Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Numbers keep dropping, but businesses and schools are now opening. 

I don't believe businesses are what's fuelling the spread. I was in a grocery store on Saturday where social distancing was impossible. These type of businesses have always been open. 

Hopefully people have got the message about large family and friend gatherings. 

If not, we'll have to wait until the Spring, when people can do things outside again. 

15 minutes ago, Boges said:

Numbers keep dropping, but businesses and schools are now opening. 

I don't believe businesses are what's fuelling the spread. I was in a grocery store on Saturday where social distancing was impossible. These type of businesses have always been open. 

Hopefully people have got the message about large family and friend gatherings. 

If not, we'll have to wait until the Spring, when people can do things outside again. 

Or maybe the virus is dying on its own.

Or, people have realized getting tested comes with its own set of issues, and are not getting tested unless they feel seriously ill. Want the numbers to go down? Self quarantine, and don't tell anyone. Just carry on our wayward sons.

33 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Or, people have realized getting tested comes with its own set of issues, and are not getting tested unless they feel seriously ill. Want the numbers to go down? Self quarantine, and don't tell anyone. Just carry on our wayward sons.

Testing Fluctuates. Yesterday was some 30,000. So it's not nothing. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-reports-fewest-new-covid-19-cases-since-late-october-10-more-deaths-1.5312335

The daily new cases is hiding the fact that active cases are a third of what they were earlier in the year. Which means less of the virus in the community. 

Hospitalizations aren't coming down as fast. What we do know about COVID-19 is that when it gets you, it gets you bad. People who have serious versions of the virus can be in the Hospital for awhile. 

The way we get to normal again is having COVID-19 endemic in society, but not a serious version. And those that are susceptible to a serious version of the virus need to be vaccinated. 

On 2/15/2021 at 8:34 AM, Zeitgeist said:

You're right.  It's blatant racism.  It's what happens when certain ethnic groups are given special privileges and treated as morally superior.  Our governments have gotten away from equality and the important idea that people are people.

There is no justification to prioritize 20 year-old Indigenous adults for vaccination over 75 year old non-Indigenous adults.  Our federal government plays favourites and ignores science.  

White lives don't matter.  :(

On 2/17/2021 at 8:21 AM, Boges said:

Testing Fluctuates. Yesterday was some 30,000. So it's not nothing. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-reports-fewest-new-covid-19-cases-since-late-october-10-more-deaths-1.5312335

The daily new cases is hiding the fact that active cases are a third of what they were earlier in the year. Which means less of the virus in the community. 

Hospitalizations aren't coming down as fast. What we do know about COVID-19 is that when it gets you, it gets you bad. People who have serious versions of the virus can be in the Hospital for awhile. 

The way we get to normal again is having COVID-19 endemic in society, but not a serious version. And those that are susceptible to a serious version of the virus need to be vaccinated. 

The PCR tests have been known to give false positive readings. The only way we all can end this Covid nonsense is to stop playing this Covid game. The restrictions on our freedoms cannot end until we the people say enough already. Our dear dictatorial leaders, with the help of the fake news media, will keep trying to create a constant fear and panic among the people to keep them in line and that if we the people do not listen to their lies we will all die. 

Give your head a shake and wake the hell up. If you want to continue to live this new normal communist globalist life then just keep saying, yes massa.  ;)

On 2/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, OftenWrong said:

The only time to know that one may have a virus is when one starts to show the symptoms of having a cold flu virus. We have been told that if anyone starts showing the signs of having a fever and having respiratory problems then they may have a virus and not necassarily this particular Covid virus. Then one should quarantine themselves down which is what most people will do when they use to get the flu in the past. To keep doing all the things that have been told to us that we must all do by our dear dictatorial political leaders or else is absolutely crazy.

Our politicians have been granted the powers of control over we the people and it must be taken away from them now for the sake of our health and safety and well being. Our politicians all know that this is a farce and why cannot we the people see this also? No virus has lasted as long as this one has. They normally die off when summer and the heat from the sun arrives plus the benefits of Vitamin D from the sun. I suspect that it is being kept alive for some not known reason. And now they want to introduce to us another Covid virus. Covid #21? 

This particular virus may have died off months ago for all we know but for some unknown reason some people seem to want to keep this virus alive. Now I wonder who they might be? I have my suspicions as to who they are. Just my opinion of course.  ;)

• 1 month later...

The voluminous Doug Ford is about to announce an Ontario-wide lockdown for a month. Problem is, those areas that are showing high numbers trending upward are already in lockdown, either code red or grey, and have been so since December!

That feeling when you've reached the point of diminishing returns, but the leadership is so stunned they have no other option. Keep pounding the same spot on the wall.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

The voluminous Doug Ford is about to announce an Ontario-wide lockdown for a month. Problem is, those areas that are showing high numbers trending upward are already in lockdown, either code red or grey, and have been so since December!

That feeling when you've reached the point of diminishing returns, but the leadership is so stunned they have no other option. Keep pounding the same spot on the wall.

The last lockdown did achieve a drop in numbers. 

It's not about spread, it's about Hospitalization. You have to do something if Hospitals in Hot Zones have to be moving patients out to places without a huge problem. COVID-19 ICU patients seem to stay there for a long time. Meaning patients pile up. 

It does appear the variants are effecting younger people more than before. 

Short of isolating these regions, I'm not sure what can be done. Nothing is stopping someone in Toronto from driving out to get a service that isn't available in their city. 

Edited by Boges

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

They have not been decisive and always act too little and too late. They are always one step behind instead of being one step ahead. They start acting when the virus has widely spread in the province.

Modelling shows with a month of lockdown, the number of new daily infections will slow to between 1000 to 1500 whereas by the end of April and without lockdown it will go up to 6000 by the end of April. Last lockdown worked and this one will work too. They should have done it sooner though.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

All these comrade leaders of ours in Canada have to do is to set the PCR test bar higher than what it should really be and voila you get more Convid 1984 cases of the phony virus which then allows dictators like comrade Ford to create more shut downs. These comrade leaders of ours love their power and authority that has been granted to them and they are really using those powers to deny Canadians their rights and freedoms. The majority of Canadians have become nothing more than a bunch of blond dumb bunnies. 

Just how much longer are Canadians going to keep putting up with this virus chit is beyond me. There has to be many more dummy Canadians out there than I thought were out there.

16 American states have already dumped all of their Covid 1984 dictatorial restrictions and their citizen's have once again gained back their freedoms. But here in Canada, well, things appear to be getting worse. As I have said here many times already. As long as the Canadian sheeple keep obeying and doing as they are told by their dear comrade leaders this convid 1984 hoax of a joke will never end. It will just go on and on and on just like that battery bunny rabbit. Hello? 

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Just how much longer are Canadians going to keep putting up with this virus chit is beyond me. There has to be many more dummy Canadians out there than I thought were out there.

Why? What are you doing to stick it to the man? 

Refusing to wear a mask in public like the brave patriot you are? :lol:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

They have not been decisive and always act too little and too late. They are always one step behind instead of being one step ahead. They start acting when the virus has widely spread in the province.

Modelling shows with a month of lockdown, the number of new daily infections will slow to between 1000 to 1500 whereas by the end of April and without lockdown it will go up to 6000 by the end of April. Last lockdown worked and this one will work too. They should have done it sooner though.

Stop spreading your Covid 1984 propaganda will you. You have no idea as to what you are talking about. All you do is constantly keep listening to the lying and fake politicians, media, and those so called health officials who are actually lying to you every day. But you are not that bright to get it just yet.

16 American states have already dumped all of their Convid 1984 communist restrictions and their citizen.s have once again gained back their rights and freedoms. While here in Canada our dear comrade leaders refuse to give us back our rights and freedoms that we all once enjoyed just over a year ago. HELLO, what is with people like you anyway? How much longer are you willing to play this lying virus game before you woke the hell up? In your case probably never, eh? ;)

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Why? What are you doing to stick it to the man? 

Refusing to wear a mask in public like the brave patriot you are? :lol:

I belong to many patriotic organizations who are out there trying to gain back our rights and freedoms that people like you seem to enjoy watching and being taken away from us all. Have you not seen all of the demonstrations that have been going on in Canada for months now by real and true Canadian patriots who are tired and fed up and who are trying to get rid of this fake and phony Convid 1984 hoax an lie. It is people like you that keep this Convid 1984 virus lie going. 

I refuse and do not wear a face diaper mask anywhere I go when I am outside. But I am forced to wear a diaper mask inside some business premises in order to buy the essentials that I need to survive here in communist Canada. I call the forcing of having to wear a mask akin to what is said in the bible. I believe it is called the Mark of the Beats or 666. 

I know that you are one of those fools who are trying to stick it to people who do not believe in your man made globalist created convid 1984 virus. Only buffoons and cowards believe in this fake and phony virus lie and hoax. :D 

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's completely anecdotal, but most of the people 60+, I know, now have access to a vaccine appointment. 

Perhaps we should pivot vaccination to service sector worker. I suspect they're driving a lot of the infection rates. 

Real men and women don't take vaccines especially when they do not even know as to what is in a vaccine. Only terrified and scared of catching a fake virus people take vaccines. You are obviously one of those frightened little children. 

A little secret for you to know. The symptoms of supposedly having this China virus are supposed to be fever and breathing problems. If one does not have any of those symptoms then you are free to carry on freely in life. If one does have those symptoms then they should stay at home and isolate until they get better. There, problem solved.

There is really no need for anyone or any business to have to be locked down or people being forced to wear masks or social distancing when no one knows as to whether they have this dreaded convid 1984 virus or not. The only way that anyone knows that they have this "virus' is that they show signs of having this "virus". Otherwise, get on with life and stop acting like a bunch of scared little crybaby children. Grorw the hell up. ;)

29 minutes ago, taxme said:

Real men and women don't take vaccines especially when they do not even know as to what is in a vaccine. Only terrified and scared of catching a fake virus people take vaccines. You are obviously one of those frightened little children. 

Good luck travelling once the vaccine is widely available then. 

News just in.

The Ontario government is imposing a province-wide "emergency brake" starting Saturday, but stopped short of a stay-at-home order, despite modelling showing such a measure could significantly curb the surge in COVID-19 case numbers and hospitalizations.   

We have incompetent people running this province who as the thread title says care about the economy more than the lives and safety of Ontarians. Always too little too late.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes it could work. If you put everyone in a prison cell it will definitley stop the spread of infectious diseases. Congratulations to the Einsteins who have come to this revelation.

/s

They should do it more smartly. as I said, those areas are already in lockdown, while others which are not, should be allowed to continue as much as reasonable possible. Unless the data can prove that those areas which are not being affected are causing the spread. That simply does not follow.

But I guess when all you have is a sledgehammer, all you see are rocks and nails.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

While here in Canada our dear comrade leaders refuse to give us back our rights and freedoms that we all once enjoyed just over a year ago.

PM Trudeau... enjoys... celebrates even... the fact there is a worldwide pandemic. As we can see on the video where he grins and expresses how pleased he is at this "opportunity to re-shape the world".

Therebye it makes sense- If you want the shutdown to continue, you sabotage the vaccine purchases. Screw the people, as we are the world's first post-flatulent state.

• Like 1

I know this is a bit of Monday Morning Quarterbacking but Ontario has effed up this rollout. 

1) Apparently there are scores of no-shows to appointments because people are making multiple appointments to try and secure early dates.

You can't no-show to a dentist appointment without paying a fee. How can you not charge someone for possibly waste a valuable vaccine? 

2) The drivers of this wave is not LTC home residents, it's not even at-risk populations. It's outbreaks in factories and warehouses in low-income areas. Younger people are getting it and spreading it. 

The vaccination effort should focus on people that can't stay home! 

Anyone over 50 can get a Vaccine. We need to focus on people that are contributing to the increased hospitalization. 

Edited by Boges

Also, retail establishments can stay open in hot spots under this new "shutdown".

But personal care and dining are halted in places where the outbreak wasn't so bad. 

There were 6 plus weeks where this was allowed without a drastic spike in cases in many of the regions surrounding Toronto. 

I hope DoFo gets murdered for this Shutdown. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1