something to do with our own human nature.

By the looks of it, the story doesn't end with just that story.

Trudeau government arranged $1.18 million for WE Day event

featuring Margaret Trudeau

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/trudeau-government-contributed-1-18-million-to-we-day-event-in-2017-during-which-pms-mother-was-likely-paid-to-speak/wcm/cb72444d-9bc1-444a-b417-06d886325fba/

I don't know why this isn't in any of the two CANADIAN  24-hour news channel.  Yo - CBC and CTV ,  wakey-wakey!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

At first I was like "meh". But the more I read about this the worse it looks. This WE charity appears more and more like a secretive cult. Some people in media are even calling it that. And it's not clear what they do other than gather in large numbers of impressionable kids and then try to indoctrinate them in 'social consciousness'. The Trudeau family are far from the only Liberals with close ties to them. It seems like this group gets generous money from the government, then works to get Liberal MPs elected.

In this particular case they didn't even have much of an idea what they were going to do with these kids other than pay 'recruiters' to gather in large numbers of them and then maybe have them sew masks or read to old people or something. And half of the money would have wound up not with the teens but with WE and those they recruited to 'supervise' them. That's not a hell of a lot of accomplishment for a billion dollars.

1 hour ago, betsy said:

The woman on the stage has her knees together . . . . are you sure she's the lovely Margaret ?

I would love to know just what percentage of WE's funding comes from government handouts. This organization has gotten good marks from Charity Intelligence in the past but they have recently downgraded them.

From what I see of this particular charity, it reminds me of that "Up with people" kind of mindset.

https://www.canadalandshow.com/whats-the-deal-with-we-charitys-accounting-department/

I don't think this will stick to Trudeau either,thanks  to minimal coverage by the mainstream media. He clearly hasn't learned a single thing from his past mistakes. I do think his poll numbers will start to drop once he shows up in Parliament to face some opposition.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ironstone said:

I don't think this will stick to Trudeau either,thanks  to minimal coverage by the mainstream media.

Trudeau's funding the media - especially CBC - for this reason:   protection!  

He's got the media in his pocket.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/liberals-pledge-675-million-in-cbc-funding/article29354285/

Whenever there is a scandal with Trudeau, CBC projects itself as a news channel and yet, if you follow its follow-up message - it tries to "reason"  with the viewer.

Edited by betsy

This is just another conspiracy by the desperate conservatives who were fast losing support among the public to take a shot at the popularity of Trudeau government so that they cab reestablish their corrupt scandalist regime. Mistakes may have been made by Trudeau and his family however, him being busy with running a country and economy and Pandemic and everything else he can't possibly have an eye for everything which is happening around him or actions of all members of his family. He has admitted ha has made a mistake and deeply apologize for it. The Cons are after blood.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Argus said:

At first I was like "meh". But the more I read about this the worse it looks. This WE charity appears more and more like a secretive cult. Some people in media are even calling it that. And it's not clear what they do other than gather in large numbers of impressionable kids and then try to indoctrinate them in 'social consciousness'.

Hitler Youth, but instead of being trained to hate Jews they're trained to hate Canadians. 

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is just another conspiracy by the desperate conservatives who were fast losing support among the public to take a shot at the popularity of Trudeau government 

LMAO. Talk about drinking the Kool-Ade.

Trudeau's funnelling taxpayer money directly to his family's pockets and you think it's the conservatives making a fuss about nothing.... You think that the Bloc, Greens and NDP are ok with this?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is just another conspiracy by the desperate conservatives who were fast losing support among the public to take a shot at the popularity of Trudeau government so that they cab reestablish their corrupt scandalist regime. Mistakes may have been made by Trudeau and his family however, him being busy with running a country and economy and Pandemic and everything else he can't possibly have an eye for everything which is happening around him or actions of all members of his family. He has admitted ha has made a mistake and deeply apologize for it. The Cons are after blood.

For someone who complains about corruption you don't appear to be bothered very much by corruption. As long as it's your side doing it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

LMAO. Talk about drinking the Kool-Ade.

Trudeau's funnelling taxpayer money directly to his family's pockets and you think it's the conservatives making a fuss about nothing.... You think that the Bloc, Greens and NDP are ok with this?  

You have no proof that he did this. As I said he is busy with running a country and he cannot be on the top of everything and know in details about everything done by his government or his family. You are PROVED my point that is desperate Cons wanting to make popular Prime Minister look bad!!!!

4 hours ago, Argus said:

For someone who complains about corruption you don't appear to be bothered very much by corruption. As long as it's your side doing it.

Corruption is when someone do something wrong knowingly or is proven to be involved in a wrongdoing. There is no proof that the PM himself was involved in that affair or aware of it. He is running a country during a crisis. He can't possibly know about all the details of government and his family. He need a hundred brains and eyes to do all that.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, betsy said:

I don't know why this isn't in any of the two CANADIAN  24-hour news channel.  Yo - CBC and CTV ,  wakey-wakey!

If it wasn't in the news how did you find out about it?

Edited by eyeball

45 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You have no proof that he did this. As I said he is busy with running a country and he cannot be on the top of everything and know in details about everything done by his government or his family. You are PROVED my point that is desperate Cons wanting to make popular Prime Minister look bad!!!!

A Prime Minister has advisors, handlers, speech writers, researchers . . . . . . except this clown.  He bumbles along looking pretty, shoveling other peoples money to any/everyone that comes along, has absolutely no concept of ethics, he gropes, he lies, he sheds tears like the fool he is, and folks like you think he's great. Are you 'new' to the country or just uninformed?  And yes, Trudeau looks bad and smells of corruption.  This country deserves better . . . . 

Edited by Nefarious Banana
punctuation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Corruption is when someone do something wrong knowingly or is proven to be involved in a wrongdoing. There is no proof that the PM himself was involved in that affair or aware of it. He is running a country during a crisis. He can't possibly know about all the details of government and his family. He need a hundred brains and eyes to do all that.

Really, he didn't know about his wife, mother and brothers receiving payments, he might not have known how much or how many but he had to know.

Rachel Wernick (Sr. Asst. Deputy Minister) said:  I received a proposal from Craig Kielburger on April 22,"  That is the same day the Prime Minister announced the program.

Testimony at the  finance committee  WE scandal tells us that the Trudeau-linked WE Charity stood to collect $43 million to run student grant program, more than double previously disclosed $19.5 million!

Also:  We have no idea how many "volunteers" was the end goal.

-the $910 million cost of this program cannot be reconciled.

-the idea clearly did not originate from the public service.

-no effort to involve any other org. but WE.

And,  how does a charity that collects funds for schools and clean water in the 3rd world end up with $43.7 M in Toronto real estate?

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 6:29 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

A Prime Minister has advisors, handlers, speech writers, researchers . . . . . . except this clown.  He bumbles along looking pretty, shoveling other peoples money to any/everyone that comes along, has absolutely no concept of ethics, he gropes, he lies, he sheds tears like the fool he is, and folks like you think he's great. Are you 'new' to the country or just uninformed?  And yes, Trudeau looks bad and smells of corruption.  This country deserves better . . . . 

Who is that this country deserves in YOUR opinion. Some idiot dictator like Peter MacKay who was an injustice minister during corrupt Harper regime as Justice minister pushed the bills through Parliament, totally in undemocratic manner through deceptions and calling his own hand picked witnesses and etc.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Corruption is when someone do something wrong knowingly or is proven to be involved in a wrongdoing. There is no proof that the PM himself was involved in that affair or aware of it.

His ties to this group are numerous and go back years. The leaders are his friends, and he has attended numerous of their cult-like gatherings, as has his wife and mother. Is he unaware of this? Yet he did not recuse himself when the vote came to award them a nearly one billion dollar contract. Neither did Morneau. Did Morneau not know his two daughters worked there?  Do you really think it just coincidence that this group was chosen on a no-bid contract worth so much?

• Like 3

Who is that this country deserves in YOUR opinion. Some idiot dictator like Peter MacKay who was an injustice minister during corrupt Harper regime as Justice minister pushed the bills through Parliament, totally in undemocratic manner through deceptions and calling his own hand picked witnesses and etc.

I note that you exempt Trudeau from all blame by suggesting he was too dumb to know what was going on, yet when it comes to the Harper government you firmly convict them without trial.