Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The right-honerible Doug Ford needs to take a page from Governor DeSantis in Florida. Place an order to cease and desist all quarantine measures and suspend legal actions against any persons charged with disobeying covid-19 restrictions, such as not wearing a face mask.

It's not enough to say "We leave it up to the municipalities", because certain mayors like John Tory need to be kept in check. We the governed never gave that kind of authority to mayors, nor do they know how to handle it. It's a failure of leadership.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The right-honerible Doug Ford needs to take a page from Governor DeSantis in Florida. Place an order to cease and desist all quarantine measures and suspend legal actions against any persons charged with disobeying covid-19 restrictions, such as not wearing a face mask.

It's not enough to say "We leave it up to the municipalities", because certain mayors like John Tory need to be kept in check. We the governed never gave that kind of authority to mayors, nor do they know how to handle it. It's a failure of leadership.

DeSantis has been the governor to screw this up the most. 

Florida still regularly has more than 1000 daily cases and 100 deaths. 

Today Ontario has a record 700 cases and that's case for much alarm. In Florida, they'd love to have Ontario numbers. 

16 minutes ago, Boges said:

Today Ontario has a record 700 cases and that's case for much alarm. In Florida, they'd love to have Ontario numbers. 

I would never have voted for Ford, and likely won't either however he clearly cares very much about solving this problem and I appreciate that.  The question is whether we will have to shut down schools soon.

41 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I would never have voted for Ford, and likely won't either however he clearly cares very much about solving this problem and I appreciate that.  The question is whether we will have to shut down schools soon.

It depends where these cases are coming from. 

It seems it's from Social gatherings and not really from School or work. 

The key measure was taken by limiting private gatherings. 

• Like 1

It was never suppose to be just about cases.  It was suppose to be about hospitalizations.  There's no reason to shut down anything right now.  And if you actually look at the science, children aren't at any higher risk from coronavirus than the regular flu.  Regardless, it's funny when teachers argue that they're an essential service when it comes to contract time, but when it actually comes to preforming their essential service, they argue against it.  You can't have it both ways.

8 hours ago, Boges said:

As long as the thousands we see being counted as infected feel nothing more than a little discomfort, theres no problem at all.

For reference, CDC data has been presented here on this site. There is not much room to argue with the science.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

he clearly cares very much about solving this problem and I appreciate that. 

Yes “clearly”, because he made some emotional noises and a long sad face. Then defers all decision making to the lower ranks. Does that sound like a leader who cares? Because if it does, you have absolutely no concept of what leadership is.

That you now like this ignorant monkey is testimony that all it takes to make a fool out of a liberal, is pull their little heart-strings.

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

As long as the thousands we see being counted as infected feel nothing more than a little discomfort, theres no problem at all.

You overlooked the death figure I gave. 200,000 dead in the US in 8 month. 

Second leading cause of death behind Hearth Disease. 

For reference, CDC data has been presented here on this site. There is not much room to argue with the science.

Except when the Trump Admin tells them what to say. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amid-pandemic-confidence-cdc-erodes-questions-political-interference/story?id=73239582

3 hours ago, Boges said:

You overlooked the death figure I gave. 200,000 dead in the US in 8 month. 

Second leading cause of death behind Hearth Disease. 

Except when the Trump Admin tells them what to say. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amid-pandemic-confidence-cdc-erodes-questions-political-interference/story?id=73239582

But this is about Doug Ford now.

And so what, pPeople die every day by the thousands. In fact almost as many die in a given day, worldwide, as are born.

When CDC tells us there is now a 99.5 % chance of survival for anyone who gets it below the age of 70, it's hard to get excited about this virus any more. It is time to move on. Just waiting for the frightened leadership to come to terms with the realization.

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

But this is about Doug Ford now.

And so what, pPeople die every day by the thousands. In fact almost as many die in a given day, worldwide, as are born.

When CDC tells us there is now a 99.5 % chance of survival for anyone who gets it below the age of 70, it's hard to get excited about this virus any more. It is time to move on. Just waiting for the frightened leadership to come to terms with the realization.

OK, well be one of those people that throws a temper tantrum when asked to wear a mask and has 50 people over to your home. 

On 4/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, cannabis_ca said:

It's a proven fact that wearing a mask can help! Why don't our top politicians start wearing a mask at the public??  

Look at how things are under control in Korea and Singapore,  and look at how the top people setup a role model so everyone follows.  

I still see half of the people outside in gocery stores or simply walking outside downtown Toronto without wearing a mask.  

If you cannot buy one, here it is:  www.ppecanadasupplies.com   

If you're following Ford by not wearing one, it's really an issue we should be dealing with! 

Look social justice warrior follower. If you want to wear a face diaper mask then wear one all you want too. You can even wear your mask taking a shower if you want too. But leave the rest of us more intelligent people alone out there who do not believe in wearing a mask nor thinks that wearing a mask protects anyone from any virus out there. No one has the right to tell me that I must wear a mask everywhere I go. Why would you be so concerned about people not wearing a mask anyway? If you are wearing a mask then you are now protected from non-wearing masker leaders like me and so what are you all upset and scared about anyway? You are safe are you not? 

I see hundreds of people in my travels every day going about their daily business not wearing a face diaper mask. They obviously are not all that bit concerned about catching anything that may be floating around out there. Only scardy cats like you who are always living in a state of fear and panic that you are going to catch some Convid 19 bug out there. 

Your dear comrade politicians, the lying media, the lying hospital administrators, and those so called health experts have hundreds of thousands of people like you all living in a state of paranoia and thinking that if I do not do as my dear leader masters say I will die. Go away with your silly nonsense. You bore me with your foolishness that we all should be wearing masks. I do not want to live your new normal life. I want my old normal life back as it once was before people like you came along and took it all away from me. I despise mask wearers big time. They are zombie followers. 

Doug Ford and Marxist Trudeau have your back. Chuckle-chuckle. 

Edited by taxme

21 minutes ago, Boges said:

OK, well be one of those people that throws a temper tantrum when asked to wear a mask and has 50 people over to your home. 

I think everybody should be able to do whatever they want, without orders from some authority. they should only provide guidelines.

That way the virus-slaves can maintain their facemask-wearing lifestyle with great diligence, and I won't be bothered. 

Everybody wins!

48 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I think everybody should be able to do whatever they want, without orders from some authority. they should only provide guidelines.

That way the virus-slaves can maintain their facemask-wearing lifestyle with great diligence, and I won't be bothered. 

Everybody wins!

That Libertarian view is a reasonable one. 

But then the government can tell you not to bother come to a hospital should you get sick. 

But then let's say you recover without medical intervention but infect scores of other people because you just don't give a shit? Libertarianism can have reasonable view, but it also can come off as Selfish AF. 

20 hours ago, Boges said:

And, of course, you're the arbiter of who's an incompetent goon.

I can be.

Here's an article that shows the problem. Doug knows nothing about anything, but where he was supposed to know as a leader, he failed.

Fewer COVID-19 deaths in B.C. than Ontario long-term care credited to funding, policy

Remember when I said, way back in this thread, the first priority to preventing deaths is to focus on the elderly, and those who are crammed in old age homes? How did I know that?

I must be a genius or somethin, right?
Or maybe I'm a sooth-sayer. Forsooth...

But more to the point- When this all started, several people in the public pointed this little issue out to the Premier. His Worship then responded, "We don't need a friggin public inquiry to look into this. We are handling it."

Having said that, and it is true, I think we should all be relieved that the Premier did not opt to shut down Ontario in his public utterances yesterday. This despite that apparently the OMA was pressuring him to do so. Ford says he is following the advice of his provincial medical advisors. At least he does that now. Surely he does want the coronavirus plague to end, so that he can redirect his focus on his own issues, like shutting down libraries.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Having said that, and it is true, I think we should all be relieved that the Premier did not opt to shut down Ontario in his public utterances yesterday. This despite that apparently the OMA was pressuring him to do so. Ford says he is following the advice of his provincial medical advisors. At least he does that now. Surely he does want the coronavirus plague to end, so that he can redirect his focus on his own issues, like shutting down libraries.

I don't think anyone in Ontario would put up with another Shutdown. Certainly restaurants couldn't survive another round of Take-Out only options. 

Trying to limit social gatherings is a good goal because it appears that's where all the positive cases are coming from. 

4 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Truth.  Factor their population to Canada's and you would get somewhere around 2800 cases.  

Canada had 2800 new cases yesterday. So they are no worse than us.
All the shutdown, quarantine, distancing, mandatory masking we do gives us no advantage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Canada had 2800 new cases yesterday. So they are no worse than us.
All the shutdown, quarantine, distancing, mandatory masking we do gives us no advantage.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/7379494/coronavirus-canada-october-5/amp/

Not sure where you are getting your info, but anyway we still have a slight advantage and it shows lockdowns were very effective.